Was his movie any good?

Was his movie any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KDxjRoO2BlY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Look, you have to understand. With a wife and two kids, it's harder than ever for me to make and edit new videos all the time. I'm super, super busy.

Why are all of his videos now prefaced with that information?

It hurts me to say no. But the man knows how to work with a budget.
I would have loved the hell out of it if it came out 9 years ago.

Very meh. Could've been so much better. I appreciate all the creative work he put in, but that doesn't mean it's good. He's like Ed Wood.

like shitting up a donkeys asshole!

Because I bet it is hard to make tons of videos a week and still raise his kids. I'm surprised at how fast he does get stuff put out.

AVGN: The Movie -
Entertainment: 6/10
Production Value : 6/10
Sincerity: 7/10

Kickassia -
Entertainment: 3/10
Production Value : 1/10
Sincerity: 1/10

Space Cop -
Entertainment: 2/10
Production Value : 6/10
Sincerity - 1/10

*Sincerity: Measure of how sincere (or ironic) the film is. An indication of how honest the filmmakers involved were with themselves, the film itself, and their target audience. E.g.: A film made specifically to be "so bad that it's good" or "ironically bad" simply to make a profit scores low in Sincerity.

>mfw Mike recently talked about the miney crafta video

what did he say?

youtube.com/watch?v=KDxjRoO2BlY
@1:39:23

At least he didn't apologize for the video like I thought he would.

Because he's lazy and he's using it as an excuse. Doesn't he work from home? Think of all the parents who have to travel and work two jobs. He's not a single parent. Such a lame excuse that only young teens who are out of touch with the real world responsibilities buy

The movie was painful to watch, and it's only gonna get worse with age. I don't think I laughed once. EVERYTHING is totally off

His videos are just him playing video games with his friends. How hard is that?

Space Cop's production value was definitely higher than AVGN. Kickassia should have a negative score in entertainment

It's surprisingly hard.

>HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAS
>TO LET YOU FUCK HIS WIFE IN THE ASS

I miss Bootsy

It takes time just as kids to and if he is a decent parent, the kids are a priority and will take most of his time.

Please stop giving that autistic coat tail riding faggot attention or he'll never fuck off

You tell me.
captcha: knight brown

This

The AVGN movie was bad... the scope should have been far simpler... he should not have hired humvees, as many actors, shot endlessly on location, lot of worthless cgi... he drained his budget and we got a forgettable turd.

The alternative movie that was written by some anons in a thread soon after sounded entertaining as fuck.

No the problem is Rolfe thinks the reason people liked his videos was because he's funny but he's not. The appeal was watching him play shitty or challenging games and his knowledge of those games. The movie has none of the stuff that was appealing.

It's garbage.

You sound like a dumb fanboy.

>A film made specifically to be "so bad that it's good" or "ironically bad" simply to make a profit scores low in Sincerity.
Then AVGN: The Movie should get 1/10. He literally begged his fans to give him money for this turd.
Kickassia was just a shitty home video project, not something "serious" like AVGN: The Movie.

>Because I bet it is hard to make tons of videos a week and still raise his kids
It really isn't.

Look, most people with a wife and two kids work a 9 to 5 job to support their family. Shit, some people do a lot more work than that. If he worked eight hours a day, he'd easily be able to produce more than one video a day, and could easily do a new AVGN video weekly, if not multiple times a week.

"I have a wife and kids" is no excuse when it's your job to make videos, and it is his job to make videos because that's how he pays the bills.

If you can make tens of thousands of dollars a month by making videos from home but don't because "muh kids" that isn't being a good father or provider for your family. If he actually gave a shit and worked hard he could be making a lot of money. RLM makes 20,000 dollars a month from Patreon alone with YouTube ad money, livestream tips and merchandise sales on top of that. He doesn't give a shit anymore and uses his family as an excuse.

gonna have to give that a big nope

Wasn't one of his kids retarded? I bet they would need extra attention.

Well said. Agree

What is this?

When his daughter was born she couldn't move her arm so they took her to a physical therapist

No, she got injured during birth or some shit. She's been fine for like 5 years. Got anymore excuses lined up for him to not make new videos? And let's be honest, even when he does, they've sucked. He's a shell of himself, and all he has is Mike fucking Matei to fall back on. Meanwhile, Mike's getting drunk and posting dick pics for his kid followers on twitter......

The movie SHOULD have basically just been a remake of "The Wizard"

James, or his buddy wanted to play at a Vidya game competition and drive across country to do so, video game hijinks on the way ensue, "mini bosses" on the route, a big bad antagonist thats harrassing him / who he has to defeat.

He / they eventually win and as he's getting his trophy / million dollar cheque, something happens that causes him to go on one of his ... "epic" nerd rages and he swears and rages on stage and has to forfeit. He goes back to his day job with his buddy and they reflect on everything but are ultimately happy, they open a couple of rolling rocks and they fade to black as Nerd fires up SImon's Quest on the NES

wow what a retard.

And? Again, there are people with disabled children who hold down 9 to 5's. This is no excuse.

Does his wife even work?

>and his knowledge of those games
Except he's not very knowledgeable about the games and gets basic shit wrong all the time.

>The movie SHOULD have basically just been a remake of "The Wizard"
This is actually a way better idea than what he came up with.

Doesn't James have a regular schedule for his other stuff (James and Mike Monday, Playlist and movie reviews) while working on AVGN episods in between?

>better idea

Right?

Simple theme, affordable, focuses on games, get to play up the nerd aspect, eventually gets to play up the rage aspect.

Instead... we got something about aliens... the usa military, global conspiracy ... i don't even.

>Does his wife even work?
probably not

he goes to mike's house like once a month to record some shit. A lot of the recent movie reviews are reuploads or him/him and mike bullshitting about a new movie. Doubt that takes long to record.

DIdn't James' wife make him hire a black guy for the friend role?

Didn't he actor call specifically call for a black guy / non white guy? Is that true?

He also has multiple people helping him make videos if not making videos for him.

What game do you think he should do an AVGN of?

I reckon Crash (The original, not N.Sane version) could create some funny moments.

Most people work 8-10 hours a day away from home. His job, now that he rarely ever makes an AVGN video, is recording him or just his friends at his house playing Zelda or some other old game they've been playing for 20 years already, or doing a "top 10 cartoons I watched when I was 11 and still talk about every day of my life" or just reviewing a new movie he saw in theatres. The shit he does now can hardly be called work. Plus, his wife is basically a stay at home mom.

It pisses me off so bad when youtubers who've never had a real job their whole lives bitch about how much work and time they put into their job....

Bitch, you've put in 5 hours a week into your job per week. Maybe 8 if you've you've put out 2 videos that were really well thought out and lengthy.

They always have to really *sell* the notion that they work hard to get those patreon donations and get people to buy their memorabilia. Otherwise, they pretty much stay on a permanent paid vacation.

I can only imagine how beat down they'd be after ONE real day's work...

Also, AVGN's brother in law frequents here. Says the guy is full sperglord. He had a couple of pics behind the scenes and family pics with the guy so I'm pretty sure it's legit. He says with the money he made for the movie, he actually bought a pretty nice 250k home with cash, no mortgage. Maybe a g went into the movie, tops, depending on if he's actors were paid or he roped them in for free on the notion that the exposure would jumpstart their careers.

>Implying a video can be scripted, shot, and edited in 8 hours, several times a week

>Also, AVGN's brother in law frequents here. Says the guy is full sperglord. He had a couple of pics behind the scenes and family pics with the guy so I'm pretty sure it's legit.
yeah those stock photos were real convincing!

>scripted, shot, and edited

It's just him playing video games with his friends on a couch in front of a camera on a tripod. There is no script. The editing consists of cutting out filler and breaking the video into several parts so he can make a few days worth of videos out of one gameplay session.

what pictures

That's James and Mike Monday stuff. His AVGN videos have a lot more behind it. First he has to play and record the game to see if it has any worthwhile shit to go over, then he has to make a note on the times where certain shit goes down, then he has to make the script, record him "playing" the game, make the voiceovers and then edit the video to be polished enough. With how he is making AVGN episodes now, there is a lot more editing and shooting he has to do. It's basically square one again if he can't find a game to get good material out of it. There is only so many times you can say "This is shit" and "LJN are cunts"

Not saying he isn't a lazy bastard sometimes, just it isn't always laziness.

Who?

You're a retard and I bet you think AVGN is the only thing he does.

The sheer amount of content cinemassacre used to put out during Halloween for monster madness was ridiculous.

Yes, the videos he makes takes less than 8 hours to script, shoot, and edit even if he were working alone, which he isn't.

>His AVGN videos have a lot more behind it
See my original comment.

>If he worked eight hours a day, he'd easily be able to produce more than one video a day, and could easily do a new AVGN video weekly, if not multiple times a week.
I wasn't talking about his AVGN videos when I said "more than one video a day." The AVGN videos aren't even the bulk of the content he puts up any more and haven't been for the longest time.

It does not take him more than 8 hours to produce the videos he makes. It probably doesn't even take much more than an hour. The guy is lazy, and I don't blame him, I'd be a lazy ass, too, if I were self-employed and my job were shooting videos of me or my friends playing video games and talking about movies or old TV shows or whatever. I'm not even saying that he has to produce more videos. Frankly, I'm fine either way.

What isn't cool is saying "I just don't have time because I have a wife and kids" because there are people with a wife and kids who work their ass off to provide for them. He doesn't get to make that excuse.

"Sorry, I don't want to force myself to make multiple videos a day because I know they wouldn't be that good" is a fine excuse. "I have a wife and kids" isn't.

>tfw I have never ever watched any video that is not simply the Nerd or James reviewing something by himself
>tfw I have no idea who anyone else in his crew is, am completely oblivious to the drama, and have no reason or desire to change that

>His AVGN videos have a lot more behind it.

Yeah, but he makes like 2 a year, and it's not like they're amazing

same... when people talk about this Mike guy its just a bit bemusing

Go watch Board James. They're skits like AVGN, and it was pretty good until he started over-writing it.

It's fine to say you don't want to make videos as often because you'd rather focus on your family. Of course, that's vastly different from saying you can't make videos because you have no time because of your family, which is a huge slap in the face to anyone who actually works for a living to provide for their family.

>and it was pretty good until he started over-writing it.
Yep. The worst part is when he made a video to explain "the Board James mythology," especially considering the whole thing sounded like something a first grader might come up with.

>guys, look how clever my writing was, you probably all didn't notice
>you see all these subtle clues I left? pretty clever, right?
>g-guys? anyone still watching?

the was the moment i realized he was autistic

>>Look, you have to understand. With a wife and two kids, it's harder than ever for me to make and edit new videos all the time. I'm super, super busy.
I do not get it.
Making videos his real job now.
How you can't get time to do your job?

Both RLM and AVGN love film and thats why they wanted to create their own. What they didnt realize: theyre shit at it, not born for it. They created a new "form" of film with their online videos and thats were they excel. Their online content already belongs to the "classics" of this new genre. This shit happens all the time in all forms of media.

spoken like someone who doesn't have a real job.

great lighting

wow, jemas really gone fat

Bootsy was the best part of Board James. And he wrote the songs too

This always happens or the shot is out of focus. How long have these idiots been making videos and they still can't light or focus a frame? It's one shot of them sitting on a coach for the whole video! Turn on a fucking light!

>SMASHADELPHIA

Is this a reference to sex?

super smash bros i would assume

But he lives in the same house as he did before the Kickstarter for the movie.