Anyone else hate how Lex kidnapped and tortured Martha Kent...

Anyone else hate how Lex kidnapped and tortured Martha Kent? I always felt the character of Lex Luthor had more class and sophistication than being a thug, and kidnapping and harming an old woman was something that would be beneath him.

Hes Lex Jr. Lex Senior would be the one with class and sophistication, although he would do the same but would use 10 different companies and proxies to make sure he werent directly involved

Lex is not an admirable person.

Like nearly everything WB has cranked out, they dont really understand the characters OP, and yes there was a lot wrong with this Luthor. Using this kind of leverage is kind of beneath Lex in my opinion.
Nice headcanon.

>in my opinion.
>nice headcannon
idiot

As far as intelligence and scheming goes, he kinda is.

The thing about Lex is that nothing is truly beneath him . He doesn't do it for shits and giggles like, say, the joker; but he is still a monster if the situation requires him to be. He's not beyond threatening or brutalizing women and children.

Dont you get it

there's no stakes unless he tortures her

what are you, a baby?

BUT BVS IS SHIT MUH SNYDER MUH WARNER REEEEE

>L-Lex Sr is the real Lex
Fuck off

The critical factor that decides whether intelligence is admirable or not is how it's applied.

God why do jonhsfags and DCUAfags so deluded? Lex is a petty man, vile and egocentric, he doesn't enjoy torture but he will torture anyone if it's mean humiliation for someone he envies or hate. He isn't classy, he is rich, in his mind he dictates what is right or wrong.

how do you turn someone into an addict? That sounds like some D.A.R.E. "People will slip cocaine into your tacos to turn you into a junky!" shit

Kidnapping her alone is proof of his power. He doesn't need to harm her, which Lex has no proof won't send Superman over the edge and punch him into orbit.

Even in this case, the threat was all it took. He didn't actually do all those things and take photos to prove it. Lex's power is in the other person knowing that Lex is capable of doing those things.

Except that's different. It's not kidnapping and torturing an old woman it's framing a dude, getting his son addicted to drugs, causing his wife to leave him, all second hand things that would aren't just beating up who he loves but twisting them and causing them to leave on their own. And framing him while destroying his entire reputation.

It's monstrous, but it's engineering someone's downfall as opposed to just attacking them with brute force.

>expecting anything less from a shitty movie

really?

Analysing why a movie is shit is the fun of it. It's what makes the Plinkett reviews so comfy.

The fuck?
"engineering someone's downfall" is exactly wht he was doing to supes in BVS.

Meme elsewhere.

But the prequels are very good.

That seems incredibly convulted with a number of ways it could go wrong.

Not a meme when its true, dipshit.

sure thing

>as opposed to just attacking them with brute force.

Like he did to Steel's niece in 52?

>Lex Luthor
>class and sophistication
I don't even like Eisenberg but come on.
Luthor is a textbook narcissist, the only class and sophistication he has are in his head.

It's Lex It wouldn't go wrong.

BUT BUT BUT SNYDER MUH MUH WARNER MUH SNYDER MUH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Look at the scene early in the movie where Lex makes his speech about power and he talks about how knowledge without power is paradoxical. His hatred of Superman leaks out and it is just that. Pure, visceral hatred. Superman embodies all of his hatred at his father and at God and he wants to rip him apart. So he comes up with this circuitous plan to see Superman either dead or disgraced but at his core, he just wants to hurt this fucker.

He can't do that 'cause Superman is fucking invulnerable, so he takes out his aggression on the next best thing, Superman's mom.

Lex isn't a sexy bald anti hero you can't, he is a pathetic insecure manlet that isn't above torture

Jesus christ, shut the fuck up.

Pretentious shit!
Thinking is harddddd!

Triggered?

You're capable of doing nothing but shitposting, huh.

Sssssssh, they just fell for his facade.

The Prometheus speech was my favorite lex moment, his hate for superman was so pure, really good acting

>Everyman

Dammit, I miss that psycho fuck.

You reflect badly on other people who actually like BvS, user

No, i've been so flabbergasted at the idiocy of people when it comes to these movies that i'm mocking them to let off some steam.
Again, you seem pretty triggered. I'd bet money that i'm hitting a little to close to home.

>Hannibal that can shapeshift

pretty cool i guess

I didn't say he was a sexy anti-hero. I'm saying his intelligence makes him worthy of being Superman's arch-nemesis.

false flag

It's like believing led would be a hero in. World without superman.

I actually don't really care about these movies, Marvel or DC, one way or the other. You're just being obnoxious for the sake of it.

Yes, and in this movie he outsmarts everybody and the only flaw in his plan was that both superman and Batman are better persons than himself

Then I have no quarrel with you. Have a good 'un.

You're acting like intelligence and brutality are mutually exclusive qualities. Because Lex is smart, he can't be petty, vindictive, hateful, wrathful?

The kidnapping and the polaroids were the best thing about Lex. He was revealed to be a monster in that scene.

He can be all those things, but his ego and the pedestal he puts himself on forbids him from lowering himself to base, animalistic impulses, like torturing an old woman like some common thug.

Lex would instead kidnap her and offer her tea and biscuits instead.

>Hire hot chick to date him
>Have him get high all the time
>Have her leave and all he has is heroine
>Every time he tries to get clean "stuff" happens and he is put in a situation around someone who has heroine and offers it to him
>if he really starts to get clean just OD him

You're just being obnoxious for the sake of it.
Sup Forums in a nutshell

DCEU Lex is shit

you literally said that Lex wouldnt do that in your head canon and then just dissed someone else's head canon. Jesus fuck you are an idiot.

The problem is you're thinking about Lex Luthor and not whatever the fuck Snyder gave us.

>that webm
for what purpose?

Lex was never above torture. Never.

>Lex would instead kidnap her and offer her tea and biscuits instead.

No, he wouldn't.

If it's to fuck with Superman I can see Lex murdering an old woman. This was the least of the problems I had with movie Lex.

John Byrne's Lex almost raped Lois because she dared to snoop around his shit. It wasn't even grown up Lois, but 15 years old petite Lois.

Lex also has tortured tons of people throughout under various writers. Even in DCAU Lex had the Question tortured.

I seriously don't understand where OP is coming from.

Grant Morrison's Lex, in Nu52, tortured Superman, as well.

Say what you will about Lex, at least he was kind enough to have the word "Witch" washed off her forehead by the time Batman arrives.

People forget that most incarnations of lex killed his parents (indeed, this version could have too) just for the sake of inheriting money and his pride (Luthor was ashamed his parents were so mediocre), killed old ladies and willfully encouraged racial bias just for the sake of preserving self-image.

There are only two things that Luthor has: hate and ego. His ego is fueled by power and supermans infinite power and kindness makes him look feeble in comparison.

He just Photoshopped that shit, man.

The only Lex who I would say is "classy" is the DCAU Lex

My favorite was the jolly rancher. Nothing screams an evil douche more than force feeding someone because you know you've got them by the balls.

Even DCAU Lex tortured people and fucked crazy bitches that sucked gorilla's dongs.

In terms of Lex's cruelty, it knows no bounds if it comes to superman or women.

They clearly filmed those sequences at 2 different times and didn't realize that Lane has the word "Witch" written on her forehead in the polaroids. They probably shot the polaroids after the warehouse scene.

DCAU ruined the cinematic universe because that's all casuals want and know about

They seriously think shit like "superman is a boring asshole, Kevin conroy is the only batman"

The only DCAU backlash that's happened recently that I liked was the barbara/batman shipping disaster. That was terrible when Timm just hinted at it in the cartoons, but to make it canon especially in an adaptation of a seminal work is just disgusting.

Pretty easy when you have Lex Luthor money. All you need to do is keep track of what he's trying to accomplish and deny him it, over and over again. Does he want to get into a certain university? Bribe or blackmail the registration board to ensure he doesn't get in. Girl he likes? Suddenly there's a really great opportunity for her in whatever career path she's chosen across the country or some sexier, richer, more charismatic guy comes in and sweeps her off her feet. Family and friends stop contacting him, his apartment comes under new ownership and the rent gets increased outside his range. He gets fired from his job and suddenly can't find work. The only place he can afford now is a run down crackhouse. But at least the tenants are friendly and that guy across the hall seems to operate all right and keeps saying that you only need to take a little, just to keep the edge off . . .

He did that to Lana Lang during Byrne's run. There were two big differences between Lex doing that in the comic and the movie though:

1.) He didn't do it to fuck with Superman in the comic, he did it as a means to an end (discovering the connection between Clark Kent and Superman). It reinforces the "evil Machiavellian businessman" characterization that had recently been established, but in the movie, it just shows that he's evil and adds cheap shock value.

2.) In the comic, it leads up to Lex's big character moment at the end. His supercomputer tells him, based on evidence from his investigation and interrogation of Lana, that Superman and Clark Kent are the same person. Lex flat out ignores the outcome because, to him, the idea that someone that powerful would willingly squander their potential and spend time as an average person is completely inconceivable. In the movie, it doesn't lead up to anything beside Batman fighting Lex's men during the climax.

When you get down to it, that's been one of the big problems with the DCEU so far. They adapt exact scenes and moments from the comics very faithfully, but they almost always remove all emotional heft and catharsis from it, either by missing the original scene's point or removing it from any meaningful context. The writers, directors, and producers see something cool in the comics and adapt it almost exactly without understanding why everyone thought it was cool in the first place.