Matt's dumb tweet made it to Wikipedia, making it "an official statement on Steven Universe"...

Matt's dumb tweet made it to Wikipedia, making it "an official statement on Steven Universe". So now everyone gets to see his mess of an opinion.

Good job, Matt. You really bring a lot to SU.

Other urls found in this thread:

therainbowgorilla.tumblr.com/post/114652468334/lesbians-who-are-both-aromantic-and-asexual-are
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To be fair he's right even if he's being pissy about expressing his opinion. If someone wants to make a show with only girls as important characters they can do that.

Same shit with stuff that's only dudes right? It's stupid as shit when people whine for a chick to get shoehorned in for whatever reason or for "representation" so fair's fair if a chick wants to make a show with nothing but chicks.

Her show her rules.

you know that you can remove it yourself right?

Who gives a shit? Get a fucking life.

That's actually pretty funny.

Matt who?

So he doesn't realize Superman is literally a Jewish reference of how a master race being (Jew) comes from a destroyed home (Isreal) to a nation of lesser beings (goyim) and must live among them with a dual identity of blending in with them (changing name from Katzenburg to Johnson for example) while being a Jew but pretending to be goyim.

He's not for "straight males to identify with." But yeah, masculine straight males or even strong men role models are completely evil beings that should never be a part of a Cartoon, no woman can be as bad as a leading heroic man!

Can someone actually point me to a strong masculine character in a currently airing cartoon?

The only one I can think of is Archer.

Good. Fucking straight white males need to be made extinct

I think you're missing the point user. Nothing wrong with a strong men role model in a cartoon just like there's nothing wrong with a strong woman role model in a cartoon.

Point is though, that if the creator doesn't want one in their cartoon they don't have to put one there. Just like they don't have to put a strong black role model or a strong homo role model or whatever the fuck else someone is going to bitch about in the thing they make.

And in the case of SU it's pretty retarded to ask for a male gem when one of the points of the series is that Steven who's the main character is literally the only male gem because all the lesbian space rocks are chicks and lesbians except for one of them that banged a human to make him.

>Same shit with stuff that's only dudes right?

you and I both know that tumblr's "it's not for you!" argument only works in works in one direction.

See: Ghostbusters, Star Wars, The Rocketeer, Marvel Comics

>the one male gem is about as good as the rest of them and later on will be better than the rest of them and will probably be the gem messiah

men are better than women, good lesson

That depends, what is your criteria for strong masculine character?

Just strength of physicality? How manly they are? Character depth while being strong and manly? Screen time? Infallibility? Just being written well while being undeniably a dude?

Just off the top of my head a lot of the dudes in Venture Bros are "strong masculine characters" along with Rick from Rick and Morty.

And Gravity Falls ended a few months ago but Stan was sure as fuck strong and masculine as well as well written.

I mean I sure as fuck know that a lot of dude characters tend to be little bitches these days in western animation but that doesn't mean that strong male characters aren't still commonly around.

Oh I'm not denying that, but neckbeards are just as bad as tumblrites except they go in the opposite direction.

Regardless of what either stupid retard side wants to do, the best thing for media and fiction is to keep that freedom going both ways
without having to pay attention to and actually caving to demands of whiny shits.

This be just as true about stupid chicks whining about not enough tits or too many tits in a game they'll never fucking buy or play anyway as it is about stupid dudes whining about
wanting to shoehorn in waifus into something that has no business having any or in this case wanting a race entirely built of carpet munching
aliens to inexplicably have some random dudes.

uncle grandpa

This would apply if we were talking about something important. Sadly, we are talking about cartoons.

His stance is "people should make what they want to make" and you post that? What, because he didn't want to go with the "pick one side and it better be mine or else?" opinion?

Why is it that Sup Forums is beginning to favor more and more "all or nothing" approaches when life doesn't work that way?

>If someone wants to make a show with only girls as important characters they can do that.
Hey SUfags. Either the gems are girls, or they are genderless space rocks. Pick one. You can't have it both ways.

They are feminine looking space rocks.

Easier to assure yourself that your extreme is the best, and that seeing things as nuanced is pussy-footed fence-sitting. When you do that, things become much less uncertain and much less scary.

>made it to Wikipedia
I don't think you understand the purpose/concept of a wiki

I don't think the Crewniverse ever called them genderless.

Underrated post. This user gets it.

>feminine looking
Try again.

Who's the more vocally cringy member of the SU crew?

Matt "Toxic Masculinity" Burnett or Lauren "omg I literally can't even" Zuke?

Matt.

Because I kinda pity Lauren now after the recent incident.

You, user. You are.

Don't pity her. She's an adult. On her way to 30 years old. I'd feel bad for a below 18 year old way in over her head who poked the wrong fanbase and got shit for it. But she should know better, she's a fucking professional.

>be cis white male
>date Amazonian space Goddess who commanded a rebellion to save the entire planet
>demand that she respect you or you'll leave
>she agrees
>decides to kill herself just for the privilege to bear your child
>you cuck a lesbian so fucking hard she did an impromptu song and dance number about having to raise your son
>this isn't super masculine

If I become half as alpha as Greg I'll have overshot my expectations.

>when the op gets broiled

Today's 20 somethings are no more emotionally mature than early teenagers.

Thanks for underlining that

I would have had no idea how to find the quote without your help

You're right in a sense that the suicidal teen deserved more pity than the staff, but at the same time, nobody really deserves shitty fans. Yet somehow, that's the SU fandom for you.

What IS it with this show that attracts fans that betray the actual messages the show has?

Enough actual diversity to convince them they're on "fertile ground" and enough ambiguity for projection they will defend to their dying breaths.

It would definitely be Matt, though I don't think he's used the phrase "toxic masculinity."

I don't know dude. While yeah I think someone should absolutely have the right to tell whatever story it is they want to. Even though you can argue cartoons have certain marketing responsibilities. But forget about that. Just from creative standpoint yea write what interests you. But I can't think these male cartoons that just didn't have any females as team members or villains.

But that's just for the general argument of an all girl show because of "all" male shows. In reality Steven is a male gym. And that's what makes the statement OP is bitching about kind of fucking stupid. It's a show with a boy that can seemingly do no wrong and who is regularly discovering he's more powerful than he thought he was. Even his (in the first few episodes) "loser" father is becoming more mature and responsible than the Gyms half the time. PLUS THIS and then he won the lottery or some shit. This is women having the same role they've often had in cartoons the well meaning but sometimes bumbling support. There just happen to be more of them in this show.

>made it to Wikipedia
Y'know how you make it to Wikipedia?

STATEMENT{{cite|author=user|year=1728|title=user's statement|publisher=user Press Inc}}

>To be fair he's right even if he's being pissy about expressing his opinion. If someone wants to make a show with only girls as important characters they can do that.

MLP did it right , SU did it wrong
MLP = sensible feminism that makes you go "huh, things don't always need to pander to male power trips to be good"
SU = fake over the top feminism that makes you go "wow I really hate these so called feminists and their need to shoehorn their beliefs into everything they do in the most obnoxious way"

There's nothing wrong with educating people about toxic masculinity.

for example: it's not about all masculinity

Doesn't that dude have mommy issues?

How is SU's feminism "over-the-top"

What counts as toxic femininity? If it's possible to be too masculine then by definition the reverse should be possible.

The concept is pretty cringy.
I don't care if there's a valid point to it, it's just a lame and contrived thing to complain about when it's not even really that valid in this day and age.

If there's a Toxic Masculinity, doesn't it also figure there'd be a "Toxic Femininity" where femininity is conflated with self-victimhood, narcissism and hysterical blame?

It's not up anymore

Twilight.
Any modern SJW superhero comic where the character is a sociopath avoiding responsibility but is basically a lolsoquirky Marysue.
Any character who uses femininity as a crutch to their own depth, virtue and character.

MLP doesn't need to pander to tumblr or have forced lesbian romances in order to get it's pro feminism point across

SU does because it's a lazy meme show that panders to the stereotype of feminists rather than embracing what the idea is really all about

This may sound baffling at first but I feel like shows like Rick and Morty suffer from Toxic Femininity. The entire show is about a self-absorbed whiny bitch with a massive victim-complex.

SU is lazy but it's not "Over the top", those two sound mutually exclusive. All it's messages are PG friendly and could fit into a Saturday morning cartoon show. The whole feminism angle, while passive and there is actually quite shallow. It does manage to offset this however without resorting to GRRL Power or any 90's trite like that.

>Forced lesbian romance
What are you talking about? Of course they're lesbians, the whole race is female.

They don't have sex. They don't have genitals or gender. How can they be lesbians?
Because fusion?
That's like saying Steven has had underaged sex before with Connie and Amethyst. Would a children's cartoon show kids having underage sex? Or an orgy of 5 midgets?

I'd say the beginning of Steven Universe wasn't over the top, but once they realized how big their fanbase was they started doing incredibly stupid shit like shoving in that "Women are people too" line to show Greg is SUCH a good person. Not to mention that supposed rape analogy episode with Kevin and Stevonnie.

Steven ruins the show honestly. Everything revolves around him and he dictates whoever's a good or unforgivable bad guy no matter their actions. It annoyed me when Amethyst finally addresses her insecurity about being born the wrong way, and Steven all the sudden makes it about him and how he's the ~worst~ gem who can never follow Rose's footsteps.

Either way, there are no forced lesbian relationships.

>Garnet
>Sardonyx
>Malachite

Actually, they're lesbians because they show romantic love for each other.

Well I suppose Malachite is a literal forced lesbian relationship, so you got us there.

>Everything revolves around him and he dictates whoever's a good or unforgivable bad guy no matter their actions.

The world is shown through Steven's eyes. He grows and his views change.

> It annoyed me when Amethyst finally addresses her insecurity about being born the wrong way, and Steven all the sudden makes it about him
It took a lot for Steven to open up to Amethyst about that too. He revealed something he hadn't talked to the gems about because he cares for Amethyst that much. Amethyst felt like there was no one who understood, but Steven did, and knew the goal she was aiming for wasn't possible because he was living that kind of life as well.

I do dislike the dumb stuff as well like that thing with Greg and Marty and Beach City Drift. Or the Female Watermelon Steven going to fight. Why was there a Female Watermelon Steven in the first place

Romantic love is a human concept. Stop applying your human morality and concepts to gems.
Gem Romance is really fucked up, you can have a forced fusion among abusive partners or 5 idiots fuse without any intimacy.

I don't really care about Steven, but he's not that bad. He's gradually getting stronger throughout the series and is never so useless outside the early parts that he's that 'annoying younger brother' character.

>Not to mention that supposed rape analogy episode with Kevin and Stevonnie.

I thought the whole Lapis-Jasper forced abusive relationshit garbage was the worst forced analogy as of late.

Don't overthink it man. The show's attempts at getting shit past the radar are metaphor in the purest sense. Appying one iota of rationality causes them to fall apart.

Lesbian/Same sex romance can be a thing without sex you know. You can just consider them asexual lesbians in a very obvious sense.

Is the talk page there lulzworthy? I don't feel like taking the effort to deal with the shit.

Under normal conditions wikipedia shouldn't be taking random bants from twitter, as that's like three steps below celebrity gossip.

>lulzworthy

See, it's times like this that I'm glad I never got into SU

Jesus Christ, Greg had way too much game.

Huh. You know, how many other universes besides SU and Transformers have single-gendered (sexless) aliens?

Newsflash Matt, straight males are the main demo for CN shows

Most TF universes, including IDW, aren't monogender.

What about Namekians from DBZ?
Although I don't recall any instance where any of them ever felt love.

>Transformers
>sexless

wut.

I don't care for the idea of male gems BUT

1. Saying that people asking for male gems are inherently asking for something "super masculine" and only straight males could identify with goes far beyond being "pissy" and straight into "histrionic misrepresenting douchebag" territory
2. He is exactly the kind of guy where if someone did create an all-male race of superbeings for a show he'd bitch and moan about it

therainbowgorilla.tumblr.com/post/114652468334/lesbians-who-are-both-aromantic-and-asexual-are

Are you really a lesbian if you cannot form sexual nor romantic attachments to other woman? Like say only friendships and platonic relationships exclusively with that sex?

meant IDW

Arcee was controversially trans before they retconned fembots in.

I guess the more specific thing isn't gender but them and Gems being sexless, being able to combine and being born by their planet or artificially constructed (cold)

In IDW they don't have genitals, I believe. Different bodies and personalty traits but all the same on the inside. The don't sexually reproduce and the closest thing they have to sex is circulating fluids from their spark chambers through some kinda dialysis or something equally weird.

The sex isn't reproductive though. Closest to "being one" is either through that Conjunx Endura/Emica Condura ritual or gestalt.

Yeah but most of that IDW shit is written by the worst sort of tumblrtard.

Protip: the "circulating fluids" this person said is complete made up bullshit.

It's really just that females can't carry shows because they lack charisma and humor. They strot through life on easy mode and they still suck at fucking everything.

Not really.

>On only two occasions in Generation 1 do we get a hint of male and female Transformer romance leading to the formation of family units and the creation of offspring. The first is subtle: Wheelie's backstory in some versions mentions his crashing on Quintessa with his parents. The second is more explicit: At the end of the Japanese Victory manga, we find out that Deathsaurus and his forces have been fighting all this time for the sake of their/the families living on top of the Planet-Destroying Fortress, among which are Dinoforce's children. Awww.

>Apart from this, the best case for sexual reproduction in the species could probably be made from Beast Wars, where Rattrap makes numerous off-color remarks throughout the series, especially directed at Silverbolt and Blackarachnia. These comments strongly hint at something sex-like among Transformers, though it could, of course, be merely recreational rather than reproductive.

>The 2007 motion picture once again brings up questions about the possibility of a less-than-mechanical form of reproduction. The first and most obvious of these implications comes from Ratchet's less-than-tactful observation of "the boy want[ing] to mate with the female." Although his grasp of the concept could stem merely from a familiarity with organic species in general, Optimus Prime's mention of Megatron killing their father, in some related material, does suggest Transformers have some understanding of family units. In the fourth issue of Revenge of the Fallen, Rampage refers to Sam's parents as his "protoform batch initiators." Make that of what you will.

lesbian just means not interested in men nowadays