Is this the only actually good movie that's trying to be 'so bad it's good'?

Is this the only actually good movie that's trying to be 'so bad it's good'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBJKmSfBu0k&feature=youtu.be&t=1m19s
youtube.com/watch?v=oG82W_UHYGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dont think it is trying to be so bad it's funny. it is a parody of blacksploitation films, and i think it does a good job of that,

but yeah, usually trying to be bad just ends up making shit rather than anything good.

BUT BLACK DYNAMITE

It's not trying to be that though. It's like Shaun of the Dead. A legitimately good movie that both parodies and lovingly homages a film genre.

It's not a movie but still

>trying to be bad just ends up making shit rather than anything good.

user, you said "melt in your mouth..."

There's a difference between proper parodies and shit like Sharknado.

What else melts in your mouth?

I SELL DRUGS TO THE COMMUNITY

Danger 5 gets boring fast, unlike Black Dynamite.

not a movie but Garth Marenghi's Darkplace nails the so bad it's good parody

The old 'pie in the windowsill' trick. I can't believe I fell for that. That was the same trick you used in 'Nam to save my ass. B.D. took our fatigues and put them on two dead gooks. I remember we circled back and turned the tables.

I guess you forgot about the time you and Bravo company left my black ass for dead, huh? But I remember. I remember everything. I remember Vietnam like it was yesterday. I remember that village in Tainan that we cut down. It was a massacre. All the dead Chinamen we left in our tracks. I remember the faces, the children. This one child I'll never forget. Poor little bastard was still alive. His little Chinese legs were blown clean off! Still see his little shins & feet hanging from the ceiling fan across the hut. He was charred from his head down to his little Chinese knees. He tried to get up, but he fell over when what was left of his right leg broke off. As he laid there, flat on his face, he looked up at me. His little Chinese eyes burned right into my stomach, deep into my soul. He said something to me in Chinese like, 'Boo coo sow!', sounded like some cartoon shit. But I understood it to be a question that he was asking me. And I don't have to know how to speak Chinese to know what that question was. 'Why, Black Dynamite? Why?'

It's just fucking wonderful and is never discussed enough.

What did that chink phrase translate to again? Something like "cocksucker?"

The word is spoof or pastiche, not parody you fucking faggots

>he thinks spoof and pastiche are interchangeable terms

pastiche: A work of art, drama, literature, music, or architecture that imitates the work of a previous artist.
spoof: A hoax, a light parody.
parody: A work or performance that imitates another work or performance with ridicule or irony.
So, a parody then.

>actually looking up the definition of a word
>not just spouting them off to sounds like you are intelligent when you arnt.

jesus user, get it together.

As others have said, they weren't trying to be bad. BD was a good parody. I need to watch the actual movie. I have only seen the edited version on "Bounce TV"...even edited, it was funny.

No, it was just bad.

It's a good parody

holy shit i completely forgot this existed and have never seen it mentioned ever since i saw it years ago. i hated it as a teen (cant remember why, just thought it was unfunny), but im really curious if id like it today...

in all fairness, that's because there's like 6 and a half hours of it

Sarcastically I'm in charge is the only time intentional badness has ever worked

That's probably because you were way too fucking stupid and judging by your writing you still are.

I beg your pudding?

You and he were... buddies, weren't you?

Does any user have the commentary track? If so could you please upload it?

for you dubs brother

That's why they call me Chicago wind

He then later speaks Chinese with the fiendish Doctor Wu

> bullhorn noo!
Was it Wu or Wu's minions he spoke Chinese on the phone with?

Wu

This was really fucking awful.

Shirley you can't be serious

I THREW THAT SHIT BEFORE I WALKED THROUGH THE DOOR!

Hush up little girls...
Lotta cats got dat name...

I am serious
And dont call me shirley

>Jive-ass dubs don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit.

> SHES SMOOTH. LIKE ICE. COLD TO THE TOUCH AND IT ISN'T VERY NICE, WHEN YOU'RE LEFT. ALONE!

The writing is really good and it sticks to premise well. It had a very good cast too.

Who here has watched the Adult Swim show? Its pretty great.

It worked because of variety. You had moments where characters acted overly emotional for no reason, reused shots, and much more. All of these were divided into the movie in such a way, that it never seemed repetitious or overused. Truly, the best possible way to make a parody film l.

Post perfect dialogue.

>Euphoria: Dynamite's gonna make everything all right.
>Black Dynamite: Euphoria, shut the fuck up! I know that was you! I ain't even gotta look! I should send your ass back to Crenshaw Pete with his hot-ass coat hangers, bitch. Would you like that?
>[Euphoria shakes her head in fear and walks away. There is a long silence between Black Dynamite and Gloria]
>Gloria: Black Dynamite, I know that we just met, but somehow I feel that I can trust you.

Best moment
youtube.com/watch?v=cBJKmSfBu0k&feature=youtu.be&t=1m19s

sarcastically I'm in charge

The poster doesn not lie, it's up there with Naked Gun, if not better.
The conclusiont to the Little Richard scene almost made me suffocate from laughter, such a great joke with a long build up that made you appreciate it a lot.

On to a better question. Which film is superior, Black Dynamite, or Pootie Tang?

Yeah, this. Shaun is similar with zombie movies, same with Tucker & Dale or Rise Of Leslie Vernon for slasher flicks. It's a homage to a film genre that really was "so bad it's good" a lot of the time. Thing with that is, you can't really fake it. The sincerity of trying to make the best possible film and creating comical shit instead is part of the charm. Movies that TRY to be "so bad it's good" almost uniformly fail. See also: "Syfy Orginal".

>the bit where he tosses the nunchuck off camera and somebody tosses it back.
Good stuff.

I love the way when he pulls out the chucks the bad guys just stand there and give him like 10 seconds straight to just show off his skillz

The OSS 117 films are excellent if you liked black dynamite, bond spoofs that are less obvious than Austin powers and nail the aesthetics of Connery films

>oss 117

Black Dynamite

BD is still the best, but I really enjoyed pic related.

>OH YOU A CORNFED MULE WITH A LOT OF MUSCLE MASS BUT ITS TIME FOR BULLHORN TO GET UP IN THAT ASS

One of my favourite scenes

i love how he winces with his eyes shut whenever he swings the nun chucks around.

Honestly one of my favorite movies ever. I dont even think i have any legitimate complaints about it either. Rarely are parody movies done this well from beginning to end. Even simple lines like donuts wearing alligator shoes and how he comically spun in the costume had me dying.

There's no I in revoluti- in team

>T-that's Black Dynamite

Cedric's delivery was good.

>walks into a room
>witnesses a man explode, sending guts and blood everywher
>while we're looking at the aftermath, you hear, "are you alright?"

Hilarious.

>The anons turn startled

man, I was literally rolling on the floor laughing at that.

you can see him praying that he doesn't fuck up and hit himself

I love Pootie but Black Dynamite is way, way better.

Yeah you know it's way better, too

>bye Black Dynamite!

it's because of season 2

I hate you!

[shows picture]
youtube.com/watch?v=oG82W_UHYGE

Kung Fu Hustle kind of falls into the parody vibe too. Even if one could say it's also just a comedy film that happens to have a kung fu theme.

another is Balls of Fury. It's comedy film but it's also a decent parody of kung fu films but of course using ping pong. I'm still annoyed that's not out on bluray. It fell victim to being on HDdvd first and it's not popular enough to get a re-release I guess.

but very few films walk the line as well as Black Dynamite.
>bake are own bread.. Yeaaah
>HARRUUGGGGG!!!
>who didn't see that coming, I mean who saw where that came from!

>OSS 117

My nigga, those films are fucking gold holy shit, I wish they were more popular on Sup Forums

I liked that flick a lot too, actually. And I'd been getting real damn sick of Will Farrell when that came out. Fun to see him do something totally different.

You jive turkeys, anybody got the commentary track?

Garth Marengi's Darkplace
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra (and its sequel)

EUPHORIA SHUT THE FUCK UP

I love when Chicago Wind is looking back talking to himself and all the while his car is making sharp turns

>Balls of Fury

>panda's dead