Suicide Squad

So, I might have missed this in the last few weeks since I didn't see SS until today, but was the first half the movie the one with the reshoots and re-editing by the trailer team? Because that was way better than the second half of the movie.

Yes, there were bad parts; Harley Quinn's flashback dragged on and on and on, Slipknot had a cameo but didn't get an intro (though his actor is not great so that's understandable), and the intros were a little weird with Waller narrating the entrance and exit. But overall, I thought it was an alright movie until the helicopter crash.

I know there have been people throwing up the
>Director had a great vision and version, if only we'd seen that!
>Corporate meddling ruined this with unnecessary reshoots to make everyone heroes/remake Guardians of the Galaxy
>They only had 6 months to write the script, it's not their fault
But looking at the last half of the movie I really don't understand how even the basic bones of the climax were any good. Katana gets tossed in at the last minute as just more muscle, yet she goes off into the bar for whatever reason to commisserate with the "thieves." Killer Croc seems to shrink between his Belle Reve scenes and everything after he goes into the water. That hackneyed ending with Flagg and June must've been in the original after they made such a big deal about their relationship and how that controls both of them, right?

I just feel like, based on the second half of the movie, this was never and will not ever be a good movie, even after the Director's Edition is released, if ever. And that says nothing about it's adaptation quality.

David Ayer's cut wasn't well-received. It wasn't better, it was just darker.

The first half was apparently old footage that the trailer company edited. The latter half had the most reshoots.

That's outright false. It got glowing reviews.

>yet she goes off into the bar for whatever reason to commisserate with the "thieves

were you not paying attention during the entire part where deadshot made flagg reveal to everyone what was going on in the city, and how it was the government's fault?

It didn't. It received mixed responses, which compounded with the popularity of the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer, led to AV ordering reshoots.

I remember hearing that test audiences hated how dark it was.
Honestly, the biggest cuts (if those "leaked" deleted scenes are true) were mostly Joker's abusive releationship with Harley which audenices hated from what I hear. It's fucking dumb too because if there was a subplot of Harley and Joker having an abusive relationship an it leads to her blowing him off then that would be great. Gives the Harley character a nice little conclusion.

I still think the biggest "fuck you" was Katana had A SWORD THAT STEALS SOULS and it wasn't the deux ex machina. What other point was there to include Katana?

>I remember hearing that test audiences hated how dark it was.

No, they hated how dark BvS was.

But it was. Harley used Katana's sword to cut the Enchantress' heart out.

How hard is this movie sucking Guardians of the Galaxy's dick?

It wasn't at all, until the trailer company decided to butcher it.

They weren't. In the deleted scenes Harley doesn't even find out the Joker is alive.

Don't fool yourself.

It's pretty obvious how hard they were trying to be Guardians but with bad guys.
Especially the whole ending where Diablo decides they're a family for no fucking reason.

What? So in the "original" ending we don't get that Harly/Joker happy ending? Because that scene really ruined an otherwise okay denouement.

So did they reshoot things to make things lighter, or to make things flow better? Because Moon should've died, and if that was a reshoot then Ayer's version was probably better.

>but was the first half the movie the one with the reshoots and re-editing by the trailer team?
The entire movie was reshot and re-edited. Not just one part

>Because that was way better than the second half of the movie.
I actually agree.

First act-character intro and forming of team: Great. Fantastic setting of the tone

Second act-Entering the city, first fights: Okay, starts to slow down but have some good lines, action sequences and character moments. Bar scene was quite good (even if they cut out the "what are you having" scene)

Final third-Last fight against Enchantress: Movie fucking drops like a rock. Everything just goes downhill. My friend and I laughed when Enchantress just jacked all the SS weapons after fighting them and just wondered why the fuck she didn't just do that before. It was like Fant4stic Doom levels of "I am so overpowered but am going to just not for some reason". Also way to have an ensemble movie and not show what the other members' biggest dreams were you editing hacks.

They had 66% of an okay movie and then just fucked it all up at the end.

Yeah, that was a cringe line. Should've had him use homies or something.

Considering that that's what everyone who saw the original cut says, I think it's pretty obvious what happened.

No, I heard that the scene where half his face is burned off from the trailer comes after his chopper crash. He tries to pick a fight with her and she rejects him. The prison break was a reshoot though.

Reshoots were to add more Harley scenes (the elevator fight, the prison break) and the close-up quips (like "Talk about a killer app!")

"These my peoples right here" should have been where they left it.

Then they pulled that family shit and Harley's pulling that "muh friends" bullshit and my god, they're really trying to sell the we true nakamas now crap and thinkw e're all gonna believe it

Did anyone else think Enchantress was having a seizure the entire movie? She moves and shakes for no reason other than to jiggle her boobs while standing still with both her feet stuck together like the doll she was imprisoned in and it looks really weird. Not sexy like the SJWs bitched about, but grotesque and distracting.

>No, I heard that the scene where half his face is burned off from the trailer comes after his chopper crash. He tries to pick a fight with her and she rejects him. The prison break was a reshoot though.
That doesn't make any sense. Given what we saw in the film there's no reason for them to fight at all.

>7000 year old god
>bullets dont do anything to him
>died from a breach charge

The ending where they're all thrown back in prison was really good, though. Tonally it's the most similar to the opening.

From what I've seen they actually had two entirely different cuts of the movie - one of them was quippy and made by committee, and one was Ayer's original cut. The studio wanted the quippy one so they had it cut together with Ayer's and we got what we all saw.

>That doesn't make any sense. Given what we saw in the film there's no reason for them to fight at all.
Read the dropped scenes in . The movie had Harley and Joker play out extremely differently than how it was originally cut

>Given what we saw in the film

That's the problem. See Which Enchantress? She's basically two completely different characters. Dirtwitch Enchantress moved like a Japanese horror movie ghost. Rita Repulsa Enchantress moved like a hula dancer.

>Magic zombies
>Bullets don't work on them
>Until they do
>Well, okay maybe it was just that they need to do headshots
>No, wait, now they're just shooting them regularly now

Was literally everyone except Katana and Boomerang from Batman's rogue's gallery?

El Diablo, Slipknot, and Enchantress.

Jesus, there was already way too much Harley and Joker and they wanted more?

June and Flagg were really terrible. No chemistry, nothing.

And some of those cuts make sense. I know if my parents had seen the movie with Croc throwing up and eating his vomit, they would've been disgusted by the movie and not enjoyed the rest of it.

>there was already way too much Harley and Joker
No there really wasn't. Like at all.

The Rita Repulsa one. I preferred Dirtwitch. Rita's face reminded me of a budget Emma Watson.

A good amount of those sound like they wouldn't be that bad an idea.
I mean they could've all been awful but a lot of the characters were really fucking flimsy as it was.
To be fair it was a breach charge that was supposed to kill him in the first place. Though why no one had the idea to bring some explosive weapons WITH them makes no sense.
They should've made their camaraderie believable. At no point did I ever feel like any of them were actually bonding. The closest to a bonding scene was really late in the bar and it ends on a really shitty note since Harley basically tells Diablo he's a dumbass for ever thinking he could have a nice life.
Also nobody in this movie knows how to do anything covertly but luckily nobody in this movie pays attention to shit.
Like the Prison Guard loudly and openly tells Harley that the Joker is going to break her out, in front of her armed detail. No one does anything.
They're all loudly plotting turning on their handlers, in front of their handlers. No one even tells them to shut up.
Or the best, Enchantress acts like they're hiding in the shadows. While they're yelling at eachother 10 feet away half standing behind some beams.
To be fair they were the most fleshed out characters in the film. They had a subplot devoted to Joker breaking her out.

I think everybody preferred Dirtwitch

There were too many Harley and Joker flashbacks, not enough scenes that actually took place in the present.

They're fake, bro.

It's funny, I hated Dirtwitch when she first came out.
But Plain Jane and her Clean form were so awful that I came to like Swamphag form.
Also her voice was so awful.

Her voice was terrible too.
>I won't bite.

this.

She was best girl. She was creepy and otherworldly in the best way.

>They're fake, bro.
At least half that shit is from the trailers alone.

And certainly the Joker backhanding Harley which we saw multiple production pics of leads to believe the parts about their relationship being portrayed properly was legit

It was still pretty obvious their relationship was abusive, wasn't it? Or was that too subtle?

They're mostly fake. It's just extrapolating based on trailers what scenes "might" be missing and how they'd play out. Also, the image suggest that Moon surviving and getting together with Flagg was always part of the plot, which, if true, means this movie was shit from the get-go.

I think that was still a thing because it was revealed pretty early by people that saw some test/preview screenings

Was the trailer company responsible for the song choices in the first half too? Because while the choices were good, I felt like they were just there to cover up for a lack of jokes and light-hearted dialogue in the movie itself.

>>It was still pretty obvious their relationship was abusive, wasn't it?
I was quite sure they removed anything that could have indicated it was truly abusive in favor of that "dark boyfriend" shit that's popular with the ladies

Dark boyfriend? What, like that guy in 50 Shades? I'm pretty sure selling your whore to a gangbanger and shocking her brains out with enough electricity to jumpstart her heart is abusive, not to mention the disregard when he drove the car into the most polluted river in DCUSA.

>Also, the image suggest that Moon surviving and getting together with Flagg was always part of the plot, which, if true, means this movie was shit from the get-go.

>If anything positive happens it's shit!

Are you one of the people who get angry about the fact that Joker is able to look at Harley without smashing her teeth in?

Do you have some sort of mental illness? Is this some deep-seated hatred for women?

>Especially the whole ending where Diablo decides they're a family for no fucking reason.
Suicide Squad being a dysfunctional family unit is a pretty big part of the Comics.

Though admittedly, that's a Sentiment of Waller's and it's almost entirely aimed at the ground crew not the guys who get fielded.

There were only three music cuts that worked- Harley's "You can't change me" theme, House of the Rising Sun for Belle Reve, and the opening of Bohemian Rhapsody at the beginning.

People are saying Joker appears face half-burnt to Harley in the subway, but that's wrong. When he appears on the subway, he only Interacts with Deadshot.

Flag does as well but that's more because he starts going nuts with the
>MUH DAD
stuff

Those scenes are false, bro.

Except we know for a fact the slap isn't because we have the behind the scenes footage

Pre-chemical road slap

Joker angry at Harley on the chopper

Only the slap and Croc getting nauseous are real. The rest is pure fabrication.

The movie sets it up like Flagg is caught between a rock and a hard place, between saving the world and killing the woman he loves.

The actress, or maybe the character, was so boring and bland I really didn't care for her.

Having her die at the climax, as Flagg is forced to sacrifice his innocence and naivete to get the mission done and realize he's become what Waller wanted him to become, would be a great way to send the actress and the character off, especially since without Enchantress she's useless.

>Guess Who's Back
That one really worked, I thought. Besides those four, what else was there other than the In the Sky during the helicopter ride and the ending one?

That's back when she's still a doctor and sane. But would definitely foreshadow abuse.

Looks like a bad composite.

Black Skinhead for Floyd shooting
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap for Boomer
Fortunate Son for Croc
Whatever played when Harley took the chemical dip

Its right before the chemical dip, they're wearing the same clothes. She's already had the electroshock therapy. The chemical dip just sent her over the edge

What if Enchantress's powers stayed in her body

>Comics
Okay? And? The Movie still has to make that family aspect earned.

Then that'd be a cop-out origin story.