Is there any other movie reviewer more pretentious than this faggot?

Is there any other movie reviewer more pretentious than this faggot?

How the fuck do people like him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfFgnJoLiQE&t=374s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9e82bFWtYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who ever edits his videos are pretty good tho

He's hella interesting stfu you dumb faggot before I sage you into oblivion.

He is very sophisticated for someone like you.

The way he speaks is very...phony. He wants you to, to think he's having a conversation. So he randomly...pauses and l-leaves in a few stutters. This tricks the slow minded into...thinking he's just shooting the shit. Like he's not reading this off of a script.

Not really pretentious. Just painfully pedantic and lacking in substance, like all these obnoxious millennial youtuber film "analysts."

>Is there any other movie reviewer more pretentious than RalphtheMovieMaker?
Ftfy. Also dogfucker. Nerdwriter isn't a movie reviewer and the ones with smaller subscriber counts are usually the most pretentious.

>lacking in substance

This is his biggest problem. I could forgive the pompousness if he didn't just stretch out a really trivial idea for 10 minutes.

Think about what you're complaining about.
>he rehearses until it sounds natural, what a loser!

look it's one of his brainlet fans with a pained twat. It's not natural it's phony. He's not your friend.

the weather makes it feel like Fall
But the posts remind me it's summer

You are so intelligent and certainly not pretentious!

There's so many of these copycat channels around I've noticed. Usually a twenty something guy and the titles are usually pretentious shit

> The subtlety of chaos in [film name]
> emotions through eyes in [film name]
> thrill of the chase, how [film name]
> the brilliance of... [film name]

I agree his presentation style is "well rehearsed" but every once in a while he has a decent train of thought. For example, i do agree with him that super hero movies are falling into the same series of tropes and becoming too predictable. His shtick on passable movies was decent as well.

I don't understand the complaint. It's very rarely distracting and when it is it's only because I feel like I'm being talked down to.

Compared to something like KaptainKristian that sounds straight up monotous or boring-- or one of the many comic book channels that are cringing combinations of monotony, repetitive phrases, and hyper-verbal nerd quips-- I genuinely don't see the big deal that he makes an effort to sound as authentic as possible even when he obviously isn't.
It's a welcome alternative.

So anyone who rehearses a script for a message he's trying to present to an audience is automatically a...phony? This leaves us as readers with no choice but to f-focus on one simple fact....you're a retard

>i do agree with him that super hero movies are falling into the same series of tropes and becoming too predictable.
wow
maybe I will make a video saying that shit tastes like shit and I will get famous too

It's okay user, someone will notice you someday

youtube.com/watch?v=bfFgnJoLiQE&t=374s

this is one of his worst videos

>"how to film thought"
>proceeds to talk about a very specific type of thought
>proceeds to compliment how good it is to have random shit happening with random clips and images edited together
>some of the images and clips in the segment does not even have to do with the episode and the story (ie the redbeard scene)
>"uhhhhh but there no cgi, fuck cgi amirite guys???"

Seriously, if you critically watch all his videos he:
1. Connects random ideas that does not have to do with each other
"Look how well the color balance fits with the lens guys"

2. His videos are convoluted and have too much going on, half of his videos dont even have anything to do with his title

3. "cgi is bad"

4. Invents terms out of thin air and explains them like it make the film a masterpiece
(from the video included:)"reverse shots are really good right?"

If you think about his videos for more than a few seconds you would realize he either was explaining a very simple concept or just bullshiting

(Obviously sometimes he does have interesting observations, but the majority of his videos are trash)

I am more referring to the way he titles his videos and his actual substance, see i have no problem with his presentation style, his editing is very good and i find him very charismatic, it's what he says that is shit

didn't he make one about Game of Thrones recently?
i watched and he said that the events in the battle of the bastards were "unpredictable", holy shit lmao

He makes some good points and his vids are slick, but he's an annoying faggot so I only watch them when I've got 10minutes to fill and nothing else on the go.

I hate the way he... pauses, as if he's thinking about what he's about to... say.
Even though it's frequently easy to guess as a viewer, and I don't think for a minute his shit isn't written down.

>until it sounds natural
but it doesn't tho
it sounds fake af

And he always ends on this open ended note that conitions the viewer to feel... ponderous.

>It's very rarely distracting
4U
To me it's a constant reminder of how fucking pretentious he is in every fucking way.

Unironically this.
I instinctively avoid the videos that I can tell are going to be 7-13 minutes of twaddle, and sometimes I get bored and tired of it popping up on my recommended and watch them to see if I'm right. I usually am.

I like his video on Prisoner of Azkaban though, and Breathless.
It's really annoying when he advertises a video about a particular concept and then zeroes in on a really monolithic example for 90% of the video.

You're thinking of Lessons From A Screenplay or whatever it's called.

The Royal Ocean Film Society is the only one of these channels worth the time typically.

The topics he talks about are interesting, but yes he's an annoying faggot who's totally unwatchable. He really gets in the way of his own videos.

Anyone that calls themselves a nerd deserves to die. No exceptions.

>So anyone who rehearses a script for a message he's trying to present to an audience is automatically a...phony?
No, anyone that rehearses fake "thinking" pauses into a narration is, by definition, a phony.

>"Why Back to the Future is the epitome of tension"
>Back to the Future is a classic, that is a given fact, but one needs to look into how it is made... to see its greatness.
>When watching the movie, your mind knows its a movie, but what it doesnt know, is that its watching moving pictures with sound...a film.
>Tension is defined as "the state of being stretched tight" almost as if our minds were being stretched...tight
>Robert Zemeckis is the master of stretching time, stretching it to his will, bending, and contorting...the script to his will...

this hurts to watch
m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9e82bFWtYU

It's good.

The way you wrote that, makes me immerse in the story, it's.. it's like I'm actually listening to the NerdWriter. Not in a way that's enjoyable. More so... in a way that truly conveys what an obnoxious, and depressing, character he truly is.
Notice that... blablaabl

FUCK! I can't even keep it up myself, I tried to do it in the text above here, but my fucking god. You'd have to structure your sentences in such an unnatural way. Leaving out alot of words that wouldn't work to come across like the annoying pompous asshole he is.

>(Obviously sometimes he does have interesting observations, but the majority of his videos are trash)

He has the potential to make great youtubekino, but I imagine he's just rushing things making whatever shitty idea comes in his head so he can keep up with his weekly schedule. But he's still popular, so why bother improving?