Kino and the two strings

>Kino and the two strings

Probably going to flop financially though because not muh capeshit for le nerds, not muh Dreamworks for the kids, no muh Minions' humor for parents

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8hUOKjy-9-o
nerdist.com/behind-the-scenes-of-laikas-kubo-and-the-two-strings/
theguardian.com/film/2016/aug/12/kubo-and-the-two-strings-review-charlize-theron-laika-animation
youtube.com/watch?v=AWMyKZyIFnA
theguardian.com/film/2016/aug/10/sausage-party-review-seth-rogen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Laika will literally never catch a break

Yeah Laika is used to it by now.

Hell, Coraline is the only one of their films that made any cash for them.

Also going to flop because of little to no advertising. I haven't even heard of this movie.

what movie?

decent advertising of it in montreal

>post your face when this gets beaten by Sausage Party

>While my Guitar Gently Weeps from the trailer actually a cover by Regina Spektor

youtube.com/watch?v=8hUOKjy-9-o

Instrumental when?

>Doesn't get released until mid-September over here

P-please don't spoil

I usually leave CN on in the background and I see a commercial for it every other break, including little 'shorts' talking about things like how Kubo can make over 3 million facial expressions and they constructed the largest ever stop motion character for this movie. I'm pretty hype for it, actually.

every time i've seen an animated movie recently, the 2 strings has played before it. also there were a pretty decent number of billboards for it in LA

Can humans even do that many facial expressions?

Sup Forums we've been through this.
The father of the man who owns Laika owns Nike.

Everything will be fine.

Laika's theatrical work is almost entirely for the art. They have advertising work and the Papa Nike to support them financially.

>a dead art form
>aimed only at the art school crowd
Smells like box office success to me.

Is Regina is #1 waifu?

It's on TV all the time and I have seen several bus side advertisements.

Fucking travis knight
This movie could flop hard but becuse of travis, who is swimming in daddy money
It doesnt matter how hard this movie will flop everything would be alright

Reminder that you could support Laika by purchasing more Nike shoes.

Been looking forward to this all Summer. Hitting the theater after work Friday.

I suppose they are intermediate shots for changes of facial expressions actually.

I've seen an ad for it before every movie I've seen this year except maybe Deadpool.

I'm going to shill the fuck out of this movie to everyone i know. We need to word of mouth this bitch.

I have no idea. Apparently they used a ton of 3D printing for faces, which is a very smart idea.

Have you lost the ability to communicate without memes?

Saw this while I was trying to verify the fact. Looks like they count eye and brow movement as different expressions. This article gives the number at 48 million, actually. nerdist.com/behind-the-scenes-of-laikas-kubo-and-the-two-strings/

>They digitally remove the seam lines for the faces
Neat.

>the only negative review is from a neckbeard who didn't like religion being in a movie

>They complained that the animation was too good
It's like they got Sup Forums to review it.

>The Director and the studio behind this movie have made ParaNorman in the past
Make me hype about it but is this me or the movie looks like CGI and not Stop Motion like ParaNorman?

Isn't the guy who runs Laika in a crazy wealthy family who pretty much only makes these movies as a hobby?

It's stop motion, but APPARENTLY it's too good and it seems like CGI.

theguardian.com/film/2016/aug/12/kubo-and-the-two-strings-review-charlize-theron-laika-animation
>kids' movie equivalent of a plate of vegetables
>Kids' movie equivalent of something that's good for you

I don't get what he's saying here

Nah, it's just "counterintuitively, too good"

>It's stop motion, but APPARENTLY it's too good and it seems like CGI.

It's a stereotype that kids don't like vegetables.

This will flop so hard. Might skip school one of the day.

Oh god, yes

youtube.com/watch?v=AWMyKZyIFnA

It'll flop because like all Laika movies, it'll just be 'good'

People are going to come out satisfied, but not dazzled like they were with Zootopia or Dragons 2 or even frozen
It'll be just like every other Laika movie, it'll look amazing and be beautiful but thats about it, nobody will care aside from people who think animation quality = amazing movie

we'll end up having to listen to people drone on about how amazing and underrated it is because DAT ANIMATION for months

So, he's like the better version of the Golan Brothers? Goddamn, I'm loving him even more.

> a family film that indoctrinates an irrational belief system just because it’s novel. It’s one thing to say “this is what some people believe”, but another to say, as this film does, “this is the way”.
I can guarantee that this movie does not accurately portray Shinto in any way, but merely uses its aesthetics to create an exotic fantasy world. I'm pretty sure no one was up in arms that Brother Bear was indoctrinating children into Native American animism when it was released.

I say weeks

Looking up this guy's other reviews, he really is a fedora tipper.
theguardian.com/film/2016/aug/10/sausage-party-review-seth-rogen
>Seth Rogen...packages up a flavoursome atheist message

>Seth Rogen...packages up a flavoursome atheist message

I dunno, you can still hear people talking about how amazing The Book of Life was despite it having one of the most boring stories in any modern kids movie

Does it really shock you that someone who looks like this would describe vegetables as a bad thing?

No one was up in arms over Brother Bear because it came out 16 years ago when no one cared about shit like that.

I still think that Paranorman is a legitimate good movie and the animation is just a bonus. Didn't care any for boxtrolls and i know alot of people that love coraline as a favourite movie.

Tbh most people on Sup Forums will probably watch it online too. I don't see many people being interested in this

I love this woman, she has such a great voice

toppest kek

To keep myself tethered
To the days I tried to lose

If you fuckers spoil this movie for me I will track you down and murder you irl.

He was the kind of kid who had hot dogs and kraft dinner for every meal.

Just don't go to any Kubo threads until you see it, I doubt there will be too many threads so avoiding them shouldn't be too hard.

Kubo actually has six strings at the end

you missed the end credit scene where he switches to a twelve string guitar

At the end of the sequel he has a 21 string sitar

It's literally the only good movie to come out this month though. After so many parents fucked up with Sausage Party they're probably going to try and make up for it by taking their kids to this instead.

Christian Chandler is that you?

>After so many parents fucked up with Sausage Party
link? Sounds hilarious.

haven't seen anything about this before but this looks amazing. Thanks, going to see this now

It's Laika. Of course it will flop. It'll still be fun.

I was already going to the movies this Friday with my sister, might check this out since she's already seen SS and the only other option is Bourne.

I've never met or even heard of a single person, even a king fedora, who got buttmad over Shinto before.

Will this movie have any cute girls? This is important.

Laika could give less of a shit about its box office reception. Everythings funded by Nike. Its actually really awesome because they don't have to play it safe.

This
The only Laika run out of money is if Nike suddenly go bust.

It has a monkey and some sort of witch in a mask.

Anyone got lewds of the masked villains from the trailer yet?

Masks are muh fetish

Did Nike buy Laika out of for some sorta business deal? I don't really see how a shoe company would want a somewhat obscure animation company.

Monkeys are literally the opposite of cute girls. Maybe the witch will eb good.

The guy who runs Laika's dad owns Nike, and pretty much bought Laika for him

Ah ok. Good thing the Nike money will be able to keep them going,

Yes.

What if Travis Knight just decides to get a new hobby? Or dies?

Interesting. Hope the movie does well anyway.

The only spoiled rich brat in the world that will be spared on the day of the rope.

Well, if you like milfs Kubo's mom is pretty cute.

Too bad I'm too old to go to a movie like this alone, and don't have any young relatives to take with me.

>Too bad I'm too old to
And yet your balls still haven't dropped

I've tried going to kids movies solo twice before, and they both managed to take the top spots for the worst movie theater experience of my life. I'm not going to bother added another to that list.

Go with a friend? I went to Zootopia alone and there was a group of like five 20 year olds there.

>Sup Forums buzzwords

Great, now we can't even discuss animated films without you faggots shitting everything up.

>20 year old
If I was that young I wouldn't think twice. No, I'm at that age where all my friends are married with kids, or work full time, or bother. I don't have friends to take to a movie like this.

I'll give you a tip. When going to a kids movie, don't be
>fat
>scrubby
>long-haired (especially rat-tails)
>wearing cargo shorts and a trench coat
And again, if you have no young relatives, just go with a friens or two. If you respond to that with >friends then I think you have bigger problems.

>they both managed to take the top spots for the worst movie theater experience of my life

There's gotta be a story here. I went to see ParaNorman alone and I was fine. Then again, I'm a youthful looking guy.

>18 reviews
>17 fresh
>The one guy who gave it a rotten score was a fedoratheist who has a hateboner for spiritualism
Still mad.