>breaks and enters
>steals
>lies
>gets a fake law degree
>scams people compulsively
>blackmails
>takes a shit on a guys kids
>Jimmy, maybe you shouldn't be a lawyer
>WHAT THE FUCK CHUCK, MY OWN BROTHER, ET TU CHARLES? I'M GOING TO RUIN YOUR FUCKING CAREER AND YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, I HOPE YOU KILL YOURSELF
haha dude Chuck was such an asshole

And then Chuck becomes the brother which actively works to prevent Jimmy from ever turning over a new leaf.

jimmy didnt ruin chuck's career. nor did he ruin chuck's life. chuck did that to himself. jimmy tried to help him.

We all already know Chuck is ultimately right because Breaking Bad exists.

What was chucks fucking problem?

He was right, Jimmy literally ruined an old ladies life when Chuck told him to stop with the crocodile tears and just start admitting he's an awful person

That was the only reason Jimmy went and stopped her from settling

Jimmy McGill is not the world's number one drug kingpen. He's a guy on the payroll. Breaking Bad will happen regardless.

Chuck hates his brother because Chuck has to works really hard and isn't even well liked, whereas Jimmy is liked by everyone but never puts in any effort. Further, Chuck is a by-the-book guy while Jimmy is a anything goes guy. Instead of being a good older brother and trying to help Jimmy be a better person, Chuck takes out his frustration with Jimmy's success passive aggressively. Then since Chuck doesn't believe in Jimmy, Jimmy slips which proves to Chuck that he was right, and the downward spiral goes on.

Go to bed Jimmy

He didn't forged his law degree

Nothing fake about his degree user, not being from a prestigious school =/= fake

But Jimmy was fucking right. Those old bags were all on borrowed time even if you give the vast assumption they'd all make it to 100 you have to understand that old people only have up to their late-80s before life becomes an utterly bland joyless affair.

It was better for them to settle and get their money now then wait years for the lawyers to squeeze out every penny.

When I see threads like this, or ones that completely misrepresent the story of breaking bad as being about "muh family" I just can't help but think is Vince's writing really that good that plebs truly cannot comprehend it?

not who you are calling jimmy, but didnt you pay attention to the show? chuck is the one who stopped jimmy from being hired by HHM as a lawyer, but was too big a pussy to own up to it.

at that point jimmy was going straight and if hired by them would have been a straight lawyer.

>mail order degree from a school nobody has ever heard of all before online college was a real thing
Checks out

go to bed Chuck

oh wait ur dead ha!

but it is an accredited school and he is a legal member of the bar. where is the scam here?

you are right, the best bet for them was to settle then and get the money. also if they held out and got more money, would it really make any more of a difference to them? jimmy is in the right here, but he is kind of sleazy about it.

>Jimmy would have gone straight
But BRAVO VINCE shows time and time again throughout the series that every time Jimmy does even remotely the right thing he either immediately regrets it or undoes it all with a 180, Jimmy can't escape his self destructive underhanded nature any more than Charles can escape his arrogance

Also he couldn't actually give them any real legal advice, cause then the lawyers of that other firm will buttfuck him out of his cut

>guy who has been pulling scams since he was 8 is incapable of fudging his way into the bar

he regrets it as in those times it always leaves him fucked over or doesn't leave him in any better position than he started. he does teh right thing and what is his reward?
at HHM he would get praise for good work by his brother (which the show highlighted he really liked, like when he brought the case to chuck and chuck was happy about it) but also kim was there and he would be bonuses and shit liek that. he wouldn't feel the need to go be underhanded again.

since when did the show even ever hint at him scamming his way into the bar?

This guy() is right. HHM was trying to get a bigger cheque for the clients sure (is the extra money even going to make a difference for people that live at a home? what can they even buy with it??), but they are also getting a bigger portion for themselves, and to keep money out of Jimmy's hands. Jimmy made the case, he did a lot of the early legwork; no one will argue that his method to ensure the money wasn't crude and hurtful, but I'd say he deserves a share.

>If you want to speak to me again, Chuck, you Better Call Saul
what did Jimmy mean by this?

But if he just ends up going right back to it, it shows that he doesn't truly feel remorse or a desire to stop, just like a drug addict or an alcoholic, even if you get them cleaned up and give them a job and a home to live in 9/10 times they're going to end up right back where they started, shooting smack behind Arbys

get off your high horse and discuss something

>if hired by them would have been a straight lawyer.
how do you know this to be true based on jimmy's habitual history? maybe jimmy stays straight for awhile, does a good and then what? chuck knows his brother better than anyone and maybe based on jimmy's past he knows he will slip up again

>ah Jimmy, come on in. You remember our mutual friend Marvel's Agents of Shield?
Yassss slay Vince

except it is his brother's refusal to support Jimmy that causes him to fall into his old ways. Like you get out of prison and the court, for wahtever reason, makes you live with your drug-addicted family member.

But Charles did support Jimmy, dozens of times in the past, look at all the flashbacks of Chuck bailing him out when he had nowhere left to go, he gave him nothing but support until he realized that he was only enabling him to continue screwing up as long as chuck was there to bail him. Jimmy was no different from an addict, no matter how much help you give them they never change

i think my view is this the show makes it clear that getting hired was a huge deal to him. he worked in secret to get his degree and was so fucking happy when he got it, and was very excited to tell chuck abou tit. he had huge hopes of getting hired and you see what a huge disappointment it was for him when he was told no. it broke him. that was his hopes and dreams and chuck squashed those and this really affected him.

this is also shown when he does get a second chance when he brings the case to chuck and they take it to HHM and he is happy as hell ot work with chuck and so excited to get a second chance of being hired only to have his dreams squashed a second time.

ive always seen it as the show was clear that not being hired at HHM set jimmy back.

But that's only a justification for his actions just like "I murdered 10 people because I didn't get any grape juice today"
>well clearly it was the grape juice that put him over the edge

This.

If Chuck had just let based Howard hire Jimmy then Jimmy would have never become a criminal lawyer and never would have been there to help Walt which led to hundreds of deaths. People died because Chuck was dick to his little brother.

>IT WASN'T ME IT WAS IGNACIO

Does Jimmy's patheticness know no bounds?

jimmy isn't an evil person. it's clearly shown that he tries his best to do the right thing. the issue is that every time adversity comes up he reverts back to his old ways. i think this was chuck's issue. jimmy is too unpredictable