>Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 11
Poe Dameron #5

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ffrxps.wav
my.mixtape.moe/sasoxp.wav
my.mixtape.moe/pdpkfm.wav
my.mixtape.moe/rbvyqs.wav
my.mixtape.moe/bnhcdr.wav
my.mixtape.moe/bwytdv.wav
my.mixtape.moe/yxzvym.wav
my.mixtape.moe/gclkls.wav
my.mixtape.moe/jbmbvk.wav
my.mixtape.moe/optbde.wav
my.mixtape.moe/txhtyk.wav
my.mixtape.moe/ligyrt.wav
my.mixtape.moe/fwqedi.wav
my.mixtape.moe/gvwupi.wav
my.mixtape.moe/ijgxdj.wav
my.mixtape.moe/cevnjp.wav
my.mixtape.moe/bvarhd.wav
my.mixtape.moe/rnudjx.wav
youtube.com/watch?v=48XWkN0jBQY
youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU&feature=youtu.be&t=2m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=48XWkN0jBQY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m29s
youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY
youtu.be/1JOUfAKQyf0
youtube.com/watch?v=66QaJFAj3PI
twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/765218215123267585
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/764959709031862272
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Star_Wars:_Absolutely_Everything_You_Need_to_Know
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are the chances that the next movie will contain OT races that aren't established characters?

first for sheev

Writing from Jurassic World... Yeah, that was not the most stellar script in the world, despite how much money it made. Actually the plot was a total mess, and that's being kind. "You can't use dinosaurs as weapons! You have to respect them! Hey, I know, let's use dinosaurs as weapons!" They solved the problem of the Indominus Rex, now they just have the minor issue of a regular ol' T-Rex and raptor running around on an island still full of tasty tourists. I assume most of the main characters will be in jail at the start of the sequel. Also the bit at the end with the godawful parents showing up just so the kids could get family closure even though it makes zero sense that the boat sent to evacuate the island would be carrying non-essential personnel.

It didn't really matter in Jurassic World since it was just a special effects turn-your-brain-off and enjoy the ride summer movie, but for Star Wars? It'll still make money no matter what but we're STILL arguing over JJ's plot holes. I hope this guy has a hidden A game.

Most sequels don't live up to the original.

Honestly? What with Rey and Luke on Ach-to, and Hux having taken Kylo Ren to Snoke, the bulk of the movie will probably be in the Unknown Regions. So, not high.

>"You can't use dinosaurs as weapons to fight humans!
Fixed it for you. Having them assist in tracking down another animal is another thing entirely. Ingen wanted to use the raptors to take down mudslimes and other undesirables instead of having to use drones.

TL;DR

>memegenerator

Ur a fag

>Fixed it for you.
It wasn't just humans. Owen was against using the raptors against the Indominus, too. He simply didn't have a choice other than sit it out or go along with the plan.

You would prefer another target, a non-memetic target? Then name the system! I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time:

Reposting from in case cAnon didn't see it

my.mixtape.moe/ffrxps.wav
my.mixtape.moe/sasoxp.wav
my.mixtape.moe/pdpkfm.wav
my.mixtape.moe/rbvyqs.wav
my.mixtape.moe/bnhcdr.wav
my.mixtape.moe/bwytdv.wav
my.mixtape.moe/yxzvym.wav
my.mixtape.moe/gclkls.wav
my.mixtape.moe/jbmbvk.wav
my.mixtape.moe/optbde.wav
my.mixtape.moe/txhtyk.wav
my.mixtape.moe/ligyrt.wav
my.mixtape.moe/fwqedi.wav
my.mixtape.moe/gvwupi.wav
my.mixtape.moe/ijgxdj.wav
my.mixtape.moe/cevnjp.wav
my.mixtape.moe/bvarhd.wav
my.mixtape.moe/rnudjx.wav

Right but as
pointed out, Jurassic World was probably going to be shit no matter who had it.

But episode 9 is what I am really concerned for.

JJ and Connolly will be kept in line with Johnson writing, and Colin Trevorrow directing I hope.

Fair is fair, now, we haven't even seen Johnson's Star Wars yet. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

>Fair is fair, now, we haven't even seen Johnson's Star Wars yet. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

True we will wait like rational adults, and will all give the movie a fair chance

>Writing from Jurassic World... Yeah, that was not the most stellar script in the world, despite how much money it made.

I wasn't claiming it was the second coming or anything, but compared to what pic related could've been, it's godlike

>Actually the plot was a total mess, and that's being kind.
Not really, I found it easy to understand.

> "You can't use dinosaurs as weapons! You have to respect them! Hey, I know, let's use dinosaurs as weapons!"

Were you not paying attention? Hoskin's was not listening to Owen and wanted to go along with his retarded-ass plan. Owen only came along because he didn't want some other people in sole control of his raptors.

> now they just have the minor issue of a regular ol' T-Rex and raptor running around on an island still full of tasty tourists.

Did you miss the part where they evacuated the island? Yes, there are dinosaurs running around, but they evacuated the island.

>. Also the bit at the end with the godawful parents showing up just so the kids could get family closure even though it makes zero sense that the boat sent to evacuate the island would be carrying non-essential personnel.

They were not on the island at that point, they'd been evacuated to the mainland.

Colin made Jurassic World an enjoyable film out of what could've been a complete shitfest. And on the directing side as I said, JW was great. Since Episode 9 won't have those writing problems, I don't see any issue.

>not naming the picture Jewish Country Club

Won't happen again user

What are you expecting from him in episode 8?

They'll make him a formidable opponent now that his training is complete

nice
prequel hate is a meme

I don't care how they do it, but I want to see a Rex Vs. Cody fight in Rebels.

>I wasn't claiming it was the second coming or anything, but compared to what pic related could've been, it's godlike

Nobody said you did. Stop taking this personally when it's clear we're talking about the writer, not you.

>Not really, I found it easy to understand.

It can still be a mess and easy to understand. It was incredibly simply as far as stories go, but still very flawed and self-contradicting.

>Were you not paying attention? Hoskin's was not listening to Owen and wanted to go along with his retarded-ass plan. Owen only came along because he didn't want some other people in sole control of his raptors.

Hoskins didn't release the T-Rex, now did he? The one chick did that after she already saw how horribly wrong using raptors went, and she only released the T-Rex because the one autistic kid claimed there weren't enough teeth.

As for the evacuation the movie never makes it clear where the last scene with the people takes place. We see medical staff and soldiers, both of whom would be sent in to the island to perform security and triage prior to evacuation. But that doesn't matter because the T-Rex was released prior to the evacuation boats arriving anyway. And, again, a wounded T-Rex and raptor running around. Wounded animals are typically more dangerous, not less. But since they called some weird truce with each other it's totally cool, right?

Someone tweet Pablo and ask him what happened to rotta, if he is alive he is the sole aire to the great hutt crime family. Maybe he is snoke?

Nevermind the mosasaurus was able to burst out of its enclosure enough to pull a super-sized raptorrex into the water.

The end of the movie ran on excuse plots. Release the rex so they can have their dinosaur on dinosaur showdown, then end it with a surprise late entrant and victor plus everyone including humans and dinosaurs are super cool with each other now.

I'll do it
He'll probably answer because it's such an obscure question

an good explanation why he's such an whiny edgy teenager and choose for the dark side otherwise than the cookies.

Turns out Jabba's body was in the wreckage of his barge, and miraculously still on his throne. Turns out he'd gotten so fat they needed a mondo sized crane and struggling anti-gravs to lower him from his palace into the barge. Not even the exploding vessel was enough to dislodge his bulk. Underneath him they found, among other things, his last protocol droid, at least four previous Salacious Crumbs (turns out it was a name passed on after Jabba kept accidentally killing the previous ones) and a very flat Rotta the Hutt. Time to take his name off the blue milk cartons.

>Hoskins didn't release the T-Rex, now did he? The one chick did that after she already saw how horribly wrong using raptors went

Well, you seem to have a much better plan for trying to distract the Indominus, how would you have done it other than releasing a carnivore that's both nearby and just as large?

>As for the evacuation the movie never makes it clear where the last scene with the people takes place. We see medical staff and soldiers, both of whom would be sent in to the island to perform security and triage prior to evacuation.

It's off-island. Their whole goal was to evacuate the island fro mthe dangerous dinosaurs running around. Why would they bring medical staff over to the dangerous island full of dinosaurs running around?

Not to mention there's a fade in to the ocean and pan up to the island.

>But that doesn't matter because the T-Rex was released prior to the evacuation boats arriving anyway.

But it's confined to the park at the moment, everyone was evacuated to the docks, away from the dinosaurs.

All of the people were safely away from the rampaging dinosaurs at that point.

>the mosasaurus was able to burst out of its enclosure enough to pull a super-sized raptorrex into the water.
What exactly didn't make sense?

Heh poor Rotta

When are we gonna get the first sheevdrop on film or television, the palpatine museum on episode 9 of freemakers would have been a good opportunity has anyone analysed the aurobesh from it

>Well, you seem to have a much better plan for trying to distract the Indominus

user, the film could have provided any number of solutions. It chose to do T-Rex versus Indominus and chose to have one of the humans engineer it despite everything that has previously been said and learned about trying to use them as weapons. The moral of the story is apparently to treat animals with respect, don't use them as tools - unless it'll look super cool in a final climactic struggle which will work this time because it's the designated heroes using it and not the sinister military/corporate asshole.

>It's off-island. Their whole goal was to evacuate the island fro mthe dangerous dinosaurs running around. Why would they bring medical staff over to the dangerous island full of dinosaurs running around?

Do you not know what the word triage means? They have injured people on the island, of course they're bringing in medical staff! What they wouldn't need is people with machine guns strolling around a mainland hanger just waiting for families and lawyers to show up.

And showing the island at the end doesn't contradict that they were already on the island

>But it's confined to the park at the moment, everyone was evacuated to the docks, away from the dinosaurs.

What? The island is the park and the docks are part of the island. The people were still under threat when the Indominus was running around, the park is now much more open thanks to all the previous damage. The people were still under threat from any dinosaurs, including the flyers who were still at large. The movie never treated them as safe just because they were at the docks. In fact them still in jeopardy was a major plot point.

>What exactly didn't make sense?

You're seriously asking how a dinosaur being able to break out of it's containment is a problem, let alone a huge oversight design flaw from the park?

No wonder you can't understand what I'm trying to tell you.

This is beginning to look like a JP argument thread than a Star Wars thread.

>user, the film could have provided any number of solutions.

I didn't ask the film to. I asked you to. In the situation they are in in the film, what would you have done other than release a nearby giant dinosaur that would possibly be able to subdue the abomination dinosaur?

>And showing the island at the end doesn't contradict that they were already on the island

If they were on the island, why would it fade into the ocean and then pan up to the island other than to show that they were NOT on the island and that the film was returning to it for that end scene?

>What? The island is the park and the docks are part of the island.

The docks are separate from the main park. Did you miss the whole tram scene leading from the docks to the park?

>You're seriously asking how a dinosaur being able to break out of it's containment is a problem, let alone a huge oversight design flaw from the park?

It didn't break out, the Indominus broke the wall. Pay attention.

>No wonder you can't understand what I'm trying to tell you.

I'm not having that problem, you seem to be though. You also seem to be in need of a rewatch of the film if you're blatantly getting this many things wrong.

+1

Weak acting, dumb ideas, calling the resistance traitors..

You're right, so let's talk about something else

Now that Thrawn's in, you think we're gonna start seeing more Chiss (assuming he's still considered one), or are they gonna give some kind of explanation for why there don't seem to be many of his species around? Assuming, of course, that topic comes up at all

He will be the last of his species. All Chiss were wiped out by the Chosen Race Yuuzhan Vong.

Good fucking god, user.

I'd rather ask the writer to because this was a problem with the plot. You want ME to? That's nice but I'm not writing Star Wars, he is. That's why we were talking about the writer and not trying to, get this, make it personal.

The fade out doesn't mean anything about their location. It just shows a wide pan of the island. It doesn't mean jack shit about what you're trying to stretch it into.

And humans had hamster ball transport in other parts of the park. The dinosaurs don't care about human means of transportation.

And the Indominous was breaking through other enclosures. It was getting through parts of the park we know were sealed from each other. That's how it got to the herbivores. It even breached into the main tourist part of the island. You seriously think it wouldn't keep going? The movie flat out tells you you're wrong.

While I agree this is not a good discussion for the thread, at all, I still think it's more than fair to be worried about the writer. A lot of us haven't been happy with where the movies have gone in the Sequels. We want the others to pick it up from there and take it to better places. Things like this worry us, but we have a lot of time yet.

We're certainly not going to solve JW's problems here, or should, so probably best to drop the whole thing.

They probably were waiting for his reveal to put more Chiss into Star Wars since they now look different, more alien than before.

>Chosen Race

oy vey

I suppose, but from an in-universe perspective it is a bit odd that they've never shown up much before

I think in Legends they came from the Unknown Regions, so I wonder if they'll be sticking with that

It is best to just drop this, even though I could easily refute what you said.

Yeah. I mean they appeared in Commander but Thrawn is a more formal introduction into canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=48XWkN0jBQY
>ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY - Official International Trailer #1 (2016) Sci-Fi Movie HD
Some new footage in this one

One thing I noticed, Jyn's May the Force be with us line is different here than it was from the BTS reel.
I wonder if they redid the I rebel line as well?

BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU&feature=youtu.be&t=2m30s

New
youtube.com/watch?v=48XWkN0jBQY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m29s

We know from the Tarkin novel that Tarkin and Dooku interacted for a little bit. Now the question is if Grand Admiral Thrawn ever had any sort of contact with Galen Erso. I doubt it.

It's definitely different. The first time she said it, she sounded cocky. Now in this, it sounds right, like "Good luck" or "may God be with us" kind of thing.

Yup, it's way better

>I wonder if they redid the I rebel line as well?

Why is everyone so triggered by that line?

I have no idea. Seems perfectly normal for a character with her authority issues to be a smartass with authority figures.

My friend, it is of insufficient quality, in the Star Wars fandom they call it, "Fucking pure shit, holy fuck that was cringeworthy." Thus, they hate it so.

She sounded cocky, like the phrase itself had no weight to it because she was confident in her abilities.

Why is everyone so triggered by "I hate sand"?

Because it's coarse and it gets everywhere user.

Or it's pretty much because Hayden's tone while saying it was off, like he was reporting the weather, not like he talking about something he actually hates.

I always thought it was fine

Because he's not talking about something he hates. He's clumsily saying "I like being with you better than being where I was before."

youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY

Agreed.
It's something a socially awkward person would say to their crush.

That's kind of the point, she IS cocky.

People thought they were more or less supposed to agree with that sentiment because it came out of the main character's mouth. I mean, it's not like she's human and capable of saying stupid things.

Also Sup Forums thought it was agenda pushing, but y'know how it is. Cows go moo, sheep go baa, Sup Forums goes LIBERAL AGENDA.

This one's slightly more interesting. It sounds hokey, yes, and you can't blame people for laughing at it, but think of it this way. You're a celibate monk who's been living in a temple for the past ten years when you're suddenly reunited with the girl of your dreams who you haven't seen since you were nine years old, who you want desperately even though you know you can't have her. Was the first thing YOU said to your first crush any less stupid?

youtu.be/1JOUfAKQyf0

Which is why people hated it since the phrase means a lot in the Star Wars universe. She wast taking it for granted.

Look, I'm just going to say it once. I have bad memories about sand even if I wore a fucking t-shirts. Why do you think I have all these hoes and I abuse all of them? Because it's fun and it's revenge for what they did to me. Nobody calls me fat now, do they? FUCK SAND!

That works surprisingly well as a song

>Was the first thing YOU said to your first crush any less stupid?
I did pretty good.

D-does not saying anything at all count?

>all the original trilogy remixes

I can only get so erect

I feel like I'm alone but I hated Kylo Ren. There's nothing redeeming or memorial about his character. He feels like a walking punchline or joke character. His entire motivation is lost on me.

>t is best to just drop this, even though I could easily refute what you said.
Oh Thrawn, we know when you're bluffing. You haven't even seen user post any artwork yet.

Well, my friend, you were the exception.

You're not alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=66QaJFAj3PI

N-no. I didn't likelike her until we got to know each other

"I have devised a new weapon in my mental arsenal against his pitiful rebellion. I have learned to trace the memetic pathways of cultural thought and perception. Their own memes shall be their undoing!"

Two weeks later Tarkin gets a holocall. "Yeah, Grand Moff. This is Thrawn's Noghri bodyguard. Yes, sir, I'm surprised I'm calling too, being non-canon sucks. Anyway I'm calling to let you know that Thrawn has gone crazy. Well the doctor's specific diagnosis was 'cray-cray'. Yes, I hate Gungan physicians too. What? No, I can't put him on the holocomm. He just shouts, 'Tits or gee tee eff oh.' W-what was that? You will? Well pop 'em out now or gee tee eff oh!"

So I guess "Absolutely Everything You Need Know" is back to being Legends content again, like we knew, contrary to what StarWars.com or the Wook thinks.

twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/765218215123267585

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/764959709031862272

Well to be fair Leland Chee said it was considered canon so its not the Wook's fault

>StarWars.com
Thst was just a liveblog of a panel dude that's where Leland said that. Apparently he misspoke.

True, Leland did say that, and when I saw the liveblog a lot of people. including me, assumed the stance on it had changed. This just confirms that it hasn't changed.

But the Wook thought it was canon before the liveblog, and they still do. We know not only there are Legends elements in the book, but many errors has well. So I will roll my eyes at them.

The Wook used the JtTFA announcement which said all materials released undee it sre consideration and a different interview specifically about the book.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Star_Wars:_Absolutely_Everything_You_Need_to_Know

>undee it sre consideration
under it are considered canon

Fucking phone

Is that seriously what happened to Rotta? I have trouble accepting something so goofy and anti-climactic as that canon.

No you dip

This thread is lacking /ss/

But she's dead

This has brought to mind something that I wish I could have seen during the Clone Wars run:
A short Star Wars Jurassic Park style arc where the protagonists combat giant reptiles for like two episodes.

Like, if the plot returned to the Zillo Beast being cloned, but its genetic makeup made cloning it a pain in the ass, and there are all of these 'defects' (the soon to be rampaging space dinosaurs) that they have in stasis to figure out what they're doing wrong. And of something goes wrong, and they send in some clones, and they all die, so they send in some more clones which would be the team that we would follow.
It could even be a cloning lab set up on a remote jungle planet that takes cues from The Valley of Gwami, The Land That Time Forgot, and of course Jurassic Park. It wouldn't be at all important to the grand scheme of things, but it would be fun to watch, which is of course the most important thing.

Your point?

Ayy they reused the AAT laser sound effect for the Imperial tank

rebels its very contrarian, wasnt the jedi/sith cult a freaking relic during a new hope to the point no one believed on it no more?

Reminder
Space is just water

Where's Ben Burtt when you need him?

Goddamn those digits are impressive.
Good job, me.

No, I was just making a (pretty lame) joke.

People in the Star Wars galaxy have notoriously short term memories. The Jedi slipped back into myth and legend after Episode III despite the Jedi being generals in the first galaxy wide war in over a thousand years, and the Sith were supposed to be extinct too but people like Hondo knew of them and accepted their existence (maybe not the best example since Hondo can be a bit unstable).

We know from Bloodline that Luke is publicly a Jedi and credited with the defeat of the Emperor as well as the resurgent Jedi Order. To top this off then Vader is publicly revealed to be their father. But Rey thinks they're myth again. Though Jakku IS a backwater.

Episode 3's cg still holds up

I thought that Big Papa Sheev, in addition to Order 66, launched a campaign of disinfo and propaganda pretty much saying the Jedi were exaggerated or did not in fact exist, and anyone who spoke out against this was silenced. Though going by what Filoni and Pablo said, the majority of the Republic off of Coruscant didn't know much about jedi anyway, so they wouldn't have reason to doubt the new Emperor, whom Filoni and Pablo have also said the general citizenry cared about much more seeing as how he more directly affected their lives, and as far as they were concerned, had been nothing but a good and honest leader.

The CGI is still pretty damn good, especially for when it was made, but I will admit that a some of the composition shots combining actors and models and CG don't hold up too well, at least with modern HD screens.

10,000 Jedi, is but a drop in the bucket for a galaxy with hundreds of planets, and trillions of sentients. The vast majority would never encounter Jedi, and would likely have no reason to believe they were anything but myths.

However, there's always truth in legends.

What Clone Wars episode is this from?