/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation Edition

pastebin.com/4zF1PBay/

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3aR_CAyMmQ
youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can i get ya a saki?

david lunch lol

no sank u

post cute

these threads fill up faster than a Dougie urinal

Yellowface? Not cool.

g-guys should this have been in the press kit?

is Candie giving anybody else Lil vibes? Where everything she does is some kind of coded blue rose related message? Just that nobody can read her properly?

Gordon Cole is gonna run into her and she's gonna do her spiel and he's gonna know exactly what she's saying. People are trying to draw correlations between Dougie and her, and maybe it really is that simple.

It was a different time.

>Dougie Jones
>Dougie
>Doug
>Dougpa
You think about that, /tpg/.

>Dougie Jones
>Douglas Jones
>Douglas
>Douglas Milford, the key to all of this
You think about that, /tpg/.

sour

why those threads are always the same? and everytime i ask about something that i didnt understand on the episode, they just call me stupid and "lynched"

Can we talk about this? Some anons mentioned it a few threads ago and I just watched it tonight.

It was actually better than I thought it would be, for being standard TV movie affair. Clancy Brown was actually really good at portraying David Brown. I felt so bad for Patti though, especially near the middle with the pregnancy and then her friend fucking David too.

we're like 40 generals in, do some fucking research chris bores.

ʲᵘᵈʸ

What didn't you understand?
I'll try to help you son

HELL GOD BABY DAMN NO

>Candie is blonde
>Laura Palmer is blonde
>Candie is weird
>Laura Palmer is weird
>Candie is a literal whore
>Laura Palmer is a literal whore
>When Candie is split, it turns into Can Die
>We know Laura Palmer is capable of dying
Guys, I think I'm onto something.

Seeing Sheryl Lee getting abused when Patti deserved it way less than Laura in TP did made me sad

>We know Laura Palmer is capable of dying
maybe not

Dick Laurent is dead.

Laura Palmer isn't dead, MIKE switched her with her replica (like Dougie) and put the real Laura in the Black Lodge

Part 1 was fucking weird and so stilted compared to where we're at now. I have to imagine it was completely intentional, because it makes this Odyssey feel like even more of a trip than it has been, because not just is the story moving along but the more it comes together, the more life and sound there is to it.

Part 1 was so dry, ridiculously so. Hardly any music whatsoever, scenes that meandered but without charm, the opening scene after the Cooper intro is literally a voyeuristic nature documentary type shot of Jacoby picking up shovels, and the camera and framing is so far away that you can't pick up any nuances to it whatsoever.

It's so bizarre. It started out so lifeless and ever since Dougie got introduced, more and more life has sprung into it, there's now a rhythm to almost every scene, it reeks of charm just like the old series did, but in a different way.

Pic related is the worst scene so far, and I also think Part 1 in general is the worst episode, but I still find it interesting how it was totally set up to be a lackluster and flaccid re-introduction back into the world of Twin Peaks.

>40 generals in
more like a few hundred, I can guarantee I've made at least 40 generals myself and I'm not up 23/7.

>Candie is a literal whore
hey watch that language HEY

WELL THERE YOU GO!

What about the angel thing?
We also know that dead people show up in the lodge, Earle's wife was there.

you're not gonna like the rest of the season, desu. I can tell you that right away.

how did we go from this...

When is Georgia coffee making a cameo?
youtube.com/watch?v=a3aR_CAyMmQ

I liked that feeling, I rewatched Part 1 earlier and it does feel different from the other parts. The build up of the glass box story was amazing.

It does become less dry with each part, you should keep watching.

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Damn stupid user! ...and

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

...to this?

Georgia coffee will bring Cooper back.

The world is becoming louder and hastier because of people like YOU. You should be ashamed. I suggest you take a good look at yourself.

I agree it's overly awkward but in no way is that bad by any means. It's like a huge fakeout for what was to come in episode 2 with the horrific glass box payoff and Coop's bizarre interaction with the box.

It was a two-part introduction, so I took those two hours as two halves of one whole (episode 2 ends with the musical performance, which is usually how each Part signs off)

the first shot being Jacoby with the shovels was definitely him LYNCHing us. it's the only explanation.

>There will be no part dedicated to Chester Desmond and Sam Stanley on a roadtrip to Twin Peaks

kek

...to THIS?

I wonder how much they all got paid for this.

cocaine

How come Bobby never got in trouble for killing Mike?

TO THIS?!?!

No one found out about it
The only witness was Laura, and she was dead. Only people who knew through her were Donna and James, who didn't tell anyone.

Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Daily reminder that Sam Stanley has difficulty interpreting facial expressions and is likely an autist.

I agree, the first couple of episodes really frightened me that the show would be a travesty in terms of quality, what with the ugly cgi, sterile framing, and dull colour pallette. But it feels as thought we have been slowly eased in to the place Lynch wants to show us, and the amount of music used is indicative of this. I still think filming it in digital was a bad idea, but many scenes look good despite of it (the dinner in the latest episode for example).

fuck are you talking about, I wrote that with the context of the rest of the season. Without that, I'd have nothing to compare it to. I love the season, and I even like Part 1, I just think it is the weakest one so far.

I swear James told Cooper

I don't remember that off the top of my head but you could be right. At the very least James was pretty skeptical of it due to Laura acting crazy at the time, I don't think he put much credence into it

No, he just tells Donna.

but Bobby didn't kill mike?

Nothing. They did it for the love of art.

ah, sorry man, should have read it better, it came across as a first time viwer impression.

I guess I'm shit at writing because many people are misinterpreting my post. I have been along since the start, I revisited part 1 tonight and was reminded just how stilted it was comparatively. I loved it at the time, and I think Part 2 is probably one of the best episodes in the season so far, so it's not like the stilted and dryer sections don't have merit.

I just find it fascinating how far it has come since then. When Part 1 aired I thought the entire season was going to be like that, but they've really been building it up since then, and like I say ever since the beginning of the 2nd act of the story, around part 7 or so, every scene now has that rhythm to it that was totally missing from part 1, and to a lesser degree 2, 3, 4 and 5. Compare Part 11 to 1 and it's like a day and night thing.

I think It's funny that the Ghostwood plot is the most confusing part of Twin Peaks for me.

the pine weasel conservation subplot was kino and resulted in one of the best slapstick gags in the entire show

it wasn't mike
laura was talking stupid shit to freak him out even more

Not surprising, the Laura mystery isn't confusing, just a lot of twists

it was MIKE not mike

Bobby... you killed Mike!

>Sam Stanley
Really? makes sense because Chet pranked him asking for the time while he holding the mug and the idiot spilled the coffee all over himself.

>the first shot being Jacoby with the shovels was definitely him LYNCHing us. it's the only explanation.

For sure, you'd have to actually really try to come up with something more pedestrian than that. Sure it's a setup for a joke later on, but it's funny to think that this would be the very first glimpse into Twin Peaks after a 26 year hiatus and it's a scene with no importance whatsoever.

How come Bobby never got in trouble for taking advantage of a disabled man for insurance money?

I remember when everyone was saying that he was going to dig up Laura Palmer.

Theorization and lore talk isn't really all that popular on Sup Forums nowadays, and that leaves very little else to work with.

Because he did nothing wrong.

Red is the most based character just because he made Richard cry. He'll probably end up magic-ing his way behind him one episode and whispering "kid" in his ear, causing Richard to commit suicide

What did she mean by this?

>Kid BTFO
>Shellyfags BTFO
Now all we need is for him to cuck Candiefags

cutie

Bobby got away with a lot of really dark shit.

he got some comeuppance at least.

just a teenager in love user. boys will be boys.

>tfw no doppleganger GF

It feels like Lynch and Frost want everything in season 3 to feel earned, they're not handing the audience anything on a silver platter, it's going to earn it by taking us on this trip.

I agree that the sterile framing and digital was really offputting at first, but I either warmed up to it, or it has changed since then because we have way more close ups now, and the camera is much more expressive, things just in general are nowhere near as stilted.

That said, I still love those early episodes and Part 3 is one of the best episodes yet.

Where the fuck did that guard go?

?

You clearly got L Y N C H E D but now you want back in after realizing your mistake

"Imagine these grapes were your balls!"

read it back, brainlet.

mfw dat orchid got a thicc ass

he is with chester now

Guys, I'm really worried about Jerry. What he's experiencing doesn't seem like the average high. He's lost in the woods, can't find his car and he doesn't know where he is. Also his foot talked to him and his brother won't look for him because he's to busy listening to sounds and having dinner with fucking Beverly.

I would be scared shitless if my foot told me it's not my foot, then what the hell is it?