Tom King's unpublished #BlackLivesMatter issue

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/15/the-blacklivesmatter-superman-comic-that-dc-hasnt-published-yet-by-tom-king-and-trevor-von-eeden/

What do you guys think about this? Should they publish it?

Is the turn happening now?

wtf Sup Forums hates Tom King now

No, it's pretty distasteful. Keep that stuff out of comics, no need to politicize everything.

Oh yes, just wait for Batman and Vision people will shitpost at first but then theyll believe the shitpost

I wanna read it

>PANEL 2: We’re in the POV of the police. Night. Large protest outside a hospital in Suicide Slums. Crowd is largely black. Holding signs and shouting at the camera.

>CAPTION: “A 4-7 permit was not filed with MTA as is required under M.C.O. 1.54.”

>PROTEST SIGN: How much is a black life worth?

>PROTEST SIGN: Who shot Black Lighting!?

>PROTEST SIGN: When are you going to kill Aquaman?

>PROTEST SIGN: Who shot Black Lightning!?!

>PROTEST SIGN: Where’s justice now? Where’s the Justice League now?

>trevor-von-eeden/

The one who married Millar's ex?

Why is DC so problematic

>>Protest Sign: When are you going to kill Aquaman?
Toppest of keks.
Release this now.

I dont like comic book storys that deal with these political issues with a character getting hurt or dying. And this happens alot. Cant we just see the reaction or the character getting sucked into the issue due to the elevated status of being a hero.

>What do you guys think about this? Should they publish it?

BLM was started by the CIA confirmed.

Look i like King's comics but a guy that was willing to kill innocents and children and joined the non-jewish organization that has been responsable of more murders after the 50's cant wash the blood on his hands with Ink. Chances are he is stil CIA just like Anderson

So wait did Black Lightning actually get shot?
But I guess I'd be a hypocrite if I said not to publish it because I think it'd be stupid or disagree with the views.
Publish it.

>BLM issue
>Black Lightning shot.
Oh! I get it! Black Lightning Matters! Based King.

I don't really care if it gets published or not but I'm hoping this could give them reason to get rid of Berganza. Pretty rude to just not reply to the guy but not surprising given how incompetent he is.

>this will finally get Sup Forums to turn on king
feels good man. dont even care about blm, just hate kingfags almost as much as morrison fags

I really don't see how they'll be racial tensions in the DC's America as thick as there are in real life. It's as ridiculous as saying 9/11 happened when there's Superman, Wonder Woman, Dr. Fate, and the dozens of other heroes that could easily have stopped the attacks. Same with the Suicide Squad taking on ISIS. It just seems so out-of-place. Like, there's thousands of superheroes around the globe, and you're telling me none of them could've done anything to stop terrorist attacks and cop shootings? Just in DC's America, there's like, what, at least three hundred different superheroes?

They should, seems interesting enough

Will Superman start demanding reparations for ever slight to space aliens in history, no matter how slight?

Suicide Squad taking on smaller stuff like ISIS has been what they were from the start though. That does make sense.

this post is bait

9/11 did happen in current dc which makes sense because most heroes have only been around 10 years at most

nope just think both king and morrison are highly overrated. but I have at least enjoyed some morrison

I just remembered, the ISIS expy that the Suicide Squad fought were members of the League of Assassins that deserted and formed their own group. Forgot about that when I wrote my post, so... ignore that. Still, the part about 9/11 and the cop shootings still stand. I know in the Nu52, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the other "main" heroes didn't appear until after 9/11 happened, but the older generation still could've done something about it.

>but the older generation still could've done something about it.
what older generation?

But BLM is a terrorist group? Why make an issue about them?

because king has to drag everything back to fighting terrorists. and only muslims can be terrorists

Welp that's all folks.

Sup Forums had a good run but there's no way the Sup Forums takeover is preventable now.

There was no older generation. Even in Rebirth the JSA types will be out of commission due to genie shenanigans.

Explain.

Wait, so, there was literally no superheroes before Superman showed up? I just looked it up and JSA don't even exist anymore. I mean, I knew about the Earth-2 version of them, but I thought they'd still be a version of them on the main world.

Does that mean Max Mercury doesn't exist anymore, since he's an old superhero? Jeez. Maybe I should read more comics before posting opinions.

Will never get published now that BLM people are shotting white protestors in Milwaukee

the jsa existed apprently but johnny thunder made them disappear and everyone forget about them when mccarthy told them to take off their masks now. there was like frankenstein, and stormwatch and that was it before batman that people remembered

Mods are not up to the task of handling the week on Sup Forums after a King penned BLM themes comic drops.

Off topic cross site shit posting will be out of control and it will be the event that Sup Forums never recovers from. The announcement of a black lead in Star Wars TFA was that moment for Sup Forums and this will be the moment for Sup Forums.

They're also (mostly) right, IMO. Doesn't make them any less of a terrorist group. History is littered with correct terrorists.

Your mom's asshole was highly overrated.

probably desu but I don't see 10 threads talking about how my mom's asshole is the greatest asshole in the world

>Maybe I should read more comics before posting opinions.
If only 99% of this board thought like you.

Will Black Lightning ever not be just a "relevant black people" superhero?

I still think it's dumb how there could be cop shootings in the DC world. Reading the article, the issue would also mention the shooting of Michael Brown and the Ferguson Riots, and all that's making me think is: is there seriously no hero who attempted to diffuse the racial tensions?

I feel like he could be if DC would ever just treat him with a modicum of respect.

I mean, fuck, why isn't HE the new, black member of the Justice League? Electrical powers are actually even more useful than advanced cybernetics, and BL probably has a higher ceiling of raw power than Cyborg. Also, unlike Cyborg, Black Lightning is definitively an adult, so we don't have Cyborg's weird limbo where he's simultaneously a part of the League and the Teen Titans.

It could totally have worked.

Don't forget how much more notable BL is compared to Cyborg.

Nobody even knows who Vic is.

no one lives in New York in DC

He wasnt on a cartoon Johns liked

Criminals die all the time in comics, why would they stop the cops from killing one?

or they could have used Vixen and not had WW be the token girl

I think white men should stop trying to act as a voice for BLM.

Do you honestly believe they'd kick out a member of the Trinity to have fucking Vixen?

Pretty sure the idea was WW and Vixen, so WW doesn't come off as the token girl.

he means to have 2 girls instead of one so wondy won't be the only passed around

that would cheapen WW as the only female in the group

Truth to be told outside of Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman the others are just there to make numbers. That's why it doesn't really matter which GL is there and which Flash is there.

Oh yeah, I guess Aquaman is supposed to be there too.

>that would cheapen WW as the only female in the group
What the hell does that matter? Since when is "only female in the group" any kind of worthwhile qualifier that needs to be protected?

Ah, my bad.

Why? From what I've seen no white guys are actual spokesmen....atleast not white guys who cop to being white.
If some white guy wants to make a shitty Black Lives Matter story with Superheroes why shouldn't he be able to? Why should black writers be the only one to make bad stories with a MESSAGE!

You're talking to Sup Forums.

because it make her more unique?
as the only female that can play with the big boys like Superman?
if any random could enter into the main roster it would be pointless, that's why they have B-teams and random guests

It'll be a stupid, tacky, distasteful joke like Spidey and His Amazing Friends Mourns 9/11. Tom King is still the best tho.

If you look at the statistics you'll see BLM are not right (though some of them might have their hearts in the right place). It's a movement built on misinformation and lies. It's a fact that whites are killed by cops more than blacks are in the US, lot's of cops don't discriminate but they're just too fucking trigger happy, the big killer for African Americans is black on black crime which is through the roof. There are plenty of black cops that back up these claims. The solution to these problems is to clean up the black community and get them off the streets and into education and employment not to blame cops and white people for everything like it'll change anything.

I don't think you understand WW or the JL at all, stop posting

why? because you have nothing worthwile to say? follow your own advise and shut up

Your post is just complete nonsense. Why should she need her gender to make her unique? Why do you think she's the only female hero that is Superman-tier? Why do you think "any random" CAN'T enter the main roster? Nothing you're thinking could be based in knowledge.

I don't wanna get all Sup Forums (Sup Forums is a place where I can take a break from being a Sup Forumsack) but the New Century Foundation's Color of Crime reports do a great job of calculating racial disparities in violent crime using FBI data, and surprise surprise, black people commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime. You can even divide the matter further by class, and the statistics still show that blacks commit it a disproportionate amount of violent crime. It's a solid, factual, indisputable reality that polite society has agreed not to talk about for fear that it will lead to the KKK coming back.

>Tom King proven to be a hack time and time again
>Sup Forums still sucks his dick

>Clean up the black community
Wow man, what a good idea, I bet nobody thought about that shit.

This is why I REALLY would love for Marvel to introduce a new Punisher and have him just be a black guy who's fed up with all the violence in the hood and take the fight to the streets. It makes perfect sense when you consider that Frank Castle was an Italian-American who went to war primarily against the Italian Mafia- It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Didn't the KKK's big revival come from the Red Scare? Also they didn't just target black people, although they were in the top 3, but Commies, Jews, and Catholics?

So is the new Robin kid getting killed off finally?

They won't use Black Lightning because his rights are partially owned by Tony Isabella. WB would never build their big billion dollar franchise off of a character they didn't entirely own.

Yeah, except he's a main character in the most popular current show on Cartoon Network.

Black Vulcan was, and they're essentially the same character. Like I said above, DC doesn't entirely own Black Lightning, which is why they made a copycat character to use on the TV show.

>WW
>token girl
Thanks for demonstrating that you have no idea what you're talking about.

There never really was a KKK "revival" after the Klan's breakup in the 19th century. Instead you had a ton of splinter groups forming throughout the 20th century, all claiming to be the revival of the old Klan. David Duke was one of those leaders who attempted to reform the Klan as a political organization rather than a violent one, but it never panned out.

Curiously enough, despite being heavily driven out of the political orthodoxy, Duke's vision of a contemporary American white nationalist political movement is finally coming to fruition thanks to increased racial anxiety. (the same anxiety that is the center of the 2016 election. Consider Trump a result of this rather than a cause) Yet, once again, you're seeing the exact same sort of power struggles. Greg Johnson and Richard Spencer don't see eye to eye, Matt Heimbach hates both of their guts, Jared Taylor wants the movement to make itself a little bit more palatable to normies while Andrew Anglin and weev are doing everything in their power to make the opposite true, and Hal Turner is still around for some ungodly reason.

I'd imagine the revival probably had more to do with desegregation.
But I'd only imagine that, I have no real evidence.
Punisher really needs to franchise.
You can have Hood Punisher who ironically takes on black on black crime.
Ooh what about a whole Autodefensa group for the Mexican Punisher. Just a whole town that was so fucked by a cartel they all went Frank mode and just became a roaming army, demolishing Cartelis wherever they encountered them.

Is-is there a reason you know so much about the KKK

To be fair, Berganza has had his own troubles to deal with.

Could have at least delegated things to be handled by someone else though instead of leaving a creator hanging like this. It's unprofessional.

How do superheroes being around somehow negate random cop shootings and racial profiling? That is some weird ass political dissonance.

Funny thing is that I'm sure he reasoned beyond other small things like homelessness and such in a superhero universe but somehow this is a thing that bothers him.

Though I get not wanting ripped from the headlines stuff because it usually cheapens actual tragedy and just feels like someone trying to make money off emotional manipulation rather than doing anything insightful.

I wonder if they went into Texas to get their arms and armor.

God...

I can even imagine the hick redneck gunstore owner asking what they need this much firepower for and when told they're going to war with the cartels lets them have all the ammo they want...

I'm sure it's probably not like they all went up in mass.
I'm sure they have their procedures down there to get their hands on shit, hell I wonder if they got their stuff from the same guy who equipped the Cartel who was terrorizing them.

Not saying it completely negates it, but what I meant was how are the tensions in DC's America as bad as in real life? Like, obviously DC's world is completely different from ours, but I don't mean the fact that they have superheroes. We know that in the DC world, there's advanced technology, there's aliens, there's Amazons, so it would be odd that something like the Michael Brown shooting and the Ferguson Riots happened exactly the same in the comics. Like, there's no difference between the two -- it's even the same victim and the same town. Couple that with the fact that the world has almost ended at least four times, you would think the problems with race would be less severe as they are in real life.

Even in fiction, blacks still have victim complexes.

I suddenly want to see Superman declare that black people need their own separate security spaces to be protected from inherent white racism in society. Separate...but equal.

Why don't you just put all the black people on a farm, Clark?

Just like racism, religious discrimination and general mistreatment of men died after the second World War? Or how all that technology and alien beings has made poverty and injustice disappear? Nigga please.

What you're saying doesn't really make much sense. Nothing about the DCU would make it not happen. The only difference might be that it probably wouldn't make the headlines over the sci-fi/magic events.

Because people are retarded.

It's like how people are trying to get Huckleberry Finn banned (again), but this time they're trying to ban it because it's apparently racist. Despite the fact that if anyone reads Huckleberry Finn it's CLEAR AS FUCKING DAY that the story is about how racism is retarded.

It's a long and sordid and sometimes funny story that I may tell in full a few years from now, but the TL;DR is that I used to be involved in the alt-right and the topic of the KKK comes up every now and again. Believe it or not, Moon Man's popularity actually spurred a revival of interest in the Klan.

>In Kansas no less

I hope it never sees the light of day. Also this

>Believe it or not, Moon Man's popularity actually spurred a revival of interest in the Klan.

... Please tell me you're not talking about the Mac Tonight meme.

And here I thought Sup Forums didn't exist outside of Sup Forums. Lord have mercy on us all.

No! Black lives don't matter to Black lives matter They never omit that when A person shot was in the because he dindu nuffen Like michael brown.You never hear about them going in trouble hoods & speak out bout black On black violence. They see it as A race issue not A culture issue.evey shooting is because racists cops not A policing issue. They are just separating Cops & whites from each other

No, dude has a point. Stories like these (and superhero stories in general) tend to ignore the kind of paradigm shift regular exposure to aliens and other sci-fi shenanigans should bring about.

I'm not saying it'd bring about world peace overnight, but you'd think the "us vs them" mentality would shift when we have more than "those guys from the bad side of town" to worry about.

That would assume people actually regularly thought about that shit in a meaningful way, which we all know doesn't happen in real life.

Are you okay, user? You may want to see a doctor about that motor-function or speech damage you appear to have suffered.

You can't fix the black community, or really any poor community, but in America it's usually specifically black ones that are targeted, because it's too profitable to not have them as an underclass. Easily exploitable people are a must to make money easily and because of slavery and the fallout right up til about the sixties black people were the easiest people to exploit around since it was either completely legal or at least unpunished to fuck around with them. Couple that with ignorant racism and classism, which often got coupled together in people's mind as black people were considered the 'underclass' despite any actual financial situation the person was in, and you get the general populace to harass the underclass and keep them from organizing to fuck up the revenue flow.
People know it's easier to make money off thousands of people with a little money than one person with a lot of money. It's also safer as you don't put all your eggs in one basket and the poor people won't have the capital to fight you legally like a rich person could.
You can't 'fix the community' because it's not broken. It's working exactly as intended to make the most money, as steered by generations of racism, laziness, and greed

>black people read comics
I want this meme to die already

They don't, but they read the headlines they produce, and pleasing the blacks is great publicity.

>black people don't read comics
I want this meme to die already

>relevent

it seem really interesting story they should publish it when was the last time we got clark really telling a story from a reporters prospective

lots of black people read comics

That's racist

>lots of black people read comics

buy though?