Is not knowing how to code kinda shitty in modern age?

Is not knowing how to code kinda shitty in modern age?
I feel like I'm illiterate.

Other urls found in this thread:

lynda.com/JavaScript-tutorials/Foundations-of-Programming-Fundamentals/83603-2.html
lynda.com/Java-tutorials/Foundations-Programming-Object-Oriented-Design/96949-2.html
kodewithklossy.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RARE FLAG.

Most people don't know shit beyond the most superficial aspects of the technology they use. You shouldn't feel out of place.

AY-O

WE GOT A MONTENIGGER IN THE HOUSE

this but it is always good to know a little bit.

do some arg games and research a little bit.

search engines could be useful, if you know the names of codes and other aspects you could easily find a guide or a translator, decoder, etc. on the internet.

>Montenegro
>Rare

Nope. They shitpost all over the board.

OP: There are literally thousands of online courses teaching code.

I'd say it's the equivalent of not knowing anything about car repair. Not really necessary but you'll get a lot out of learning a little.

You can always learn it I guess?

I just started playing with basic lua in computercraft, the basics are not very hard to understand

lol no. Almost no one knows how to code.

Unless you actually need to code as part of your profession or have a genuine interest in doing it for a hobby then theres no reason at all for you to be able to code. I dont know shit about engines, if my car breaks down i take it to a professional. I dont feel bad about that, Im a chef and im damn good at it, people come to me when they want great food, im sure they dont feel bad about that. I also play guitar because i enjoy it. I cant code for shit, doesnt bother me at all. We all have different skill sets and different needs. Find your niche man, dont feel bad about what your not, feel great about what you are!

Anyone can learn to do some coding. Now being able to do good coding is another story.

you can make websites these days just by literally right clicking a bunch fuck knowing how to code

You could do that decades ago. Remember geocities or angelfire?

String OP = "Fag";
while(true)
{
System.out.println("OP is a " + OP);
}

Just watch this and you'll get a basic understanding of how everything works. It's only 3 or 4 hours.
lynda.com/JavaScript-tutorials/Foundations-of-Programming-Fundamentals/83603-2.html
then
lynda.com/Java-tutorials/Foundations-Programming-Object-Oriented-Design/96949-2.html

Nice loser mentality.
>I can resize pictures with ms paint
>I don't ever need photoshop ever for anything

Op
Just take a couple months and learn python or something, it looks good on a resume.

Don't feel bad, coding is hard. Programming languages are not like normal human languages. I'm a professional computer programmer, I've been doing the job for almost 10 years now. I'm pretty good, but honestly, even most pros are bad coders. That's how hard it is; even the people who do it for a living tend to be bad at it.

RUN DOGE!

You kinda are. On a basic level it's super easy to learn something simple though. And fun.

I need time to calculate the most simple things in my head. Coding is only for fast thinkers.

The best coders are the hobbyists or ones who work in open source. See Richard Stallman.

If only he put his talent to use on a worthwhile project rather than flogging the dead horse that is linux.

Is this a joke? Linux is most widely used operating system.

Stupid americunts are the reason pajeets got in to tech.
Scamming retards is as easy as taking candy from a baby.

How much is Bill paying you to shill?

not coding isnt a problem, but at least you should read a bit to the basics to understand how coding works. Variables, constants, loops etc.

I studied computer science for 2 years, but stopped because I wanted to change subjects. 90% of people who study coding are economic mixed degrees who want to put "I know coding" in their resume. they don't know shit compared to the people who actually study it further.

Shill what?

There is only one code worth learning.

COBOL. Fucking everything runs on it (banks, insurance, hospitals, etc.) and the workforce is ancient.

If you're going to learn a language at least learn the most valuable one.

None of this meme shit like python.

Other than that major in math and finance and take as many coding classes as you can fit into your schedule. Just to say "I'm familiar with coding" while having proof.

t. investment banker.

depends on what you DO know
maybe you can afford to just buy all the IT nerds in the world

Ok Poland keep telling yourself that.

But he's right about the courses. Thousands of sites teach it. If you want to know any programming language its at your finger tips. I know basics of java, html and c. I could easily master them but it's not relevant to my career so no point with as busy as I am.

>implying anyone will pay for that shit

But not too busy to post on Sup Forums?

>The best coders are the hobbyists or ones who work in open source.

In my experience a lot of these people are posers now. Writing your own app or contributing to on an open source project is considered a good way to burnish your resume and do social networking. As a result people get into those things as a means of professional growth and social climbing more than out of real interest in the source material.

Your country not allow meal breaks?

i tried learning at the codeacedemy website
im 29 years old and had no idea what the fuck was going on.
im also the definition of white trash though. i live in a double wide in the woods, smoke weed with my neighbors, own a very large cache of firearms, and frequently ride my ATV to the mom and pops gas station / corner store

It's like learning a new language.
It is a good theorical knowledge to have but unless you work in the STEM field it will most likely be completly useless.

Still it is fairly fun to learn something accessible like python

NO EXCUSES

kodewithklossy.com/

>Bai5
Overpriced shit water.
Hippie detected.

holy fuck, what about equality???

Irrelevant for the most part. I know how to code and I practically never do it. There has to be a reason to do something, because otherwise why do it?

>python
>meme shit

Python is at least useful. If you wanted to exemplify a meme language you should have said Lua.

that site has literally nothing about coding

Dev here

Doesn't matter what you code in. If you understand the concepts and can learn it, you can learn them all. Then move up to more abstract management positions and have some poo loo work for you

the jew will code you / for you, goy

it was bait

Putting brackets below rather than at the end of the line.

Disgusting.

I belive this is how a society works

Don't be ashamed of not knowing how to code, but if you're interested it wont do you any harm to see how a program is created or how a webpage works , HTML is very easy to grasp there are tons of videos on YouTube, and for programs i used one in my youth that helped me understand how softwares are created using algorithms etc, it's called "Visualg" you can download it for free and it's very lightweight, after you've grasped how the code works you can start moving up to bigger software for coding like eclipse and many others, it can be pretty fun and also frustrating at the same time

you are right, but i believe that every man should grasp how common stuff works, you know you don't need to call a plumber to fix a small problem in your kitchen sink, you don't need to call an electrician to fix your house fuse, and you don't need to call a mechanic to see why your car is smoking, these little knowledge are very useful and help you keep your wallet fat, also i don't know about the rest of the world but in Brazil there is good chance the mechanic or plumber will try to scam you telling you need a big fix to fix a small problem so if you understand what is wrong you wont get tricked

coding is just basic math, learning syntax, and learning the various APIs you have to deal with.
Some languages are more autistic than others, but they're all based on the same thing more or less.

why does everyone always say everyone should learn code. Wtf would i need to do with code??? i have never needed it. I set up torrenting on a raspberry Pi just through tutorials. I'm sure everything else you can just use tutorials too if you need it

Meme """languages""" that are popular among
people too autistic to learn actual languages.

Unless it is your actual profession there is absolutely no need for it.

Inb4
>current year mayme
>it is the future xD

I tried learning Java for six months, but I just got too bored and forgot everything.

>easily master

Lol kids coming out of these programs are usually not good enough to understand how green they are. It's like thinking you're Shakespeare because you understand grammar and have a basic vocabulary.

A single function is like a paragraph. A program is a book. It's easy to express an idea in isolation, but putting it all together into something cohesive is the heart of development and the actually difficult part.

It takes 7-10 years before you are a "master" developer, but even then you're just getting started.

knowledge of CSS, HTML is good for customizing your real-time web experience. Knowing how to use a Hexeditor helps with application editing. For example you can easily edit menu bars. Understanding Regedit can help you maximize your PC's performance. So yeah, any knowledge is better than a lack of.

No skill is usefull if you're a shut in neet. Except the skill to kill yourself fast, that one is p.good.

Nah the media and politicians just say stem to sound good and to try and get a few suckers to become programmers.

Most programmers are losers and it's not a great job. Even the top ones mostly fuck ugly chicks. Just be a fireman or something.

>he genuinely thinks computer science is a real thing and he's anything more than a code monkey