What's the most ridiculous Sup Forums-related opinion you've ever seen?

What's the most ridiculous Sup Forums-related opinion you've ever seen?

Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/markets/view/35269/top-300-comics-actual-july-2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's one of them cause it ignores inhumans and carol's sales and ignores all the shit they've done for mcu synergy
i dunno why they just can't admit they strive for synergy or disney is holding a gun to their head and making them

That comics are good.

>DC releases new logo, going back to a variation of the the classic "circle with DC in the middle" design.
>DC releases Rebirth, going back to more classic style DC comics.
>DC now thoroughly BTFOing Marvel.
Brevroot should be embarrassed.

>new Simpsons episodes are just as good as the classic ones

Suck a dick MovieBob.

>didn't know the logo was the problem

Brevoort you dumbass

Why is Brevoort such a scummy human being?

Thank you based Johns for saving comics.

Because he can't feel the love.

god damn that made me angry

Why?

Wait, who the fuck are you?
Should I know you?

Wow...I'll admit to being a Marvel mark, but goddamn, that's just wrong g on so many fucking levels...

To be honest, most anything MovieBob says.

>I don't like Skub.

>rick and morty is a shock value reddit show

How? Its right. Why the fuck is the SS even a team dedicated to taking down Superman level problems when they're supposed to be a team that does incredibly risky, dirty and politically amoral missions that the government has a great deal of distance from?

Vox Day pls

That complaint is fair but let's not pretend Marvel movies stay true to comics. Just look at Iron Man and GotG.

But this really doesn't need to be a movieshit thread anyway.

I guess Mandarin, Ultron and every single thing that the MCU has done has been incredibly accurate to the comics then, right?

I think they mean Marvel movies aren't true to the comics either. Also there's a lot more the movie strayed from besides the threat level.

That BvS is a bad movie that doesn't make sense.

If you're completely illiterate to how films work, BvS doesn't make any sense and neither does basic human empathy.

>4 posts, 3 of which have a minute apart
samefag pls

Nearly all comics are ridiculously leftist.

You realize that actual filmmakers consider BvS a joke, right?

stop shilling, user

I already regret making this thread.

Shitpost away, you fucking faggots.

nice argument, shill.

>People will read good comics

Nope. People mostly read Marvel and DC. Even in that shit pile most people only read the most heinous garbage they put out.

Homestuck, for all of its flaws, is our generation's epic (in the classic sense) work of literature. Early twenty-first century literature classes will study it.

Except it's the early twenty-first century right now.

How anyone could believe that is baffling. 10 out of 10 people you walk up to in the street and ask about Homestuck won't know what the fuck it is.

Most people on the internet don't even know what the fuck it is.

I've been on Sup Forums for almost eight years and I still don't really know what it is other than something cancerous.

And actual filmmakers considered The Thing, 2001, and Wizard of Oz jokes when they came out too.

I mean future classes studying early 21 century literature, not today's classes on today's literature.

That all DCEU movies are self-described "kino". The kino meme and constant BvS threads are the worst things to happen to Sup Forums in a long fucking time, it's actually making me hate the films more and more and I didn't even mind them when I first watched them.

The times range from :06:53 to :08:04 but thanks for confirming Sup Forums can't count and loves derailing comic threads

You should consider suicide for even comparing those films to anything Zack Snyder produced.

Ostrander Suicide Squad fought a group call Jihad in 88 and did Black Ops against the Sandanistas.

The movie was about a Hot Topic Murder Team fighting Dancing Lady with Laser in Sky.

This is very common. Do you know what Lovecraft's contemporaries knew about Lovecraft? Fuck all.

Awww jesus fucing christ marvel comic is being run by a chimp with down syndrome.

I have seen this exact same post before BvS & SS came out multiple times except filmmakers was replaced with reviewers.

Could this be 1.jpgfag?

When did anyone consider 2001 a joke? People might have thought it was confusing, but I don't think anyone ever thought it was a joke.

>ITT most Mark Waid and Nick Spencer tweets
I had a folder of stupid tweets for comic creators on my old laptop

I doubt that BvS will get a favourable reappraisal in the future.

I get the feeling that Man of Steel might though.

>X-Men: Apocalypse
>$1 Billion
Jesus, that's pretty fucking high for an X-Men film prediction.

>I get the feeling that Man of Steel might though.
Superman Returns never did, why should this trash be any different?

Gentlemen, I give to you: the wrongest opinion in the world for almost two decades and counting...contained in a syndicated comic strip.

Ostrander also says that's what he writes, and that even though it was generic end of the world scenario his dna was written all over the movie. He'd like to see it gravitate towards more black ops stuff with the sequel. But hey what does Ostrander know?

Jar Jar was never popular.

Brevoot is Perlmutter's bottom bitch, everybody know that.

Aren't TMNT, Power Rangers and Pokemon still relatively popular?

I'll never get the dick sucking for BLM.

They do suck.

They really suck.

Funnily enough, Superman Returns was praised more by critics than Man of Steel did, it just never sat well with audiences, but Man of Steel did. That's why it probably won't be reappraised, because you don't reappraise a film based on audience reception.

I'm probably not making any goddamn sense, sorry.

Conventional American film critics treated Howard Hawks, Frank Taschlin, etc. to be studio hacks who were overpaid stagehands. Psycho was considered trash on release.

It was the *Auteur Theory* critics that elevated these guys into Masters, because they saw something else in movies.

That said, I still think Hawks was a hack. And if any current day Hack Artist director is to be elevated in the future, I hope it's Paul WS Anderson.

I've never seen something so wrong that wasn't that way on purpose.

Black Lives Matter is a brainwashing cult.

There is nothing wrong with BLM

Y'all are really letting the bad apples ruin the bunch

TMNT is still damn strong, Pokemon is probably the second biggest it's ever been right now, and Power Rangers are still popular with the children (And Super Sentai is popular with the japs, even more than usual these days after Gokaiger).

Yep.

Keep in mind, this comic was created in 1999, when Pokemon just came out, everyone realized Episode 1 was shit, and the early popularity of the Turtles and Power Rangers looked like it was fading away.

He has Galucom and has a financial interest in the success of the movie.

I did not say I did not like the movie, only that it has anything to do with the comic, neither in aesthetics, stakes, or storytelling.

Go back to Sup Forums fuckboi.

>Y'all are really letting the bad apples ruin the bunch

You know what, I'd be fine with that excuse if it wasn't coming from the same people who condemn every police officer for the actions of a few.

It's an issue where there's a fair point (the way that policing is done in America desperately needs reform, and racism is still something that needs an actual discussion), but BLM as an organization are far too disorganized to be useful in many situations.

There's also the fact that many of the prominent voices within the organization see riots as a good thing. I've always agreed with MLK Jr's views on riots, that they're indicative of a need to change something within a society, but outright endorsing them as a legitimate route of protest is a really bad idea.

I'm not positive, but I'm confident it involved the word "rape".

They hide behind a good cause so you can't criticize them, because if you do, you're criticizing something objectively good (cops not killing people unnecessarily).

There's also the fact that most media outlets won't report on the bad the group is doing, so if you say anything remotely critical of them people immediately write you off as an evil bigot not worth listening to.

They condemn the police organization, because the police are an organization whose job includes- or should include- keeping their own employees in check.

And the best way to do that is burn down their neighborhoods and steal weaves?

Oh man.

I wonder what this man thinks of Pokemon Go.

The issue with that argument is organizational. If there was a definitive structure to the organization, you'd be able to have leaders within it denounce the bad apples, but as it stands, anyone can pick up the tag and use it to give themselves airtime. Ergo, you see people using BLM to call for peace at the same time as seeing people using it to call for police officers to be executed en masse.

I'm sympathetic to the overall mood of BLM, but until it actually starts acting with pragmatic politics they're gonna keep getting stuck in the same quagmires.

Because he can. That's what happens when you give too much power to fedora-wearing neckbeards.

Why are you asking this right after you just told someone else that you would accept that some bad apples shouldn't ruin the bunch?

What does that have to do with 2001? That was 1968 well after auteur theory was established in America, and was around when people were starting to criticize it.

Because right now the "bad apples" are the entire bunch. Milwaukee was a fucking shit show last week and you got Shaun King on Twitter saying we can expect more of the same.

Plus, I've read BLM's "demands" - they're outright insanity.

I am just saying what the guy said had some merit, nit his specific examples.

Isn't the projection for August sales DC taking the lead for a second month

>Because right now the "bad apples" are the entire bunch.
No, the bad apples are just the only ones you personally pay attention to.

Hard not to pay attention when they're burning a city down.

Oh, or maybe I should pay attention to Deray and how he's teaching a class at Yale about how looting is justified?

Riots are indicative of bad governance. Good governance prevents riots by reducing reasons to riots and by clearly indicating that riots won't be effective.

Good governance will prevent riots by cracking their fucking skulls open with a riot baton.

If you think riots and looting will deescalate the situation, especially when it comes to police brutality, then you got another coming.

Now all you're doing is giving them a justified reason to want to put black people down like animals.

And you aren't exactly getting the sympathy of the average citizen either.

This is what I'm talking about here . The idea behind the movement has a lot of merit but until the leaders learn that you don't get enough people on side by condoning looting and rioting as legitimate forms of protest, and learn that they NEED to become an organization with a real leadership structure, they're not gonna get anywhere because ideologically they're going to be too difficult to pin down and both those that agree and those that disagree will just see what they want to see in the organization and movement.

Ostrander does get paid for the movie, right?

I agree, but that doesn't mean that one should endorse riots or tell people that they're legitimate forms of protest. It's similar to high crime rates in cities. Yes, they're indicative of deeper societal issues, but that doesn't mean that mugging is a legitimate form of protest for lack of jobs in the area; just an understandable reaction.

>Good governance will prevent riots by cracking their fucking skulls open with a riot baton.
That a riot happened in the first place is evidence of bad governance.

Good governance looks to prevent civil unrest, not simply respond to it.

icv2.com/articles/markets/view/35269/top-300-comics-actual-july-2016

these sales numbers tho.

Probably not, but he is credited first out of all the comic creators and DC is finally collecting his work now.

>Good governance will prevent riots by cracking their fucking skulls open with a riot baton.
The last country I was in that did that just started a full out revolution in response and then the army backed up the people against the government and now the army is the government. Also there was a period in between all that where the government was suddenly filled with religious fanatics that the army then purged.

I'm sure America is more stable but still, I don't think that's the model you want to follow.

You got the method right but the logic backwards. If there already are riots it means there are people who doubt your ability to crack their skulls open (the rioters probably aren't suicidal, after all), hence your governance is flawed.

So BLM is Gamergate?

>If there already are riots it means there are people who doubt your ability to crack their skulls open
Or that they're in a shitty enough situation that they've got nothing to lose

basically yeah but about a more serious topic

to be honest, Twitter has been horrible for turning what could be interesting discussions on various topics into sectarian clashes where 'chosing a side' is more important than trying to find a good solution

When black people believe en masse that it doesn't matter that you follow the law because the police will still shoot you no matter what you do, then yeah, that is definitely a situation where this applies.

twitter was a mistake

I mean that seriously and not in the meme sense. It's fucking horrible and brings out the worst of human nature.

Yes, but that is rarely the case, especially in the West. It surely doesn't apply to the likes of BLM. On the other hand, skillful propagandists can persuade people they have little to nothing to lose even if it isn't the case. They won't realized hat was the case until they actually lose something dear.

That's because Twitter has done more to degrade the quality of online discourse than any social media site before it. It is impossible to have a proper conversation when you can only communicate with a series of terse 140 character comments. The fact that it seems designed specifically to encourage mobbing people en masse doesn't help matters either.

*realize what was the case

The amount of support from the press, the body count and the sort of shit on the list of demands is very different, but the organizational mechanics is very much the same.

>Yes, but that is rarely the case, especially in the West.
It doesn't matter if it is "rarely the case", when black people see what they perceive to be innocent black people being gunned down by the police without any consequence given to the police in question, they will have absolutely no reason to believe they won't be next. "Wrong place wrong time" is not something you should be thinking when it comes to getting shot by the police.

Stop spoilertexting your posts you retard

Fuck you.

How about pointing a stolen gun at cops? That seem like a good enough reason to kill an "innocent" black man with 13 priors?

>The Simpsons hasn't changed, you did!
>Nevermind that the show has totally different writers, showrunners, storyboarders, animators and modern episodes draw from an entirely different cultural landscape than the older ones! >It's exactly the same!
>The only people who ever liked The Simpsons are people who were Bart and Lisa's age when the show premiered!

Vox sucks but that headline is NOT wrong.