After an user yesterday made a really comfy Resident Evil thread I decided to check it out and find out that they made...

After an user yesterday made a really comfy Resident Evil thread I decided to check it out and find out that they made waaay more than the one I knew about.

Who the fuck knew there were like 6 of these things?

I'm watching the second one now, and honestly, it's actually gotten a little better on some points and a little worse at others.

Good:
>clearly higher budget, the first one must have sold well
>no more stupid CGI, and more makeup and costuming, they even made Nemesis a guy in a suit instead of just animating him
>Jill Valentine is a cool character and some of the stereotype sidecast work well
>Alice hasn't gone Super Sayian yet (which someone told me she will)

Bad:
>lacks the claustrophobic feel of The Hive
>all semblance of horror elements are essentially gone, it's an action movie now
>no Marilyn Manson to make cool stuff like youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4JoovKWCU

I'm about 80% through it and honestly, it's a pretty solid movie.

What does Sup Forums think of the Resident Evil series?

When does it all go bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98
youtu.be/JsgbkuMnm6U
youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4
youtube.com/watch?v=RIvQpcmqBtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a pretty solid but ultimately unrealistic flick. Racoon city is suppose to be in America but the corporation is allowed to wall it in and open fire on civilians withou any government stepins? Riiiight.

5=1>3>2>4
Didn't watch 6th

>Who the fuck knew there were like 6 of these things?
I know, right? I suddenly realized around the 3rd one that this was a thing now, and they were still making these movies.

>What does Sup Forums think of the Resident Evil series?
The movies are good when they try to do their own thing. The more it falls back on characters/concepts from the video games, the worse it becomes. If you haven't played them, you wouldn't know this, but the Resident Evil games aren't exactly the peak of storytelling.

>When does it all go bad?
It's subjective, but you can kinda' feel the decline in 3, and by 4 it's a fucking swandive into an abyss the series will never recover from. Seriously, you think it's an action movie NOW? You poor sod.

>unrealistic
You were expecting realism from these movies? And why the fuck would the capitalist center of the planet mind what corporations do? Fuck they're practically the Microsoft of this universe but evil. They probably own every official IN the government.

You should. 6 ain't bad, and if you, like me, enjoyed the 5th one, the 6th is actually better than that.

The twist in 4 or 5 about the clones was legitimately surprising and good.

Exactly, I didn't call it either. Whenever these movies just give the middle finger to the video games and come up with their own ideas it's actually not bad.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

You know what I'd watch? A corporate Umbrella film.

I know that doesn't exactly sound like it's in the spirit of the series, but for me, watching them flail around with infinite money, trying to contain a virus that's literally airborn is actually kinda' fun.

I mean, you can say what you want about them being evil and shit, but through most movies they're really not the bad guys. Hell, even the initial contamination wasn't essentially their fault. It was Alice's husband who set it all off when he attempted to steal the virus and sell it.

Umbrella literally spend the next 6 movies trying their best to contain it all.

I remember enjoying the first one. The only two problems I had with it were the clearly shit CGI effects and the guns. For some reason every time someone fired a gun they made a silenced noise, despite there not being any actual silencers on the weapons.

The peak came when that one black captain dude pulled a fucking deagle that sounded like a peeshooter. It's small but it annoyed me hell and back.

I can kinda' get why everyone hated the CGI in the first movie, because the Hive was very well lit and the CGI just didn't look good when it stayed in focus too long. However in the second movie they were smart enough to have the CGI monster only appear when it was night, and dark and shit. Making it look infinitley better.

Know what I never got? The only thing the zombies can really do in the first few movies is bite, and maybe scratch you, right? Whey the fuck does Umbrella send their special forced in without light plastic scaled on top off their usual combat gear? The zombies aren't portrayed as super strong or anything, so it's not like they can bite through basic material. And it's not like gluing hard plastic to your soldier's armor would be a costly process.ยจ

I mean fuck, in 'Straya we have oilskin coats that are designed to prevent bites and stings. Give each STAR (or whatever their spec ops units were called) and some boots and they'd be essentially 10 times as effective.

Instead I remember most of the STARs wearing fucking sleeveless shirts. Like fucking really?

the 6th one is total shit, its edited so badly and the jump cuts are insane , you will literally have an epileptic fit watching it. shame coz its actually a good movie but edited by an Autistic on cocaine.

You know, I never thought about it, but you're right. This is surprisingly lightly geared for a unit who's ONLY fear is being bitten. Instead they where bullet proof vests and shit. Get these faggots one of those coats.

You guys are overthinking this. Technically they could just send in one of two fucking tanks and then clear the entire city, but instead they fall back on light infantry. Umbrella, even in the games, aren't know for their bright decisions.

the three CGI movies are better than these live action turds, they actually are related to the game and not a vehicle for Milla Jovovich tits.

I really enjoy the first two

See I don't agree with this. While the newest one way okay, I don't see the need for this crap. If you don't mind CGI, and you wan to see what happens in the games: why not just play the games? Watch a Let's Play? Read a story-summary?

It's not like they're amazing stories anyway.

At least the movies (the first ones) tried to do their own thing.

The 6th one was sort of meh i think
The two first movies being about umbrella trying to contain the virus, while the 6th being 'h-heh, we wanted to destroy the human race all along!'
maybe i missed something

You didn't miss shit. The 6th movie tried to have cool twists that just didn't work out.

And by this point Alice is a Super Saiyan God or some shit and there's practically no point watching it if you don't have a special need to see Mila get her tits out again.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

Why the fuck did they have to ruin the movies by removing and bringing back characters every other movie

That shit was the most irritating thing about the entire franchise

some of the worst fight scene editing in history, what the actual fuck where they thinking.

youtu.be/JsgbkuMnm6U

Contracts. I read somewhere that the only character they could consistently count on was Mila because she'd signed up for as many movies as they wanted.

The other characters were MENT to be small tributes to the games and then never to be seen again so that the director could keep showing off his donutsteel.

By the way is there even a nanofraction of this board that don't believe Mila fucker her way to this role? The girl's got such a casual approach to nudity it's not even funny.

The last one is an abomination.

Just pretend humanity died at the end of 5.

I would fuck Jill.

That last one was bad

>let's kill off all these characters off screen

I really wish they never brought in the game characters and just paid homeage to it through this and that. They could have done with maybe just Wesker but made everyone else OCs

not just that, but the ending makes no sense and the action scenes suck because you can't tell what the fuck is going on

Worst of all, a stuntman died in the creation of this garbage.

Lewd.

>The girl's got such a casual approach to nudity it's not even funny.
Its almost like she was a model.

Oh wait

>Worst of all, a stuntman died in the creation of this garbage.

As if you really care about that stuntman and it isn't just a cute little addendum for why you hate the movie. You're scum man.

what tits?

Most models aren't willing to show full-frontal nudity in a major motion picture user.

>F
>L
>A
>T

Milla's so based that she actually tells you in the DVD commentary where to pause to make sure you can see her vag

>devil digits

You won't corrupt my soul with your debauchery today Satan.

RE: Apocalypse is so much fun holy shit.

>dub-trips
Huh. Kek approves.

RE films are top tier trashy background movies and Alice is one of the few stronk leads that doesn't pull some kind of YAS QUEEN card.

not gonna lie that's pretty based

I love these films so goddamn much.
Each one is brilliant and retarded in such unique ways.
The way the final film just pisses over all the continuity of the series is hilarious to me.

This. You have to approach this garbage with the right mindset. If you embrace the hilarity it actually comes full circle back to being kinda' good.

It lost the magic when they killed Oded Fehr and Mike Epps.

wtf I need to see that now

I can't decide what is the part that best represents the series.
It's definitely between Rodriguez's character getting x-ray punching in 5 or the percentage of success scene in 6.

I seriously got a kick out of how Alice's final battle with Jorah plays out just like RDJ's fight with Moriarty in A Game of Shadows

Every single scene with Nemesis was pure kino. Such a cool villain.

The two Sherlock movies are similar to RE movies in that I don't think they're anything great, but I enjoy watching them. That fight scene was especially fun. Moriarty's face when he's falling in slow motion is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4

>S
>T
>A
>R
>S

The entire second movie actually had quite a lot of really well-filmed scenes.

Umbrella is so insane and eccentric I could see this working as a black comedy workplace sitcom.

>it's a "scientists throw darts at a wall to decide what to combine t-virus with next" episode
>it's a "Wesker kills HR after receiving his performance review" episode
>it's a "tyrant escapes containment and ruins the company picnic" episode

1 and 2 were decent, 2 went a little too much into the superhero alice but it was somewhat watchable at the time, especially for mila.

the third i watched because of the setting, but that got boring. rest were fucking shit.

sad mila wont be here no more though, she was top tier in the first flick.

maybe umbrella wanted them to get bit or some shit so they could eventually gather their bodies and test them..

or, umbrella soldiers are just expandable and they have a shit load of them.

mate with a face n body like that who cares about tits.

youtube.com/watch?v=RIvQpcmqBtw

Guy getting cubified never gets old.

>mediocre face
>skelington body

3/10

you're all going to die down here

>What does Sup Forums think of the Resident Evil series?
The first 3 are decent flicks and the rest are irredeemable trash. First 2 are comfy.

>3
>anything but garbage

1 and 2 are the only acceptable ones. Everything after is filler.

>tries to save all humanity through self-sacrifice
>she's the villain
She did nothing wrong.

>murder hundreds of people, innocent civilians who were completely unarmed and had nothing to do with the virus
>nothing wrong

2 is my favorite of all the series

>Sienna Guillory underrated waifu

>60 replies
>20 posters

Sure is samefag in here.

Do you know how discussions work?

the movies were pretty shit but they made me start listening to Nightwish, so that was nice

Don't think Nightwish made a single song for even a single one of those movies. That was Manson.

Amaranth

or maybe it was just on one of the soundtrack CDs, I remember listening a lot to it anyway

go watch Phelous reviews

1 >= 2 > 5 >>> 3 >*N 4

>Someone else who thinks 5 is the best

My man

6 is okay, and has a hilarious final reveal, but the action in the second half is underwhelming due to some poorly lit shots

It was like AvP:R but worse

damn that jojovich

mike "motarvator" epps

I like resident evil, they're comfy

It's basically the fast and furious of zombie movies, the first one is by far the best with a good cast and tight plot, the the sequels are dedicated to seeing how far they can push the series in terms of action and special effects along with intermittently reviving past characters to mix things up

I never really liked this series because I played the games first and hated the ultra powerful telepathic superhuman mary sue that was the main character.

I liked 1,3(best one) & 4

The rest are whatevers.. the new one sucked.. also I liked the 2nd one b/c jill valentine is hot af

I likrd all of them except the 6th one, because it fucked up what was a solid take on the story from the games

She was trying to contain the virus, sacrifices had to be made.

her face is 8/10 and she doesn't have a meth body, chubby chaser.