What networth is considered rich in your country?

What networth is considered rich in your country?

In canada an average home is a million dollars, IMO $10million or so is when someone can be considered rich.

I agree

>What networth is considered rich in your country?

I would consider someone who has an average salary above 300k to be fairly rich
I mean that's a salary in the 1% by far
someone who makes that much probably has a 1 mil house

in terms of net worth... well I don't know if net worth it really a good indicator of wealth desu
there are many "house rich" people in coastal areas who have a lot of money on paper but in reality are not rich at all
I live in the east bay area, I recently met an old woman who lived alone in the mountains with a beautiful view of the city - her house was probably worth 2 million. But she had no income and lived like shit. Yet she has a high net worth. Someone with an income of 300k who rents a flat in SF has a lower net worth and is objectively richer than she is.

Anyways, income is a better indicator of "rich" I think, and someone who makes over like 300k is rich

anyone who doesnt live from paycheck to paycheck

1 million euros.

You're a millionaire or you aren't.

$300k after tax? Yeah I'd agree. Before tax that's not amazing.

That's like considering anyone who isn't clinically obese to be fit. (Something I'm such amerimutts do)

>an average home is a million dollars
what? vancouver maybe.

Toronto and Vancouver. If you don't live there youre pretty much a peasant anyway.

toronto is 700k which is pretty insane too. it is like saying you are a peasant if you don't live in LA or NYC.

>it is like saying you are a peasant if you don't live in LA or NYC.

Well, the chances of you being a blue collar wh*Toid redneck increase exponentially If you don't.

Not really since other parts of the US are liveable. Whereas with Canada if youre even 1.5 hrs from Toronto or Vancouver youre in literallywhere land.

montreal is nice

After the exchange rate and adjusting for inflation, about 20 dollars a month.

What about a small 2 bedroom home built decades ago? What do they generally go for?

No.

But if you think about it is pretty insane. The average home price in the US is about 200K. Maybe a bit higher. And that's reasonable. If you make, say, 70K to 100K a year in a flyover state, you can afford a decent house for that price. But who the fuck can afford 700K houses in Toronto? Where do middle class people love?

Canada has very high household debt because of keeping up with Joneses.

>No.
he has a point

virtually all the people in rural areas are complete fucking losers

>anything outside of LA and NYC is a rural area
nigger we have lots of other metro areas literally in every state

Actually a lot of rich people move to rural areas here.

I did landscaping in a rural area for a couple summers and the clients were rich as fuck.

>anything outside of LA and NYC is a rural area
I never said that
there are plenty of fairly urban areas even in the center of the country

see sant louis, kansas city, oklahoma city, texas cities, etc

that only makes sense if you are retired otherwise i dunno.

>Anywhere outside of NYC or LA is rural

No.

Bump.