IT'S JASON'S BIRTHDAY!!

Well, not really. His birthday is actually on 16th of August, but I decided to do it today because I promised to a thread about it and I can't do it tomorrow. It's already 16/8 on other parts of the world anyway.

So this time I will share some random facts about Jason that you might or might not know about him.

And you can share your favorite moment of him, quotes, fan art or whatever you like. Also, you can ask whatever you want about him.

Oh, and congratulations for having Red Hood and the Outlaws in the top 25 bestselling comics. A feat I never thought possible with Lobdell around, but it was well deserved.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ScottyLobdell/status/760010010894082048
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Jason happy?

Here's to narration boxes.
Hope they'll actually stick to this mask, Jesus Christ, they changed more helmets than Tony did armors.

Batman meet Jason on February. Specifically on the day of his parents death anniversary and in the place where they were killed. The crime ally.

It's fate, man.

Jason was Robin for three years.

He meet Batman when he was 12 and died when he was 15.

In the n52 and rebirth, he was Robin for only one year (like dick and tim). He meet Batman when he was 16 and died he was 17.

Someday he will be, user.

Nightwing and Jason Todd, two of the most quintessential Robins. Who's Tim drake again?

I kid. I actually like Red Hood's design. My least favorite robin is actually Damian Wayne but that's just because I've watched the recent animated movies with him in them. It just sounds so weird and unnatural when he calls Bruce father.

They should erase Tim and give Jason the Red Robin costume.

That happened in Countdown.
Don't ask me how I know that.

Joker admitted once that Jason is his favorite Robin. Not only because he killed him, but also because he liked his attitude.

>Hope they'll actually stick to this mask, Jesus Christ, they changed more helmets than Tony did armors.
Makes sense for Jason's character, he's changed appearance so much you can argue Clayface was his real dad.

Jason's death anniversary is the only date he bother to remember and consider it his greatest victory.

Right. When you see they couldn't settle for one hair color, helmets are low on the list of priorities.

In arkham knight, joker said that messing up with Jason's mind was the happiest days in his life in a very long time.

Talks about twisted..

he really should have stayed ginger

I was never really a fan of how Morrison introduced it, now the skunk stripe that should definitely come back

Bruce once described dick as the laughter that grow up and move on and Jason as the love that was stolen from him.

I mean.....yeah.

>Skunk stripe
definitely. This is a great aspect. I like to think it was the Lazareth pit's affect on him.

There was a plan for Jason to have a little sister who was going to be the new scarlet, but it was scratched after Lobdell left rhato.

And yes, she is one in the picture.

Jason in DKR was supposed to be the new batman after Bruce retire, but Jason died he take it.

And it was the reason why batman retired for ten years.

Jason was a freedom fighter who was under Kate Kane care in bombshell.

And of course he died in her arms.

Red Hood is number 7 in the list of most wanted criminals in the world.

Jason become a priest in a world where he never meet Bruce Wayne.

One of the first RHatO issues got a second printing.

>canon Latino

Jason loved the universe where Batman was a woman and prefered her over Bruce.

Jason really hate Kyle and consider Hal the real green lantern.

Where's the user who asked for this panel because I found it.

Lobdell said in the most recent interview that Artemis sees Jason as a little kid who is going to hurt himself with his toys and Jason will (try to) act as a tough guy who should be taken seriously.

So yeah, these two will have a big sister/little brother kind of relationship in the new RHATO.

If he was Guyfag, he'd have best taste for Lanterns.

Jasonfags here
>these two will have a big sister/little brother kind of relationship
I hope so. Though knowing lobdell, I won't have high expectation on it.

Well Lobdell has a habit of not letting Jason have a romantic interest for whatever reason so I could see it happening.

Could be worse. Like OC that will show once and get whacked in next issue and be forgotten forever.

I hope they will end as Bizarro's surrogate parents

The blonde's death I feel like was more of a product of Death of the Family.

...God fuck that tie in with that and TItans.

Bizarro's parents are Luthor and Captain Cold

Isabel wasn't killed, she was written off as Tynion's final fuck you before leaving RHATO

Different Bizarro user

Me don't know long way!

This panel sum up Jason and Essence relationship.

Shit, that's good art, what is it a variant, or a poster their releasing?

Issue 3 variant

By gods that narration box.
Dammit lobdell.

Here's the variant for issue 2

Jason was trained by the LoA and was supposed to be the heir.

>Issue 3 variant
Not a fan of variants usually, but I might have to buy that one.

That was something Tynion introduced, not Lobdell. And went ignored by everyone.

Is RHatO New 52 with the most dropped plotlines?

>Is RHatO New 52 with the most dropped plotlines?
I think Nightwing is up there just for the sheer number of times it changed it's direction.

Robins have a hard life.
And weird writers.

Jason should have stayed dead. Him being alive does nothing besides having more DC eyecandy. He was more interesting as Robin and his death was important.

I have been waiting for this.
>Always get overshadowed by Dick
>Opposite of Dick in every way, like
>Everyone hates him (character wise and reader wise)
>Not a chick magnet (even Tim can get more girls than him, hell, even Damian already attracted chick more than Jason)
>Bruce likes him the least
>Stuck with the worst writer (Fuck lodbell)
>Have been dead, and everyone prefer if he just die permanently
>Another Robin also died but that robin got better treatment than him
>Always get rekt by Damian
>Most cast he's been with mostly was just used Dick's friends

He's my most favorite and one of the reason was because he's the most unfortunate character I have read. Everyday I pray he got better treatment, and still hoping it will come soon.

It's canon now that Talia was the one who bought Jason back by using the pit.

I know, but it still part of RHATO.

Jeremy Haun said in one of his interview that Red Hood lost days was supposed to be at least 30 issues, but N52 changed the plan.

Pseudo related, but where can I read/get a download for City of Owls?i just finished Court of Owls and night of owls. Loved Court, but I can't find City ANYWHERE online. Can anyone help me out?

Does that story even exist?

>Bruce once described dick as the laughter that grow up and move on and Jason as the love that was stolen from him
Wow

I have a question, OP. Was Jason acknowledged as a son to bruce in New 52?

It's basically volume 2 of the reboot. Volume 1 being court of owls, volume 2 being city of owls. Court of Owls really surprised me; it was one of my favorite batman stories to date. Where do you guys download your comics from?

what is this, a comic for ants?

Batman had a picture of Jason on his bed stand after Jason's death.

He was. Alfred told him in JL #19 that he is as much as a son to bruce as Damian.

Oh right, I forgot about that.

I used Kickass Torrents, so yeah.

So whats Todd saying to Batman in this?

One of my favorite moments for Jason

That time he was Red Robin in Countdown

He also carried a one with him in his Batman suit.

And that time he was Batman

Jason's first love interest was Rena who he manged to charm and stop her from taking drugs by saying that she makes him high just by looking at her.

It was really cheesy line, but hey! it's actually worked!

Deathstroke was Jason's right hand in AK.

Soy is such a great artist

Jason met Sherlock Holmes once when he was a Robin.

Jason and Wally teamed up once..

.....in the NTT.

With Kory too...

.....Garfield...

....Hawk..

Jason and Roy have a history too...

And share a nice moment

Donna too.

Now for some raisin I wish we got "Red Hood and the Teen Titans"

[male empowerment intensifies]

Jason spent more time with TT than he ever did with dick. Which no wonder why they were never close.

I'm taking a break for now. If you guys have any request, just ask and I will do my best to deliver later on.

Thanks op. Can you post more jason and bruce moments?

Is it just me, but does there seem to be a disturbing difference in how Jason was viewed as a Robin before and after his resurrection? Like it feels like everyone thinks he's the 'bad' robin or should never have been it, while before he was literally put on a pedestal?

Writer's had to justify his death.

Judd Winick got a little creepy about Jason towards the end, he kept trying to write a back story where he was a child prostitute. This story was done after Morrison was finished with the character and rather than writing him like Grant did, he turned him into Ginger Thor who got naked a lot, beat up rapists in the showers, and read chic-lit in the prison yard.

I'm not sure how creepy it would have gotten if they hadn't taken Jason off him.

His death was considered to be a heroic and he was was called a hero. Then 2000s (mostly because of Hush story) happened and Jason become the worst Robin ever who no one liked just to free Batman from any blame and make Tim the perfect Robin in comparison.

I need more Jason and Black Mask moments!

Always loved this cover.

Yeah, Winnick went off the rails by the end

So anons Jason with black hair,ginger, or black with the white streak in it?

Black with white streak, if only to differentiate him from all the other Robins

Ginger Jason

Black with white streak. Always interpreted it as a Lazarus side effect

is RH&OLs rebirth good? I saw the movie and played the games, what are some good Jason books?

Black Hair

Is pretty damn fun but the Rebirth series is very superior to the old one.

OP COME BACK PLEASE!

Wait, really? I thought the whole reason they killed him off was because the fans hated him since day 1

Ginger or bust

He was talking about the characters, user.

Jason wasn't actually that hated by the fans. They just didn't like how different and unusual he was compared to Dick (characters like Jason were really rare back in the 80s), but it was Starling who wanted to get rid of him because he hated the Robin mantle.

Is it true that they're turning Jason gay now, the same way Bendis did with Iceman?

Wait what?????

Nah

twitter.com/ScottyLobdell/status/760010010894082048