Should I see Grindhouse in one sitting, or the two films seperately?

Should I see Grindhouse in one sitting, or the two films seperately?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lG4tNUE-L2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even better. Don't.

The gimmick is the only thing it has going for it, they are not worth watching as standalone films.

Death Proof is fun, Planet Terror is garbage.

Death Proof is a dull masturbatory drag that never appropriately captures the tone of the movies it homages. It's a Tarantino movie with a dirty filter, cigarette burns, and some scenes skipped.

Planet Terror is a fine film in its own right. Just right with the amount of excess and completely comfortable in its own element. So, watch that one.

The grindhouse version is actually good
It's much clearer what the aim is, plus cuts out a lot of the 'fat' that means death proof gets such a negative reception

Convinced most people that shit on it haven't watched it properly

>who speaks the truth?

this, although planet terror was all right.

Death Proof is boring as fuck.

90% of the movie is chicks talking about their sex lives. There's exactly 2 driving sequences.

It feels like a parody of a Tarrantino movie, or one of the endless rip offs that came out after Pulp Fiction. It's just as bad as Planet Terror is.

Watch the trailers then stop

Rodriguez>>>>>Tarantino

Every day of the week, no contest.

It was cool in the theater. On a TV you might as well watch them separate. They aren't great movies but they aren't bad either. Planet Terror is pretty good for what it is. You'll probably only like Death Proof if you like Tarantino's loooong dialogue scenes. Every scene with Kurt Russel is great though. MEW looks amazing in her cheerleader outfit and there's a pretty good lap dance scene with a thick Hispanic chick.

I'm mad I never got to see them in the cinema as originally intended, back to back with the fake ads and vintage title cards. Even if the films sucked i give the project 9/10 for style

Skip death proof. Aside from two scenes that can be seen on youtube its shit.

Literally two hours of dumb sluts that all sound like tarantino yapping about literally nothing.

Planet terror is schlock but at least it owns it.

Funny how people are divided on these two.

I thought Death Proof was a boring, unfocused Tarantino meandering. Although it does get good by the end. Worth it.

Planet Terror is superior. It has some stupid moments but it has focus and moves a cogent storyline forward with interesting developments.

DP: C+
PT: B+

Watch both however you like.

Tarantino is a better writer and director but he's so autistic and egomaniacal that his films, specifically post Kill Bill, become bloated and overbearing. Even though I enjoyed Django and Hateful Eight, they both had unnecessary scenes and could have been trimmed a good half hour.

Rodriguez is just a dude making movies he loves for fun.

Agreed. Now, another question is, which fake trailer is everyone's favorite?

youtube.com/watch?v=lG4tNUE-L2E

There is a Blu Ray "Grindhouse edition" release that is the same way it was in the theater with all the fake trailers and "footage missing" cuts

You can still watch it like this on the grindhouse blu-ray

Meant to reply to

There's even an audience reaction audio track for extra theater atmosphere

>Even though I enjoyed Django and Hateful Eight, they both had unnecessary scenes and could have been trimmed a good half hour.

Yeah, QT has become overbearing in a lot of ways.

I like Hateful 8, but when I think of it I always think about that scene that happens just after the interval (I think), where Kurt Russell is poisoned and starts puking up blood.

He spews out the blood in such comical fashion, that it reminded me of the scene from Team America, where the dummy is puking up in the alley way in a violent way.

In any case, the scene is way out of tone for what has been a pretty slow sombre movie up to that point. I'm starting to think maybe QT has it again, and suddenly it turns into an episode of fucking South Park. What the fuck?

Reminder that they are trimmed by about half an hour in the grindhouse cut, which it sounds like few people in this thread watched. The whole project makes so much more sense when watched that way, it's so much better

Grindhouse is good

He's cut in comedic moments into dramatic scenes since his very first film

Planet Terror is K.I.N.O.

He also did in much less jarring ways. The scene in Hateful 8 is just there. It's just a terribly placed scene, and it just undermines everything he's trying to do.

It doesn't ruin the film, but it does ruin the scene. Kurt Russell was great in the movie, but I didn't care after he died because of how he died.

oh wow, i haven't seen this since it premiered in theaters back in 2007
the fake trailers are great but both movies are too long and as a result it makes it almost a chore to watch
i remember being the only one who watched the entire thing because everyone in the theater left halfway through
also planet terror>death proof

I feel all Tarantino films consist of unnecessary scenes.
That's part of what to expect like 5mins straight of Tarantino talks about dicks with his self-insert role.

As originally shown. To make Death Proof feature length he padded it out with garbage filler. This is coming from a big Tarantino fan.

The second guy. First dude doesn't understand Planet Terror is MEANT to be garbage, that's its whole thing. It parodies and hommages 70s slasher horror films with all its cheesy lines and over the top visuals and gore.
Death Proof only has a few good moments, it caught me off guard with the head on accident scene and the last chase scene was great but they could have cut away half of the vapid girl talk and nothing would have been lost. The buildup still would have been slow and tense enough.

>start watching Grindhouse
>Based Lapidus appears on Machete trailer
Already like it! Gonna be pure Kino

the actual machete movie is pretty good
avoid the sequel

SAYEED ALSO APPEARS!!!! PUREST KINO!!!

mel gibson is fantastic in the sequel though