Who or what enforces road rules in a Libertarian society? Or child safety laws for that matter

Who or what enforces road rules in a Libertarian society? Or child safety laws for that matter.

The people who built and own the roads.

Whoever builds the road?

Nobody builds roads in libertarian society.

The road won't need rules because no one will be able to go past 10mph anyway. Kinda efficient

Only weak children die. The strong survive.

Roads are not needed. It's a Utopia (((REMEMBER)))! Everyone has hover cars.

So if the owner of the road says go nuts, and chooses to enforce no rules, Who's responsible for the hundreds of deaths?

The people who fuck up and cause them, obviously. If you give people something and they abuse it, then they're at fault.

The police. Why do you retards keep confusing anarchy with libertarianism?

No rules are needed. People driving on his roads are breaking NAP. They should get shot!

So there are no road laws or stop signs, a fuel tanker rolls into rush hour traffic, explodes and kills hundreds. Is everyone who dies responsible?

They anarcho-libertarians senpai

The owner of the road is responsible.

They aren't if he gives permission to use his roads. Also you seem to imply that everyone will immediately resort to lethal violence, and dismiss entirely that they could simply be asked to leave.
>Fuel tankers
>Randomly exploding for no reason
>Killing the hundreds of people who love tho stand around a crowded intersection

Probably because they know libertarianism through Molyneux. Probably because he conflate libertarianism with anarchism. Probably because anarchists are always "not real libertarians."

The people who own the roads pay policing companies to provide policing on the road.
They do this because accidents and damage caused by accidents to the roads pisses off their customers.
They're paid with money taken from road usage fees, and some of it is made back through fines.

So identical to a government, just with no oversight or legal accountability?

Who holds a government accountable in the first place?

The police you straw manning idiot you are thinking of anarchism

Depends how far you take your capitalism

Drivers. Parents.

He's right you know.

Yeah, let's let people police themselves. What could go wrong.

Libertarianism =/= Pure Capitalism

Well at some point you have gone beyond libertarianism and into an-capism. Usually you would count the cutting of some of the most basic and long lasting government organizations like police/sheriffs/others as a good point to set a line. My personal brand of libertarianism is pretty much the idea that if it doesn't cause quantifiable harm to another, then it should be legal.

Violating the NAP is illegal and wouldn't be done by anyone ever :DDDDDD

But then, the roads. No true libertarian wants those.

>Not buying guns to defend yourself

The same people who enforce them now, which is to say, no one but you can stop yourself from speeding.
Government only punishes infractions and catches people in the act of breaking such rules.
Any private person or organization can do that.
Can you trust this organization not to be corrupt ?
No you can't, but you can say the same for the government's forces currently employed to perform this function.
Everything the government does, the people can do for themselves.

>child safety laws
Fucking statist bootlicker get out

Nice 5 rounder, cuck

Because it take more than 5 seconds to pop the rivet out. At least I'm not Californian, Jew Yorker, or Illinois.

>child
>safety
>laws
Literally fucking gommunism. The tree of liberty has to be washed with blood and sweat of child slaves.

In that case I'll go drive on the road build by a competing road company that doesnt want to kill their customers and therefore enforces basic traffic rules. Let the niggers and other retards drive on anarchyTM roads and kill themselves.

Nobody. Everybody'll be dead so it doesn't matter. What do pacifists do? Old women? YAY MUH TAI CHI! OOPS IM DEAD

Nobody builds roads in lolbergville. Muh condo fees

So you will be enforcing child safety and road rules with your gun against yourself?

>libertarianism is anarchy

nice meme

>and chooses to enforce no rules, Who's responsible for the hundreds of deaths?
Nobody will drive on his road.
Insted they will build another road with better rules.
Free market competition.

The real issue is science though.
Scientific investments are the longest term investments ever with the smallest profit margin.
Science and research is fucked with Libs.

How does one own anything in lolberg land. I wanna steal yer shit. Mmkay. If no mmkay then we're all pirates. Are people stupid? It exists today though. Fiat. Money.

No, I'll be using my gun to enforce the rules on the road that I own, on the odd time when the security company I hire can't ship a guy own to do it for me, or when I just want to save a few extra bucks.
>Also once again, AnCap=/=Libertarianism.

Muh fantasy boat

>. I wanna steal yer shit. Mmkay. If no mmkay then we're all pirates.

defensive force is not piracy

But i have freedom in satan's englightenment land now. I want your shit

then I have freedom to use defensive force when you initiate coercion

All you've done is strawman out the ass, and just insult people when you're given the kick you deserve. You still have that slight issue where you conflate Anarcho-Capitalism with Libertarianism.

Aaaand we're all pirates. Kthxbai
No. I dont want offensive weapons let's say. Rather than a negative action my being a freed thief let's make it positive. I'f be dead in 5 seconds. Nice shitshow. Why is the right defended? It's so garbage and useless. Even the refugees are here cuzza you. But i know you're paid

Local government.

>No. I dont want offensive weapons let's say. Rather than a negative action my being a freed thief let's make it positive. I'f be dead in 5 seconds. Nice shitshow. Why is the right defended? It's so garbage and useless. Even the refugees are here cuzza you. But i know you're paid
Can you make be do an English so I can actually understand you? You don't want people to own guns, is that what you're trying to say? If they aren't harming you, or anyone else, what's wrong with it?

What do pacifists do in lolbergland?

Get robbed and hope the criminal has the same convictions they do, or otherwise hire people to protect them. Like some sort of force they could call to come in a protect them. Maybe they could even have a hotline. All you would need to do is take a little off of each paycheck to pay for it.

>Libertarian is the same as AnCap
I'm so tired of this meme.

Police, mostly. Taxation is theft if your money isn't used on yourself, but if it is, then it's not really theft, is it?

your feudal overlords (2%> of wealth)

Libertarian society is an oxymoron.

The only road in and out of your mountain town is owned by a small company that services rural villages with the local touch.

That company is bought by Roads International who doesn't give a fuck about you, fires everyone from Local Roads, and doesn't know how to maintain mountain roads anywhere near as well. The road goes to shit and becomes a death trap.

Building a new road will cost millions of dollars that could never be recouped in a hundred years considering how few people use the road. Local Roads didn't even build the road they owned, just inherited it from the now-defunct state when it was auctioned off. And if you try then Roads International will ban you from their road and all road-construction-related traffic, and good luck hiking however many millions of tons of asphalt across the mountain range to an inopportune site (remember: Roads International owns the good cuts and passes and their road is already there, so your road will be longer, more difficult to build and maintain, and take even longer to become profitable).

What do you do? Move? Leave your ancestral home and way of life behind because greedy capitalists are fucking you over? That sounds like something that might generate some unrest, especially because you're old enough to remember how it used to be when the state was in charge and you didn't have to move province because Roads International is fucking you over and you have no legal recourse.

Sure, this is a pretty specific example, but imagine this kind of inconvenience writ across a million different people's everyday lives in a million different spheres of life.

>Implying the free market doesn't do better R&D than the government when motivated by profit
Hearty KEK there

Pacificists IN THE REAL WORLD aren't magically absolved of violence--violence is done on their behalf by their government and its monopoly on force. There is no such thing as a pacifist--just privileged idealists who contract out their violence to the govt. Nice try tho.

The free market refines existing technologies. It does very little blue-sky research.

But it's not like the government does much blue-sky research anyway.

>Anarcho-Capitalism with Libertarianism.

Anarcho-capitalism is libertarianism taken to its logical conclusion.

Anyway it is all moronic. I wasted 4 years of my life on that bullshit.

There are no such things as "rights" or "property". They are fictitious social constructs.

Force and coercion are not inherently bad or wrong. There is no right or wrong. Might makes right.

Government is not inherently bad nor good. Government is like a gun. In a bad person's hand it is bad, in a good person's hand it is good.

Capitalism is killing our society. Next time you see a fag pride parade or some new feminist cause or trend being promoted, check who actually sponsors it. Leftists are all corporate/globalist/capitalist dupes. Cultural Marxism is a hoax. It is actually Cultural Capitalism.

Libertarianism is degenerate cancer.

Nice unsupported assertion there, fuckwit. Care to actually not be retarded and explain yourself?

At last, you truly see.

>policing companies
Who would hold these people accountable if they stole your money?

Examples? Especially non-DoD related?

Libertarianism is an anti-social individualist ideology. In the mind of the average autistic libertarian there is no such thing as a society. We are all just individuals living near each other and engaging in voluntary transactions with one another with no deeper than that.

Commies say the stupidest things some times

Capitalism is the worst economic system except for every other system.

The problem killing usisnt capitalism, it's corporate personhood removing human accountability and funding political careers.

I can't do this

The polio vaccine.

Imagine how much money could have been made off that. It would have rocketed any company off the charts. And imagine the brand recognition, the brand loyalty. It would be everything. A generation of people would remember your company as the company that saved America.

But all the research was government-led and government-funded, because nobody knew if it was possible or how hard it would be. Despite the huge payoffs and the critical importance of the research the simple stigma of "maybe it's not possible, maybe it can't be done" was enough to shy away all private investment.

The only way you can throw money after hopes and dreams of a better world is if it's not your money, and the government is very good at wasting things that don't belong to it. The thing about blue sky research is that it's a waste until you find something.

So if I die, what happens to the road ?

But there is no such thing as society.

Can you put one on a plate?

>if it doesn't cause quantifiable harm to another, then it should be legal.
The definition of a degenerate society.

How do people like you exist

Your rights end where my feelings begin and etc etc. I think people just love to cry and hear and smell farts

Yeah big mr israel

>roads

>Damn they've pointed out that violence is inherent to life and that even by saying I don't like it, it still will always exist, and there will always be people willing to commit violence both against me and on my behalf.

>Libertarianism is capitalism.

You deserve to lose your freedom and society if you are this retarded. Enjoy 8 years of Hillary.

>I think people just love to cry and hear and smell farts
Is that an old Canadian saying?

>Can't understand the basic fact that all of human existence relies on bringing force to bear on those who would seek to harm you

Whatever will we do without you in this conversation... away with you

More completely baseless assertions, strawmen everywhere. The tendency of libertarians to value the individual over the collective in NO way precludes the existence of a robust civil society.

>The definition of a degenerate society.
You'd best be joking nigger. You'd have plenty of capabilities to explain why such and such behaviours are bad or immoral. If people decide not to listen to you, that's they're choice.

>roads
>rules
>Libertarian society

In Germany if you drive on the Autobahn over 130 km (or at least this was the case 10 years ago) your insurance is not valid and any accidents come out of your own pocket.

Kind of makes you think.

Then I'm going to pay a militia to kill you all and take all the wealth to myself.

Sorry, I prefer capitalism where I can let the people who enjoy killing do the killing and I can do my own thing.

Go fuck yourself. The name and meme of your impure shiteology was soundly defeated. In summation yours is now stop liking what i dont like
I dont know you had versatile anal with france one day and shat us out and america and the latter called CPS on you

Are you a halloween character

...so what's the case now, or even recently...

>Who or what enforces road rules in a Libertarian society?
The same people that enforce road rules in a Capitalist society, or any society. Cops. You retards act like roads and other basic shit just cease to exist. They'll just be privatized.

Nice single example.

Japan thrives with little to no government funding of research and places that did it a lot like the USSR are shitholes. Not sure where this meme of government research being essential to technological development came from. Important inventions that changed modern life like the transistor and air conditioning were all private projects.

I'll take that as a no then.

As you should because you talk like an idiot

>The tendency of libertarians to value the individual over the collective

Individuals ARE worth less than the collective. Individualism is an insane way to look at life.

>stop liking what i dont like

Fucked if I know. I no longer live there.

>You'd have plenty of capabilities to explain why such and such behaviours are bad or immoral. If people decide not to listen to you, that's they're choice.

I do not understand how an adult can believe something this retarded. We all live in a society together. Your bad choices effect everybody else. Your friends, family, co-workers, people you share the road with, etc. We aren't islands. Like it or not we are part of a system bigger than ourselves.

Individualism = mental illness.

Good example. So, it's a Schrodinger's Cat argument at best--we can't possibly now how/when the free market would've done it. I see where you're coming from--I just see the out-of-the-blue things the free market has brought us as the overwhelming majority of important innovations that we use day-to-day.

>Can't formulate a reasonable counterargument, so, in my incredible hubris, rather than consider that I may be wrong, I'm going to make the Jon Oliver argument and just loudly express disdain.
KILL
YOURSELF

>They'll just be privatized.

Why would you want to do this? Public roads work. If it ain't broke.....