I still don't buy Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman

I still don't buy Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

He's so corny.

Especially in this Justice League trailer.

The way he delivers his lines, it's just so laughable.

>I'm looking for WORRIORZ

Awful. I'm feel like I'm watching Gigli, and he always has this half-smirk on his face it's so fucking annoying. I can already tell him and Jared Leto will have zero chemistry too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wzzua9D65v0&spfreload=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>trailer.
Is not a trailer, but i don't expect Sup Forums to know any better

You know what's truly annoying? The way you formated that OP.

h-he's trying his best

: /

okay

you realize there's a hundred fucking movie threads you could've gone to instead of making a new one

triggered DCucks.

Masterful retort. He's going all out boys.

Real talk, I think the only reason people like Batfleck so much was because he was the sole okay thing in a horrible movie.

I don't have much faith in "The Batman" desu, especially with Johns writing the script

Yeah because petty retorts like the way I “formated" my post and “its a special preview not a trailer!!11" are worth writing an intellectual reply to.

This was meant for this guy

Batman adaptations are slowly falling victim to the Spider-Man problem: Few actors are able to portray both the hero and their secret identity well. Usually it's one or the other.

Affleck is a killer Batman, but a lame Bruce. Much like how Andrew Garfield was an awesome Spidey, but a hard-to-believe Peter.

That makes Bale the Tobey Macguire of DC.

>he always has this half-smirk on his face it's so fucking annoying
Gee Bruce Wayne is an arrogant smug asshole? What? What the fuck? Where did they take this from?

If they hate then let em hate and watch the money pile up.

>actually watching Gigli
How's that eternal curse treatin' you?

Let us watch the DC EU crash and burn. All those millions of dollars and hours of hard work wasted. All for my enjoyment.

Nicely said.

Although I don't think he's a very good Batman either.

>but a lame Bruce
But his Bruce was pretty much perfect.

His Bruce was fine...better than all previous ones anyway Keaton aside, and I even admit I mainly only love Keaton cause Batman 89 is a nostalgic favorite movie of mine

Afflecks Bruce seemed fine to me, he is a cocky control freak but also as broody as he needs to be, and he did the "I'm faking being a playboy" routine better than we've seen any of the others do

>WHERE IS SHE!!!!
>SWEAR TO ME!!!!

Fuck off

agreed, but I think DC fans have convinced themselves that he's good because everything else has been so shit.

I really doubt you can come up with a legitimate reason he's a "bad" Bruce, you're just trying to start console wars, and buddy you've got it if you want it

>Twink Rogers
Yeah, in no universe is the same guy who can be cast as Johnny Storm a good cast for Captain America
>Ruffabanner
Simply awful, generic awkward geeky guy
Hell I could go on all day but really the only good castings in the MCU have been Tony and Black Panther

Ever notice how Marvelfags almost never talk about Marvel movies? Whens the last Civil War thread you saw here? We still have MOS threads along with BVS and daily SS threads. I guess it makes sense though since one tends to forget Marvel movies the second they leave the theater

>MARTHA!! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?!!!11

You first.

Because you don't have to constantly try to convince people that a Marvel movie is good. With DC, autists defend it and try to push it as this misunderstood masterpiece since it was shit on.

Still not as embarrassing as Cancer voice Bale. That last exchange with the Joker at the end of TDK was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Bale was a good Bruce but a shitty Batman.

Affleck is an excellent Batman who had the bad fortune of debut in in a shit movie.

What's there to talk about? Every movie is the same thing

But all the DC threads i see is trying to convince people they're bad. Trying to force your own opinions down the throats of others. Meanwhile people actually talk about DC movies because good or bad they actually leave an impression on the viewer. Marvel movies do not. Being generic and paint by numbers usually does that though. Only Marvel movie i can say felt like something i wanted to watch a second time was GOTG.

Or because most of the movies are so mind numingly bland, formulaic, and uneventful in any meaningful way that there simply isn't anything to talk about

>You saw it?
>Yeh..
That's pretty much the only conversation you can have about 90% of MCU films

>I still don't buy Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Then you never will user. You never will.

>Only Marvel movie i can say felt like something i wanted to watch a second time was GOTG.

Man I'm with you on everything else you said, but bad taste, GOTG was shit.

Cap movies and Iron Man 1 were the best the MCU had to offer

Pretty much. GOTG is the only Marvel movie that felt different and that was mostly because it actually had it's own look and feel. I am hoping that Coogler's Black Panther Movie sets itself apart from other Marvel shit too.

I hate how people ITT are trying to turn it into a Marvel vs DC.

They're both putting out shit movies. The superhero genre is in the worst state it's ever been; we don't get blockbusters like The Dark Knight or Spider-Man 2 anymore.

So since the DC movies are dark they're meaningful? Snyder's all style no substance aesthetic really works on you impressionable cicks doesn't it?

And I like how everyone retroactively acts like Marvel never made good films.

>The Avengers
>Cap 1
>Winter Soldier
>IM1
>IM3

Sure they're movies have been a little abysmal lately in the Disney era of things but there passable popcorn fare and I'll definitely take it over shit like HONKA HONKA Suicide squad.

This pretty much

>I literally do not have even a basic understanding of the characters of both Batman and Superman and am casting an uninformed, unsubstantiated sentiment as if it is actually a valid criticism
BvS has problems, but this is really a casual's idea of one of them.

But go ahead. Let the shitposting rain down on me. Give me what you've got. Do what you need to do.

It's a contrived, lazy resolution to a conflict between two foes no matter however you try to spin it.

The ultimate battle between Man v God abruptly stops because they're mother's both have the same name? Gimme a break.

I bet that the Affleck Batman movies will be better Batman films than Nolan's.

Nobody claimed they were "bad" just that nobodybtalks about them because frankly they aren't worth talking about. Yet MOS is still talked and argued about despite releasing years ago, more so than civil War which came out months ago.

Mostly because Marvel movies leave no impression on the viewer whatsoever.

>all style no substance
Jesus fucking Christ, I can't believe people actually say this unironically about Snyder. Show me a Marvel film with imagery as cohesive, expressive, and meaningful as as Mos and BvS.

BvS is full of countless examples of aesthetic informing, corroborating, and aiding in the human performance, helping to convey the themes the film employs.

BvS is imperfect and Snyder needs people to say "no" to him way more often than not, but you are really reaching if you think purposeful imagery in a visual fucking medium is empty style.

Yes, go ahead and greentext the 2deep4u and the battered DC housewives memes. I don't even know why I bother. You want to hate the movie. I can't change that.

I love Ben's Batman. He just got off to a bad start. Seeing him and Ezra Flash at the start of Suicide Squad was probably the only good part of that movie for me.

Its not even about 2deep4U shit, DC movie actually feel like comic books come to life. Even when they miss there mark. Marvel movies not so much. Nolan movies didn't feel like comics either. Granted film is a different genre all together, I like my cape filmsmto feel closer inntheme to comics. BVS failed on many things what it succeeded in was the grandiose feeling of comic events/big story lines.

SS to date is the best Batman depiction T B H

>Marvel movies leave no impression on the viewer whatsoever.

Shit up with this pretentious shit already. The viewer is entertained. They laughed at the jokes, they were captivated by the action. You like an IMDb buff trying to sound smart.

What “impression" exactly has the DCEU left on people? A jar of piss and "TRIANGLE BITCH"?

>>The way he delivers his lines, it's just so laughable.

So.... Balebats then?

Come on, user. In the context of this mythos and these characters, it is a perfect end to an ignorant hatred.

Are you seriously going to pretend that Bruce's mother isn't the way to his heart? He sacrificed everything--any chance at happiness or even normalcy in an act of vengeance. 20 years fighting crime in Gotham, devoting himself absolutely to the combating of an abstract concept which took his parents' lives. He sacrificed himself out of love for his parents. For his mother.

And here arrives this creature from the sky, simultaneously coinciding with the fucking biblical destruction of a city and of the family Bruce has tried to remake in his company. It claims to be a helpful entity, but Bruce has seen and experienced what it's capable of. This thing came from somewhere, but not here. It was spawned by something, with some sort of mission. Bruce has come to believe that no one is infallible, incorruptible. What happens if and when this thing turns? In all his years as a crime fighter, he feels he's changed nothing. If he destroys the alien, Bruce will have done something, even if he dies trying.

But it has a mother. He has a mother. We have a mother. We are the same and you are good and maybe I can be again. Her name is Martha. And Martha won't die tonight.

>The viewer is entertained
Maybe you are because you're a fucking rube
>They laughed at the jokes
Maybe you did because you're a fucking rube
>they were captivated by the action
Maybe you were because you're a fucking rube

Seriously, if you think Marvel films are entertaining passed any other generic summer flick you're insane, Michael Bay does the brainless entertainment thing better most of the time

MCU fails at humor, if you laugh at it you have the same sense of humor as a Midwestern soccer mom or 7 year old. and the action is easily the worst part of these movies....the action is so half assed and filmed so poorly to anybody who's watched action movies their whole life

MCU fags are normies and rubes, you belong on Sup Forums not Sup Forums

Ben Affleck is a lame Bruce Wayne
Ben Affleck is an awesome Batman

How is he a lame Bruce? He's handsome, dapper, suave, plays the cavalier bachelor facade perfectly.

Why don't you like him?

You're right, it's not a trailer. It's even worse, it's an unedited scene from the actual movie and it sucks. It fucking sucks and now the only thing that looks salvageable in this shitheap is Aquaman and Cyborg of all things.

>Why don't you like him?
Honestly I'm a MCUfag and I just want to shit on DC because I know they're taking more chances than MCU and it scares me

>Being this ass blasted that DC movies are so mediocre.

>Honestly I'm a MCUfag and I just want to shit on DC because I know they're taking more chances than MCU and it scares me
>Taking more chances
Oh yeah, Like taking the chance to shove 6 comic plotlines into one movie, or the chance to kill off a character, just to show that he's alive the second after, or the chance to have an entire island be completely abandoned guys, really, there are NO innocents.

Or taking the chance to rewrite characters to the point that they arent even the same characters in any regard other then name.

I could take the chance of jumping in a ditch and hoping I survive, but that'd be pretty retarded, wouldnt it user.

Its strange he does a regional accent for some reason. I mean its not like he needs to alter his inflection since they use a voice modulator.

Retarded casual. Stick to bad movies and leave this board. Don't even read comics, do you?

They tried to lighten it up because apparently the BvS film was too dark which is dumb. He was better than I expected but BvS was over stuffed and Superman did not feel heroic and the heroes overall felt like patsies when Luther reveals how he played them so utterly.

As for people shitting on Marvel, Thor 3, Strange and Panther are going to be stellar.

The highway fight scene in The Winter Soldier shits on anything the DCEU has yet to put out.

I don't think you know what "mediocre" means.

>Oh yeah, Like taking the chance to shove 6 comic plotlines into one movie, or the chance to kill off a character, just to show that he's alive the second after, or the chance to have an entire island be completely abandoned guys, really, there are NO innocents.
I didn't say the movies don't have issues, they do, I'm not a mindless drone like you are, and that last thing IMO is a very clever punch at moronic critics who complain about stupid shit

>Or taking the chance to rewrite characters to the point that they arent even the same characters in any regard other then name.
MCU has done this with nearly every single character, as someone who doesn't read DC comics other than Batman and has been a Marvel reader since the early 90s, I should know

>it's a console wars thread
>about fucking movies because that's what this board is

>two scenes are filmed the same so that means it's deep

Snyder puts this shit into his movies because he knows retards like you will shill it as if it's high art.

That is assuming this isn't just his directing style repeating itself during various parts of the movie.

Do you feel better now?

I think what I've seen from Batfleck until now is fine, aside from the fact that he's a retard like everyone else in BvS. He's not in a real playboy camouflage as Bruce Wayne, but he's an older, bitter version, so that's fine.

I could see not having a Robin destroying the happy side of that man. Maybe having a team is just the therapy he needs. He lighted up once he got to fight with Superman and WW. I'm aware that that's just crappy, pseudoquippy writing to emulate Marvel, but it would fit in my opinion.

He was perfect in BvS, but I agree in that he comes off as really awkward in the JL preview. It's like he's having a perpetual anxiety attack, with the shaky almost quivered voice.

JL doesn't look good at all.

If WB knew what they were doing with the DCEU, they'd have Batman be Morrison's bondesque, genius, charasmatic Batman and their Superman would be Morrison's All Star Superman, the sun hero. Ben and Henry would nail these takes on their respective characters, I just know it.

Instead we have Zack Snyder's grimderp take on the characters.

I agree that Henry and Ben would be good as these versions of the characters, but those characters probably wouldn't resonate all too well with audiences.

In the 80s, I could see it happening. Don't know why, but suddenly I think Terry Gilliam could have been a good director for those versions of the characters.

Why don't you think these versions would do well with the audience?

I love this post. It perfectly captures the pretentious pseudo-intellectual attitude of DCEU fanboys.

If anything you just posted was true then all Superman had to say was "He has my mother" or something like that. He wouldn't refer to his own mother by her first name out of the blue. Who fucking does that? No one.

But he did, and so for all intents and purposes the movie's titular conflict was resolved with a coincidence.

Yeah I just don't buy him in the role. He's not Clooney bad, but he doesn't pull of Bats/Wayne well enough for me to like him in the part.

It would do well with a certain audience. But as Morrisons versions are very stylized, I would guess that the general audience would deem it too artsy for a popcorn flick.

And they are meant to be popcorn flicks that generate a lot of revenue.

I think those movies would be awesome, but I don't think it's likely we'll se something like that in the athmosphere Hollywood is in right now.

>Bruce Wayne introduces himself to Barry Allen
>Barry calls Bruce, one of the most richest people in the world, at total stranger
What?

I know who Warren Buffet is, but I would never recognize him on the street.

He is a total stranger even if he knows who he is. Fucking retards

Do you know anybody who runs your city? I sure as hell don't even know what my own mayor looks like, let alone the ultra rich behind the scenes who don't impact my life at all and are only known by the other ultra rich

Keaton's Bruce Wayne was basically a hermit, nobody knew who he was. It's not like this is a new concept or anything.

>sees his parents get pointless killed by a criminal
>hopped up on adrenaline
>last word he hears is martha

>hopped up on adrenaline
>about to kill someone
>last thing they say is martha
>gets triggered back to his parents death
>lois exploits his triggering and kills the moment

Buuuut it's not a scene is it it's a compilation of unfinished footage to tease fans and show people what they can expect/what they're working on.

Not sure if Batfleck can be Bondesque. Their decision to shoot for an older Bruce because they were aping the ideas behind Miller's version was their mistake here. Especially when Arthur is essentially the same age as Clark but Barry is very young as is the forced-upon Victor we're getting across all media. With the sort-of flirtation type behavior between them in BvS and the suggestions that continues even more in the ComicCon footage, Bruce and Diana will likely be viewed as a pair, which makes Batfleck the grumpy older grandpa who scored a youngish babe even younger than his two kids (who really should be his brothers, if anything) and then the actual two kids who will be forced to look at Bruce and Diana as den mom and dad.

That's a problem we'll likely be living with until they decide to reboot the films, even if after JL#1, Snyder is kicked off and barred from any future sets and simply gets his name on DECU stuff in perpetuity just like Avi Arad did.

This WW is thousands of years old

>and then the actual two kids who will be forced to look at Bruce and Diana as den mom and dad.
Implying that won't be fucking adorable.

Batfleck is just mid-40s like Affleck IRL, not grandpa age yet. So yes, sort of the older brother..

Bruce Wayne is a posh billionaire... I do not see any problem ... Affleck seems sufficient Wayne ..

>Affleck is a killer Batman
Indeed...much to my chagrin

>he always has this half-smirk on his face it's so fucking annoying
Wrong Batman.

>Shit up with this pretentious shit already. The viewer is entertained. They laughed at the jokes, they were captivated by the action.

Then they step out of the theater and forget what they just watched. Also i doubt viewers were very captivated by Thor 2 and Iron Man 2

youtube.com/watch?v=Wzzua9D65v0&spfreload=10

>I dont like bruce wayne/batman as bruce wayne/batman

I liked him better than anybody else with the exception of Michael Keaton and Adam West, so he can stay. And considering he had a really shitty script to work with, that's a feat.

Batman lines always sound retarded when said out loud.
>I KNOW pain.
>And sometimes... I share it.
That's not something you say to a criminal, that's something you say to Dolph Ziggler before putting him in a sharp shooter.

It's funny seeing posts like this. It's like people are willfully ignorant.
>contrary to popular belief Batfleck was well liked by more than just "DC fans", most critics who hated the movie agree that his performance as Batman was great.

All opinion from this point out but...

>Batfleck unlike pretty much every live action Batman prior is actually imposing as he is in the comic

>scary as fuck if you're a crook as he should be. The scene in BVS where he saves the sex slaves is one of the best Batman scenes in any movie. Only other scene in a Batman movie that comes close is in Batman Begins scenes where he is taking out Falcone's men one by one using stealth

>Batman is like a fucking creature of the night and people are terrified of him, as he should be.

>i like the voice changer more than Bale's "bat voice"
>He is a fairly good Bruce Wayne from what little of him we saw in BVS. Has the "faux arrogant playboy" thing going on.

>my problem with Bale was you got the sense that he didn't really want to be Batman. He was a necessary tool to clean up Gotham but in the end he just wanted to live happily ever after with his childhood GF.

>Batfleck you get the sense that Bruce is the disguise and Batman is the actual identity. As it should be.

>his interactions with Alfred are the best i have seen since BTAS with the GOAT Alfred. Want to see more of these two play off of each other.

>SS was probably the best portrayal of DCCU Batman so far. Aprehending criminals, without offing them. Actually goes out of his way to save Harley despite her being an accomplice in Dicks death.

As has been said before , Affleck is a talented writer and director, so yeah very much looking forward to "The Batman". Finally seeing Batfleck carry a solo film will show once and for all whether he is truly good in the role. As of yet though what i have seen of him has impressed me.

Warehouse fight in BVS shits on that from high altitude

I think thus far Keaton and Affleck were the best

Winter Soldier has awful fight scenes. Russo bros can't shoot a fight scene to save their life. They always drown it in shaky cam, thousands of cuts and zoom ups.

This. I like how he was completely over that whole "HOW DO I BALANCE TWO LIVES" schtick that writers love to saddle Batman with. This Bruce was just as much the boss of his company as he was Batman.

>Louis CucK

He was so good at being Bruce Wayne that Wallace Keefe, when arrested, had the counter argument "I WORK FOR BRUCE WAYNE," which shows that Bruce is the best person to work for.

Constantly shits on Marvel......uses entirely Marvel characters for reaction images.

That scene was jarring and uncomfortable because you're watching Batman punch people skulls in and dismember their bowels like he's the fucking Punisher or some shit.

>twink rogers
No man can be delusional enough to think this is a twink from the bottom of his heart

Half this thread reads like incredibly blatant DC shilling

That and every fight in Man of Steel. But there aren't enough quips so clearly it doesn't matter, right?

I didn't even realize it when I typed it.

For reference, this is the first google images result I got for "twink"

The CGI fests everyone shat upon after release because of how weightless and inconsequential they felt, you mean?