TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN...

TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN you can almost see if from here TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN TIK TIK TIK TIK DUN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

...Home
30 mins later
...Home
30 mins later
...Home
Credits roll
...Home

bravo nolan

>going to see nolan over the age of 18

Nolan's been over 18 for 28 years now.

Don't really remember any ticking when I saw the movie yesterday, although HOME was mention a few times.

Defend this film all you want, you're free to have bad taste.

However, anyone who defends the soundtrack needs to take a long walk off a short pier, a pier where hundreds of soldiers have inexplicably decided to huddle together for hours while under constant threat of getting bombed.

it's just a con job the entire fucking film.

Soundtrack is good.

does nolan understand the concept of tension and release? you can't have tension and no appropriate release for an hour and 40 minutes. it's mentally exhausting

It's as if he is portraying war. Whooaaaa

it is a constant mess of whirling strings and suspense percussion

It wasn't G R E A T but it was enjoyable. Photography was awesome. And the pretty boys were a plus.

but there was no constant tension. This is an illusion the soundtrack employs. Take for example the opening fifteen minutes where a guy is literally walking around on a beach looking for a place to shit, the strings are whirling the entire time. You've been duped by noises

that was the entire point you subhuman low 60s IQ ape.

>there is no constant tension

Hmmm maybe the fact that they are surrounded and have to get off the beach

hence this thread, criticising the soundtrack for pointlessly stirring tension

IT'S NOT GOOD THEN YOU RETARD. it doesn't matter if something is the point or not. it's objectively bad movie wise. it's like listening to a techno set where the guy does nothing but build up for 2 hours.

Nolan finally made a good movie

That's what I like though. I like intense soundtracks like that

You can though

Did Nolan make films as a teenager? I figured his career didn't start til he was AT LEAST 19.

That end shot of Hardy with the fire was amazing.

>can't have tension and no appropriate release
>mentally exhausting

almost... almost like... almost as if... almost as if it was mentally exhausting to be a surrounded soldier stranded on Dunkirk beach?!?
No - this couldn't have been intentional.

>it's objectively bad movie wise
But it worked in Dunkirk. Why are you dead set on sticking to such a narrow conception of how a film should be structured?

the tensness of the situation was never capitalized upon. Sure the threat of a nearby army was there, but the bombing runs had no gore (a guy got blown up and did a sommersault lmao) and our hero seemed to get his clothes wet then swim away a few times. Nothing was really horrific to back up the "tensness" you speak of. Dead bodies literally everywhere yet none of them bloody or dismembered. Apparently all war does in this universe is drown people sometimes

but with little variation, that gets irritating

Why do you need gore? Does gore increase tension? Are you so dull that you can't conceptualise the idea of impending death without dismemberment and blood?

youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU

>ACTUAL Dunkirk kino

There are competent ways to critique a film user but this is not one of them

I bet Hacksaw Ridge is your favorite war movie

Eh, the OST on youtube has enough variation that it's alright for me

>Black brits
>CGI

yea nah

>hey this film had no real characters to latch onto besides the father on the boat, so the drama wasnt there, and at the same time, its not much of an action film because the action isnt particularly good or choreographed. its mostly just people swimming and a plane shooting another plane in unexciting dogfighting sequences, so this film isnt a particularly good action movie either, what are we left with?
>YOU PLEB ITS GOOD BECAUSE IT DEFIES CONVENTIONS

getting real tired of this. defying conventions does not automatically make something good.

>He thinks gore adds tension

>No CGI
>Dunkirk only involved 2 spitgfires and a handful of German planes despite the Luftwaffe's insane focussed bombing of Dunkirk
>The Navy only had 3 destroyers

yea nah

>He doesn't know that the Navy only sent one or two on a few days because everything was getting sunk

Not a Nolan fag. I actually strongly dislike Interstellar and Inception, indifferent to the batman movies, and even I have to admit Dunkirk was a legitimately great war movie. The soundtrack was repetitive at times and some of Kenneth Brannaghs dialogue was a bit hammy but overall it was extremely well made and tense the whole way through. Nolan has finally made something worthy of reputation.

Watch The Wages of Fear and report back. If you don't understand the point of Dunkirk even after that, then my american friend, you are an actual brainlet.

It wasn't an insane focus, the majority of material was directed to Paris

if your war movie is praised for being gritty and realistic, yet men do flips when they are supposed to be blown to pieces, yes id say this detracts from your film. War is horrific and if the only horror i see is drowning, how can you expect me to see your situation as tense as it could be?
havnt seen it
i have plenty of other complaints about this movie but this is one of them and a valid complaint. You cant dickride this movie as being gritty and realistic, then show thousands of dead bodies not a single one bloody or dismemebered, and have men do flips when they get bombed. Its fucking laughable. war movies are done no favors by being pg-13

tension with no release is never good.

i dont need to watch that to understand its a dull patriot piece. its literally your American Sniper. A forgettable film that is made for the sole intention of jerking off about one's country. The shame though is that you can do this AND make a good movie too y'know

>39 destroyers sent to Dunkirk
>Admiral withdrew 8 of the best Destroyers for future use
>The Navy actually only sent out 2 Destroyers because they were getting sunk though!

hmmm

The release was at the end of the movie

Yous act like this was some three hour epic it was 70 minutes of building tension hardly that long in the grand scheme of things

Is your attention span that short?

I think there were overall five seconds of silence in the entire "film"(yes i actually counted)
even for a hack as talentless as nolan this was a new low

Do you actually expect the film to show the arrival and departure of every ship from the beach?

>I'll be useful Sir
>gets twatted in the head by a shellshocked soldier
>die
>George, 17, dies a Hero at Dunkirk

BRAVO NOLAN

George you useless cunt

>George wanted to go and help
>Gets killed by someone he was trying to help
>useless

BRAVO Sup Forums

>H E R O O F D U N K I R K

>Dunkirk praised for being gritty
Who said that, ever? No really, link me a single video/article/review of even just a post that says that Dunkirk is "gritty".
Also it's almost not even a war movie, it's about transporting a fuckload of people from point A to point B under heavy danger of being completely BTFO by Stukas and torpedoes, Nolan acknowledges this himself.

I swear, you ameritards can't even fathom the idea of a film set in the ww2 being anything other than the usual WE THE BEST LET'S KILL ALL THE EBIL NAZIS SO HEROIC SO PATRIOTIC SO VICTORIOUS american shootout flick.

>strained "serious" scene where Cillian doesnt want to go back to the battlefield
>pushes Geohg
>Geohg is incapacitated
>somehow goes blind
>somehow dies from just falling on the floor
>there is no natural finalization of this entire subplot
BRAVISSIMA, BELISSIMA NOLAN

>hitting your head on a metal pipe won't kill you

lol you're shit

People can die from head injuries inflicted from small falls, and concussions can absolutely make you blind, user. It's blind luck.
I thought it was implied that his brother embellished his story to get him in the papers. Remember how he was saying he always wanted to be in the papers?

>inexplicably decided to huddle together for hours
read a book nigger

Quite a few triggered frogs in the thread that weren't allowed onto the boats

>there is no natural finalization of this entire subplot
What about Rylance's son on the boat coming to understand what stoicism is after being angry at Cillian and then saying to him that "the boy is alright" just to spare the already mentally fucked up Cillian of more lifetime mental baggage?

Also the fact fisherman's son died 3 weeks into the war, its why he's so eager to do his 'job' and not turn back

>putting this in a movie
Nolan does it again!

>>putting this in a movie
What?

no i just expect more than1 decent story and 2 detatched stories, one about mucking around on a beach and the other about horribly choreographed dogfights

HE'S ON ME

I'M ON HIM

that's actually what happened, dumbass

use a legitimate critique

*doesnt lead target despite being a royal airforce pilot*

the whole sotuation is nonseical to begin with. Hitler could have literally stormed the beach and wiped all of them out. Laughable when dunkirk is seen as a miracle rescue operation when in reality hitler fucking spared them for some reason

if you don't understand how slamming your head on a metal pipe can't kill you, I hope you live in a padded room so you can't hurt yourself

>tfw watching Dunkirk in the kinoplex
>20ish year old guy comes in with his elderly parents and sits next to me
>rapidly becomes apparent he has autism or some other problem
>watching the film
>Eating his tiny box of popcorn extremely slowly and loudly
>Opening scene as matey runs through the streets getting shot at
>CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH
>George dies
>HE'S DEAD!
>Bane's plane runs out of fuel
>NO FUEL!
>Bane manages to shoot down the final plane even though he has no fuel
>HOW HE HAS NO FUEL?
>brits arrive, start boarding the train
>THEY'RE HOME

I think he liked it

>burger user makes one retarded ass "argument" as a post
>gets immediately completely BTFO
>"n-no I didn't say that actually, it's just bad"

Just stop posting user, it's pretty embarassing.

>muh plot
The mark of a true pleb

Is this the first film in Sup Forums history that isn't either universally hated (99% of them) or universally loved (1%)?

There's an actual contrast of opinions that isn't an endless circlejerk with 20 replies to the one guy who thinks differently

Oh look, it's the Nolan movie where Zimmer uses Shepard tones, again.

Nolan and Zimmer are hacks.

>Havn't seen Dunkirk
>Listening to Submarine from the soundtrack over and over until I get to see the film

Is it great ?

yes
but the seriousness of his injuries is never properly shown for his blindness and his eventual death to feel organic and more importantly to leave a mark on the viewers

Who cares what anyone says to you, I might say it's absolute shit or the best film of the decade.
See it and decide for yourself you opinion leeching faggot.

>the seriousness of his injuries is never properly shown
I thought that was conveyed fairly sufficiently when he turned blind desu

>the designated shitting beach

>Home

Walked out the theatre at that exact moment

>Tom Hardy gets captured by Germans
>Directed and written by Christopher Nolan

that was the last straw for me, I was straight out of my seat and into the street.

I'm just asking a question about people's response to the film, I'm seeing it regardless. I'm just hyped, that's all, user.

Is there something you want to talk about?

why do i laugh so much at stupid shit like this, that probably didn't happen?

It was really great, I urge you to leave all Dunkirk threads and go in knowing as little as possible (historical knowledge could come in handy if you are not familiar with the event though)

>when the score begins to sound more and more like the sound of an incoming German plane

B R A V O

do yourself a favor and dont write replies like this anymore, newfag

>I got 400,000 men on this beach
>Zoom out
>It's like 4,000 max

>it's mentally exhausting

That's what he was going for.

>This is an illusion the soundtrack employs.

Film is illusion.

>tfw watching Dunkirk
>Got my crab legs, and my girl
>Assigned seating, right in the center, six rows in front of designated shooter
>Somehow we got seated next to some neck-bearded man child wearing flip flops
>Constantly adding some stupid retort or witty line to the trailer happenings
>Thinking he'd better not pull this shit during the movie
>How the fuck did he get past security anyway, with a no singles policy
>Movie starts, he's still snorting during the opening scenes, and pulling in his smuggled contraband candy bar out of his fat folds
>That's it, I've had enough
>Report his fat ass to Vin Diesel
>Diesel drags him to the popcorn mines for hard labor until his debt is paid
>Designated shooter unloads into the audience from behind me, kills my girl
>Everyone claps
>Still got my crab legs
>Movie was okay
Picture related

polish my balls you cock knocker

*tips swatiska*

thats literally the definition of minimalist music you fucking retard, it served its purpose and worked

you don't have to like the music genre to appreciate its role

Anyone else notice the sound of the waves hitting the mole near the start? I got fucking chills from that alone! Sounded like bombs going off. Boland attention to detail is second to none

spectacular

Tunak Tunak Tun
Tunak Tunak Tun
Tunak Tunak Tun
Da Da Da

>the first stuka attack where the main character dives for the ground, and bombs going off in a line behind the MC, getting closer and closer

>Awkward cut afterwards with minimal damage in different spot that doesn't make sense
bravo nolan

>the action isnt particularly good or choreographed. its mostly just people swimming and a plane shooting another plane in unexciting dogfighting sequences

says you

But he did. Hitler was a romantic fanatic, he considered the British to be "Germanic" and fellow "Aryans". He though after such a blunder the British would consider a peace treaty.

you mean you didn't feel release when the boat buys rescued the pilot from the cockpit he was about to drown in?

Especially when it rose.

CRASHING THIS PLANE