Why do people dislike the Amazing Spider-Man films despite them getting practically everything right from the comics?

Why do people dislike the Amazing Spider-Man films despite them getting practically everything right from the comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9cm1cEo8SKM
youtube.com/watch?v=wy-v4c4is-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

doesn't mean any of it is good

Because the comics are shit.

It wasn't MCU.

Because Sony are a bunch of fucking retards that don't know what the hell they're doing.

>reboots

Uncle Ben died over chocolate milk and Peter carried his camera with his secret identity those both took me out of the movie, the series had potential but the fucked it up too many times in just the second movie

>Why do people dislike the Amazing Spider-Man films despite them getting practically everything right from the comics?
what did they get right from the comics? the costume? peter parker being a nerd and social outcast? what happened to peter's parents? Osborn? Gwen Stacy? The lizard's motivations or standard characterization? the webbing?

Garfield played Spider-man pretty good, but they got a ton of shit completely fucking wrong. May Rothman burn Sony pictures to the ground.

They should have just let Webb do his own thing. It may not have been perfect but it was still better than what we got.

The "problem" was they focused on the awesome Spider-Man aspects while loud angry faggots wanted garbage teenage soap opera bullshit.
And said loud angry faggots don't understand that a film not pandering to their specific vision of something does not equal it being technically flawed or incompetently made.

>That basketball suit
>Everything right

Still better than poo-in-loo Flash and Peter being Tony's bitch.

sony and marvel don't care. learn to live with it.

>that cosplay suit
>everything right

>So what if I like eating shit? The shit factory doesn't care so I shouldn't care either!

and there's literally the response to your own post. FUCKING BURN IT ALL.

>Spider-Man's origin story is a cliched whodunit murder-mystery about his parents

'no'

>Flash being played by an amazing Guatemalan actor is bad
Good lord, why does Sup Forums have such shit taste?

I'm not the one sucking Disney's cock all the time. ASM wasn't perfect but at least it tried to stay true to the comics. Meanwhile Disney is butchering Spidey by giving him a BLACKED cast and making him Tony's bitch.

>No muscles
>As short as Peter
>Doesn't look like a jock whatsoever

Seriously, you can't defend this casting. It's like a fucking joke, to see how far they can ruin Spidey before people finally speak out against it.

>and gave Spider-Man in much more menace & badassness then he has had in any other film.

>badassness
>menace

That fucking clownsuit was so unmenacing that even JJ didn't even show up in those movies to say otherwise.

>bullies have to be big
I'm 6'4" and was bullied the fuck out of by people a foot shorter than me. I'm talking classic bullying, I got locked in a locker, punched in the face multiple times, etc. Size doesn't mean shit if your victim is a pussy like Peter Parker

The only stuff they got right were superficial things like quips and webshooters.

>teenage soap opera bullshit
That has been the core of Spider-Man throughout his entire history. His entire schtick is struggling to juggle his personal and superhero lives, and how they negative effect each other.

>No muscles
>As short as Peter
>Doesn't look like a jock whatsoever
Bullying hasn't been primarily physical for decades.

>The costume
The costume in 2 was fine and I liked the homemade look of the first. It makes sense

>Parker being a nerd and outcast
Yes they were right on the money

>Peters parents
Things like this can be changed. They were clearly going for an Ultimate-like storyline but while doing their own thing at the same time

>Osborn
They fucked that up

>Gwen Stacy
They got it right. They were also incorporating her characterization from Spectacular Spider Man in there too

>The Lizard
Yep got it right

>Webbing
Now you're just being nitpicky and autistic. What matters is Peter makes webshooters.

>the homemade look of the first
How the fuck did it look homemade?

Flash has always been a big strong jock. It's literally what his character is.

jocks have legs.

I'm talking about when he's first introduced, and how he's been portrayed in literally every piece of Spider-Man related media. That's what most people know him as.

The important part is that he's popular, picks on Peter, and idolizes Spider-Man.

shitty costume shitty acting shitty writing shitty sequel.

they had potential but fucked it up on all accounts.

No, his character was a bully, a soldier, a veteran, and now a soldier wearing a Klyntar

>practically everything right from the comics

Except not at all outside of superficial shit.

Raimi's Spider-Man particularly Spider-Man 2 captured the Ditko tone perfectly. It's just about a movie about a guy's fucked up life and being a superhero fucks it up even worse but he still does it because it's the right thing to do. You can split hairs about Tobey's Parker or Dunst's MJ but I'd rather a film capture the spirit of the character correctly and make superficial changes to service the tone and the story than a complete piece of shit that panders wells. The scene is literal perfection.

youtube.com/watch?v=9cm1cEo8SKM

>but I'd rather a film capture the spirit of the character correctly

Peter was never that much of a whiny bitch. If anything ASM was closer to how Peter was (A wisecracking science genius) than Raimi's ever was.

Ok that's your opinion of the character but it's a character that hundreds of different creators have put their spin on over a half century.

The bottom line is we're talking about movies and movies are judged on quality, not fealty to one singular person's mental image of a character. Raimi's films are great movies and Webb's films are awful movies and they're not magically better just because his interpretation of the character is more in line with yours.

Normie here. Nothing worse than a reboot. I watched the 2002 trilogy and that became what i expected from spiderman films. Thats all there is to it.

I never said they were better, I'm just saying they were closer to the comics than Raimi's or, in some cases, MCU Spidey.

In my head cannon, rhino kills spiderman right after the credits roll in ASM2

Now, why on earth would anyone ever choose some scrawny looking mother fucker who isn't even white to play a white beefy bully?
Pandering much?
And don't give me that 'muh diversity' bullshit. They'll never learn to just stick to the fucking comics for character references will they? Fucking bullshit.

He fucking bought his webbing from Oscorp. Don't they go out of the way to show that it was a product they made and that they had a stockpile of it because it wasn't being bought by anyone?

It doesn't matter how close they get to the comics when you have a movie that is as big of a mess as ASM2. ASM was a generic, by the numbers origin story and ASM2 was a disaster of trying to do way too god damn much in one film, similar to BvS or AoU. As for the "follows the comics" argument, comics don't translate directly into movies. Comic book runs are written for a very specific demographic of people, namely, the people that actually buy and read comics. Anything that is not fully explained in a comic book or is just shown very briefly with no clarification is excusable for comic book fans since they are already aware of the universe and characters and stories of these comics. In a movie, the general audience doesn't understand these references or easter eggs within the films so it won't actually make any sense to them. I'm sorry to say it but probably 80 to 90% of people that watch these movies don't actually read comics or have never even touched one in their lives.

And people say we don't have shills.

2 had no plot.

It was a sequence of scenes in chronological order.

Fuck the comics, the new Spidey is better because of Hot Aunt May.

Because they were boring and uninspired. Textbook superhero movies with no personality. Acting and directing was flat as shit, the soundtrack was not memorable and your mum's a cunt.

ASM was alright, though it had terribly cheesy moments like the crane operators.

Why the fuck would Connors leave his secret plans open on his monitor?

It also didn't make a whole lot of sense that Parker didn't give Stacy's dad a bit of the on-hand lizard formula at the end. Sure, he would have to deal with an angry lizard for a little while but the regenerative factor would have saved his life and Parker had the advantage of preparation.

That being said I thought it was alright. While I preferred Maguire's Parker, I liked Garfield's Spidey more. And the action scenes were a lot more fluid than in Raimi's. CGI has come a long way and it helped showcase how Spidey fights.

ASM2 was a mess - it tried to do way too many things at once, which was sort of the same issue as Raimi's 3. Sticking to one or two connected plotlines and developing those well is far superior to half a dozen that don't get developed.

I hate the monstrosity this youtube channel has become, but back when it was better this was pretty on-point

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-v4c4is-w

Neither were Raimi Spiderman.

>Pandering

I dont understand why white dudes love to use this word so much. Dont they understand they've been pandered to their whole lives?

Sure, ASM2 was a mess, but it was an entertaining mess. The first one just felt like a more boring version of the first Raimi film.

I actually do like ASM2 for it's weirdness. It feels like there's a good movie buried under there. Though, it suffers from a lot of issues, including weird editing. Like, Peter defeats Electro for the first time, and suddenly he's in the custody of Oscorp? When did that happen.

Still, for what it is, I like it a lot more than the first one. I feel like if they had been given a third chance, they probably could've got it right. But I guess we'll never know.

>The first one just felt like a more boring version of the first Raimi film
That is the problem with reboots that don't try to be wildly different.

>I actually do like ASM2 for it's weirdness. It feels like there's a good movie buried under there
I think trimming down on some of the side shit would have helped a lot, because you could replace it with scenes that prevent things like "Peter defeats Electro for the first time, and suddenly he's in the custody of Oscorp?"

Maybe if there had been a movie between the two (make ASM2 into 3) to build on the Gwen romance, so you could lighten up that. Also spread out some of Peter's dad scenes between the two

>Uncle Ben died over chocolate milk
As opposed to
>Uncle Ben died over wrestling

because it's a poorly written reboot that had no reason to exist other than holding onto the rights, and it shows.

Getting things right from the comics doesn't make a good film I did enjoy the first one though and feel that people shit on the costume entirely because it's different from the comics when it actually looks better than the Raimi suit

I mess back when it was about movie mistakes and pointing out plot holes.

Now all he does is make stupid jokes by ignoring scenes in the movie he's watching.

>despite them getting practically everything right from the comics?
That entire shit with his parents is not from the comics, nor is anything that involved Electro

Have we seriously gotten to the point that people want to defend ASM2? Like really?

Come on

It's ASM2.

Like really. There's so many other movies you can try to put your stake behind that are better than ASM2

They're trying to be unusual with the way they're handling stuff because one of the biggest criticism against the TASM series was that it's not interesting to see the same story told all over again barely 12 years later

This new Spiderman reboot is coming up just 5 years after the previous one, they absolutely want to avoid boring the audiences with too samey imagery and plot points. The important aspect in the relationship between Peter and Flash is the humiliation and bullying. He might bully him by being a typical white, beefy jock like he did in movies til now, he might bully him through social status, stealing girls, pulling pranks, getting better scores at school... as long as the relationship is the same it doesn't really matter how that relationship comes to be. That's for me at least

People have been defending the TASM movies since the beginning. Sure, some are just trying to shit on the upcoming MCU movies, but at the time TASM2 came out both Sup Forums and Sup Forums were full of people arguing they deserved better recognition and that the Raimi movies were never good to begin with

>getting practically everything right from the comics?

>that suit

ok buddy

>but at least it tried to stay true to the comics.

In what conceivable way?

It changed virtually everything.

Cite a single specific example of Flash physically bullying Peter.

Pro tip: you can't.

Pandering is trying to appeal to niche markets, not the default or mainstream.