New Warriors Vol 2 (Part 2)

Okay Anons, let's finish up this series tonight! We've got eight issues to run through!

>"I wonder if Spider-Man ever had to sleep on his girlfriend's floor while he was in between places to live."

You know, given the kind of fucked up things that happened to Peter, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Kid, put that down, that weapon is bigger than you.

So she's around a teenager, right? I love that this guy didn't seem even slightly weirded out by trying to seduce a teenage girl.

Well, if you shipped Hammond and Namor, this could work instead...

I like to think Johnny did that on purpose, just to be a dick.

I guess he can't do anything about ricochet, which would be useful.

>"Follow the bouncing ball, Homies!"

Speedball, you are way too white to talk like that. Knock it off.

And now? An interruption.

As has been mentioned, Nita picked up a bunch of new powers. We're FINALLY being told what they are.
So far, we've got invisibility, a burning touch...

And an immobilizing touch.

So Nita was Miles before Bendis.

Early start tonight.

>Chose between fellow hero and gang member
>Saves the gang member

TRAITOR!

I was woken up early to help a buddy with something. When I came back, JSAnon was already doing a storytime, so I wanted for her to finish.

Aigis, your friend is a fucking prick.

Huh, that went better than I expected.

Aegis, now is NOT the time to be an ass.

Huh, that sucks.

Wait, doesn't Johnny turn into literal flame while doing this? Meaning Nita should be burning like this?

I think he has a way to de-flame specific parts of his body.

>"Speedball will be okay, he always bounces back, but what about Aegis?"

I think the guy who can literally turn invincible at will is less of a priority than the skinny dude who bounces, unless he got Speed Force-esque power creep.

He's a professional arsonist.
If things go sour and he can always toss her in the next warehouse fire.

Yeah, taking a better look I can see bits of his arm the blue of his costume.

Okay, seriously? Your friend can go fuck himself, man. He not only threw grenades at you and your buddies, he just finished blowing up your base.

Huh, I guess Speedball IS okay.

What's Tony Stark doing in this street gang?

Where do you think they're getting all that super-tech?

Now that I think about it, getting her out of the costume was probably HIS idea.

>"So either I bribe her, kill her, or seduce her? Oh no, whatever will I do..."

So has Silvermane been in anything since Superior Foes?

BOLT IS A FILTHY MUTIE!

Huh, so Nova can cover his face with the helmet. That's neat.

And now his face is uncovered.

That helmet actually looks alright like that.

So eventually he decided, "You know what? Fuck fighting these capes, I'm gonna fuck with the Punisher."

Yeah, he should fucking drown James in the Hudson River.

James may be worse than Blastaar, the guy he casually suggested they just murder.

Apparently the artist changed their mind.

Speedball is effectively invulnerable. Any kind of hit he takes just sends him off flying like a ping pong ball hit with a baseball bat.

>He tries to fight Namorita underwater

Man, you deserve to get your shit wrecked.

Wouldn't the heat of the explosion hurt him, or maybe being crushed?

All I'm saying, you blow up my place and toss a live grenade at me? Fuck off, we're no longer friends.

Robot Shark Lady needs to make a comeback.
A+ design.

IM NOT A FAGGOT DAD

Get you a nice girl like Nita, and prove it to me, son.

She could even fight SharkGirl of the X-Men.

Speedball's favorite Ghostbuster is Ray.

Oh god no, I am so done with those meme-characters. Next you'll be suggesting DC bring back Snowflame

James is a shitty brother. Aegis should just let him OD like the stereotype he embraced.

Seriously Aegis, let the dumbass get himself killed. He's caused you nothing but trouble.

What do you want from me, I can't think of any other heroic shark-character in Marvel.

And here we see him straight up execute a fucker.

Ray and Egon are the top tier "favourite Ghostbusters".

Peter may be the focal character of the movies, but he's also a total scumbag who'd probably be openly quoting The Game if it existed in 1984.
Egon is pure sciencefu, Ray is the heart of the team.

And now we're getting Aegis's backstory with James.

Yeah, that was it. He pushed him out of the way of a bullet.
Since then, he's almost tried to kill him twice.

There's also people who like Winston for being the straight man.

Okay, hold the fucking phone. WHERE DID YOU GET A FLYING CAR?!

Remember that it's apparently canon in the Marvel Universe that the Crysler Building is alive.

Winston is also pretty great, and even after finding out his more elaborate scientific backstory that got cut, I still think that "blue collar guy hired to be more in shape than the academics" probably works better narratively.

>WHERE DID YOU GET A FLYING CAR?!

Atlantis?

So while looking up to see if there is a school just called "The Massachuetts Academy" is a real school, it's apparently another name for the Xavier Academy.

Nope, apparently Nova has a spaceship in orbit.

Also the Hellfire Academy, until Trevor Fitzroy murdered all the Hellions he could find.

Honestly, I kind of prefer him as the grounded guy who doesn't know about their scientific nonsense, but isn't dumb like most Watsons.

Whoever the fuck came up with that costume for Nova needs their eyes replaced.

Don't fucking play around with super science, you idiot!

Pete had to sleep on Flash Thompson's couch for a few weeks, but he never imposed on his girlfriends like that. Pete was a gentleman, until fucking OMD.

Goddamn that Nova costume is terrible. And Rich has worn some shit costumes. But that one is the kind of shit a dog ate and then half threw up, half shit back out.

I'm sure you're all wondering, "Okay PM-IF user, this series is passable, but why are YOU posting it?"

We're FINALLY getting why. This is Davos's first appearance since the Iron Fist miniseries in the early 90's, where he was brought back to life after being dead for 20 years.

I will never not hate that disgusting piece of ugly.

>Casual dress Emma Frost
>Drinking out of a Pikachu mug

I genuinely love that.

It almost doesn't look tardnasty from the back... until you notice the fucking are-you-serious GAUNTLET CLAWS and the stupid thing on the back of the helmet.

I like to think he's shouting that Mariah Carey.

Why? Why? Just.... why?

And then the front of his helmet, with his nose exposed. Why even wear a helmet?

Okay, Nita, Turbo, Rich can fly of their own power, I get that. Speedball is exactly the kind of guy who would bounce high enough to fly with them. Bolt is carried by Turbo.
But did Aegis just fucking jump out of the hovercar?!

So ugly.

So I haven't read much Nova. Mostly Sam and DnA era Rich. When does Rich start shooting energy instead of just charging into them?

Invulnerability is a hell of a drug

OMD really did just fucking ruin Peter as a character, didn't it?

Seriously, you waited until this long to bring up WHY you want to kill them all?

Gen X Emma was significantly de-slutted.
I mean she was still sexy as hell, but he day to day was more "business suit with a corset on the outside" than the low rent streetwalker outfits Morrison had her in.

Yeah, the Warriors met Emma Frost back in the original New Warriors series, back when she was still a supervillain.
As X-user said, that limited series may have been the most evil Emma Frost has ever been.

It's also the Pikachu mug that I like. One of her students just GAVE it to her, and she continues to drink out of it.

So I haven't read Generation X. Why exactly is Jubilee with them, instead of the X-Men? I know Kitty fucking threw a fit when Xavier tried to make HER join the kids division.

>Nita using a car door as a shield

Speaking of people the New Warriors met, I can't imagine Jubilee wasn't among them, given how big the X-Men were in the early 90s.

They DID fight the Hellions though.

You covered yourself in fucking random chemicals. OF COURSE IT HURTS

>Why exactly is Jubilee with them, instead of the X-Men?

Phalanx Covenant, basically. There was a crossover, most of Generation X was kidnapped by the Phalanx, Jubilee, Emma, and Sean were the X-Men who were on point in resolving it, and for the first time after Jubilee joined the X-Men, there were more kids her age around. (As the New Mutants had either formed X-Force or scattered)

So she got switched over to the X-Kid team, and annoyed everyone with Wolverine anecdotes.

So yeah, Generation X Emma did eventually meet Firestar again, and they made up. Since we're here for the Danny stuff, I'm not going to run that issue unless people want to see it when I'm through.

>Bolt is now going to live with Nita

HAPPY NOW?!

Why is he sleeping on a couch? Most firehouses have actual beds in them.

>Marvel listening to fans
Simpler times.