You get to pick the writer and director of the rumored "Detective Pikachu" movie. Who do you choose and why?

You get to pick the writer and director of the rumored "Detective Pikachu" movie. Who do you choose and why?

BONUS if they work in animation/cartoons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII
variety.com/2016/film/news/pokemon-movie-writers-guardians-of-the-galaxy-gravity-falls-1201831694/
variety.com/2016/film/news/pokemon-movie-writers-guardians-of-the-galaxy-gravity-falls-1201831694/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone but that hack Max Landis

Is this an actual thing? Im still trying to come to terms with this being an actual thing. This can't be an actual thing, can it?

The Gravity Falls guy writing
The Hot Fuzz guy directing
Danny Devito as Pikachu

Holy shit thats actually perfect

Brad Bird?

Still not sure why this movie is being made

This must be a prank. This cant be an actual movie. Itss to beautiful to be real.

He got bolted off (he was pretty upset about it).

Good. Would have made the whole movie about Jesse Eisenberg trying on neon tank tops while Pikachu tweeted in the background

Why?

I think they just didnt like his pitch and decided to go with Detective Pickachu instead.

Honestly, considering literally EVERY movie Max has been a part of since Chronicle has been panned by critics I'm surprised this hadn't happened sooner.

I won't be satisfied unless Danny Devito is involved somehow. I'll see it on that excuse alone. SOMEHOW.

Anything but a western team. Are you fucking kidding me, any western person on a Japanese production? It's retarded.

Uh, have you SEEN any of the Pokemon movies? Theyre fucking terrible.

Whatever they do they need to make sure those filthy japs dont touch a frame of it.

Alex Hirsch is actually a pretty good choice. Funny characters, solid mysteries. Id like to see what he did in a Pokemon world.

Thats tough. Pokemon is a strange world and this is a stranger concept. I'd like to say Miller/Lord but I'm not sure even they could make this make sense.

>The first major live action Pokemon movie will be Detective Pikachu

Who is that some Adventure Time fag

Why is this? Does anyone understand why this is happening?

>director john k.
>written by alan moore

It'll have a nice booger to rape scene ratio.

Madonna writing
Guillermo del Toro directing
Billy Dee Williams voicing

It's the only logical choice if anyone wants to make a live-action Pokémon movie.

>Alex Hirsch

Lol no.

At least it's not Pokemon Go the movie. that'll likely be the second made

First 4 Pokémon movies were GOAT though.

Zack Snyder
>Pikachu gets raped in prison
>Zues Imagery with the thunder

kek

Zach Snyder, I want blue lightning and Jesse Eisenberg as Ash

top kek

gen urobochi

might be good for a laugh

fuck you beat me to it

>logical choice

Top kek. It's a literally insane choice. It's the worst possible choice for a Pokemon movie.

I'd watch this

Because no one has ever pitched an American Pokemon movie that wasn't shit in their eyes so they decided to make a movie based of a Pokemon game with a story already.

7 is fine.

>>The first major live action Pokemon movie will be Detective Pikachu

Testing watera, they can put 80 millions into this, see how it does and then do the whole 200 million super production crap.

Don Bluth. I want this movie to be filled with feels.

IM THE TRAAASSHH MAN

I EAT GARBAGE

K I N O
I
N
O

I would pick devito for Giovani.

Not really. A more traditional Pokémon movie would be pointless and stupid; there's no point in making a live-action movie about cartoon battles, especially when there's more than enough anime movies for it. It would be Dragonball:Evolution all over again.

This however allows tons of leeway and ideas. They can go anywhere with this concept.

>Danny Devito as Pikachu
youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII

It works, why does it work? How do we all come to the same conclusion to use Danny Devito?
It was the first damn thing I thought of when I saw this character.

Some things just make sense, user.

Wait why is an American company making a film for something that never got released outside japan.

Would he voice an animated Pickachu or wear a pickachu costume?

Nick Pizzalatto on the script
Nicolas Winding Refn directing
Matthew McConaughey as Pikachu

>rumored

It's been officially announced. I mean, not that it's Detective Pikachu, but the fact that Legendary Pictures is making a live action Pokemon movie has been 100% officially announced.

hey man, the godzilla comics are pretty good and archie's sonic is debatably great for a far as sonic goes as a brand.

written by Aaron Sorkin
directed by David Fincher
Detective Pikachu: Harvey Keitel

I think Max Landis said he was writing it on here.

I want the creative team behind Luther to simply rewrite a script so it features Detective Pikachu instead, voiced by Idris Elba of course.

>wanting the hack to hack the movie
nice choice m8

David Lynch Directing
Charlie Kaufman writing
Nick Cage as Pikachu

David Fincher

but WHY Detective Pikachu in the first place

like how the fuck was that even decided?

Literally just make live action origins

Probably one of the unused costumes for cosplay pikachu.

Animated voicing, but for PR and advertising you just give him a budget and let him do whatever he wants with it.

>Writer
Simon Pegg (for satire while appreciating and respecting what he is satirizing)
>Director
Ridley Scott (visuals, attention to set details, we want to see a Pokemon world rather than Pikachu in our world)
>Voicing
Devito of course.

Bonus round: The Rock voices a fighting type AND plays its trainer.
Bonus bonus round: Nick Frost is in it, and Pegg plays a part as well.
Final bonus round: Pokemon becomes Sup Forums related, and LT. Surge is in it as a background cameo.

Nintendo realized they have become ridiculously stagnant despite always having a new gimmick for every new system.

So they're doing radically new things.
iPhone games, considering working on PC games possibly, adding a female version of Link, havinv even more new types of Pokemon games, a Metroid game with no Samus, and so on.

Some good, some bad. They have so much money to shit that they can eat some losses, so they're testing a lot of different things out right now.

Since the IP they can do the most diverse things with, and have had the most success with for movies, is Pokemon it only makes sense to dip their feet back into live action using it.
They also know people love Pokemon who talk. Meowth is a large part of the reason they kept Team Rocket around in the anime, and Lucario has a fucking massive fanbase. Humanoid Pokemon like Blaziken and Gardevoir, and Pokemon who do human things like Pikachu and Meowth, are also big with fans.

>Don bluth

Shit taste detected.

>no point in making a live action movie full of awesome Pokemon battles and trainers

Autistic loser GTFO

Chris Sanders has always been my obvious pick for a Pokemon film director. No idea if Detective Pikachu would be his jam, though.

I hear David Cage is looking for shit to do

Though David Lynch can work too

Trying to justify some face-rigging technology they are developing

WHAT THE FUCK IS A POKEMON

>Guillermo del Toro
No man, I don't want to terrify children of their beloved cartoon animals

>Danny Devito

Take my goddamn money.

Written and directed by Michael Mann.

Pikachu is a recovering alcoholic and detective in the LAPD attempt to bust a Pokemon trafficking ring while also trying to make amends with his estranged wife and child.

Pikachu is voiced by Al Pacino

Michael Bay
'Cause why not?

Michael Bay as Director
Rebecca Sugar as Writer
Dwayne Johnson as Pikachu

Max is super fun to listen to in his youtube and twitter, but everytime he pitches something, even though he seems full of ideas, it doesn't sound very good.
I hope his show is good tho

I got it!
Michael Bay as director
M Night Shyamalan as writer
And Dawne Johnson as Pikachu

You know damn well it wouldn't work because Pokémon is inherently cartoonish. Unless they go full on Roger Rabbit it's going to look completely terrible. Again, does no one remember DB: Evolution?

>image.jpg
dissapointment

>considering working on PC games possibly

That is literally never going to happen, they're still making consoles. They're making phone games, but those games are nothing more than advertising for the main games.

>adding a female version of Link

That was just for Hyrule Warriors, and even then she's not really Link. There's no female Link for BoTW either.

However, they are planning on making a real life Nintendoland with Universal.

>Nicole Perlman and Alex Hirsch are in negotiations to write the live-action “Pokemon” pic for Legendary based on the upcoming game “Detective Pikachu.”

Huh.

You're a goddamn psychic.

David Lynch and Alejandro Jodorowsky

Wow damn the producers seemed to have the same idea as people in the thread.

Congratulations. Looks like you win.

>Testing watera, they can put 80 millions into this, see how it does and then do the whole 200 million super production crap.

Exactly this.

Nintendo is super safe with their IPs after the Mario movies. The Metroid movie of the mid-00s never got off the ground because Nintendo was rejecting everything.

This is to gauge public interest and to reassure Nintendo (who are actively branching out to other medias following the failure of their home console) that their IPs can work as movies.

I personally have no interest in a Pikachu movie, but if it makes bank and they do a proper Pokemon movie, I would love to see Ocarina of Time down the line.

It has been reported to be Detective Pikachu. Legendary only have the rights to Pikachu, not Pokemon in general (not yet anyway).

He pitched loads and at one point was involved in negotiating for a Netflix series. He got booted when they decided to go with Pikachu.

That sounds great though.
3 groups of trainers based on the teams competing for... whatever.

>Manlet Hack

Welp
It was over before it began

His scripts are terrible. I will see any movie he was kicked off of just to laugh at him

For that matter international release fucking when.

Who's Nicole Pearlman?

Origins suckered though.

>Nintendo is super safe with their IPs after the Mario movies. The Metroid movie of the mid-00s never got off the ground because Nintendo was rejecting everything.
>This is to gauge public interest and to reassure Nintendo (who are actively branching out to other medias following the failure of their home console) that their IPs can work as movies.
>I personally have no interest in a Pikachu movie, but if it makes bank and they do a proper Pokemon movie, I would love to see Ocarina of Time down the line.

Yeah, that's the real deal, There was a HUGE bidding war between studies to get the Pokemon Rights and they are not even getting full rights so far, is not only about pokemon, is literally about getting the good faith of nintendo.

Guardians of the Galaxy writer.