So Gems are very heavily implied to be synthetic life forms that have to be grown from the ground by other Gems...

So Gems are very heavily implied to be synthetic life forms that have to be grown from the ground by other Gems. That begs the question of where the original Gems came from. Did they occur naturally by pure chance? Or were they initially created by some other, organic advanced alien race? Discuss.

My bet is that they were a servant race created by some ancient aliens. The organic alien creator race died out, for reasons. The Gems just kept going on in their duties and aping the cultural norms of their creators.

>heavily implied
You mean outright stated.

>So Gems are very heavily implied to be synthetic life forms that have to be grown from the ground by other Gems
>heavily implied
Yeah, more like explicitly stated.

To be fair, life on Earth began more or less with some random minerals bumping together into working proteins and it working out. It's possible the gems came about in a similar way.

I thought so, but wasn't sure.
I'm sorry, don't hurt me
This sounds pretty cool, I'd love for this to be addressed and expanded upon in the show eventually.

>That begs the question of where the original Gems came from. Did they occur naturally by pure chance?
Obviously they were engineered. Some race created super versatile life forms that could live in almost any environment and were gradually replaced.

Sugar, accept my headcanon or you are a hack.

Diamonds definitely came first and created the others to serve them.

Maybe the diamonds are actually organic beings. They might not even have any powers.

The were created 4000 years ago by God, like everything else.

or the creator race made all the other gems first. then goofed when they made the Diamonds to rule over the other gems. The diamonds were given a core program and the organic aliens were found to be "in the way".

>diamonds surrounded by green
> yellow, blue, and white make green

Diamonds confirmed for fusing into sneeple.

>They might not even have any powers

Corruption is a diamond attack, which is why nor Rose or Steven could do shit to repair it.

Who says it's an attack based on natural powers they have? It could simply be a weapon they built.

Steven Universe and Transformers are just the same thing from different sides. Inorganic life created to serve a role. Rebels rise up against elite.

Megatron is Rose Quartz.

There should be a "star" the Diamonds all worship

An inexorable mass of energy, life and death mean nothing to it

The existence of time travel should throw another twist into the whole thing. By way of timefuckery, they could conceivably create themselves.

Probably a machine and capturing it will enable them to reverse it

Carbon, Gem Deity. Probably not tho

Pearl stated it was corruption was "damage from the diamonds". The light flash that wiped the Crystal Gems in Same Old World had the colors of the (then) three diamonds, blue, yellow and white.

It could be a physical weapon but everything seems to point that diamonds are the all-powerful gems.

wouldn't that create a Egg/Hen paradox?

The gems have time travel.

They were created by Steven.

Everything is proceeding according to plan.

>It could be a physical weapon but everything seems to point that diamonds are the all-powerful gems.
Because that's what the diamonds want all their subjects to believe. We see from Peridot they are indoctrinated with the belief that the diamonds are perfect in every way.

It's only a paradox if you don't think time travel is possible.

>non-living matter bumping into other non-living matter creates life
>This is what atheists actually believe.

But the way we see time travel working isn't the Bill & Ted "closed loop" style. You can create alternate timelines, but your own past can't be changed.

That is, Pompadour Steven's backstory was always the same. He just changed the course of other Stevens' lives.

>If I don't know how it was done, a magic man we never see must have done it

you mean he killed them

Except for the Steven we're following now.

>I don't want to admit that the evidence seems consistent with a creator, so I'll pretend abiogenesis is possible.

Clearly the creators of the Gems got Reap'd.

>tfw the Diamonds are all indoctrinated.

Remember when Bioware turned the GPS into a sex robot?

How about both of you fuck off.
If you seriously think this is the correct format to be having this debate, and think you genuinely stand a chance of proving your point or changing the other person's mind with nothing but snide greentexts, you're an idiot regardless of your ideology.

Oh so they're the Ganglion?

This or they overthrew them

Why do so many supposedly highly advanced civilizations in media make the "Let's create a stronger, sentient race and then give them a super being to rule them over" mistake. That shit should scream "Extinction!" to anyone with half a brain.

aren't we doing the same thing?

>snide greentexts

The main thing that bothers me about gem creation is:

Where do they get the junk the injectors inject into the ground when making a new gem?

My current theory is that the diamonds are futas that secrete it. And shattering Pink Diamond was a very big deal because the other diamonds are running out of junk, while Pink Diamond had only just started colonizing her first planet and gemkind was counting on her to produce more gems. That's why they're running out of "resources" and era 2 gems are weaker.

Of course this theory has a problem because it's a kid show so of course there's never going to be a reveal that the diamonds have futa cocks. I just don't know how else they're supposed to produce the junk.

I figure homeworld originally had a circle of life of some sort, where some homeworld animal was able to dissolve them and recycle their material. Then the gems became advanced enough to wipe out anything that could naturally kill them, so they became a race of immortal aliens who had nothing better to do than to expand.

Maybe gyms can be born naturally but Homeworld uses their gym making process to both mass produce gyms and to ensure obedience. Sort of like the backstory Snyder shoehorned into Man of Steel for no reason.

Maybe the original creators of the gems made them for sex? After all, they are all female :^)

Davros was a lonely teenager who constantly masturbated to anime ladies before he got interested in biotechnology at community college.

My guess it'll never be explained and the show will end before they ever even explain it.... OR... bit twist, Rose is a member of super humans who created the gems and she fused with one.

Snake people did it.

Considering they take humanoid forms and look just like humans, even before ever meeting humans, you have to imagine humans on Earth are a forerunner race responsible for the gems in the first place.

Or the show is retarded and never thought about it and does not care at all. Which is probably more likely.

They share a common ancestor with a yet-to-appear offshoot race called the Alloys, which are all male and are metal themed Millions of years ago, they had a war with the gems but White Diamond (at the time the only diamond) drafted a peace treaty with them and they withdrew to the deepest region of space free from Gem influence.

However, Homeworld's invasion of earth violates the ancient treaty and rekindles conflict with the two races.

No one cares about your shitty fanfiction pleb.

They tried again

I sort of took corruption to basically be scrambling and fucking up their programming until they just snarl and bite things.

NATURALLY OCCURRING PULLEYS AND GEARS, DAMMIT

I tend to believe the Gems were originally created to service some other species, which went extinct or got Singularitied out of existence.

Maybe there's some ancient HalfGem/HalfCreator hybrid like Steven.

My bet is that the diamonds dropped geodes on the planet. They are "synthetic storms" that became primary focus of the CGs when it began to crack.

actually he's right. the earth back then was radically different, but the reason I don't think Gems evolved from simpler, less advanced rocks is that their method of reproduction doesn't require a progenitor parent, nor do they seem to exhibit a need for sustenance like biological life.

The important thing is that you found a way to be superior to both sides.

If Diamonds are perfect why would they need to follow the commands of their creators?

this is basically what i thought too. Maybe there's some athechnogenesis going on, but it's not very common in science fiction.

Maybe the series can just show some more aliens. There has to be something out there the homerworld army is built to stand against.

I've kinda figured the reason Peridot was so worried about resources was because the Gem Homeworld is actively engaged in warfare with some other alien race, maybe even their creators.

I suspected something when the giant hand ship's interior was filled with containment cells.

Why would gems need containment cells for other gems? Are the diamonds at war with each other?
They don't act like it. Did the rebellion make them paranoid and fall apart?
Did YD want the cluster as a weapon or did she just 100% not give a fuck about earth?

I sorta guessed that Rose's rebellion was the only gem rebellion and all other interactions with gems makes me think that's true.

It's really curious.

What is going on with /sug/?

what do you mean?

I have said it all the time, they have the exact same plot as transformers, just like dbz
they are aliens that change forms that are able to combine on a war to save a planet that is not theirs, just out of the sheer sense of justice their rebel leader has but doesnt make sense when you flesh it out

the sad part is, this lacks the toy making presence and will die as soon as it ends

Tip for being less autistic:

When referring to something from a piece of media so obscure that chances are 99% of people in the thread are unfamiliar with it, the least you can do is name the source and phrase it in an explanatory way and not as a question.

Also, your underage is showing since that was the first comparison you thought of when this is an ancient and overused sci-fi storytelling device.

Seriously, It's the very first science fiction trope, the creation destroying the creator. 1818 Frankenstein.

I have a feeling that by the end of the series, Steven will make peace with homeworld and face off against a new enemy that is trying to destroy all gemkind.

after this post I don't think you're qualified to give advice about being less autistic

I forgot the original Steven fucking died.

>My bet is that the diamonds dropped geodes on the planet. They are "synthetic storms" that became primary focus of the CGs when it began to crack.

Reposting to bump thread to bring attention to my own post 'cause I want some input on it.

i'm not sure what the Geodes were for. Presumably they were either a weapon of war (the Gems did seem concerned it would destroy their corporeal forms), or they're a seed for creating more gems

What we know for sure is that there were (probably) originally four Diamonds and that Pink was destroyed, with the Earth and it's moon being her only two planets. This implies she was either a new Diamond which is an entire theory in itself that suggests Diamonds are created. The other possible theory is that Pink was slighted somehow and lost her planets. This would make sense as it was said Earth was given to her.

They're not synthetic, they're just different. They're not robots.

They're literally synthesized by other gems, using machinery.

All I'm saying is that we don't know if they're a naturally occurring race. Sure it seems like they're just golems, but I don't believe we've established that for a fact.

It's a light sci-fi series that doesn't follow our own rules.

>All I'm saying is that we don't know if they're a naturally occurring race. Sure it seems like they're just golems, but I don't believe we've established that for a fact.
Peridot said as much in her redemption arc. She said that all Gems were created to serve the Diamonds, which seems consistent with Rose's statement that every Gem is made for a specific reason and knows what her purpose is from the beginning.

It's possible that they've got some Irken-like backstory where they evolved from a naturally occurring race of laser women until someone hijacked their reproductive cycle and modified them into geotech drones, but at this point we haven't got any clear hints toward that conclusion.

Personally, I think they were created by another race to use as magical items before turning against them and founding their own galactic empire. I'm betting they were made by Pearls.

>I use children's show to prove point of my faith

wew lad

What the hell are you talking about?

I loved that page of xkcd too.

>created to service some other species

It's more important to consider an issue than to feel superior to anyone who tries.

Pearls also confuse me. I mean, a pearl is made from a sea Mollusk not formed in the earths crust. Is that how gem pearls are made? Or are they made in the ground? Are they special?

90% of commercial pearls are artificially made. The same most likely applies to the pearls in SU.

>Are they special?
Yes, they're in-universe considered not to be real Gems.

Creationism isn't necessarily tied to a religion, and it's presence doesn't imply that someone has to be projecting to entertain the idea. It's just a reasonably logical conclusion to draw based on how preciously artificial the Gem species is as well as their method of reproduction.

I like the idea of them evolving naturally by means of magic. Fuck these Clark's First Law assholes, it's jam packed with magic bullshit, and Too Short To Ride implies the technological growth is to compromise for the lack of resources to make decent magical Gems.

If you turned to light and shapeshifted, i'd believe in God.

My theory is that the gems are artificial beings created by humans in the future to counter an alien threat. However they were created too late and humanity was destroyed. In order to preserve their masters the gems traveled back in time and preemptively defeated the aliens. But along the way they forgot where they came from and are now aimlessly expanding their empire hoping to find purpose.

I think you need to go outside user.

>COME ON AND SLEM
>AND WELCOME TO THE GEM

HOLY SHIT I FORGOT THAT WAS THE REAL STEVEN

They started out as a slave race created by time-traveling future humans.

I find it quite bizarre and fascinating that the presence of other outer space beings could eventually be touched upon in Steven Universe.

The show has it's roots so heavily implanted in real earth culture, and this mysterious gem culture, that I forget that the Earth isn't the only planet the Gems expanded their rule on. I just can't imagine a character of another, completely new alien race appearing in the show, but given the universe SU is based in, it's actually completely possible.

It's so strange that Steven never questions the presence of other alien races either. He knows the gems invaded other planets, but he never asks if Garnet or Pearl ever visited other planets, or met aliens.

tl;dr
For fuck's sakes Steven, Pearl has literally seen more of space than any astronauts will ever see in the next 300 years. Ask some fucking questions.

Steven is implied to do things offscreen but is contractually obliged to never discuss lore related things with anyone when we're not looking.
That's why he doesn't ask why there's a bubbled gem in Lion's mane, why the mirror had someone inside it or why a green gem visiting from the gem homeworld could be bad.

Its magic.

I agree. Magic has always been a huge part of this series.

They came from where all disparity came - The First Flame

user if the first thing that came to your mind was 'the gems use jizz from their futa cocks to make more gems' then maybe you should go outside, or take a break from the internet. same for the people who think pearls are fancy sex slaves or something like that

or maybe its a fucking cartoon