/who/ - Doctor Who General

LETTER TO CHIBNALL EDITION

ITT WE WRITE A LETTER TO OUR LORD AND MASTER. CHRIS CHIBNALL. TO VOICE OUR REQUESTS FOR THE NEW SERIES. IMAGES ARE ALLOWED!

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/632867/female-dr-Doctor-Who-bisexual-lesbian-gay-affair-Jodie-Whittaker-Pearl-Mackie
youtu.be/4F84WapAH7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dear,

Chrissy boy

DEAR CHIBNALL, HAVE HER WEAR THE HAT

Ginger

Are we done being slow now

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE need more entries for classic as well as NuWho Doctors. Entries for Thirteen are accepted as well. Aug 10th is deadline

chibby

if this bread goes well i might make a video about it

I had a half-joking idea of trying to piece together a blatantly plagiarized story from sentences in each of the Target novelizations like that Assassin of Secrets book about 5 years back

I had such high hopes for Chibnall's run

dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/632867/female-dr-Doctor-Who-bisexual-lesbian-gay-affair-Jodie-Whittaker-Pearl-Mackie

Here's a list of Doctors that still need stories. (You can still write stories with other Doctors who already have entries. In fact, I'd be glad to have them.):

Second Doctor
Fourth Doctor
War Doctor
Tenth Doctor
Kris Marshall Doctor with Anri Okata companion
Morbius Doctor fics
Foreman Doctor fics

More Thirteenth Doctor stories would be nice as well.

I'll also accept stories with just the companions.

Perhaps a story where Ian and Barbara encounter Bill and Nardole?

Or that story that Moffat was originally gonna make for the 50th when it looked like Matt Smith's contract would run out, with just Clara Oswald in the 50th celebration?

Or a story where Frobisher the Whifferdill meets Frobisher from Torchwood?

Or a story where that good Cyberman from the 8th Doctor comics shows up?

Or a story with Faction Paradox

If Kate Stewart appears in a Whittaker episode, how are you meant to tell them apart?

Kate's milfier

also the auton stratagem Doctor

If by that you mean "fuglier" then yes.

RUDE

Easy.

I want to fuck Kate, and I want to make love to the Doctor.

If you continue to watch Doctor Whore then you are a balless beta nu-male.

I want to cuddle with the Doctor under a blanket on a cold winter evening while she reads me Gallifreyan bedtime stories

>12 walks into his TARDIS after seeing 1 off
>presets the destination for safety
>flips a switch on the control
>the audio of a classic rock favorite of his fills the room
I don't wanna know your name
>he wordlessly walks up the stairs of the TARDIS, looking impatient
'Cause you don't look the same
>sits next in his favorite chair
The way you did before
>grabs a bottle of scotch
Okay, you think you got a pretty face
>pours a glass
But the rest of you is out of place
>looks at his watch, like he's waiting for someone
You looked alright before
>falls forward and collapses, regeneration has begun

eh, I wasn't using them anyways. Not like I'm planning on having kids.

I want the Doctor to tie me to the bed and ride me me desu

The music and written dialogue in this scene where pure KINO, but they went with the worst take possible.

youtu.be/4F84WapAH7M

Like, I know 11 is supposed to be dying, but...

Post YFW they make 1 advise the Doctor to become a woman, "because it's her turn".

Better entry song for him desu

i actually really fucking want him to listen to classic rock when he regenerates holy fuck

>i travelled to 2016, my dear boy.... it was meant to be her turn.. make it right, for her...

>yfw Don't Stop Me Now

>We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me.

The dialogue is great, the delivery was good, but Matt was acting like the scene was written for more camera angle changes.

>Jodie appears just as the song hits "Fox on the run / You scream and everybody comes a running"

Not sure if I like series 1 and think it's unequivocally based because it is or because it was my first experience of Doctor Who and is "how it should be" in my view.

>inb4 muh farts
They made them add that so it wasn't too scary because otherwise it would be aliens subverting society by wearing the skin of our current leaders

Will s11 be a better jumping on point than s1 or s5?

I think we need another Spearhead From Space/Rose/Eleventh Hour

Best way to start a new era with a new showrunner safely

Absolutely, because it is the first series in 7 years that's not moFFUCKED

would be great to get us used to jodie if you're unsure about her. seeing her go through the usual Tardis/time lord explanations would probably cement her as the doctor for a lot of people

cringe

>would be great to get us used to jodie if you're unsure about her
Your opinion isn't partisan enough, please either drop the show entirely or call everyone who disagrees with it a stupid boardie cletus.

At least Jodie couldn't wear anything worse than this fucking mess. The tweed was so iconic, why change it?

Actually, they changed too much with Seires 7B. New TARDIS, new costume, new personality for 11, new show aesthetic.

It made Time of the Doctor not actually feel like 11's goodbye, but a weird, almost 12th Doctor's (that happened to be played by Matt) goodbye.

Felt like I was cheated out of a true meeting between 10 and 11 in DotD, really.

scringe(stone)

Ien't it past your bed time, Steven? Have sweet dreams about immortal lesbians flying through the universe together.

>11th Doctor
>wearing something that hampers rapid, impulsive movement

What did they mean by this?

>New TARDIS, new costume, new personality for 11, new show aesthetic.
he missed the Ponds, user

Long jacket is always better

I kinda agree. Felt like a different Doctor. They also made him way less impulsive.

Sonic umbrella

anyone brining politics into this general and doctor who at all should be culled.

Hey don't diss the purple coat
Talk shit about the green monstrosity

He never watched the show user

I liked the frock.

Though, I hate 11 merch without the tweed. It's too iconic.

would you approve of a Perkins companion for 13?

I almost want the waistcoat and glasses and the original tweed

Only if there's another companion with him

Shona or bust

>13, Shona and Perkins
would this be the ultimate TARDIS team?

More like Shona with bust hahaha

c l a r a
u
t
e

Someone write a shit trips about the Time Lords hunting down and killing Clara and immortal bitch

You can't kill immortal bitch

the time lords hunting down clara and forcing her to face the raven could make a really good story desu

>"Em sorry, Clareh, meh predecesseh were a bet sentimental, 'e never shoulda letcheh lev."

She's long living, not indestructible

Indestructible, you say?

Torchwood Out of Time is utter kino

They really need to let her keep the Yorkshire accent.

Glad someone got what I was doing there, in Yank hours, too. Thought I'd look retarded.

Say whatever you want, this scene still wrecks me.

I'm writing a sequel to the Thirteenth Doctor Solitude fic by SCP user.

It features Shona.

Was Smith your first doctor?
I always hated him, and his stories. 2010 to 2013 was shit for me, to tell you the truth I haven't really enjoyed it since. Capaldi is great but I juet hate how Moffat tries to do mindfuckery and it comes off as trash. This series was better, there was less of that, but yet again phoning in a immortal lesbian galaxy tour was shit.
I will not be sad to see him leave.

Is it true that you're a homophobe? Is it true that Cats is gay? Is it true that you hate Cats?

None of those are true.

Says who?

Far from it but there was something childlike and impulsive and just brilliant to me about his portrayal, made me feel younger and more fascinated with the world around me. The stories they gave him were not always great, but watching him just worked for me. His eccentricities and everything, he became The Doctor. I never once felt he was an actor playing a character.

this tbqh
eccleston was my first doctor, and I love him to bits, but smith was by far my favorite - he's like a young patrick troughton; embodies the role so perfectly you really believe he's actually him.

>those are true.
Thank you.

He was everything the Doctor isn't to me. I imagine the Doctor as a stoic and resolute man who's genius and intellect strikes awe and admirstion into the hearts of those around him, Smith was just an excitable teenager to me. I let it slide in the pilot because muh regeneration, but he NEVER settled down, he was always the same from then on and I hated every second of it. He was my least favourite doctor and I cringe whenever I rewatch his stuff, in my opinion he was an appalling choice to be the Doctor.

You say "The Doctor always has a funny side!" And yes, if you watch Troughton he was a silly old man some of the time, but his cunning and brilliance ALWAYS came through in the end, I never daw any of that with Matt. Even his "serious" scenes were shit to me because they always seemed like a little kid wearing his daddies shoes.

And this isn't even about age, Davison didn't play the doctor as a clown and he was relatively young, but Matt was always running, waving his arms, acting stupid, I hated his doctor so fucking much.

I liked Matt as 11. In a lot of his scenes, he always came out as somewhat unhinged, whether serious or silly. Like 11's been through a lot of shit, and all of it has begun to take a toll on his mind and his personality.The parts where he randomly snaps adds to this.

Was your original exposure to the show during the Classic era? (Just asking out of sheer curiousity. I feel like this interpretation of the Doctor would be more in-line for those who first watched Classic Who, or otherwise greatly prefer it.)

>I feel like this interpretation of the Doctor would be more in-line for those who first watched Classic Who, or otherwise greatly prefer it.
You might be right but weirdly enough, a lot of the Planet Mondas classicfags love Matt's portrayal of the Doctor

Nope, started with 9 when I was about 7, then I solely watched nu-who until the end of series 4, then I watched classic who as something to do between the specials and have been ever since.

probably because it reminds them of Troughton

Matt was phenomenal at communicating the Doctor's age. By which I mean, you could see all those hundreds of years weighing down on him. Yes, he was childish and fun and animated, but when he was in one of his darker moods... He felt ancient and alien and so, so sad. Maybe he is a bit controversial, but I personally feel that Matt did an amazing job at portraying the Doctor in a fairly unique way, whilst still capturing the soul and spirit at the core of the character. I do get why people might disagree depending on their own interpretation of the Doctor, but for me... 11 is one of my favourites, for sure.

Yeah, but 6 was all that without being an idiot about it. It really was just too childish for me, mister funny face and his magic box. Took all this dignity, severity, and gravitas out of the show for me. The deliberately convoluted storylines so Moffat could get a BAFTA just made it worse, they made a show about a prodigy who solves problems wherever he turns up into what felt like a terrible fanfilm by some "deep" college grad who wanted to appear intellectual.

so you're just a kid with shit taste then.

That's kinda surprising, just because nu-who is lacking in the "stoic and resolute" portrayals of the Doctor. In the sense that those would be his defining traits, anyway. Maybe you disagree, but I wouldn't have said any of the nu-who Doctors specifically fit your definition of who the Doctor should be.

Never been more keen for an xmas special

I'm not even sure if classic Doctors are stoic and resolute, besides Three.

Yeah, that's about right.
I never said I preferred nu-who, just that its' what I first saw. And I'd argue 9 was stoic and resolute, particularly in episodes like Dalek, where he was perfectly willing to kill it simply because of what he knew it was capable of. Outside of the kiss in PotW he was also a father/mentor figure to Rose, even taking her back to see her dad and losing his shit when she saved his life ANUTHER SCHTEWPID AHPE where as 11 and Amy were just friends, equals, he never really took charge.

What are some stories you wished to see from Capaldi's run?

It was overdone with Matt but I wanted at least one weeping angels episode. They were the only good thing out of that era anyways.

I like the Weeping Angels a lot, but I feel like there's not much more room to explore with them, storywise.

SCP user here.
I am a legit Shonafag.
Really looking forward to reading it.

You're probably right.

Just the idea of space grandpa fighting them makes me giddy though.

With Matt, a lot of his "fun and whimsical" moments seemed bittersweet, since it felt like he had gotten to a point where with everything he's seen up until now, the only way for him to really stay sane is to live in the present and cherish everything - hence why he was "the man who forgets" in The Day of the Doctor, he had to force himself to move on. A lot of his era had him saying everything was special and everyone was important; Like in The Power of Three he mentions he's not running away from anything, but rather because life is short and everything could be gone the next moment, he's running to see it all. One of the Doctor's traits to me is an undefeated sense of optimism, in the face of nearly anything, and Matt really embodied that in his performance.

But even then, I really don't understand the people that say Matt is overly silly or any of that. Re-watching Eccleston and Tennant, and even Capaldi post-S8, they all appear incredibly silly and funny throughout, the big difference is just their age, which I think a lot of people failed to look past. Matt also shows his serious side a lot more often than people give him credit for.

>where as 11 and Amy were just friends, equals, he never really took charge.
I can't see this at all. In his very second episode he gets fed up with Amy for trying to prevent him from knowing the truth about Starship UK and screams at her that she is going right home when he's finished, In Flesh and Stone he completely loses his cool under the stress and lashes out at both River and Amy, in The Rebel Flesh he and his ganger swap shoes to prove a point about humanity to Amy, in The Girl Who Waited he tricks Old-Amy into dying because he knows he can't take her with him. There are plenty of instances of him showing authority and coldness, and just like 9 and 10, 11 only reaches those points when he's pushed to - The Doctor isn't an inherently cold person.

More of Heather

I hope I do it justice.

one with Captain Jack just to see him punch 12 thinking he's Frobisher

one written by Armando Iannucci

one with another of his Thick of It co-stars

one with Chumbleys

True enough. I haven't finished my watch-through of each classic Doctor, so I'm a bit uninformed in that regard.

Oh! I see. Sorry, my mistake. I just meant that generally one's initial exposure to a certain incarnation of the Doctor will affect how they then interpret the character later on... or so I initially thought. I guess that may not be as much the case as I figured. But, yeah, you're right about 9 - he's probably the closest to that "ideal" out of the nu-who Doctors. Maybe even 12 too? At some points anyway.

But, uhm... I don't know. I've always felt that the very essence of the Doctor is one of change. Like, when he regenerates, he doesn't just get a new physical form, but a new personality too! As long as his core values remain roughly the same (allowing for some variation from new experiences), he's still the Doctor. I don't feel that there's one specific ideal any incarnation needs to aspire to, and each regeneration has always been multi-faceted in some way. He doesn't have to be one specific character archetype, and that's what makes him interesting. Smith's Doctor was one very much built around contrast - the old soul in the young body. The childishness and excitability offset by the grief and the anger.

As long as no incarnation becomes a one-dimensional cardboard cut-out, I'm okay with any interpretation of the Doctor's character... assuming it stays aligned with his core values, and maintains the traits that have generally been consistent across all forms.

But that's just my personal view of the character, honestly. I get that not everyone will agree, but I'm very much okay with regenerations with personalities somewhat more defined from the rest. I enjoy them!

>12
>no dad
>moms never home
>weird kid with no friends, always end up pushing everyone away
>school is hell, smart kid but never did my work
>start watching Doctor Who every week
>the doctor is alone just like me
>even though he's sad inside he doesn't give up
>even when he gets knocked down he gets right back up
>the doctor is my idol
>sitting in my room one day crying
>asking god why he had to give me this life, why he couldn't have just given me a normal family like everyone else
>doctor who is playing in the background
>hear david tennant say "Nothing is impossible" as if it's being said directly to me
>stop crying, if the doctor can be strong then so can I, I'll make him proud

That show taught me that the world isn't fair, to persevere through adversity, that there is always something more to learn, no matter how much you know. What message is Doctor Who trying to convey today, that you can suck dick and eat pussy at the same fucking time and still be a-okay? This shit makes me fucking sick, as if the character hasn't been gelded enough, now the Doctor is going to be made into a woman whose personality begins and ends with her bisexuality for no other reason than that some fucking mongoloids at the BBC are afraid that maybe women don't feel included, because it's not like that at nearly any given time at least half of the show's titular characters have been female since the show first aired in 1963.

I'm so sick of this shit. I wouldn't mind the Doctor being made into a woman if I didn't know for an absolute fact that the show is going to metamorphose into "eccentric time traveling lesbian talks fast and shows everyone how strong and independent she is". I can only imagine all of the cringey flirting scenes with mistress or whatever the fuckt hey call the master now that i'm going to have to skip through. God have mercy on ours souls.

what's your favorite doctor who quote?
be it funny, poetic, sad, exciting, etc. what's your favorite quote?

k