>TFW black mirror is garbage

Like what the fuck? This is the most normie shit in existence. It's for housewives to watch when they want to feel smart. It's shit for the birds.

All the concepts are so poorly developed it makes me physically ill to watch the stories play out. Half the episodes are based on technological advances but the writers seem to be completely technologically impaired. I can already see the fucking hacks sitting in the room throwing their half-assed ideas.

>"Hey! what if like, you know how teenagers are always on their cellphones?"

>" Ya, totally candycrush and shit. fucking millennials immaright? "

>" Ya, ya so imagine like if like we get consumed by technology and become supershallow and shit."

>"Holy shit, that's brilliant! why has no one ever thought about this before?"

>" Wait till you see my next idea. I was watching Ex machina last night, something about a china room, wasn't really paying attention movie was boring but that shit gave me an idea. What if like we created artificial copies of the human mind and like made them work for us. To do our chores and stuff, you know?That'd be fucked up right?"

>" Yo that's so deep man..."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfGKxekoEIc
youtube.com/watch?v=fc5QWxQ_leI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This. Show sucks dick.

fucking everything is garbage nowadays.

Define "nowadays"

I dunno 8.5 out every 10 movies I've seen from the past 2 decades are shit. I don't watch series, but I assume they're even worse, they just cater to people's specific tv needs.

San Junipero
Shut Up and Dance
Hated in the Nation
were pretty good senpai

It's better than most TV these days anyway.

Am i supposed to regard some faggot's opinion who watches anime highly?

>I don't watch series, but I assume they're even worse

You're correct. The only good one ever is the sopranos.

I'm not much of weeb since I think 99% of the anime medium is garbage.

>It's better than most TV these days anyway

The sad part is that you're right.

Anime isn't that bad if you know where to look.

youtube.com/watch?v=jfGKxekoEIc

>posting shit tier shows
Leave anime kino to me

youtube.com/watch?v=fc5QWxQ_leI

>not the 99 version

now name 3 better concepts for 60 minute episodes that are deep, entertaining and cheap enough.

Cowboy bebop is boring as fuck. Show is episodic and most event/actions have very little impact on the story(atleast not until later on). Characters aren't really that developed, universe feels shallow and animation is dated.

I'm sure a lot of nostalgia fags love this show but it hasn't aged well.

>hurrr, you can't criticize if you can't do it
As dumb as saying you have to find all food good unless you're a chef.

Sounds like you have problem with the people who watch it more than the show itself

What he said

but the concepts are only half the issue here. but even when the concepts are passable the execution is fucking awful.

>moeposter thinks their taste in television is good

t.butthurt black mirror fans.

>tfw Nosedive was just a ripoff of the Community episode which still did it better

Which Episode is that?

Anybody who has seen the original Twilight Zone give me their thoughts on how both shows stack-up?

season 5 episode i think, they all install an app called meowmeowbeenz. Its the exact same thing idea..

lol

You're trying too hard, user. Everyone has already heard this and no one thinks you're smart for reducing a show to DUDE LMAO TECHNOLOGY

I was considering watching this but, is it really half baked all over?

Depends on your understanding of technology.

meh still a fun show to watch for the most part. just don't expect any crazy depth.
some episodes are real bad, but most are at least entertaining. considering each episode is a totally different story you can just start with some of the higher rated ones to see if you like the general tone maybe.

Season 5 App Development and Condiments. App developers allow a community college to beta test out an app called Meow Meow Beanz that lets them rate people out of 5. Which in about two hours turns the school into a dystopia where the 5 rules and lower ratings are made slaves. Two days pass until the 1s rebel and figuratively execute the 5s by mass downvoting them. Then someone points out that its both stupid and it's Saturday and everyone goes home.

When I saw that episode of Black Mirror I just assumed both episodes were based on some book
and then I looked it up and realized Black Mirror straight up stole a plot from fucking Community

The format is different in Twilight zone, episodes are only half the length and the concepts are really interesting, I highly recommend you give it a whirl. Only watched the first episode of Black Mirror so far and wasn't too amazed though.

Black Mirror is really hit or miss. 1 or 2 episodes per season are actually good and the rest are complete crap. Season 2 only had 1 good episode where Haley Atwell gets her brains fucked out by a dildo and thats it.

White Christmas was really cheap sci-fi and made me drop the show.

Every time.

See now that's just lazy. Its also one of the worst black mirror episodes in my opinion.

I don't expect fans of that anime to have an opinion worth listening to.

>Hayley Atwell gets her brains fucked out by a dildo
Which episode

What about that Drumpf(waldo) episode?

The first one. Every episode after it is so fucking trash though.

It wasn't about Trump, it was even more stupid than that. It was about Crazy Frog.

You're shitting me right?

The show is written by a numale fag that doesn't understand the internet or memes.

Hello my fellow 155+ IQ friend

Got any source on that crazy frog thing?

>anime kino
>cowboy bepop

Yeah that episode was horseshit as well.

>watched Black Mirror
>had the same feeling of hopeless that I had while reading 1984
>dropped the show because I couldn't deal with it

>Comparing 1984 to this trash

how dare you

Are you saying you got no 'big brother' vibes from the second episode?

he's saying he had the same feeling of hopelessness, not that an hour episode of black mirror is superior to 1984. Try not to be so offended all the time.

The feelings of always being watched and no escape are so heavy.

White christmas was great and that is a footnote in the episode, they wanted the audience to sympathise with the cookie.

When the episode ends and he's locked in ground hog christmas day you can't rationalise the torture he is put through by saying he's just AI as doesn't make his pain any less real.

I know what you mean OP - I assumed I was missing pure kino until I finally gave it a go. What a pile of spam.

nobody is scared of Sup Forums it's just a shit board that spends all it's time discussing social life replacement shows

>callls the show "normie"
>implies people in general aren't super-shallow
>the only people who think people in general aren't super-shallow are normies

hmm

>It's better than most TV these days anyway.
this isn't true at all though, what kind of garbage are you watching to even think that Black Mirror is anywhere near the top ten shows on tv right now?

I didn't feel anything because of how poorly executed the episode was. It looks like they were going for that "A brave new world" kind of story where society is consumed by hedonism and technology but it was just so poorly executed.

First of all, the "entertainment" was fucking garbage. It completely broke my immersion. One way you can make concepts like that look scary is by making them feel realistic. But I've seen early 2010s iphone games with better gameplay than the shit they showed on their screen.

Second, the bicycle thing was ridiculous. Why would you need fucking bicycles to power anything. It's so bloody inefficient. A single nuclear reactor or hell a few solar panels could fucking destroy their power output.

The entire episode is based on poorly thought out concepts.

It's just Twilight Zone for millennials, but instead using a wide array of supernatural or even ordinary circumstances to tell differing stories that relate different ideas and emotions about the human condition, every episode is about how too much technology is bad for you. Also every episode ends on a slightly dour note so normies can pretend there's any real depth to what they've just watched

yeah i kept getting excited by the premises then every episode was fucking bullshit

Feels like it's been made 10-20 years ago, maybe at the time of X-Files. All the concepts from the show are literally mainstream now, and already implemented in some form so what's the point

I spent an afternoon thinking of ways in which the standing bike power generation episode could be better.

the problem with the series is that all of the episode concepts are undeveloped and that the episodes are not heavily interlinked (I know some of them are obviously linked together).

post your top ten then

Oh i'm not defending the episode at all. You're right, it was all very poorly executed, and clearly not thought out.

Its still fairly obvious what they were going for, and drawing a connection to the feeling invoked by 1984 isn't that hard to imagine.

B..but, the guy fucks a pig! It's deep.

sure

Yo bro! that's so out there yo.

>mfw

Finally a tread that dosnt suck taht shitty shows dick.

I liked maybe 2 episodes out of them all, rest was half assed badly written and as original as any shitty movie you see from Hollywood.

>White Christmas
>The entire history of you
>White bear
>Shut up and dance
All God-tier episodes

That's an insult to hollywood movies to be honest.

the very first episode is the only good one.

But it's also far fetched as well...

>reddit christmas
>the entire history of reddit
>reddit bear
>shut up and reddit
>watching reddit mirror

nigger faggot

Just a reaction image bro

thats literally nothing like what he said though is it you daft cunt

he is asking what is better, not to go and make their own version which is better

Right, I felt that every single concept they tried to present fell apart within 10 seconds of giving it any actual thought.

That said, some of the episodes are still quite entertaining-

Which one?

Maybe your experience of life is too limited to appreciate good sci-fi. As a very depressed disabled person (motor neurone condition) San Junipero made me fucking bawl.

Alright let's take episode 2 for exemple:

See here: Defend this. Also

>Maybe your experience of life is too limited to appreciate good sci-fi.

What? Fuck off with that shit.

I agree with you OP
Felt like most episodes were dragging on because the point was clear within minutes

It's still an ok show though, don't regret watching it. Haven't watched the third season yet