Hundreds of thousands of gods have come and gone since the birth of mankind

Hundreds of thousands of gods have come and gone since the birth of mankind.

Why are you so arrogant as to assume that you've chosen the right one?

Could you not consider that gods are fictional beings created to mitigate the fear of the unknown?

>b-b-but muh bible...

No matter the choice you make, you always discard other choices that you could consider that might be right.

I haven't assumed I have chosen the "right" one. I'm just worshipping this one because the ideals behind him work rather well. If this is the "true God", then good for me. If not, I doubt he'd be upset over the mishap. If he is upset, why would I give a shit? I have no way of telling which way is right.

With that mentality why would you worship anything and not just develop your own morals?

Afterall the 'true' creator wont care anyway right?

Monotheism is more about "what" makes God a God rather than "who."

>that edgy atheist who thinks mentioning polytheism is a good argument against theism

Mostly for flattery's sake. May as well attempt a good impression. A god that's angry with me for worshipping him in a wrong way will be angry for not worshipping at all. Even if it's a slim chance, it's better than just not trying at all. Technically I follow my own morals, it's just that most of them are also in line with my faith. Not always, though.

Pretty much this, if you can't see that the Abrahamic conception(s) of god is/are completely different than any polytheist religion's conceptions then you're...... I can't think of a good adjective but you get the point

There was one who died, was buried, and was resurrected from the dead.

His existence, his message, and the news of his resurrection radically changed the world.

Christ Jesus is the Son of God.

It is not an assumption, it is not a belief, it is a fact.

This user gets it

>And you thought the 6 gorillion was the beginning.

Fuck off kike

Kys, come back and tell us.

Because he is also the one that people in the civilized world follows. What kind of stupid question is this?

>There was one who died, was buried, and was resurrected from the dead.
lol think again faggot. There have been at least a dozen.

Which one do 1 billion people in the world follow?

#teamyahweh

Nobody likes bench warmers.

There was like half a dozen supposed prophets and sons of god who were buried and ressurected.
Even in certain christian scripture it says that not only Jesus, but all the people buried at that site was ressurected and walked around town.

Seems like ressurection is somethng common in ancient illiterate desert villages

>Hundreds of thousands of gods have come and gone since the birth of mankind.

No they haven't. Not nearly that many

Uneducated twat.

All of those guys are recorded in the Gospels, having been raised by God while Christ walked the earth.

The gods that I follow, archetypal figures, representations of fundamental forces and qualities of the universe, divine powers that inspire mankind through virtuous example and exposure of their own faults, worked for my ancestors for a very, very long time through travails countless. Am I arrogant?