Gravity Falls - /gfg/ - Hat Hunt Edition

So, Alex is looking for the Bill Cipher statue's hat. Apparently, some fan snagged it.

twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/765281800717340672

It wasn't one of us, was it?

Pacifica is best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/760323097090150401
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best girl

Now they're gonna make the statue go on a hunt

Did anyone here take the hat?

If we had, we would have been stupid enough to say something. Sup Forums can't resist user bragging.
My money is on a tumblr user.

What was the statue made out of anyway? It looked like foam on metal from my angle.

>If we had, we would have been stupid enough to say something. Sup Forums can't resist user bragging.
I'm sure we'll get blamed anyways, just like during the puzzle they claimed we were out to steal pieces. The final thing only had like 2 missing pieces, even after being relocated a million times.

It was some sort of foam, plaster, with rebar supports/arm iirc. Actual stone would have been a bitch to move, at that point it would have been easier to find a rock somewhere and carve it.

Bump

>Taking the top hat
>Not even bothering to put a MAGA hat in its place

Why is this such a good pairing.

It just is.

I bet it was a disgruntled May. Her having no chance at that puzzle is probably killing her slowly.

>May
Poor girl couldn't handle the pressure of not being a nobody.

>best girl
>not mabel
wtf is wrong with you?

It's a shame that someone took the hat. The statue was suppose to be something that all fan could enjoy.

Well gosh. If Alex has the statue to begin with. Then that means he never put the statue in one location and he's been lying to everyone in this entire time.

Also I bet that fat girl has it, or Manzi has it

Also, I'm not falling for Alex's tricks anymore. More than likely he's making all of this up just to get more publicity.

The hate was fucking infested with ants. It had an ant colony living in it. One of the police probably just threw it away. What were they supposed to do? Fumigate it? isn't the statue just cheap styrofoam or something?

I mean it's more fun to imagine some fangirl stealing it and using it as a dildo but it's probably long been in some landfill, right?

God damn I miss you /gfg/.

>missing cancer

But it was MY cancer.

Anyone have that post that tells everything note worthy about the journal 3 Book.
The one that mentions the twin peak reference
Pines being Jewish
Rick was here
Bleeding from eyes
Ect

The loud house generals are cancer.
This is shot not cancer.
Know the difference faggot

>The hat was fucking infested with ants
Source on that? If that's the case, then I don't anybody would want to take it.

Hmm, maybe ask the girl who was there streaming and crying as it was being taken by the police, she took the hat.

Did we EVER get those deleted scenes?

Is Dipper supposed to be an elf? Is this one of those newfangled "AU"s that I keep on hearing about?

So how about those deleted scenes

As soon as Alex convinces them to freely release the only real reason anybody would buy a DVD they will crack open the vault where all things are held.

I havent been on Sup Forums in weeks until i saw Suicide Squad, SOMEONE FOUND THE STATUE?! what happened?

You can check the archives if you want a lot of details over the course of a few weeks (i'm sure there was a pastebin somewhere), but basically there was a worldwide National Treasure style hunt Alex Hirsch set up back in April when he went on vacation. First clue in Russia, second in Japan, one in Georgia, RI, more than one in Cali, etc.

Some highlights include:
>a tumblr girl taking a clue home for herself, solving it, and solving it wrong
>a group of guys in a park that can't follow step by step instructions because he hurt is fingew
>an attention whore (mei/may) volunteered to drive a key to the next clue from her home 8 hours away because she's unemployed of course, then she sleeps in and causes a lot of drama once she gets there
>a bunch of people failing to solve a 2,000pc jigsaw puzzle twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/760323097090150401 for almost an entire week before alex gave a hint and the internet solved it almost immediately
>the last clue stumping everybody

As far as on Sup Forums, our role in solving the riddles consisted of shouting at everyone else for being incompetent seriously, the amount of time they spent not doing the puzzle was stupid

Bunch of weirdos and weirdo family found it. Shiny baubles and a bit of GF merch. Statue was hauled away next day by cops because it was in a contested area of ownership. I think the land owner changed his mind when he saw internet goobers on his land and the potential liability. Hyde went before it vanished, the ladies moistened when they saw his visage. Bill then hung out behind a police station and then got strapped to a tree somewhere else. Somebody recently stole the hat, Alex wants the hat back, he also wants the use of a pickup to move Bill.

>they shook its hand
fucking mental, i almost believed the stories that alex had snapped and was luring people to their deaths with it.

>As far as on Sup Forums, our role in solving the riddles consisted of shouting at everyone else for being incompetent
Don't forget that one user's mom getting a clue, and everyone else saying we stole it

Oh yeah, that was a surprise.

Not the blame part, they were doing that the whole time, even when we didn't do anything.

I guess it would have been a more interesting Daily Dot story if Alex Hirsch had indeed been luring people to their deaths with the statue.

On the plus side, the Japanese drew a lot of cool art for it.

It was actually pretty crazy. The first few clues all over the world were solved within a few hours of each other until we hit the fucking puzzle and the Polybius code clue at the end, which fucking no one could figure out until Alex finally caved and gave out a new hint. Lots of racing to supposed locations in cars including someone driving off the road in the middle of the night into the wilderness and others planning to run off into the woods at night while Alex told them not to be retards. Competing periscope streams with tens of thousands of viewers and some people from the show including Alex showed up.

Tumblr and twitter had all these wild tales of how Sup Forums was sabotaging and stealing from hunters from other sites when really Sup Forums did nothing but bitch mostly.

There were a few online news stories about it if you Google it.

bump

Best GF chub
Thompson a hottie too, too bad he didn't show more
Love God a slut and the other (admittedly cute) chubs in the show got screwed over fanservice wise to make sure the show is progressive with Sheriff Chubs and Deputy Chaser

Apparently the ant thing was bullshit.

Ever think we might get a series like this again, where the creator sets up some real life National Treasure thing?

>I mean it's more fun to imagine some fangirl stealing it and using it as a dildo
And how!

I miss /gfg/ but there's really nothing left.

it´s cool that the part of the bill AMA "MY WEAKNESS IS SEEING YOU STICK JALAPENO PEPPERS IN YOUR EYES!" has a little of veracity in the end
I remember people theorizing about bill´s weakness with the previews of dipper trying to punch bill in the eye

We never did find out her race

How are our threads so dead after years of having so many fans?

I'm guessing Philipino

I dated two of them, they were great in bed

It has some veracity in the way it could prevent him for control your body (journal 3)

It was a sensitive and delicate part of him, dipper knew that, in the moment they took his eye, he command the big strike

She could be indian too

this is Padippica thread now

Reminder this was the OP pic and topic that got us banned. Padippica is worst ship.

Me too buddy

>worst ship
fight me, faggot

Ok, maybe shipping to much is bad, but I have to admit, this part of the episode was fucking cute (also the "Dipper, you came back")

Well the show's been over for months but also Gravity Falls related threads were getting deleted by the mods/404'd for months including recently. I think some people got sick of seeing or turned on the show and report threads about it a lot. It doesn't happen to all the threads but fairly often it happens.

Well someone who was there tweeted that there were ants in it and a picture of what I thought was the hat with ants unless they were mistaken or joking/trolling. It did seem like a weird place to find ants but if it was really out there for a while it could be pretty nasty or rotted and I could see it getting pitched. They could just make a new one, too.

I sort of wish the real statue hadn't been chinzy and more durable/complete but maybe that would have just increased the odds of someone stealing it.

Can we have more of 4chason edits (or fanart)?
that was very funny

Kek

Im really exited about the idea of a comic, Alex says its a posibility
Any news about that?

Also, its been enough time for spoilers, any new theory from the journal or the book?

Bump

Bill's hat is off to them.

WHY did this pic get us banned?

Reminder that we hate alex for being a manlet because in the inside we hate ourselves

Mcgucket´s wife?
What is she doing there?

>OfficialGFMayor

That shouldn't irritate me but for some reason it does.

post rule 63 robbie

Did she make an entirely new twitter account just because she was there when the statue was found? Because that's pretty irritating if so.

in wich part of the book is the rick reference?

I wish people could go back to post theories
Nobody seems care to discuss now

All right.
Any theories why Padippica didn't happen?

thank you for Correcting the Record, /sug/

A week after Gravity Falls ended, we tried to have weekend only threads like Star Vs. but somebody made a thread with that pick as the op and the subject as best ship edition during the week. Then a mod posted in the thread saying /gfg/ threads were no longer allowed and when we tried to male threads on the weekend they would get deleted. Which makes me wonder how this thread hasn't been deleted yet.

new cool japanese fashion accessory

I can only assume hirsch didn´t want to go more deep in the romantic aspect of the show, And decided to cut that in favor of another things

Any theories about the oracle of dimension 52?

it makes me sad we haven´t get art of her yet

you should be able to make the occaisional thread about random related shit like for any dead show like Invader Zim, Oblongs, Teen Titans first cartoon and any other old/dead shit that pops up sometimes but don't call it a fucking general, general is over.

What's funny is that the two new books (Journal 3/Time Pirates) were so overshadowed by the Bill Statue shit that they didn't really get discussed here. There were what, 50 threads for cipher hunt constantly up every day but a trickle about the actual new content at best

Those japs, a love that fanbase

Can anyone translate this?

what I can say is that ford has tatoos he don´t want to show
So, droped

they're enthusiastic

also bill is now a loli cyclops monstergirl or something and i don't even know anymore

nigga, thats kawaii

>it makes me sad we haven´t get art of her yet

Also, tumblr is now shipping Ford/Oracle.

Awesome! thanks

yeah, only thing I found

the ride never ends huh?

Fordacle 4 ever

>new line wants hirsch to direct the detective pikachu movie
I guess?

What?

who or what is that?

The oracle of dimension 52