Did based Cavill reveal that the Superman suit in JL will indeed be black as speculated...

Did based Cavill reveal that the Superman suit in JL will indeed be black as speculated, or is it just a black & white filter?

Reminder that Superman's suit in Zod's 'horror vision' in MoS was also pure black. Pottery.

Who gives a shit the movie is going to suck

kek

anti intellectual please
yes, I am implying that DC films are smart (at least BvS and MoS)

He revealed it. Is he going to have the cape is the real question.

at least they' getting the death and rebirth shit out of the way fast

/thread

I'm conflicted. He could look very cool with the streamlined black suit, but also the cape used in the films is fucking gorgeous and majestic.

Stick to your cookie-cutter, turn-off-your-brain MCU flicks.

nope

He probably gets all the hoes with that cape

It's not like he'd need it to get all the hoes.

Why is Zack so based?

This.

I actually need to turn off my brain to even stomach DC movies. So many things in them just don't make sense and sometimes just straight up contradict each other.

(not true, by the way)

while that is pretty cool, I'm concerned it will be anther Amazing Spider-Man 2 where the costume is the only thing worth seeing the movie for.

What's even going on here?

Silver-tongued Zack Snyder can convince any individual of anything, but unfortunately loses his powers during interviews due to nervousness.

Name one. And not subjectively not make sense as in you cant understand why x character would do x in the confines of your tiny world experiences. But factually.

For some reason, you're not allowed to like the films unless you're a shill.

Seriously, I don't understand what was so bad about it. Most of the most common complaints can be proven false if people would actually watch the film.

Because what the movies needed was a darker Superman.

Just more fuel for critics to shit all over this.

>Of course Snyder would put our hopeful hero in a black suit to brood in - what this universe needed was two murderous Batmen. This movie is literally Hitler and Trump put together.

It's nothing complicated.
Most people are stupid. That's it.

Read absolutely anything on twitter. Everyone is braindead these days.

>Name one.
In Man of Steel Jor-El tells Clark that his powers came from years of absorbing yellow sun radiation filtered through Earth's atmosphere yet somehow Zod and his flunkies are just as strong and capable as Clark moments after being exposed.

Just about ruins the whole movie for me, hence the need to turn off my brain to watch it.

He's not really dark though. He's a man trying to be a hero and do the right thing, but the paranoid and cynical world keeps shitting on him until he starts to believe them. Superman is 100% portrayed as being the good guy in the film, and the audience is expected to sympathize with him.

How were they as capable or strong as him? They showed they couldnt breathe the air initially, they showed they had maybe half of his powers with the giant hops and no eye beams. Zod was barely able to use them at the end but still couldnt control them. What part of

"I was trained to fight, where did you learn to fight? On a farm!?"

Didn't you understand? Clark had no idea what he was doing and they were trained soldiers. Maybe you should turn your brain on and think about things for half a second.

Did you watch the fucking movie?
His powers manifested as he matured.
Zod is already mature.
This is explained in the film.
NEXT!

>talking to meme hustlers

It's either one of the following
>MCU/Marvel fan who believes one company must be better than the other; unable to like both Marvel *AND* DC
>Went in with the mindset that they will hate it and unwilling to change their stance
>Hate everything Zack Snyder creates
>Contrarian
>Just plain dumb

Don't believe everything you hear, son.

Zod was literally born to be a soldier, he's been so his entire life, his body and attitude would be more adaptable. You can tell he's overwhelmed after Clark encounters him in Smallville and disrupts his visor. Later Zod is seen 'meditating' to hone his senses.

>I was bred to be a warrior, Kal! Trained my entire life to master my senses! Where did yo train, on a farm?!

Thanks for confirming that people who don't understand Zack's DCEU films are just dumb.

actually this guy is right

dont listen to my headcanon here

(this post is wrong)
and this guy
is right

bad post

good posts

listen to these two posts

They weren't though. None of them could fly and they were incapacitated by human missiles. When they were exposed to the Sun it overloaded their senses. Zod was the only one who started to adapt.

Zod literally has a segment in the film after his helmet busts where he goes and works on bringing his sense in. We even get exposition from Superman about having to hone his skills on earth.

I don't believe Jor El said that it was yellow sun over time either, just yellow sun.

>there are people still optimistic about the DCEU after three massive misses
>giving a shit that superman has the black suit cause it was in a story that wasn't good to begin with
>anons are actually hyped for this shit despite even this time the actual footage we've seen in horrible from cringy as fuck Flash to omg so badass and mature alcohol chugging Aquaman
I genuinely have no idea why this image isn't constantly popping up

what is this supposed to mean

I don't get why Sup Forums finds it so hard to accept that people like different things.

MoS is my favourite capefilm ever, BvS ultimate offered something no other cape film has in a long time and SS was dumb fun. I'm a fan of WW, Flash and Aqaman, of course I'm going to look forward to that shit.

Should've made the S white though.

based Zack and Henry

You and me both bro. I've been a Superman fan for over twenty years, and I could not be more hyped for his return.

Because these are objectively bad movies and no amount of Sup Forums memes about how deep they are will hide the fact that they fail at basic filmmaking.

You only like the movie because you like the comics. You're lying to yourself. The people involved don't give a shit. Why do you?

Stop trying to reason with these people. Thy,ve made up their stupid minds.

>Because these are objectively bad movies
nope

>You only like the movie because you like the comics. You're lying to yourself. The people involved don't give a shit. Why do you?
I only began reading comics 6 months ago. So this isn't true.

>Because these are objectively bad movies
Remember opinions are not objective user.

Why would I give a fuck about what Michael Shannon thinks and let him hinder my enjoyment of these films and the DCEU? Get the fuck outta here.

I was always keen to get into comics as I am a fan of world building. It was going to be DC, SW or Marvel and in the end TFA scared me away from SW (which was until then my favourite) and Flash TV sent me towards DC.

>tfw Sup Forums had hourly jerk off sessions to BvS before it came out
>tfw the snyderfags were so utterly anal-iated by how bad it was, they've moved on to the tastes are subjective defense
Feels fucking great man. Those hugboxes were the worst.

>tastes are subjective defense
Do you know what objective and subjective actually mean user?

As a BvS lover, I don't get 1.jpg.
There is NO REASON to do what he did unless he was a false flag

>in the end TFA scared me away from SW
Man, and people say BvS was disappointing. TFA wasn't prequel tier, but it really disappointed me.

>TFA wasn't prequel tier
reminder

>implying taste is objective
do you?

It was the worst for me, I was at least a teenager for the prequels and so the flashy lights entertained me somewhat. But with TFA, all I wanted was a new SW film, instead we got almost a scene for scene remake of ANH with a mary sue insert. Boner killer.

Quite literally the opposite of what I am saying.

>
>>implying taste is objective
>do you?

sick grammar

If you are going off the objective taste invented by ancient society then BvS and MoS are the patrician choices. Caesar would have loved them.

Motherfucking this.

Honestly, you have to wonder, WHO are these people who come out of the woodworks to defend Snyder's movies?

>reminder

kek gtfo fuckboy

>Implying the prequels aren't crap
Sand, try spinning, from my point of view etc.

Force Awakens bothers me because besides being a remake, it negates RotJ's happy ending, has bad protagonists, is full of asspulls, has a terrible villain, and uneven pacing.

People with taste.
There is no irony implied in this post at all.
You have good taste if you like the DCEU.

Beelzebub has spoken.

So much samefag. The post you guys were responding to was retarded anyway.

>>giving a shit that superman has the black suit cause it was in a story that wasn't good to begin with
This. It's more "for the fans" bullshit, where they throw in something from the comic books to please the "fans", then miss the point entirely. And then Snyder dickriders will talk about how great it was and say, "SEE! Look, they put in the black suit from the Death and Return of Superman! Don't you get it, Snyder reads comic books and cares about the fans!"

>Sand, try spinning, from my point of view etc.
Absolutely NOTHING bad about any of these.

TFA felt generic.

BvS was actually compelling and had great character development. It's a shame SS wasn't as good as the 2 DCEU films that came before it.

>>giving a shit that superman has the black suit cause it was in a story that wasn't good to begin with
This. It's more "for the fans" bullshit, where they throw in something from the comic books to please the "fans", then miss the point entirely. And then Snyder dickriders will talk about how great it was and say, "SEE! Look, they put in the black suit from the Death and Return of Superman! Don't you get it, Snyder reads comic books and cares about the fans!"
Damn. You are a sad, reductive little man.

>People with taste.
Ha.

....ha ha HA HA HA HA

Oh that's fucking good, m8. If anything, it's the complete and total opposite.

>Force Awakens bothers me because besides being a remake, it negates RotJ's happy ending, has bad protagonists, is full of asspulls, has a terrible villain, and uneven pacing.
I'm going to dump my hate on TFA, you can ignore it if you want. But here we go:

1/X

I feel like Disney was so scared of failing, like the prequels, that they refused to stray too far from the originals and essentially didn't tell us a new story. Rather, I just watched a reskined version of A New Hope with all of the allied characters rolled into one. I entered the theatre looking forward to a new star wars movie, I don't feel I got that. I mean, when planning the final mission, Han literally said something along the lines of "Why don't we just do what we did last time", and they did, and it worked.

Quick plot of a new hope, with differences to Force Awakens:

Galaxy is in civil war, important plans/map for the empire/first order are quickly stashed on a droid which ends up in the hands of the protagonist in a sandy backwater planet. The protagonist initially doesn't want to leave their home planet because of their family, but ends up getting forced into the adventure. They team up with Han and Chewie aboard the Millenium Falcon. They are taken to a dodgy bar to find someone to help with the mission. They witness the death star destroy the rebels home planet/s and the protagonist is captured by the empire/first order. They rescue the captured allies and Obi Wan /Han Solo is killed by the dark force user, the remaining friends escape aboard the Falcon. Allies analyse the death star/planet, find that it has a single weakness in the shields, perform a single bombing run and destroy it completely and totally.

>fucked up my meem arrows
ah well

2/X

This nostalgia plot stifled the progress of the side plot, finding Luke. I don't know why they wanted to find Luke, I don't know who the giant bad guy is on the seat, I don't know what planets got destroyed by the deathstar and I don't know anyone on them. When Luke's saber is discovered and "The Force Awakens" (the title of the film), the explanation for what is going on is "That's a question for another time". I have no idea why anything is happening or why anyone is doing anything.

I hated the Nazi imagery, I just thought it was over the top and not needed.
Harrison Ford may as well have broken the 4th wall, stared down the barrel of the camera and said "We're back".

The power creep in regards to the force was too much, I don't know how the characters can continue to progress without undermining the previous 6 movies. Force and saber use was built up to take time, training, skill and some people would never be able to do it.
Some of the quips and jokes were poorly timed. The whole "do I talk first or you" thing undermined the building up of Kylo-Ren as an intimidating character. It wasn't as bad as Age of Ultron where the protagonist was a giant joke, but it erred to close and undermined the key threats.

Rey is just over the top in what she is able to achieve. I loved in the original that everyone had a role to play, Luke was the up and coming force user and perhaps a touch naive, Han could pilot the Falcon like no other and talk his way out of trouble, Leia a cool head and leader, R2 could open doors and provide access, C3PO could converse with other droids/peoples. They were all a pretty good shot, but couldn't solve problems by themselves, they had to work together to achieve anything.

SS felt like the reshoots really hurt it. It had a very jarring back n forth tone with some inconsistencies.

I think Force Awakens could have been better if Larry Kasdan wrote the script on his own without any input from J.J. The guy wrote Raiders of the Lost Ark and Empire Strikes Back, so it's not like he hasn't done anything good before.

>it negates RotJ's happy ending
It isn't even the fact that it negates it, but that not a single positive outcome of ROTJ lasted. Everything was either destroyed or reset to where it used to be. It didn't just negate a happy ending, it made the ending completely meaningless. We're right back to having a Republic that was destroyed, with a totalitarian Empire now taking control and only a scrappy group of rebels can take them on, and the Jedi are right back down to one. They went out of their way to have Luke train more Jedi only to have the Jedi wiped out yet again. For fuck's sake.

3/3

In the force awakens, Rey could fight with a staff, gun (no experience) or saber (no experience), she could fly better than trained pilots (no experience), not just out fly, but she flies literal loops around them and knew her way around the Falcon better than Han. She could resist the force and turn it on others (no experience), force compel (no experience) better than Obi Wan and out force pull Kylo-Ren when after the saber (no experience). She was also the top engineer, could talk to the droid/wookie, hack/crack open doors when infiltrating the enemy, knew the contents of the map piece and was the coolest head in the crew. She basically played every role that the people of the original trilogy had.

Even when she was locked up behind enemy lines, she escaped by herself by discovering new abilities as she needed them. It got to the point in the movie where whenever she was in the scene it completely lost all tension, she was going to win. Hell, she won the final fight with her eyes closed and would have killed Kylo-Ren if not for the earth splitting and saving him.

She was used everywhere, when arriving back to Leia after Han's death, she consoles Leia even though they had just met and you would think Leia would want to be with someone she knew, or someone they both knew (Chewie). She is the one that goes to see Luke, why oh why would she go and not the leader of the rebels and Luke's sister, Leia.

In the end, I just felt the movie is what would happen if my teen self wrote some new hope fan fiction. Same plot, but now I'm the main character and I fly the falcon, I have Luke's saber and the abilities of everyone.
The movie aside, it seems a lot of people who raise the qualms that I have above are labelled as misogynist. I love the idea of a good female character, I thought Leia's character was a well thought natural evolution from where we saw her last. I would have preferred Rey to have had to rely on her friends for something.

>Episode 3
>Crap

to be fair, he's also done a lot of crap. Not to say that most of the problems with TFA aren't because of JJ's fucking mystery box bullshit (everything wrong with Rey, Snoke being a nothing villain, etc.), but Kasdan needed oversight.

this
ROTS is art

christ look at that fucking double chin

>besides being a remake,

Not a remake. God forbid Disney actually remake the OT, there would be a riot even as it made a billions.

>it negates RotJ's happy ending,

Intrinsic to any Episode VII that could ever be written. You're a contrarian.

>has bad protagonists,

Rey, Finn, and Han are fine. Poe is more plot device than character.

>is full of asspulls,

"I'll do a spin, that's a good trick"

>has a terrible villain,

Kylo Ren is more emotionally complex than Vader is in ANH. He's fine. God forbid a villain be different.

>and uneven pacing.

It's fast. It slows down at the cantina scene, then picks back up.

At least a few dumb ideas came from Kasdan. Neither of them is blameless.

>Everyone except Palpatine is a retard
>More cringeworthy dialogue
>Grevious in general
>NOOOOOOOOOOO

It's the least bad of the prequels, but the only real enjoyment I can get from it is watching Palpatine ham it up.

>You're a contrarian.
Stopped reading there. Not even that guy.

>Intrinsic to any Episode VII that could ever be written
see

>Damn. You are a sad, reductive little man.
Prove me wrong.

I genuinely thought that was my own post and that I fucked up somehow.

Don't bother. He (she?) has already made up xir mind.

>Caesar would have loved them.

Caesar liked to eat rotten food and let men fuck him.

>hating on Batfleck

>Prove me wrong.
no
you have made up your mind already
you win this internet fight

>This nostalgia plot stifled the progress of the side plot, finding Luke.
Starkiller Base being shoved into the move didn't help either. Everyone's really focused on finding Luke for the first two acts... then the resistance realizes there's a Quintuple Death Star so now everyone focuses their attention on that instead, the Luke plot is completely forgotten until Artoo suddenly wakes up to conveniently and quickly wrap it up.

>I have no real argument

>Rey, Finn, and Han are fine.
Ray is a Mary Sue and why Finn defected is never stated, despite being a Brave New World-esque baby. Han is fine though.

>"I'll do a spin, that's a good trick"
Prequels are shit too.

>Kylo Ren is more emotionally complex than Vader is in ANH. He's fine. God forbid a villain be different.
He lost to a novice. That kind of kills his menace. Imagine if Vader lost to Luke in their first duel.

>It's fast. It slows down at the cantina scene, then picks back up.
Yeah, and we go from Finn leaving, to Rey having the vision, to her getting caught, to the Resistance arriving, to the Resistance base in the span of like ten minutes. That's sloppy.

>try spinning

This literally works like a dream in all the 3D fighter games LucasArts had released until then, because they all gave limited ranges to the missiles after which they explode, so if you spin as soon as you hear the lock-on, the missile - which is typically not following directly behind you when first launched and tracks your player model by an origin point that remains fixed relative to your viewpoint - is forced to spin into a long spiral as it tracks you. If you can outrun its speed and maximum distance, it'll explode harmlessly in your wake as it uses up its lifespan.

tl;dr if you spin in early SW fighter sims the missiles that track you will explode harmlessly after a while because they have weak and literal AI

So it's like ESB then. I guess they really fucked themselves making a sequel to Star Wars at all and no doubt this is why TFA did so badly.

>dat little whore in training

I liked the movie but this is my main issue with it. The soft-reboot aspect of it frustrates me a bit.

>make a cgi picture book
>insert awful acting and direction
>call it a movie
nope.

>see

Cry me a fucking river.

Boo fucking hoo, you're the kind of tool that would have though Empire was a bad film because it negated the happy ending of ANH.

Guess what bro, Episode IX is probably gonna turn out alright for the heroes and they'll get some medals and have happy ending.

Palpatine is literally retarding the people around him with his force powers. They're weak minded, see.

It's like all the clues are there in the dialogue and you're waiting for the special effects to kick in.

>So it's like ESB then
ANH didn't end with everything wrapped up. Did you even watch it?

>Thinking Obi-Wan is bad

>He lost to a novice. That kind of kills his menace. Imagine if Vader lost to Luke in their first duel.
Let's not forget that when Kylo Ren is introduced Poe just sits there quipping for a bit, undermines the shit out of your villain.

I mean, if people in universe are laughing at his face it's hard to take him seriously. Vader would have choked him out then and there.

What made me fucking furious was Leia embracing Rey after they return from Death Star 3: Back 2 Da Hood. She doesn't even know who she is. She felt Han's death, so why not have Chewbacca grieve his best friend's death with said friend's wife?

>So it's like ESB then
pleaaaaseee lawd jezus dont you be sayin that TFA could even eat the shit of ESB