Thoughts on this book?

I know a lot of people that have read this and my mom wants me to read it to. Is it red pilled? Thoughts on the book.

Other urls found in this thread:

np.reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/2cfhon/guns_germs_and_steel_chapter_11_lethal_gift_of/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell your mom to fuck off

Good book, have heard from many sources that the China parts are a little off. Overall it's a great book, probably one of my favorite to lend out to folks.

No it's not red pilled at all. It's written by a Jew and basically excuses western civilization's advancement by apologizing with complete bull shit circumstances the rest of the world had to endure.

Yea just read FPBP, seems like excuses to pretend euros and some Mongols aren't infinitely superior to niggers sandniggers and spics.

Thx m8

It takes a result (White people are superior because chance) and then creates elaborate scenarios to justify it

It would be like me writing a book about why I'm fat, then blaming it on the patterns of the moon instead of all the energy drinks and chinese food

read it and find out

I don't personally like it. If I recall he makes a billion excuses for Africans (couldn't domesticate the zebra or elephant or grow crops) and tends to blame Europeans for their success. It completely removes humanity from history and assigns groups of people into these thoughtless blobs that can't make decisions. Native Americans are a victim blob. Europeans are a conqueror blob. There is no alternative, there are no big names. He's a determinist and it plagues this book like crazy. He acts as if it was guaranteed that Europeans would become ebil gun-toting world-takers, when the reality is that Europe got extremely lucky and its runaway success is based on contingencies involving their (justified) exploitation of the New World and the location of coal mines. Assuming that Europe was guaranteed success really, really takes away from the glory of its ascension.

Diamond as a writer is also notorious for cherrypicking. He's a good writer, so he hides the cherrypicking in these neat little chapters that wrap up rather well. But if you know anything about anything going into this book, you'll know how fucking retarded he is.

It's completely wrong. The author just makes up shit as he goes along.

this thread again???

why Lord?

It's a pile of horseshit. Like all liberals, he started with the conclusion and then tried to justify it.

Because people keep saying it's the best history book ever written when it's fucking awful.

I've read dry, never-ending histories of Prussia that blow the fuck out of this nonsense.

I hated this book. I read this in fucking 10th grade as part of my Advance Placement program (fuck those niggers btw).

They essentially sum it all down that whites fucked everything up. Maybe I knew I wasn't a liberal back then but I couldn't figure out why.

Fuck off leaf

Fundamentally flawed and overly repetitive, but about the first half of the book didn't suck. I eventually gave up 3/4 in.

Just watch the documentary, its on jewtube.

Its good, dont listen to these faggots who disagree with it because it proves their racism and elitism wrong.

Had to read the book for a history class in college, its boring, but accurate. Anyone who disagrees with it and only has memes to show is delusional and in denial.

T. Anthropology major

>inb4 mexican intellectual, studied in the states.

debunked and really not taken seriously anymore. Read Ian Morris's work instead.

>Anthropology major
>Non-cucked experts in anthropology are the ones who had the biggest problem with the book
>Implying Anthropologists arent the biggest sub-human apologists on the planet

I took Anthropology, all it was was "every culture matters, even this culture of pygmies who have the men breastfeed! Even Rastas who are pariahs for good reason! Muh Hmong! White people don't deserve their success!"

You weren't educated in the states, you were brainwashed.

>Anthropology
>Literally mengele

>No significant cultural exchange took place between these regions until the 15 century
Discarded

>Muh silk road

Do you directly talk to the chink that made your phone?

>Muh environment
>Muh untamable zebras
Literally no excuse for how shitty abos and africans are today.

Read it, but read it along with A Troublesome Inheritance and 10,000 Year Explosion. Maybe some others?

This has been decimated on Reddit of all places:
np.reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/2cfhon/guns_germs_and_steel_chapter_11_lethal_gift_of/

The spread of the Indo-European language family alone is enough to prove there have been large cultural exchanges going on throughout Eurasia for a long time

That's why Chinese is completely unrelated to English right?

Europe wasn't isolated enough from central asia to not start using the language of people who came from there. Also, that pasta's first point makes no mention of India, a place in which major exchanges happened with both Europe and China at least as far back as the Classical Era

>Major exchanges

Opium is not a major cultural exchange

>Anthropology major

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Clovis First! Am I Right, or Am I Right, or Am I Right?

>Europe wasn't isolated enough from central asia

Yeah. And that huge fucking ocean between Africa and the Fertile Crescent fucked them over royally.

it's bullshit

In a field one summer’s day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart’s content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil an ear of corn he was taking to the nest.
“Why not come and chat with me,” said the Grasshopper, “instead of toiling and moiling in that way?” “I am helping to lay up food for the winter,” said the Ant, “and recommend you to do the same.”
“Why bother about winter?” said the Grasshopper; “we have got plenty of food at present.”
But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil. When the winter came the Grasshopper had no food, and found itself dying of hunger, while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer.

Then the Grasshopper yelled: “That Raciss!!”

It explains everything through geographic determinism. It's pretty shallow imo

Read this instead. Rebuttal to GGS theory.

GGS is the bible of HBD denialists. I always see shitlibs pushing it.

How dose the author explain the success of the Japanese?

They live in a resource scarce island with little arable land and have found great economic success while Africans in resource rich countries with shit tons of arable land are failures. How is this possible?

I have it on Audio book and it is good OP. Sure some aspects are a little bit far reaching, but there is good knowledge contained in there and it is fascinating to learn of the different environmental and geographical features resulting in varied lifestyles.

>while Africans in resource rich countries with shit tons of arable land are failures

Liberals excuse Africans for all failures.

They will claim, to their last breath, that Africa is a barren wasteland devoid of all resources and with no arable land.

After all, that's why there are 1.3 BILLION niggers living there now.