Recent Purchases: Finally Fell for the 4K Meme edition

Recent Purchases: Finally Fell for the 4K Meme edition

Other urls found in this thread:

blu-ray.com/news/?id=21585
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enjoy your upscale.

you know that shit is free on the internet right?

For 4K I got Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Logan.
I'd get Rogue One in 4K but they never released a 4K version.

>getting scammed by blu-ray

hahaha get a load of this faggot. he actually pays money to buy movies

I'm about to go full contrarian and only buy physical copies of media on VHS, like this person already said on reddit
I can get stuff for free if I really want it.

Just need to get a VHS player

tfw

There are no free lunches

Nice. Have a few more 4K blurays, but I've officially committed to only buying 4K from this point forward.

You should scan in all the VHS tapes onto a Media Server running Plex.

Buy good movies, at least.

Fake 4k
Ghost in the shell
Oblivion
Lone Survivor
Now you see me
Now you see me 2
Hacksaw Ridge
Everest
Deepwater Horizon
3:10 to Yuma

Real 4k
Sicario
Lucy
Ex Machina

KEK you only have 3 true 4k movies

which player did you get

Running 3 Xbox One S's at the moment.

Picked these up for 3$.

What about HDR

>no planet earth 2 in 4k

any extra bonus content? deleted/extanded scenes, feature commentary, behind the scenes?

>ifunny
What does Sup Forums think of ifunny? This is the first I've seen it watermarked here.

>VHS player
...you mean a VCR?

Anyway, check out Goodwill, Savers / Value Village, Salvation Army, and so on. They always have them for $5 or $10.

kino

thinking about getting a good dedicated one.\? Like the oppo?

Yes, it's been a while ha

I've looked into the Oppos in the past, just not enough of an improvement to justify it, IMO.

Enjoy your scam, humans' eyes cannot see the difference over 720p

maybe poor peoples eyes

Lucy
Oblivion
Hacksaw Ridge
Deepwater Horizon

are the only ones i know for sure are HDR but i mean ifs its not true 4k plus HDR its kinda pointless to me

I need to get a better camera.

I haven't actually seen Argo, Fight Club, or Apocalypse Now before. Looking forward to them.

Any suggestions on future additions? I'm a big fan of political thrillers, dramas, westerns, war movies, historical stuff, etc.

Fucking youngfag pleb

Got this today, with the 4K Dong: Skull Island coming in the mail

GiTS was shot in 6K or some shit wasn't it?

I know

Damn, I really wanted the steelbook, but try to stay away from them now(have quite a few) so I can have consistency, especially among my 4K movies.

Might pick the steelbook up if it goes on sell later.

>only 2 of those movies are good
>3:10 and Everest

the master format is only 2k

>Ghost in the Shell, a movie that was released in theaters less than four months ago, has a blu ray release

Is there any point to paying theater prices anymore besides impatience?

There's honestly too much to recommend.

Start working your way down the imdb top 100, and then use that to help guide your tastes.

I've got a 4k screen on my phone. How do i watch UHD blurays on it?

Sure, if you don't mind shit compressed quality.

the most you have to wait now is like 5 months before it comes out on retail

kek

The man with no name trilogy
Letters from Iwo Jima, Thin Red Line, and Platoon
Master and Commander and Kingdom of Heaven

How is the quality on GitS?

Was going to grab a copy but then blade runner was announced for 4k.

>Is there any point to paying theater prices anymore besides impatience?

Some people like the theater experience. Some people also like to see movies on a huge screen, because lots of movies were specifically made with the assumption that you would be seeing it on that huge screen in mind. Then there's the whole quandary that if you use the internet and give a shit about any popular film that comes out, you'd better disconnect for those four months or you're going to be spoiled to hell and back.

But aside of those things, no.

I mean, the theater by my apartment is pretty nice. Much nicer than watching at home.

10$ gets you large electric recliners, assigned seating, beer (brought to your seat), and so on. They also have VERY cheap hot snacks - not as cheap as making your own, mind you, but still completely reasonable. Plus they have some new surround sound tech., and enhanced image quality.

It's a very pleasant experience.

fuck me I need that shit

Dark Knight is coming to 4K Blu-Ray soon, pretty hyped for that

But i want Interstellar also

All these fucking 70mm movies stuck at 1080p

I'd watch movies all the time if it wasn't 15$ a ticket
Hollywood can eat shit

Is this fucking real?

yes
blu-ray.com/news/?id=21585

Yup
There has been 4K screenshots of Bladerunner out of a while, pissed me off for the longest time

Post screens

OP BTFO

Lurk more faggot

The resoution of 4k doesn't do anything for me at my viewing distance, but the color space definitely does.
GitS will probably still look way better even though the res is upscaled.

ok

Rate my haul

Children of a lesser god is kino but it is probably pan and scan.

Why dont fags like you stay on reddit?

Are you post or pre-op

>dvds

>he doesn't know about remuxes

They look fine desu.

I actually really liked Deepwater Horizon. Are you a fan of Peter Berg OP? I thought Patriot's Day was really good. Very tactful, considering how touchy people might be about the subject matter.

The only two I haven't seen are Now You See Me 2, and 3:10 To Yuma. I think I'm going to pick up Sicario and Ghost in the Shell on Blu Ray once they drop in price a little.

>Real 4k

lol Enjoy your upscales.

No where near as good as 9gag or EBaums or other content thieves... er... hilarious websites.

>purchase a Blu-Ray disc drive to replace my computer's DVD one
>that's not enough and you also need to download fucking dedicated software to watch the disc
>finally use PowerDVD after trying a bunch of other shitty software

Should have just bought a standalone dedicated player. Why is it a hassle to play this stuff on a computer?

imagine being so fucking retarded as to not waiting until nigger friday to buy everything at $10 or less

>buying GitS for the visuals
>it is the Hollywood eyesore
>not the beautiful Oshii masterpiece

Don't you have to buy an expensive tv to get the full experience with those 4K blu rays?

GitS 2017 had great visuals, you fucking pleb

Nice, just got these this weekend for like 10 dollars.

Those are honestly all complete and utter trash for plebs. Holy shit. The absolute state of Sup Forums

Sicario
Lucy
Ex Machina

are true 4k source and master format dumbass hey are not upscalled

Forgot pic.

>The Room hiding in corner

UHD Blu-Rays are too little too late and are going to get stomped by streaming before 2020. The best ones right now have bitrates around ~70Mbit/s and the worst ones around 20Mbit/s. Netflix streams UHD at ~15Mbit/s right now and it will make available the AV1 codec in early 2018 which will give an effective quality of ~25Mbit/s (supposed to be 80% more efficient than H265). The alliance for open media is aiming for a rapid release of AV1's successor (AV2) in late 2018 or early 2019, this should push the effect bit rate close to 35Mbit/s when compared to H265 UHD Blu-Rays. All of this without even upping their bandwidth, if Netflix decides to make more bandwidth available these streams will be able to surpass the best UHD Blu-Rays with only a 2x increase in bandwidth. This should easily be possible since switches double in speed nearly every 18 months (the rate of improvement for switches has yet to slow down since they are not made on bleeding edge nodes) which in turn should decrease the price of bandwidth significantly by 2020.

How do studios get away with selling people 1080p videos stretched to 4k and why would they do it anyway with presumably most movies are shot on film or 4k digital these days anyway?

it probably saves them five seconds and a buck or two

kek

CG is still mostly done at 1080p and it has only been the last five years that 4k and above digital is the norm. It was not until 2013 when Black Magic finally released a 4k camera and DPs often like to stick to their gear. There are still movies being filmed with 2.5k/2.8k/3.2k cameras.

Nice. I've been trying to find a copies of Robocop and The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly that aren't completely destroyed, but I haven't had any luck.

most movies have a master 2k format that 2k gets upscalled to 4k 1080p does not get upscalled to 4k

r8 my criterion sale haul

I don't really see the point of buying these movies on VHS. I would look for more obscure stuff.

>he doesn't want fuzzy, low res image

nice. wish I could afford buying discs

Have not seen Day for Night, of the rest the Dekalog is the only one found worthwhile.

Thinking of getting a 4k tv eventually.

How does 1080p content look on it? Does it look as good as on a 1080p screen?

I mostly use a 1080p TV but my parents have a 4k one and I was surprised at how good 1080p/i content looked on it. It does look worse but it's nowhere near bad. And this is on a TV that's not calibrated so you could probably get it to look better if you went through the settings.

looks fine, modern scalers are excellent

Nice. Thanks

how much for Dekalog and where?

All criterions are 50% at Barnes and Noble and Dekalog was $50

Rate my haul
total cost 80 dollars
a local pawn shop was clearing out DVD, it was suppose to be 2 for a dollar, but I think the guy counting them all might have missed a few

fuck

a picture from the store

FFuuuuck
Was hoping for amazon. Its about $85 bucks if i send it to Tacoland.

is this picture 14 years old?

some of these are really good

others, not so much