Is organic food a scam?

Is organic food a scam?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_compound
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food#Legal_definition
finedictionary.com/To talk like a book.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes.

no no no don't think like that, buy my product. Nothing wrong with it. You're getting sick because something else, my food has nothing deadly in it. Nope.

Yes

At least 50% of your calorie intake should come from them.

organic just means the real thing. so when you buy organic, you're just buying exactly what it is: untainted, as nature intended it to be.

literal retards.

No, it's not, and only idiots who only eat shit from the store will claim that.

I have family and they own a farm, they used to be professional farmers but gave it up some decade ago but still produce food mostly beef, poultry, pork, rabbits as well as vegetables such as potatoes, corn, beat and fruits such as apples, plums, cherries, grapes, etc.

There are no hormones used, animals aren't caged, and fruit is literally picked from a tree and looks "imperfect" which is how actual food looks like and not that glossy(literally) shit in your store.

The food tastes better and is better for you. I mean just get yourself some proper eggs and compare them with the shit that you can buy at your local supermarket and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Downside is that it's more expensive unless you have a "source" such as a family member or the like.

>untainted, as nature intended it to be.
lol, because nature loves looking out for a single species. Thank you nature, you've never fucked over humans before. You would never taint our food with pestilence because you're just nice.

I think you're looking for

/ck/

Of course.

Nope. it measn you pay extra because the farmer used a more expensive, lesser known pesticide.

You're an idiot, the only way he can use a "lesser known pesticide" is if it is an organic pesticide. Same with fertillizers.

Cows aren't fed hormones to produce more milk and neither is poultry to grow larger faster. Animals aren't stuck in a box but free ranged. You pay more because less food is produced on the same amount of land with the same effort, you idiot. But as a result you don't get apples that taste like water or hormones in your KFC. In other words they don't maximize the production and instead produce less at a higher quality.

It's also fucking hilarious how Jews are being involved here. The majority of organic farmers are small farmers that produce and distribute the food locally and not major food corporation.

Now enjoy your McDonalds fuckface.

This is Natural.

Organic is a scam. More importantly, the word itself is misused. DDT pesticide is organic. Go eat some.

>is clean food a scam?
>is humanely raised food a scam?

>DDT pesticide
>organic

So is plastic going by that logic you absolute tard.

Plastics are organic as well.
Did you ever open organic chemistry textbook?

no, it is what it is. Homegrow if you can.

glossy because grocery food is covered in edible wax.

Maybe perhaps look up the literal definition and meaning of organic, you absolute retard, before you start using the word in a specific context.

>organic pesticides are safer
>organic isn't just another way of saying "pay to put your product on our list"
>there have been multiple exposés of "free range" farms being complete scams

>mcdonalds is unhealthy
jokes on you I ate a multivitamin today

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_compound

Yes, but only because it's expensive as all fuck so only affluent people can afford to eat healthy unless working people and young people want to spend all their money. They don't call Whole Foods "Whole Paycheck" for no reason. The ruling class wants the rich to have a healthy diet, while they want the poor to remain eating the garbage they put out for 3 cents/$1 so that they will spend even more money on shitty drugs from the store like Tums and all that shit.

and paying three times as much for it

The discourse itself is derived from misuse and therefore should not attempt to scope this word into a different convenient meaning.

That aside I like the idea of having natural food. Only other problem I have with it is that most of it has turned marketing over quality. There are products marketed organic which are superior to normal, but also a lot of products that are just the same, but more expensive because of the label. And then there are products that are inferior, but marketed as superior and there are even people that will trust advertisement and say they are superior as well.

What op was alluding to is the idea that companies use the label to sell their products for a higher price thus making more money on a societal trend. He tried to frame it in a way which made him seem uneducated on the subject but has probably watched some dumb YouTube video and came here to have Sup Forums affirm his thoughts because he can't believe in anything the Sup Forums hivemind doesn't.

what about having your own garden where you grow your own things?

I think this thread is just bait.

>but only because it's expensive as all fuck
If you're buying it from a chain store, sure, but if you care that much about what you're eating why not buy from local farmers that you can talk to and learn exactly how they farm their crop? Way cheaper to buy at local markets.

I work at wegmans (which is basically a mix between whole foods and a Walmart) and I can tell you 100% that organic is a huge scam. Now organic meats and vegitables I can have some sympathy for because it actually is a little bit better for you even though it is almost twice as expensive. But they pushed it way too far. We have organic everything now. Even shit that doesn't make sense. Such as organic cotton balls and organic bacon. It's literally a huge scam to get dumb liberals buy it because it makes them feel good. They've even started doing Jewish tricks where they will discontinue the normal cheap store brand item and only carry the organic so if people want the same product, they have to pay twice as much. Anyone who thinks the amount of chemicals you get from eating most foods from grocery stores is harmful should kill themselves. You literally get more fucking pesticides from rainfall.

Also a question for this thread.

There is a way to sell old beef of utility grade with meat as lean and tough as a shoe for double select grade price.
Guess which label it needs to sell?

It's hard to find arguments for organic that aren't appeal to nature logical fallacies

>You are now aware that the use of pesticides has caused crops to lower their naturally occurring toxins.

>You are now aware that some naturally occurring toxins in produce are worse than synthetic pesticides

>You are now aware that over time, the nutrients oxidize so you need to be buying fruits/veggies locally that are in season if you're buying organic for health reasons.

>You are now aware that frozen produce tends to have more nutrients because of the above fact

I understand organic meat though - esp because of antibiotic use.

Not gonna lie famalamy.
I went to a country fair in Montana a few years ago and tried organic apples for the first time.
They were the most delicious fruit I have ever had in my life. I ate a dozen that morning.

Inorganic "food" will kill you so...

Yes, it's no better than regular foods. There's literally no reason to buy it

"Organic" is "hand made" of food products
As in a scam for upper middle class and hipsters to fall for

Professional here.
Depends what you expect of it?
The production and distribution is heavily set in law by nationstates working with IFOAM all over the world.
But given the high amount of immediatly non-fossil fuel based workpower it requires (as most pesticides, weedkillers and chemical fertilizers are effectively oil products and forbidden to use), it cannot feed a heavily urbanized and overpopulated technological society.

fuck off monsanto gmo shills

organic milk lasts a month. we buy organic milk for this reason. we aren't heavy milk drinkers but every once in a while I want some cereal or milk and cookies.

Y'all are idiots for buying organic. Most growers don't even follow the strict guidelines. Literally paying more for shit.

t. grower

You have downsyndrome

Organic means pic related. Has nothing to do with how they grow your food you fucking morons

What's wrong with pesticides? They're screened by ecotoxicologists who determine whether they will damage ecosystems and us. Would you rather it riddled with parasites/bacteria that is more likely to infect and harm you? Pretty sure the HCl in your stomach would cuck any pesticide and by the off chance it's toxic, your liver should sort it out fine

I hold and raise you:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food#Legal_definition

Nutritional pseudo-science is practicing miasma theory again. Some crops are just better to get from local farms and worth the extra money, but the brand tag line of organic activists are just plain bullshit and they certainly aren't helping megafarms be held accountable for things they're doing to the environment by parsing them completely.

>jJjUu

This.

>It's 20p for an organic apple
>But this new GMO apple is 30p and even better for you, sure it's a little bit smaller, but it's better for you
>Woahhhh, actually these organic apples are better for you, sure they're slightly smaller than the GMO ones and they're 40p, but they're BETTER for you
>Pay twice as much for half of what you were getting twice as much of for half the price in the first place

This is one of the biggest problems with capitalism (doesn't really work as well with food, but you see the problem). You always need new customers and you can't come out with anything that will last forever or your entire system is fucked.

finedictionary.com/To talk like a book.html

stop that.

I wish you murricans would continue to alpha test your round up ready shit in peace instead of trying to force it on the rest of the world.

We can come back to the discussion about GMO vs Organic after a couple of generations filled with glyphosate has come and gone.