WHY IS SHE READING THE GARBAGE? YOU TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE, NOT READ IT...

WHY IS SHE READING THE GARBAGE? YOU TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE, NOT READ IT. WHAT CHARACTER INSIGHT IS THIS POSSIBLY GOING TO GIVE LARSON?

I was wondering why I'd seen the same thread being posted for like the past five days, but I never really looked at the picture.

Because #SHAZAM!!!!

>Hmm... I was told people like this really generic stuff. Guess generic is the way to go. It is Disney after all. The worst thing I could do is offend someone.

that arc has carol as a hardass trying to deal with rebuilding a planet that got wreaked in the Avengers War instead of just leaving it behind. torn between pragmatism and idealism

it's pretty good.

user, it's just a promotional shot. I doubt she's even read it.

Remember, they gave Evangeline Lilly a copy of Irredeemable Ant-man for Ant-man promo (the comic that doesn't feature Pym, Lang, Hope or Janet but O'Grady, the ant-man that has nothing to do with the movie) and gave Olsen a copy of House of M for AoU promos.

It's not like there's a lot of good Carol stories in the first place.

Maybe they gave Lilly O'Grady to get ready for an asshole Ant Man

But Lang isn't an asshole.

>implying Carol has good stories

She's a shit B-lister and the only reason they're pushing her is because they want to have their own Wonder Woman.

>WHY IS SHE READING THE GARBAGE?

marketing told her to.

The issue is more that they want Captain Marvel Carol and the only runs she's had as Captain Marvel are the ANAD one and the KSD one, and the ANAD one wouldn't have gotten its first trade released when this picture was taken.

So KSD's run was pretty much the only option. Even then, the volume she's reading is just bland and boring, not outright bad.

yeah but that movie had a very long development cycle so who knows.

>Irredeemable Ant-man
>House of M
I think they just put some intern in charge of handing out these comics to celebs and he fucks around with them.

>Meanwhile based Charlie read volume 2 of Daredevil and noted Bob Gale's run

Bettany got King's Vision at least.

This is the correct answer

Is Tumblr triggered by the fact that she's reading a run with long-haired Carol?

I don't think Tumblr even knows that short haired Carol exists.

no he didn't. That was after the film

Carol is mostly KSD fans not Carol fans

He got it for a Civil War promotion.

of course I meant "tumblr is mostly KSD fans"

Willing to bet she just posed for that picture and went back to do whatever fucking white females do

I don't remember if it was Gunn or Pratt who posted a photo with some Guardians comics except Bendis'.

That shit was dope.

Meanwhile on Netflix

I'll say it again, calm the shit down people, just remember it's not actually Carol, she died in AvX.

Now it's just the mess KSD created, that everyone has decided to build upon, none of it matters.

pffft Grandpa, take your mysogini back to cripplechan

It's just so people think she's "Respecting the source material" the writers have even said they're changing her origin. It's just for shitty publicity

Well they can't use Rogue and Mystique, so they're gonna have to change her up a bit.

The current run almost completely ignores KSD's run and uses her old personality.

What? They're changing it because it's pretty much Hal's origins, not because of the MCU/Fox rivalry

.>captain bland apologists
When did this become a thing?

I'd say it's like the body slowly adapting to poison, but honestly I don't know how anyone could survive the initial dose without already being full of enough toxins to kill a rhino on angel dust.

"I AM A REEL NERD GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL
XDDDD"

Goddammit.

Are there any actors besides Ryan Reynolds that respect the source material & go out of their way to learn it?

I remember that Evangeline Lily actually read that comic and call it a piece of shit.

Affleck

Given that Larson has established herself as having legitimate acting chops, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she actually trying to learn about the character.

Who knows, she could be reading MULTIPLE runs!

When her current volume ended up being good. So, months ago.