I'd honestly be more hyped for this film if each member of the team got at least one solo movie first

>I'd honestly be more hyped for this film if each member of the team got at least one solo movie first.

Their solo movies would be so bland.
>Aquaman shakes his fists a irresponsible oil shippers
>Flash runs around people a lot
>Cyborg gets his body shot at and pew pews back at bad guys

I do agree but if the avengers can make it work why can't the justice league?

I would only watch a Flash movie if it featured Gorilla Grodd.

I'd be more hyped if flash didn't look like shit.

>being hyped for capeshit
reported.

Who approved Flash and Cyborg's looks?

If they just removed the weird ?cross marks?wiring?whatever the fuck is going on? it'd be fine imo.

nobody

Snyder

Out of all these characters flash has the most potential for solo films, except for batman of course, and they can't even do that right.
Grodd first movie, Rogues second, and reverse flash third. There, I just figured out your trilogy DC

>1987 did it better

first flash film is gonna be based on Flashpoint paradox which is fucking awful idea

A Cyborg movie would be good ONLY if they show some members of the Teen Titans. I'd love to see a live-action version of Raven, Starfire, and Beast Boy.

Exactly, imagine them teasing that shit for the first two movies and then flashpointing the fuck out of the entire DCU in the third. They could have saved that card for down the road but they're going to blow it early

yeah as a third film it would be great. building up to it with reverse flash and the death of his mom but instead they're just rushing into it.

>no foreplay before sex sucks

Reverse-Flash for first movie.
Captain Cold for second movie.
Gorilla Grodd for final movie.

That would be much better imo.

I would be more hype if they just got the writers for the cartoon
RIP dwayne mcduffie

I think in this order
>Rogues
>Gorilla Grodd
>Reverse flash - flashpoint paradox

Most of them had a movie or two under their belt by then. I doesn't need all of them but a cinematic universe needs establishing.

Imagine if Avengers came out with only IronMan, Guardians, and Hulk.

How can you blow your load on a second speedster in the first movie though? You could even have the reverse flash having set up the other villians to cock tease. Plus i think flashpoint is just a good jumping off point for the reboot they'll have to pull at some point

>>I'd honestly be more hyped for this film if each member of the team got at least one solo movie first.

Yeah, they should have made a movie for each character in Ocean's Eleven.
Lord of the Rings would have been so much better if we got a movie for each member of the fellowship.

I honestly don't know what the fuck the executives at Warner bros were thinking when making suicide squad before even making a solo batman film

Aquaman and Flash are legit better and more interesting characters than Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman you absolute pleb.

The problem with this argument that the Marvel shills constantly say is that they forgot that every member of the Avengers a literal who except the Hulk. Marvel NEEDED to make solo movies first or else no casual fan would have any idea who these other heroes are. DC can get away with it.

Superman - S lister
Batman - S lister
Wonder Woman - S lister
Flash - A lister
Cyborg - A lister
Aquaman - B lister
Green Lantern - B lister

Hulk - A lister
Captain America - C lister
Iron Man - D lister
Thor - F lister
Hawkeye - F lister
Black Widow - F lister
Nick Fury - F- lister

But the Marvel origin stories sucked except Iron Man. And they all bombed at the BO.

Then why didn't Bruce Timm give them solo cartoons before making Justice League?

Batman is literally the only interesting comic book character you virgin.

2/10 for making me reply to that shitty b8

Now you will get to be more hyped about their solo movies. Funny how that works.

>Casual fans had no idea who Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor were before the movies.
>Cyborg as an A Lister, ahead of Green Lantern who had his own animated series and an expanded line of comics.
Why are DCucks so retarded at even ranking DC's properties properly

It's not b8. By definition all of these superheroes and their abilities are fucking retarded. But at least with Batman you can get a good mix of genres...crime, thriller, drama, action, comedy, noir, horror, etc.

A Cyborg movie would bomb if released before his appearance in Justice League.

The lesser known characters, Cyborg, Aquaman (a complete joke to the public), and The Flash (to a much lesser extent), benefit greatly by appearing with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in Justice League before getting their own movies.

Justice League is a great way to introduce these characters to the audience and build up hype before taking the huge financial risk of giving them a solo film.

I only reason I have Cyborg being A lister is because of the Teen Titans cartoon, which was far more popular than Green Lantern's series.

The justice league are a lot more popular than the Avengers but the Avengers have becoming household names in the last 5 years or so due to the success of Marvel. Solo films work by presenting each hero as somebody who can stand by their own when facing a villain. It also works by establishing characters with their powers, abilities and their origins.

Justice league will spend half the film introducing the flash, aquaman and cyborg rather than focusing on the story.

Imagine how shit the Avengers would be if only they released;

>Thor
>Iron man vs Thor
>Captain America
>Guardians of the Galaxy

Your analogy doesn't work, in both those cases every character was originally established together as an ensemble cast.

DC didn't start with justice league, each character had been built up through its own stories and titles and became an individual icon before being brought together.

Frodo is a character with one story involving a team, while batman has many stories, most of which involve him as a lead character

Teen Titans cartoon was huge, user. And I mean worldwide.

t. Brazilian

reminds me of trying to watch Dirty Dozen. Had no idea what was going on

Solo movies for black widow, hawk eye and ruff-hulk were needed?

The Incredible Hulk was canon, they just changed the actor.
Widow was a side-character in Iron Man 2 so there's that. Hawkeye was in Thor but he was still pretty much a nobody all the way until Avengers 2.

It's time to stop.

bump

Don't ever watch Ocean's Eleven then, literally the first film in the franchise is the ensemble flick, it's so confusing

Personally I prefer no setup movies. But I'm relatively biased because I'm a Sup Forumsntrarian so know the origin stories well.

Also, my favourite team up movies never needed establishing solos. Star Wars, Matrix and LotR all come to mind.

I'm hyped as fuck for the idea of justice league, but the leaks thus far leave plenty to be desired.

>Out of all these characters flash has the most potential for solo films
They should kill Barry after his first solo, have him die to hold off Darkseid. Wally is a better Flash and the promoted sidekick would be unique in comic book movie universes AFAIK.

I feel like the DCEU does everything too fast. Superman and Batman fought in the second film, and Superman died in the second film too. They've got an alien invasion occurring in their third (not including SS, although that too had an ancient, world destroying evil and not some small scale threat that a superpowered SWAT team could conceivably be called in for), meaning Batman has done almost no protecting Gotham from street thugs or his rogue's gallery, which will be a huge step down in scale if they ever do it.

Marvel movies might be bland as fuck bit at least they built the scope of their universe (up till GOTG anyway, after that it's a bit all over the place, with the small scale stuff going to new characters that, again, haven't fought off an alien army)

I liked MoS and BvS despite some flaws but I also think the damaged the potential for their universe, unless they start doing films set in the past (like Batman in 2010 or something) and even then they've blown their load with big stuff. Nobody would be impressed if Iron Man spent his next film fighting terrorists on his own after dealing with aliens and other superheroes

I don't know much about Flash but iirc he can go back in time and Reverse Flash has fucked with his whole life through the same ability, which again, should be the climax of an arc and not the first thing he deals with

This is what DC should of done with their releases in this order.

Phase 1
>Batman (set in Arkham. Villain cameos galore)
>The Flash (with Cyborg)
>Wonder Woman (not set in ww1 and setting up next film due links with greek mythology)
>Aquaman
>Superman (ending with superman defeated, needing a team)
>Justice League
>Green lanterns corps (buddy cop film in space, Hal Jordan and John Stewart as main. Starfire Cameo)

Phase 2
>Batman 2 (introduce Robin, Green arrow and Bat family)
>The Flash 2 (with Rogues Gallery)
>Shazam
>Wonder Woman & Aquaman team up film
>Man of Steel 2 (with Superboy)
>Justice League 2 (with Batman, Superman, Flash, Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Wonder Woman,
>John Constantine (with Zatana and Raven cameo)
>Teen Titans (Cyborg as lead, Superboy, Raven, Robin, Starfire)

Phase 3
>The Flash 3 (Flashpoint paradox but no reboot)
>Green Arrow (with Black Canary)
>Suicide Squad (All villains from previous films, some major, some minor)
>Wonder woman 2
>Shazam and Superman team up film
>Aquaman 2 (with Aquaboy)
>John Constantine (with Zatana & Dr Fate, setting up Dark Justice League)
>Justice League 3 (with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Shazam, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, all Teen Titans and John Constantine Cameo)
>Green Lanterns corps (with Guy Gardner & Kyle Rayner instead, Martian Manhunter introduction)

Phase 4
>Wonder woman 3
>Suicide squad 2 (some new members)
>Justice League Dark (with John Constantine, Zatana, Deadman, Swamp thing, Madame Xanadu)
>Shazam 2 (with Dr Fate)
>Green Arrow 2 (with Red Arrow)
>Teen Titans 2 (with Red Arrow and Aquaboy)
>Cyborg (with Flash and Martian Manhunter)
>Batman vs Superman

I can carry on but this would be more ideal

I disagree with your main point whilst absolutely agreeing with specific details about BvS and death of Superman being absurdly early.

I look at Young Justice which started with a fully fleshed out Universe and fared fantastically. Save the massive threats for the team ups and the smaller threats for the solos. It makes sense that the JL, as a team, can battle Steppenwolf and the the next weekend the bat family is targeting crime in Gotham.

I'd prefer to NOT go the Marvel route of spending 10 years crawling in build up, I hate that we are 10 years in and still doing solo setup movies. I personally would prefer content covered at a quicker pace.

>I don't know much about Flash but iirc he can go back in time and Reverse Flash has fucked with his whole life through the same ability, which again, should be the climax of an arc and not the first thing he deals with
Flash's best stories normally happen out of order. So having a young naive flash encounter a seasoned reverse Flash in his starter movie wouldn't be out of order for the character. Obviously you then have a seasoned Flash encounter a young reverse Flash later on and see how he deals with that. Return of Barry Allen is a fantastic story line and happens some 30 years (real time) out of order

Ten years is definitely too much but the time from Iron Man to Avengers was 4 years, and 6 films. After Avengers the MCU did fall apart. A lot of characters didn't need solo films, because the universe had plausibly established their existence (once science fantasy super tech in IM, weird radiation stuff in Hulk, space Nords in Thor and Hydra and super serum in Captain America were established most of the other characters introduced made sense within those parameters). The only character that really needed it after Phase 1 was Doctor Strange because mysticism hadn't been explored. I like this user's idea of including new side characters whose origins match in solo films and then swapping their appearances (like Cyborg in Flash, and then Teen Titans).

Dialing back and making Batman a street level vigilante again probably won't impress audiences unless the "phases" are solid resets with an overarching villain being defeated and the status quo being reset. If Thanos had been the villain in the end of Phase 2 and shown actually doing shit throughout Phase 2 films he would have been way more effective - which is something I think DC is doing right with Superman turning evil so far, though Darkseid might end up as DC's Thanos parallel who does nothing for 10 films. But that will also mean that Superman will have died, fought Batman and turned evil in the space of three films, which is still too much too fast imo

I just realised I'm ranting
>tldr
>we don't need origin stories after the characters are demonstrated to be consistent with the world building
>Phases should reset the status quo so the scope doesn't get huge, yet boring, and make smaller scale stuff more palatable for audiences
>I still think DC is moving too fast

>>I'd honestly be more hyped for this film if each member of the team got at least one solo movie first.
Marvel Studios and the MCU was a mistake.