ITT: misunderstood films

ITT: misunderstood films

Yeah, I didn't really see him as a coward. Jesse was a loose cannon, and Bob acted in self defense in my book.

>b-but he shot him in the back!

Jesse shot Miller in the back in cold blood, I don't see you making a fuss about it.

Fight Club. Almost everyone thinks it's pro-Tyler.

The film isn't about whether he's actually a coward. He was a dumb kid who idolized Jesse and wanted to be just like him. In the end, he gets famous but not in the way he wanted.

Probably the most misunderstood film of all time.

Whats misunderstood about it? It seemed pretty straightforward to me.

it is though, he was dumb kid that idolized Jesse but when he got to know him he saw he was fucked up. By the end the fords are practically held captive in a paranoid psychopath's home and had to do something about it. The film is about Robert and how the world turned on him for killing a serial killer, the title is how everyone knew the story, and the film shows how it actually went.
most people still think of jesse as a wild hero sticking it to the man and Robert as a weird kid that cowardly killed him even after watching the film

>most people still think of jesse as a wild hero sticking it to the man and Robert as a weird kid that cowardly killed him even after watching the film
But he was shown as a complete psycho

true that most ppl think its shit, but in reality its supershit

My favorite movie

and people love psychos, at least until getting close to them. We didn't change much in 200 years

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex is the greatest casting decision of the 21st century.

Came here to post this.

It is actually a damn good movie. I still wonder how would the initial consensus would be like if the director's cut was the actual theatrical release? Would that have changed anything?

This desu. Dominik has shown his interest in making films about society TODAY, and this film, though set in the past is no different. It's about celebrity worship; people believing they 'know' someone because they read about them and follow their life. How many people talk about why they like celebrities ("They're soo _______") without actually knowing the first thing about them. Dominik chose to explore Jesse as one of the world's first celebrities.

It has its moments, but "damn good movie" is a definite exagerration.
The entire final act with Apocalypse and the Martha thing is awful and you really can't dispute that.

Was Bob into Jesse? That part where he smelt his bedsheets was sorta weird

Wasn't the original cut over 4 hours long, but then the studio panicked and cut it down to it's final length?

They added the narration too, to explain what was happening due to the potentially confusing nature of the cuts.

I'd love to see a 4+ hour director cut. The film is pretty special as it is already.

Huh. I always read it as Jesse was a father figure that Bob never had. He idolized him, he wished he would become a real part of his family, but when they actually met Jesse gave no fuck and love turned to hared. Jesse meanwhile was tired of his life and desperately looked for the way "out".

yeah jesse was looking for a way out he knew robby was gonna kill him that final moment

I mean Bob's not a coward per se, yes, but he is the one fucked in the head. Jesse was just desperate and depressed and Bob had all these dreams of infamy and love/hate feelings, which in the end he was not able to fully reconcile.

>Would that have changed anything?
I believe so.

I really hope they learn their lesson and don't cut down Justice League, but I doubt it.

He was obsessed with the man. Doesn't mean he was a fag. Not everyone has to be retconned into a dick sucker by mentally ill libshit degenerates by history revisionism like they have been doing with pretty much every historical figure in the past 15 years.

I actually thought the narration was intefrated pretty well as the prose really helped set up the scenes.

Oh sorry, I thought this thread was about boring as fuck films.

Jesus, calm the fuck down. How can you be so triggered even after Trump won?

>Rooms felt hotter when he was in them
Absolutely love that line

he was 19 man

this, there are some pretty poetic lines and it's good to get into the characters' mind, instead of just saying shit that happening