4. CIVIL WAR II #3 (MAR) - 176,876

> 4. CIVIL WAR II #3 (MAR) - 176,876
> 7. CIVIL WAR II #4 (MAR) - 126,865

Is Bendis going to be all right bros? I'm kind of worried.

hell be fine

he'll be okay

>worried for the only guy with top ten books in all Marvel
You gotta be shitting me

Civil War II could be the greatest flop Marvel has ever produced

It could be slammed critically and by fans, shat on by every person who has even glanced at a comic book

Bendis would still be fine.

Is it any good? I'm doubtful, but you never know.

The only guy with books in the top TWENTY

Fuck no.

It's really, really stupid. At least CWI had some good character moments hidden in the crap, this is just... just bad.

No.

What's wrong with it?

Everything.

Take everything that was wrong with Civil War 1. Add Bendis speak onto it.

You're worried about Bendis?

It's not bad, it's okay. Sup Forums is spergs though so

126k is pretty standard for a big event though

It's not that number is too low, it's #3 got inflated too much by the TOTALLY SHOCKING death

>Civil War II 0 177,283
>Civil War II 1 381,737
>Civil War II 2 148,403

Civil War 2 has the most artificial conflict possible. The only reason Iron-Man is "right" is that Bendis is making Carol's side act terribly. Even the reveal about Ulysses' ability doesn't make using it wrong. What's so bad about Ulysses being able to make educated predictions about future threats? But of course Carol suddenly (very suddenly, she was actually using Ulysses' power sensibly before the newest issue) went full fascist because Stark needed some degree of moral justification to his butthurt. What the fuck is so bad about using educated predictions to prevent disasters? If Carol didn't unfairly jail that woman on the latest issue she wouldn't have done anything wrong.

The writing is on the same level of Sup Forums shitposting

There is absolutely no reason for either of the main characters to take such an extreme stance when the middle ground is so fantastic for everyone.

Characters who said they weren't going to get involved got involved for no apparent reason

Some plot elements make no sense whatsoever - in one part Ms Marvel stops a guy who had hijacked a tank that was going to explode (foreseen by Ulysses). Someone tells her this was wrong, because she couldn't have known it was going to explode. The fact this guy stole a fucking tank is apparently entirely irrelevant.

Some things are just badly done when they could easily have been written better - She-Hulk being downed to a missile to the tits was laughable, even if Bendis tried to explain it away out-of-comic

tl;dr - It suffers the same problems that a lot of Marvel events and Bendis comics have. Not every part of it is bad; some of the art is on point and the Cho comic is pretty gud.

Missile to the tits was when I knew exactly how this event would go down.

>editorial/bendis wants this character to job
>they job unbelievably hard
>on to the next scene

Especially since Thanos, who could take down She-Hulk, is literally standing right fucking there.

>b-but it's a free comic book day book
>the real event will be better
>n-no way it'll all be this bad

I remember the thread where scanbro leaked it. Glorious.

Unlike CWI the conflict began very soon , and escalated even more as it went on.

In this one , they just talked half of the event ( in varying grades of bendispeak), and the half that is left is apparently just right.

Unlike many people here that like to shit on it , I dont hate it , but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.Its just an "boring" average Marvel event , like almost every one of these they put out these days.

What were they even supposed to do? Let Thanos get the Cosmic Cube? I don't get it. Their only mistake was bring jobbers like War Machine to a fight with fucking Thanos when the Ultimates and A-Force have so many big hitters.

>Sup Forums creates CWII bingo
>Two whole lines are filled
>Some Sup Forumsmrade says that he will send it to Bendis for shits and giggles.
>Bendis makes a tweet asking why Sup Forums is still around because they're terrible.
>Days later CWII is delayed, extended by one issue, and announced to have a new ending.

COINCIDENCE???

>What were they even supposed to do
No let Bendis writes an even would be nice, also dont bring CW2 discussion here, nobody cares

>126k is pretty standard for a big event though
>It's not that number is too low, it's #3 got inflated too much by the TOTALLY SHOCKING death
>Civil War II 0 177,283
>Civil War II 1 381,737
>Civil War II 2 148,403

Secret Wars 1 527,678
Secret Wars 2 210,807
Secret Wars 3 218,136
Secret Wars 4 221,041

Bendis has to change the "Straight while male is bad. Minority is good." to prevent another bingo.

secret wars was an anomaly

It's one of the most awful events I've read in the past 5 years, and I read from both companies.

They're just now trying to retcon the shit writing from earlier to have some of the stupid parts make more sense.

03/12 AvX #0 of 12 - 165,821
04/12 AvX #1 of 12 - 258,586 (+55.9%)
04/12 AvX #2 of 12 - 193,162 (-25.3%)
05/12 AvX #3 of 12 - 184,126 ( -4.7%)
05/12 AvX #4 of 12 - 182,255 ( -1.0%)
06/12 AvX #5 of 12 - 190,705 ( +4.6%)
06/12 AvX #6 of 12 - 186,555 ( -2.2%)
07/12 AvX #7 of 12 - 179,208 ( -3.9%)
07/12 AvX #8 of 12 - 174,910 ( -2.4%)
08/12 AvX #9 of 12 - 174,346 ( -0.3%)
08/12 AvX #10 of 12 - 169,529 ( -2.8%)
09/12 AvX #11 of 12 - 167,327 ( -1.3%)
10/12 AvX #12 of 12 - 171,452 ( +2.5%)

It's the classic marvel event were we are halfway done and it literally started the conflict at the end of the last issue.

We could have ended issue one with the big surprise death and barely made any changes beyond condensing a few things

>Bendis makes a tweet asking why Sup Forums is still around because they're terrible.
I'm not going to defend Bendis, but you got your facts wrong. He made that tweet three years ago.

I still agree with your assessment though.

Someone mind showin' me that bingo? I'm curious.

Maybe try not being retarded for once in your goddamn life

He'll be OK as long ass Marvel doesn't get new management because he will lose his favoritism.

see It isn't super well made

Secret Invasion #1 of 8 - 272,195
Secret Invasion #2 of 8 - 197,685
Secret Invasion #3 of 8 - 186,533
Secret Invasion #4 of 8 - 175,469
Secret Invasion #5 of 8 - 165,958
Secret Invasion #6 of 8 - 169,440
Secret Invasion #7 of 8 - 154,675
Secret Invasion #8 of 8 - 152,408

Stop spoonfeeding the morons.

Whoops, my bad. I saw a thread with the tweet as an OP pic, so I thought it was recent.

In that case, it may just because the whole internet hardcore comic fanbase could predict the ending.

>I read from both companies
>both companies

We got both kinds of music here, country and Western!

At least A-Force retconned it so she was just stunned by the missile and then Thanos punched her.
I don't relish the fact that Bendis's writing is so bad that other writers have to retcon it, but I do relish the fact that they hate his writing so much that they're willing to.