Starting The Sopranos today, what am I in for? Turns out the show premiered five days before I was born, lol

Starting The Sopranos today, what am I in for? Turns out the show premiered five days before I was born, lol.

Youre in for one of the greatest shows of all time. Might not seem like it the first season but keep watching. Gets better every season imo.

>Youre in for one of the greatest shows of all time.
What other shows do you think fall under that umbrella?

S1 is the best, rat.

Breaking Bad
The Big Bang Theory
Game of Throens
Rick and Morty
the list goes on..........

*first 3 seasons

Is this a joke? Show took a turn after S3 and it's not for the better.

Dr. Who

fuck me I'm too old to be here.
Anw OP, it's a great comfy show
don't try to binge watch it, it wasn't made for that, and even if you try you'll get "bored"
Take your time, it's quite the treat

pain and emptiness when its over

Is this a joke? That shits for plebs

DON'T STOP

>A bunch of shady looking Italians talking together in public
>Nobody thinks they're up to no good

You have your father's cock in your when they made it clear they paid off cops and local officials?

>implying people were not aware of the mafia
>implying the police did not try to bust them on numerous occasions but was usually lacking evidence
>implying you watched the show because the FBI or whatever is continously present

>You have your father's cock in your when they made it clear they paid off cops and local officials?
I'm episode one.

>breaking bad
no
>rick and morty
what the fuck?
>big bang
are you retarded?

everytime the average lonely pasty retards with their trash tier opinion on shows that they watched and liked and which thus must be good

>don't try to binge watch it, it wasn't made for that, and even if you try you'll get "bored"
How should I try to watch it? An episode a week?

James Gandolf didn't quite grasp the accent in season one, other than that it's really good, I'm jealous you're experiencing it for the first time. As another user mentioned don't binge watch it.

It's bait bro

Very good first episode. Probably the best first episode I've ever seen of any show. It feels more like a film than TV.

I'm watching it right now. I'd say do 1 season a week, and take a 1 week break before starting the next one. Let what happened throughout the show stick in your mind.

I might split the seasons up to two weeks.
13 hour long episodes in one week sounds like a bit much.

I double crossed you and fell for it

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

Don't watch it with your black friends

That's probably a pretty common sight to see in New Jersey

I am black.

James Gandolfini is a god

Tony kills his nephew Chris and dies in the last episode. Pussy is a rat and dies.

Warning you now, I can't remember what season it was, but when Tony and the gang go to space the story gets a little weird

Make sure you have some cold pasta in the fridge ready to reheat.

Literally starving at 3am watching Tony eat delicious looking pasta

Soprakino!

reheating pasta is never worth it.

>tfw system's got no balls

imo mad men handles a lot of the same thematic conceits and storytelling rhythms in a more refined way.

in the sopranos, everyone except melfi is petty, selfish, and venal. moreover everyone is shown to choose this personality, over and over again.

this is neither realistic nor satisfying.

i am all for dark and bleak dramas, but not for the showrunner's shoving their commitments down our throats.

still, it's a monumental show. probably the third greatest hbo drama behind deadwood and the leftovers.

>Turns out the show premiered five days before I was born, lol.
Sorry but no underage allowed

It's not realistic that a bunch of criminals and thier wives are selfish people?

>in the sopranos, everyone except melfi is petty, selfish, and venal. moreover everyone is shown to choose this personality, over and over again.

no shit, sherlock, it was a show about murderers that would shoot you in the back over 20 bucks, and that people don't really change was literally one of the main themes of the show, it was done on purpose because it's what chase actually believes irl.

I've been wanting to start Mad Men for a long time, but randomly began Sopranos instead.

Does Sopranos make you miss pre-2007 life, Sup Forums?

>I don't know how math works

unrealistic or not, the whole point of the show is that the mobsters are no different from you and me.

of course it was done on purpose. chase believes that everyone clusters around unenlightened self-interest. (and he is wrong about that.)

regardless, the show doesn't even attempt to question or subvert this moral belief. except for melfi (who was never in doubt) and dr krakower (who is not a character but a hollow and discredited thematic vessel).

darkness is not always earned and does not always equate to moral complexity.

i feel old, i remember watching it when it came out
i thought it was going to be a comedy like analyse this

>having/being black (friends)
We are in the current year, wtf are you guise doing?

>lol

Is it normal to pass out when you have an anxiety attack? Because I don't always pass out.

>unrealistic or not, the whole point of the show is that the mobsters are no different from you and me.

I dont think that was the point at all. In fact i think the show highlights that most of these guys are very similar but also not like most people.