On track to make less than Wonder Woman

>On track to make less than Wonder Woman
>Won't even come close to 300m domestically
>Could very well end up making the least worldwide of the Spider-Man film series, and 2nd least domestically
Why did it flop lads? Surely RDJ and all the glowing reviews should've made it a guaranteed billion

Because Its the third diferent version of a hero in such a short period of time...now fuck off

>RDJ is a guaranteed billion meme
This needs to stop. Three of the four MCU movies that surpassed a billion were Avengers movies (Civil war counts) Iron Man 3 was a fluke as it came out right after The First Avengers

MCU shill SEETHING

>Two biggest superheroes in the world
>RDJ
>Marvel Disney
>Critically acclaimed
>SJW money
>intensive shilling
>0 competition
>Will make less than Wonder Woman

How did it fail?

>spiderman not even on the picture

>Why did it flop lads?

>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy Sup Forums Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.

Are you Fucking retarded?
I am shitting then because of the shitty spiderman second unecessary reboot

this

To many """""minorities"""""

2nd reboot since Raimi, a set of films which still don't feel too old.
Cinematic universe that's bringing waaay too much baggage to each movie.
SJW bullshit.
The movie is meh.

nah man, it was just "diverse"

Why do low IQ plebs think larry fong is good?

"Diverse" just means less white people

Here is a hint: normies dont care.

Is more right...franchise fatigue is finally happening.Even if Thor becomes good i predict the similar result of homecoming.

>>>/drumpf/

Best answer so far

This

>a cast of 90% blacks is what leftists consider diverse

>normies dont care
Moana also underperformed for having fat brown characters

Holy shit, 90% black. That's so diverse.

>muh white people

this
also this
Iron Man is dead. Ever since Age of Ultron came out the popularity shifted heavily towards to Captain America and now especially after Civil War he is far and away the most popular MCU character. Everyone knows it but disney apparently.

But besides RDJ, they thought posting Zendaya all over the trailers would attract people, and she is just not that big of a name as they think she is. She wasnt even the most popular actress on her original disney show. Donald Glover being featured also wasnt a great move, since just like his rap career he generates a lot of hype but not a lot of attention when it really matters.
Meanwhile, they had Michael Keaton right fucking there and they barely marketed him. I guarantee you if the trailers had featured more Vulture this movie would be making bank right now. People love Keaton and the Batman audience would come in droves to see him another cape film.

can you imagine a world 100% diverse? hate, wars and crime would be a thing of the past

>Could very well end up making the least worldwide of the Spider-Man film series
Not saying much, literally every Spider-Man movie made less than the one before it.

>black shool news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
nice try cuckposter but that never happened. He tried to ask her on a date and she said she already had one. Thats all that happened.

Everything else you said is totally true though

>normies dont care
o rly?

>macking
>ask her on a date
>reeeee not the same
do you have autism or leftism?

There was far more hype surrounding this particular film than either of the previous two though
arguably even more than Spider Man 3

>autism or leftism
>implying there's a difference

i believe the term you are looking for is "hitting on"
I always have heard macking as slang for kissing

Exactly this, this movie was literally perfection except for the casting.

Bought and paid for by the Jews, what's your point conserve-a-cuck?

dat gaslighting doe

Not enough diversity. Plus a boring, stale, white male lead.

Macking a chick is hitting on

what gay speech? Seen it yesterday and I don't remember that..

>Why did it flop lads?

You know why. Too many niggers.

>muh pasta
This is why DCFags keeping being suggested for ban from Sup Forums to a new containment board like the pony fags

Tom Holland is perfection

Aunt May catches Peter without a shirt on in his room with Ned. She basically brushes it off and implies it's okay if they were engaging in homosexual activities

>Sup Forums
who cares

and... this is wrong?

I don't think that minor thing was part of it flopping
also I'm in the same mindset, I want to gay Tom

Sup Forums besides Sup Forums is litteraly the most Redd*t board on here. Who gives a shit

>be me, chinese currently living in mainland
>tell every other chink I know that the actor playing Spider-Man is a homo
>spread the gossip on weibo
I hope this catches on and it gets blacklisted.

nope

Why are DC "fans" so obsessed with Homecoming?

And by "DC fans" I mean this one pathetic samefag that posts this shit literally every day, several days a week.

cringe

Extremely retarded casting aside, I got some decent feel of the 90's cartoon at times while watching it. And then there were shitty scenes like obligatory american frat party and pointless middle of the movie.

I liked Vulture design too

DC has an army of shills to fix the public perception of their movies

>>Won't even come close to 300m domestically

It will pass it. But not by much. Will probably end up making what Suicide Squad did. At the same time Homecoming has made a little but less but it's legs are stronger. It won't beat BvS though. That was just 1 mil shy of 300 at the same point in time

That's what happens when you try to force diversity and blm propaganda.

That's just 1 reason. Sup Forums really wants to pretend black MJ didn't turn people off for some reason.

people are shocked the debut film of a golden age female icon made more than the third reboot of the most tired, abused comic franchise?

were you shocked when scream made more money than jason goest to space?

stop with your victim complex
you were all over bvs for the same reason, but guess who made more money?

>Here is a hint: normies dont care.

You're wrong. Normies just don't sperg about it on the internet.

>90s cartoon
Elaborate please. In that cartoon Peter was a bulky tough guy and not a literal twink like the one in Homecoming

Oh please, people here and literally everywhere predicted WW to be the flop of the century. The revisionism is hilarious.

Literally all that matters about box office numbers is whether the film did well enough to get a sequel, which this did. They already announced 2 more. Stay mad, OP.

RDJ being a guaranteed billion makes no more sense than Chris Evans being a guaranteed billion.

If anything 2/3 CA films made a billion and only one Iron Man film did

>the third reboot of the most tired, abused comic franchise?

Batman is rebooted more though. This is an excuse. Especially since we also have Lego Batman

Nope, it'll either be rebooted AGAIN, or Spidey will just resort to being a side character in MCU flicks

>If anything 2/3 CA films made a billion and only one Iron Man film did

Now this is mental gymnastics

The only MCU movies that made over $1 billion were the ones with RDJ in it. That's why he's being paid $200 million for Infinity War.

Yeah he is not buff, but he is a kid, and pretty ottermode aswell.

Its hard to put my finger on it, but I had that feeling of just spiderman goofing around, fighting monster of the week, sometimes meeting other super heroes and having quick chats with them but they werent more than for a couple of minutes on the screen.

Even the quips werent as obnoxious as I was expecting them to be.
First/Second/Third acts could just as well be separate tv episodes pretty much.

>tfw Keaton did this instead of Kong
>tfw we go for your health gags instead

Because other than 'HURR WE MCU NAO" it brought nothing new to the table.

These movies have been done into the ground. Seriously what kind of new story hook did BAKA have to get people into the theater....oh right, there wasnt one.

The Rock went to DC
look at Marvel post "Rock went to DC"
>Iron Fist
awful, critics hate it

>GotG2
does well BUT fails to break a billion which is what was expected

>Wonder Woman
literally Queen of Summer

>SpiderFlop
does embarrassingly bad

The Rock's Mojo went to DC. Everyone in the industry knows this. He gave so much of his star power that his Raunchy Summer comedy didn't do as well as expected but he'll be back and make a billion with Jumanji. DC is already planning to have him play Black Adam (in Shazam movie) and Lobo (in MoS2)

Tom holland is so fucking cute

>4000000 marvel flicks
>zero cultural impact on the level of Harley Quinn in universally panned Suicide Squad
why is Marvel so Artless?

yellow monkey you will submit to the chosen people

>Lego Batman
unironically better than TDKR and BvS

Moana was actually good though.

A lot of tired franchises are doing more down-to-earth TV style movies and it's really working. New Spidey is an example for sure, and so was Star Trek Beyond. Also helps that each of those series are most recognizable from TV too.

How much does homecoming needs to make for it to be considered "not a flop"?

I think it was that this was the third reboot in 15 years and they rebooted this one just because the actor didn't come to a sony party and embarrassed the head of sony or some dumb shit.

The diversity here isn't really out of place considering spiderman lives in queens and was basically just there to distinguish this film form the last sequel that was only released 3 years ago.

Sony are so shit, they are doing to spiderman what marvel did to comics a few years ago trying to reboot things every 1.5 years.

it was ok

The chinks eat this shit up
Wait till it gets to china

Thats a good question because both Amazing Spider Man movies did pretty well. I think even the 2nd on was at 700+ million.

If it gets to China. The fact that the Chinese have to save it is still pretty sad

With RDJ expectations were probably very high. I imagine anything less than 800 would be considered worrisome especially since Sony want their own universe out of this.

Thats what they tried w the last Star Trek movie, they even had a chinese production company invested in it... but it only hit like 35 million or something.

How much did the manlet get paid for 10 minutes?

>The diversity here isn't really out of place considering spiderman lives in queens and was basically just there to distinguish this film form the last sequel that was only released 3 years ago.

The diveristy isn't the issue. Race swapping is. I know Marvel has come out and said "Shes not really MJ guiez!" but the fact is she has the initials MJ, she says people call her MJ means there will not be a white MJ in these films because of the backlash.

Honestly I couldn't tell you but actors don't get paid by the minute. Marlon Brandon was the highest paid actor in Superman and he's in that less than RDJ is in this

RDJ's pay is always ridiculously high (see $200M for Infinity War) so I expect something around $50M for this.

People don't want to look at ugly shitskins. Who knew?

I think we are hitting the beginnings of super hero/franchise fatigue. All the long running franchises are not making as much money.
I do think forced diversity and politics in movies is hurting it as well.

>The diveristy isn't the issue. Race swapping is. I know Marvel has come out and said "Shes not really MJ guiez!" but the fact is she has the initials MJ, she says people call her MJ means there will not be a white MJ in these films because of the backlash.

Her fucking name is Michelle. She's not Mary Jane, Mary Jane comes later this was like a 90s style flick but, more comic like. Did you even know that Peter dated or liked more than one girl that wasn't MJ??!

Sup Forums doesn't read comics part 2.

>literally the first movie ever made with Batman and Superman together
vs
>the sixth Spider-Man movie in 15 years

Sup Forums doesn't read literal garbage for children? Oy vey

she's clearly replacing mary jane

>"Diverse" just means less white people

sure thing, bud

1: It's ANOTHER fucking Spiderman movie.
2: It's the SAME formula they've used for every superhero movie.
3: For some reason they casted all the recognizable comic book characters as """minorities"""". So comic book fans won't even fucking like this.
4: It's shit. Just look at Flash Thompson.

My girlfriend enjoyed black MJ. It works for some.

mainly
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy Sup Forums Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech
people are tired of the sjw bullshit

>Sup Forums

You don't have to be from Sup Forums to know there wont be a white MJ if a black girl has already taken that name. Shes not Mary Jane to keep people like you satisfied. But for all intents and purposes she is MJ now

WHY DID THEY DO THIS