Why did they leave so much food for only three people

Why did they leave so much food for only three people

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SpNcO4zuttU
youtube.com/watch?v=Abey64kpZws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're americans.

They got the food order wrong until I corrected it.

It is always fully stocked just in case they get a call in from someone rich and need to host a party.

Will we ever come close to understanding what Kubrick meant by this?

braphomet

why did Kubrick cast Scatman to spend the whole movie driving until he finally shows up so Jack can immediately kill him?

How hard is it to understand Kubrick sold his soul to the devil to

It's almost like he's fucking with your expectations.

I don't get it

because he's introduced as a good guy who understands danny so in the back of your head while watching the movie you keep thinking once he turns up things will be alright but then he gets instantly rekt which in turn instantly exacerbates the situation.

you know what i hate about this movie? It's that jack nicholson is just to suppose to be this everyday normal father that turns crazy, but right from the opening scene in the car he's acting like a total fucking loon.

How can people that say he deserved an oscar for the role defend this? There's no transformation from normal to crazy, he's just acting in his typical nicholsen - eccentric way through the entire movie.

>Why did they leave so much food for only three people

BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING HOTEL ON OFF-SEASON YOU MORON, IN A FEW MONTHS IT'LL REOPEN AND THE FROZE/DRIED/PRESERVED FOOD WILL STILL BE GOOD.

its ok, there are many people who arent smart enough to enjoy this movie

Agreed in the book he goes nuts over months of isolation and setbacks which make him feel like a loser in the eyes of his wife and child. In the movie. MONDAY a little crazy TUESDAY crazy WEDNESDAY murdering psycho. OPs scene is extremely comfy tho even moreso in the book.

so he molesterd the kid right?

The movie didn't take place in only a week

The occult symbolism is shoe horned in, like they spent 10 minutes in a library and just put in the most basic symbols cause "wow so deep"

>jack nicholson is just to suppose to be this everyday normal father that turns crazy
Try putting your phone down the next time you watch a movie, chimpfucker.
They're fucking off to the middle of nowhere because he's a recovering alcoholic that nearly ruined his marriage and did "something" to Danny that they remain vague as fuck about.
He's portrayed as anything but "just some harmless dude." He was trying to salvage his life and family but ultimately succums to his inner demons... personified as actual demonic ghosts as visual metaphor.

so you don't get it either, very helpfull

kubrick left enough hints for that to be a theory

Wtf? Theres no way this wasnt intentional

Have they removed her cigarette? I dont get the reason for the change?

Kubrick does everything for a reason

youtube.com/watch?v=SpNcO4zuttU

Yes he did

why did Danny unlock the door?

He went nuts quick tho you cant deny it

Just fucking explain it you pretentious redditor.

Goofy is the key to all of this.

THATS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO WHEN YOU EMPLOY A NIGGER COOK

SHRINKAGE IS THE INDUSTRY TERM FOR STEALING

Delbert Grady: Did you know, Mr. Torrance, that your son is attempting to bring an outside party into this situation? Did you know that?
Jack Torrance: No.
Delbert Grady: He is, Mr. Torrance.
Jack Torrance: Who?
Delbert Grady: A nigger.
Jack Torrance: A nigger?
Delbert Grady: A nigger cook.
Jack Torrance: How?
Delbert Grady: Your son has a very great talent. I don't think you are aware how great it is. That he is attempting to use that very talent against your will.
Jack Torrance: He is a very willful boy.

for you

What did he mean by this

Perhaps the comfiest food storage room ever depicted in cinema.

That was the Chuck. The character we see in the movie is Sneed. They are identical yet distinct identities.

but its my new plot hole, derp

goofy bitch, probably just Kubrick fucking with her 5th dimensionally

Same outfit == not a dress, different colored pants. WOW

The Hotel took his soul.

p much this. He is just absorbed into the hotel and will now forever be amongst the spirits that haunt the place

Frozen food doesn't last forever, and the hotel is closed for way more than a few months.

They just gave him broader shoulders to match Nicholson's frame, so the guy cut out the cigarette because the smaller stub probably would have looked distracting. imo, at least

It's much more tense in the film, like in the Witch how they show the witch right at the beginning to give you a sense of dread.

P O t T e R Y
o
T
t
E
R
y

He didn't. The ghosts did. The door unlocking is supposed to show that the ghosts are real.

Jack is a reincarnation of the previous caretaker, just like how Grady was a reincarnation of a butler from the hotel. Notice Grady's name changes from the the meeting with the owner to when Jack meets him

>in the book
source material wankers

Was that something a 70s guy might do?

This movie was the riskiest childhood fap

>P O t T e R Y
>P o T t E R y
what did Kubrick mean by this?

both photos are in the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=Abey64kpZws

NAKED SLUT TURNS INTO A CACKLING DECOMPOSING GRANNY

FUCKING KUBRICK CHEEKY BASTARD HOW MANY KIDS DID HE SCAR FOR LIFE WITH THAT SHIT SNEAKY KUNT

the dopey sticker being removed is the first thing that sparked my autism about this movie

European or American version - which is better?

>here's Johnny

Who was Johnny? Was he just insane at that point?

>Scatman mentions Sociables crackers by name right when the inner Shining monologue cuts in

>Sociables are the best snack cracker on the market

>The Shining is my favorite Kubrick flick

Truly a delightful timeline

hey-o!

Do people actually not like Shelley Duvall in this film?

I know it's a trol like the OP but I'll just take it at face value and be autistic about it.

"Here's Johnny!" is how late night talk show host Johnny Carson was introduced on his program. Johnny Carson was a staple of American culture throughout the 1970s and 1980s, and so the line is instantly recognizable to the moviegoer of that era.

"Here's Johnny!" therefore serves also as a bombastic, generic announcement of presence which is instantly understood as such by the the moviegoer of the day. Further, using the line is kind of a crazy, weird thing for Jack to do (but again simply announcing himself in a manic way), but since the above show was a comedy/talk show, and the delivery here is so ridiculously over-the-top, it's also a beat of /comedy/ in what is otherwise a pretty dramatic film. Every competent drama must contain at least a few drops of humor to keep the edge off and make the medicine go down. This line, in this context, has a note of comic relief right at the height of the film's dramatic tension. Somehow, this is not a contradiction, which is precisely the artistry of what is captured.

this is stupid, he literally just moved his toy here. its not like he was only allowed to play in 1 spot for eternity

I know it's you King
Stop shitposting about the Shinning you bitter asshole

it's the symbology of him pooping his pants you retards

We sort of pick on her because it's the done thing, and both Jack's character and the director were abusive to her. That plus her face does sort of turn her into a punching bag - we know the stories of how she was treated and somehow this triggers a desire to bully further.

OTOH something that never gets talked about is that Wendy is the only one /ever depicted as /actually doing the core job function/. It's Wendy who is shown spending time in the boiler room, calibrating and logging things, fulfilling what Ullman had described as one of the job's core tasks. It's Wendy who cooks the food and keeps the kitchen tidy and checks on her family besides and is responsible by maintaining radio contact with the local authorities where both know that the family is basically wintering over and can only really be helped or reached on an absolute emergency basis. Jack is only ever whipping balls at the expensive artwork, not doing the core work, working on his novel, and otherwise wrecking up the place.

He was already unhinged, and having an alcoholic relapse.

>he moved all his toys in the exact same positions, but rotated 180 degress
>being dumb enough tot think this

holy shit talke geometry again

holy shit talke life again

He's right, you ponce.