I want his life. I want a job I love and am knowledgeable about. I want my own house that I can take perfect care of...

I want his life. I want a job I love and am knowledgeable about. I want my own house that I can take perfect care of, I want a lawn that I'm more proud of than my son. I want 4 friends that will drink with me in the alley. I always thought the American dream was becoming Hollywood moviestar and ignored King of the Hill because it looked like Tory party trash but the American version.

Hank Hills life is the true American Dream.

i agree. peggy is also hot. maybe a little frumpy, but still hot. bobby aint right, but he still has lots of friends and even a girlfriend, so he's not so bad.

hank has a good life.

>wanting to be Hank and live a boring ass life
>not wanting to be Dale and going on constant adventures while being completely oblivious to everything around you

I just watched the first episode but I can't understand the appeal of this cartoon, why it ran for so long and why it is so famous and liked, can you anons explain it to me ?

This
>Have a badass, footballin, bullriding, bitch girlfriend stealing Apache son
>Smoking hot ass wife

Dale got it good

>tfw when the dream of suburban bliss becomes less and less possible as time races on

I hope Trump don't fuck it up

It's comfy.

> why are Americans different than me

>I want his life. I want a job where I'm undervalued and underpayed while the boss does no work. I want my own house whose value will plummet in the depression leaving me financially insolvent, I want a son who's slow and weak and unpopular. I want 4 friends who have the same shit life I do so have nothing better to do than drink weak beer with me in the alley.
God why?

>tfw the possibility of me living in the suburbs grows farther and farther every year and 'progressive' movement and the realization of me living in a gross ghetto with black people nears

>being literal cucks
At the very least impregnate your wife with your own son.

>implying you're a cuck when aliens impregnated your wife

He doesn't ever want to leave Arlen and sees his house as a home and not an investment, he loves his job and is payed well enough relative to the area, his son has friends and is odd but amicable enough and despite his objections he probably gets off on dragging his buddies out of their wrecks.

What do you propose, being quirky in a dump of a city and becoming the creepy old guy at the club in ten years time?

lemme quote a post I found on 420chan's site policy board a while back

King of the Hill was a sitcom that ran for 10 years, and unlike every other animated sitcom that ran during its airing (which I think will go down as the golden age of the animated sitcom) didn't attach itself to the status quo and allowed for character growth. Many of the characters are unlikable, or have unlikable traits, sure, but you get to see all the facets of their character over time and learn to look past their flaws.

Hank starts off as a one note stereotype of a tight ass middle aged white American man, and in every episode you learn a little more about what makes him tick, until by the end he's closer to a real human being, you understand why he's the person he is which isn't even the same person he was at the start of the series.

Sitcoms might not be your jam, that's totally OK, but King of the Hill is a very well crafted one.

I just wanna throw one more example of this gradual growth in there, Dale's relationship with his wife (and her relationship with John Redcorn) starts off as a throwaway joke, and in another show like Family Guy it would have probably stayed like that, have one scene every three episodes with John Redcorn climbing out the window and a laugh track goes to tell the audience "uh oh Dale's getting stallioned again, how zany" but instead you get to see how complicated the situation really is, you get to see Nancy and John's relationship evolve and eventually end, you get to see Nancy trying to cope with the end of a long term relationship with a man she isn't married to, you get to see Dale's oblivious friendship with John and the changing dynamics of Dale and Joseph's father-son relationship as Joseph goes through puberty.

This is at least why I think King of the Hill is a good show, and why it continues to have so much traction, similar to great sitcoms of the past like MASH, Cheers and Frasier that entered the general cultural milieu.

Hey his son loves him and he loves him back. Why does it matter if he's slow, weak and unpopular? Bobby is probably going to be happy with his life later, and for most parents that's all they want for their children.

Bobby was actually pretty popular in school wasn't he? Sort of like Dale was when they were in highschool.

He's a self confident kid and even if he's quirky that earns respect.

>payed

gfdi

>alley

It's literally the street in front of his house. The only street adjacent to his house. They are not between buildings.

They drink on the sidewalk.

I guess alley sounds cooler though.

>Bobby
>unpopular

u retarded m8 they constantly drink in the alley

No, in suburbs there is often an alley that goes between two streets for easier parking. They drink at the alley between Rainy street and whatever street it is Bill lives on.

Sounds great, thanks user !