JSA Storytime: Foolkiller

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

LIVE A POET--OR DIE A FOOL

Other urls found in this thread:

fyeahsupermanandloislane.tumblr.com/post/148860269197/superwoman-wasnt-super
roguesportal.com/2016/08/9031/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Following news that upcoming Civil War II issues are being delayed as much four weeks each, series writer Brian Michael Bendis has come out to explain the reasons - and also announce that the event series is expanding by one issue.

>"Well, if you peek over at David Marquez's Facebook you’ll discover that he and his amazing wife Tara just had a kick ass baby boy. A very cute baby too. And not all babies are cute at the start :)," Bendis posted on Tumblr. "Not a delay hell, or a conspiracy, just a new baby in the middle of the hardest issue to draw. the ending of four shows that five is a monster."

>Although Bendis doesn't state how much exactly that affected Marquez's output, he does say that the artist has been doing "about a page a day for the last couple weeks."

>And for Marvel's part, Bendis said they're confident in the team despite the delays to greenlight another issue - Civil War II #8.

>"I came up with a better ending but needed the pages," said Bendis. "Very grateful that they let us do our thing."

>Marvel pursued a similiar strategy with its last major event, Secret Wars. That series was expanded by one issue, despite significant delays, due to what the publisher said was revised plans by writer Jonathan Hickman.

>Marvel could not be reached for comment.

CW1 all over again
Except with more babies

>New Super-Man outselling CW2 #4 after you correct for returnability

sometimes good things can happen

I took my sweet beloved doggie to the vet for the last time today.

Oh, damn. I'm sorry OP. That's a horrible thing to do even when it's right to do.

READY FOR FOOLS

dude had a kid!

:(

i'm so sorry

He'd been sick for almost three days, throwing up everything, and so it wasn't just storm stress. The dogbetes had gone into ketoacidosis, and I wasn't going to put him on an IV drip.

It fucking hurts, though.

SO WE'RE GETTING DRUNK TONIGHT

Sorry to hear that OP

Finally

aw, I'm so sorry OP

New digital uploads?

Yes Manhunter is getting remastered.

There's this little bubble of horribleness unique to having a pet put down, no matter how correct the decision is. IKTF.

I came across a long rant from a Loisfag fyeahsupermanandloislane.tumblr.com/post/148860269197/superwoman-wasnt-super

the gist of it is they are mad that Lana isn't a Mary Sue any more, that Pak did more with her in the new 52 than anybody else did with Lana, and that now she is less feminine than Lois which is bad because it makes Lois look worse by comparison

At least you were there for it, my parents had to take in the dog I grew up to be euthanized while I was away at college.

It's awful either way though, sorry for your loss.

nice

thanks owls. it hurts, but it was the right thing to do, it would have been cruel to poke him and try to prolong things any further, and it was quick and peaceful.

I keep looking for him in the house, though.

DC unlimited one day i hope

I hope not.

mercifully I can get totally blotto tonight, too :)

sadly DC actually makes money with trades so they won't do it

Will they just be put in Win-o? Been wanting to read solo Ted for awhile

I fucking love comic books.

If we wanna talk crazy rants today roguesportal.com/2016/08/9031/ I'm particularly freaked out by "But here’s a thing: I can’t be Batgirl, I can’t be Wonder Woman. I can be Poison Ivy: I am Poison Ivy. I am Pamela Isley.

>that Ostrander SS:War Crimes preview
>that Batman #5 preview
Fuckin beautiful

Oh my god OP, I'm sorry.

Literally one of the hardest things you can ever do.

OH THEM

20 pounds of crazy in a 10 pound bag. and it's not even good crazy.

i realized over the weekend if i actually followed some comics twitter people i would probably end up blocked for making fun of them

it's strange that the action's back.

>i would probably end up blocked for making fun of them
tbf what else is twitter for?

>Unfortunately the depth Gaiman offered to the character was mostly ignored. She had a brief run in Suicide Squad and most of her appearances were a result of the “green scare”, attempts to portray environmentalism as a global threat, or she was used as a straw feminist.

i almost feel this needs a trigger warning desu

I'm sorry.

OP is still a faggot, though.

Shit like that is why Swamp Thing rarely ever interacts with Poison Ivy. Because they have to write around that he's basically a better version of her.

oh dear

>I can't be a magical demigoddess or a smart street vigilante but I CAN be a mystic force of nature!

I'm sorry OP.:(

It's the whole two characters thing again.

I'm not even looking at Ostrander preview, I'm walking into my LCS and handing them monies in exchange for COMIC BOOKS that day.

what's the belt buckle motif--is it nautical?

This happened to me too. Family dog got sick from dog food that had a manufacturing defect. It all happened over less than a week so I didn't get the chance to get home and say goodbye.

Shit ain't healthy.

i'm having fun picturing the shit storm of Ivy getting an Anatomy Lesson now

that sounds fucking dirty i sorry

>Rose Rosen
that's nice dearie

shhh, don't apologize, stupid comics shit is what we all need right now, especially me

I wonder how many hours of their life this person wasted writing all this fucking garbage.

It looks kind of like a shell?

>Ivy getting an Anatomy Lesson now
Holy shit, I want this so bad now. How would you guys go about it?

This is one costume where at least the cosplay would look exactly as shitty as the real thing. It's great.

>Anatomy Lesson

that reminds me, we didn't get a chance to talk about the fake leak thread >*Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing, which was rejected when Paul Levitz was allowed to read it and basically shat bricks at some of the stuff Hickman wanted to do. Hickman made the pitch with DC having an eye towards relaunching Legion as a "Young Animals" book (mainly as the centerpiece of a second wave of Young Animals titles) but since Levitz has friends at DC and considers Legion his baby, Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.

>*The pitch, in particular, had among other things: Brainiac 5 going evil, several major Legion members dying (including the founding three), some risky sex stuff, and Mon-El's entire backstory getting the "Anatomy Lesson" treatment as far as revealing he was never from the 20th Century and was created by Brainy.

If by some fluke that it's real I'm glad it didn't happen

Storyteller, you said you wanted to read Ostrander's Heroes For Hire, right? Did you read when I did it last week?

Did this guy read those cards at all before he started in on the gig? Seems like mixed messages.

that's the Ivy League point woman, she's wasted a huge amount of her life on this one topic, and probably not even gotten off for it

...or maybe she has, IDK

See with the pages all laid out in order, the repetition of the gun panel works so well

I don't think the leak was real but I could 100% absolutely see Hickman doing the first, and I wouldn't mind the last. Also lol @ risky sex stuff considering the Shooter files. All he'd have to do was write that into the script.

Unfortunately I did not, nights I haven't run stuff I've come home and gone straight to bed :(

we'll have to all read it together some time

I totally wanna cosplay this and see if anyone at all gets it

Superman Red and Blue are back. shit is crazy y'all

I kept laughing at that bc like Why do that with Mon El!? and so Brainy made a working Mon El?? and how do people in the past have memories?!?

lol forever at Hickman not wanting to play with LOSH continuity

Legion as a Young Animal anchor sounds rad as fuck tho

It's a vagina

I couldn't sleep last night because I felt like someone had beaten me with a stick at 3 AM.

Tha's sad OP, but you'll manage

I don't even think Shooter was that weird in his lewdness. They could go weirder.

This page is super great. I'm here every day for this page.

Why does he give them the card after killing them? Is he intending other fools to get it as a warning?

Not everyone is a natural pervert like us

The world needs more cosplay from obscure but good runs.

what if hickman was the only one brave enough for full alien sex

yes

The motif of the "purification gun" is great, there's so much you can do with it

the flipside is, not gonna lie, he'd become a difficult burden as well because he couldn't really be left alone at all, because you had to let him out to pee and he couldn't find his water bowl, and he'd cry horribly in frustration.

Hickman DEFINITELY wasn't the only one brave enough for full alien sex. There are legions brave enough for that.

Well, shit. What's out this week? How are you owls? Other than this, I am actually doing pretty well, once I process it.

>Our Love is Real: Legion Edition

I'm gonna finish up New Warriors vol 2 tonight.

>"Anatomy Lesson" treatment
?

and this is some seriously good comics, right here, Foolkiller is.

Aquaman, GLs, GA, Batman, Scooby Apocalypse, Supergirl Rebirth (based Orlando), Nightwing

I just realized all the double shipping books I read are 2nd/4th week titles

I am good, aside from Sony's terrible customer service leading me to ragequit Playstation altogether, I bought an Xbone yesterday

getting a bunch of books together to sell, all these dumb mass market paperbacks i'm gonna get like 50 cents for.

started that 2nd nk jemisin, already better bc mystery tropes and commoners > standard generic new commoner is royalty stuff

mass market paperback is the best form for books don't @ me

if Flash could move I'd be in love.

> 34. GREEN ARROW #3 [*] (DC) - 72,864
> 35. GREEN ARROW #2 [*] (DC) - 72,849

this makes me happy

I am so curious about Supergirl and Orlando on it.

Is Ostrander Skwad this week or next?

How on Earth do you not know what that is? How casual are you?

daaaaaaang

this brings one Life in Hell page to mind, a bit inappropriately

The JLI rumor woulda been neat.
Speaking of, can OP use her meme magic to make DC create vol 7 already?

I like that even though his job is really shitty, his co-workers are actually pretty nice kids.

Next week.

It's nice to see a vigilante motivated by mundane pressures, rather than some sort of unlikely tragedy.

"Anatomy Lesson" was one of the earliest issues of Moore's Swamp Thing. Prior to that, Swamp Thing was assumed to be a human transformed into a monster, and his motivation was mostly to turn back into a human (basically Ben Grimm, but in a horror series).

Moore retconned that Swamp Thing was a monster who took the memories of a man, and never WAS a man himself. Ironically, despite freaking the fuck out at first, after a trilogy with a real man turned plant monster, he ended up at peace with what he was.

To be fair user, I read Moore's Swamp Thing in one sitting, and forgot what the name was.

Supergirl seems like Orlando broadening his horizons a bit, so even if I'm not terribly interested in the character I would like to see how he does

Osty Skwad is next week I think, along with Six Pack/Dogwelder

awww shit, my wallet that week, then

I love moore's first issue is called "Loose Ends" and just ties up the run before

To be fair, his father was murdered by muggers.

If he'd just lost his job and his lifestyle, I doubt he would've snapped nearly this hard.

oh shit, Omega Men trade is out next week too

Like this?

I only started reading comics like nine months ago. Google's turning up Swamp Thing 21. Is that what's being referenced?

AND Blue Beetle!

that's been pre-ordered on Amazon for months for me, I'm fucking excite to see the extras and to loan it out

THE END IS HERE, PRAISE OMEGA

Thanks

yeah, it was the original "Everything you thought you knew is wrong" comic

I definitely feel like his personal situation is the bigger motivation right now, but sure, there was a trigger.

Remember Storyteller, Amazon gets trades a week later.