Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?

Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

What is the atheists' answer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do christians like to start threads with pictures of a crying child with makeup on?

Idk I thought it was the Fedoras that did this.

Commemoration.

Why don't all Christians eat their dead relatives since its just meat when the soul is gone?

athiest were never alive in the first place.

Haven't you heard of the Childlike Empress? Her name has been in the news constantly lately.

Why do elephants bury their dead?

Because funerals aren't for the deceased, they're for the bereaved, you colossal fucking faggot.

I don't claim to be Christian.

That doesn't answer any WHY atheists have funerals nor any of the other questions posed.

I already asked my friends and family not to hold a funeral for me, and hope to die alone away from them

Any theist who believes in souls should be fine eating dead relatives, right?

OH BOY IT'S THIS THREAD AGAIN

Not all atheist have funerals. Some do but it's for the families sake, I ceremony to help them come to terms with the passing. Has nothing to do with god.

>"Funerals are for the bereaved, not the deceased"
>"HURR DAT DONT ASNWER DAH QUESTION ATEETS - 0 JEBUS CHRIST - 1"

We don't avoid cannibalism out of fear of Hell, we avoid it out of respect.

I don't need a funeral, just throw me in the trash.

You respect soulless piles of meat?

Funerals make more sense for atheists because your loved one's consciousness being gone forever is a more traumatic thought than them ascending to everlasting joy and peace.

Eww

And again.

We were going to, but it's cute that you thought we wouldn't.

Yes

How do you get all the nutrients you need as a vegan?

I am not a vegan. I respect the soulles piles of meat that is classified as human

Do you think funerals are for dead people?

Leaving corpses to decay in the streets is unsanitary

Why don't godcucks follow their bible? Why do they pretend the old testament doesn't exist? It's literally in your bible. So why don't you do what your God says?

youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI

Christians only classify piles of meat with a soul, free will, conscience, and capacity for individual creativity as humans, so I am assuming you regularly wash the living feet of your elders, peers, and subordinates to show respect?

I don't. I think funerals are retarded. Just throw my corpse in a dumpster for all i care.

Also, sage for shit thread that gets posted every day.

I am not a christian. I use the biological definition of human to classify humans. you can read that definition in any biology book or encyclopedia and the definition doesn't involve soul.
>so I am assuming you regularly wash the living feet of your elders, peers, and subordinates to show respect?
taht is not the only way to show respect. there is nothing that says you have to do that to show respect

It fits most theistic definitions of human, but it doesn't change the fact that if atheists can't have funerals, Christians have to eat their relatives because they already eat their godman.

I'm modifying my will right now. when i die i want to be thrown in the street as food for stray dogs and unscrupulous hobos

Right. You are thinking I am a theist, I should have read the thread all the way to the start, my bad. I am not theist, and although i don't understand your argument, I don't care about Christians enough to argue for them either. I am out

Very very few people are athiests

All people on Sup Forums are wannabe athiests and will get on their knees and pray to god once the yellowstone erupts

>although i don't understand your argument
I am just entertaining the retarded logic of OP to draw indicting conclusions about large groups of people.
I don't know how you picked up on the cannibalism effect without the soul cause, but ok.

>worshippers of atheism

Stopped reading right there

Why anti atheist shitposters use her as OP picture?

>worshippers of atheism
what?
also, relatives are often religious, if they want all these rituals why would i be against it?

why are theists child molesters?

why do christians fear and avoid death? Isnt heaven super fun time? Why dont you kill yourself op?

>2016
>not getting cremated

there is a weight limit on cremations as a big body might burn down the building

Maybe they're all pedos.

Funerals are a pagan invention.
Why do Christians have funerals then?

That's not the point. The point is to have a funeral ceremony, you have to believe in some afterlife, i.e. be religious. Pagans had a religion, you can't equate them with atheists at all.

>The point is to have a funeral ceremony, you have to believe in some afterlife

Why? This is a strange thing to say.

Because death is death and people have always mourned the loss of a loved one, even before gods where needed?

>Needing religion to feel empathy.
Maybe you should ask yourself if you're even on the elevated level of an atheist when it comes to feelings.

Because without such a belief, you could just burn the body or dump it in a mass grave without any consideration. It's the belief in something beyond death or the remnant of such a belief that makes people go through a procedure of dressing the deceased in sunday clothes, lining the coffing with pillows etc. Without all that you could probably save the 10.000 Euros that a funeral costs these days and be done paying 50.

he's australian, they worship the sand gods you colossal faggot

Country's and family traditions, same as having Christmas as atheists, it's a nice thing our entire family does even tho everyone is non-believer. Nice bait you fucking fagot

>Because without such a belief, you could just burn the body or dump it in a mass grave without any consideration.

No I don't think so.

People have problems throwing away old teddy bears.

The desire to see them one last time and say goodbye is a natural result of human bonding. It's just a way to honor them and accept their passing.

Maybe you're right.
I'm not sure though that atheists are completely free of bits and pieces of supernatural beliefs, even if they don't follow a religion. It's human nature to think about these things, it naturally follows having a perception of one-self.

Because whilst you are militantly religious, we are indifferently atheist.
I will appropriate Christan ceremonies and have a funeral and get drunk to say goodbye because my country is traditionally Christian, it doesn't mean I care two fucks either way what religion the guy who died was.

Couldn't care less, son.

Not an atheist, but don't worship anything. If a friend dies, I'll be sad, will mourn him/her, and would like to send them away with respect. If they have a maker to meet, I hope they meet em.
Not having religion dosent an you stop caring about your fellow man. Some just don't need a promise of an afterlife to do what is right, imo

>What is the atheists' answer?

You answered your own question. It's to reflect on the person and what they meant to us while paying respect to their memory.

If you really have to ask the question, you've probably got some form of mental illness or developmental disorder.

The real question is: since death is God's plan and the dead go to Heaven or Hell according to God's judgment, why do Believers[tm] get sad when someone dies? Isn't it sinful to be sad at God's plan? You're disrespecting God if you show sadness when someone dies. The truly godly would just accept His divine judgment.

What's with the intentionally wiggly lines on that street? Are they designed so that they drive the drivers crazy? I mean I don't have obsessive compulsive disorder, but that kind of street markings would drive me nuts.

Don't bring this to Pol, please...

Why do theists suffer when someone dies if they think they went to a place of everlasting joy? Why are theists so terrified by death if they think what comes after is better life?

Oh wait, I know the answer: deep down inside, in the most intimate parts of their unconscious, they are aware death is the end, and no amount of denial will change this.

>atheist religion
What a retard

Well, I guess if you're going to hurl the worst insult possible at something, calling it a "religion" is probably the closest you can get to "shit-filled cunt".

I don't know why they hold funerals (especially when they know they're going to hell lol), but they'll need to do a whole lot more because they just got BTFO

Pic related is them right this second, I reckon they feel pretty stupid

>I'm not sure though that atheists are completely free of bits and pieces of supernatural beliefs

Of course, you're right. Just about everybody implicitly accepts mind/body dualism... which is a hold over from the idea of a spirit. It's implicit in our language and our way of thinking about things... but at the same time we can explicitly acknowledge that these hold overs are just artifacts of convenience.

>Thoughts literally break down when challenged on the littlest arguments

But I thought atheists were supposed to be logical, huh?

>grandpa just asked to be cremated as cheaply as possible and be done with it in his will
>grandma still burned $7k on some fancy metal box/urn and on exposing it in church surrounded by a mountain of flowers so a hundred people he hayed could pretend to be sad for him
>now she pays yearly to keep the box/urn in a mausoleum thats just a big empty room with glass shelf cases for urns

It's not always their damn choice

I'm an atheist, my family and all of my friends are atheists. We don't go to funerals. We get drunk and talk about the deceased for a day. It's sort of like the last party they had.

The same reason they have laws and claim to have "morality". They just piggy back on the cultural institutions created by religious society and pretend they have a rational reason to do so. They also like to pretend a truly atheist society would have developed it on their own. Which is funny because they think a society could be atheist and even exist for more than a few generations.

i only do it because its polite. most of my family is christian, and they were probably going to give me a funeral wether i like it or not. i only attend them because it would reflect badly on me if i didnt show up without good reason. its not about belief, its about social standing in this case.

also sick bait. really. never seen this one before. totally got sucked in by that crying shitstain of a bitch you call a "empress". really made me think. almost makes me hate atheism. totally not bullshitting.

using the shitty bible as evidence for god. topkek

Funerals aren't for the deceased. They're for everyone else.

What kind of idiot thinks the dead care how their remains are treated?

ahhh hahahahaha

are you a hanky head user?

im gon be chucked in the dirt, stripped naked as a pig. ashes to ashes, dust to dust, homey, just bring me home.

slay some niggas