youtube.com/watch?v=Y7RogVQDXs4
youtube.com/watch?v=y64hj0Xlcr8
youtu.be/A3W_4BLP9ok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't joke about these things, user.

I'm not joking.
I think about this frequently.
It worries me.
I cried when Nimoy died even when he wasn't a huge part of my life. I can't even imagine what will happen when one of these guys kicks it.

All that dye on Cullen's head will do him in first.

well, they're men, so they aren't as likely to live past 80, but they've made good money so they can probably get better health care.
So they can probably pull off 85.
Which means another decade or two.
Cullen is the older, so he' destined to die first, but optimus always is.

>but optimus always is

fucking a user

*an

I think you miss read that user

I guess I should have done it like this then

FuckingA user

I still can't believe Frank Welker's career was jump started by Elvis. I mean, he's great and he'd get there anyway, but when The King speaks a good word about you making amazing voices, things tend to speed up.

More on topic - Prime always dies first, so...

Megatron had some good alternative VAs like Corey Burton and Fred Tatasciore, but who can replace Peter Cullen as Optimus?

no one i can imagine at all

which means we need to start looking at hot rod casting

Nobody even bothers trying to imitate Cullen's voice, probably because they can't. There's really nobody that comes to mind.

Cullen based Prime's voice and character on his older brother who was a marine.

His brother died a few years back. For as long as a third of a season of TF Prime we practically didn't hear Optimus talk because Peter could not record any lines.

You cannot imitate a voice which is a loving tribute to a beloved brother.

Feels

The guy who did Optimus in Combiner Wars did a decent enough job. Not perfect, but not bad.

But honestly, I don't want an imitation in the event that Cullen retires or passes. Much like Burton and Tatasciore don't imitate Welker directly, I'd be fine with someone else taking Prime in a new direction

>Peter will be the first to die
>Frank will not attend his funeral
>10 years will pass
>Frank (an even older man) finally has to visit Peter's grave, alone
>"when are you coming back, Prime?"

yfw one morning you come onto Sup Forums and this is playing

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7RogVQDXs4

>The guy who did Optimus in Combiner Wars did a decent enough job.

I haven't watched that series yet. Is it any good?

I think this guy, Darin De Paul, sounds like a younger Peter Cullen. He's not exactly young himself though.

youtube.com/watch?v=y64hj0Xlcr8

shit animation, voice acting, and lip syncing. Its inconsistent to the lore. You're not missing anything of value

Darn. Thanks though, user!

>The guy who did Optimus in Combiner Wars did a decent enough job. Not perfect, but not bad.
It's a fine Cullen imitation, but it's very much an imitation rather than genuine voice acting.
Ahahahaha. God no, it's awful.

There are only 2 five minute episodes out now (out of 8 or so in total, released weekly). There are a few prelude videos out (this is where you can actually hear Optimus) that basically use motion comic levels of animation (the real thing is regular CGI).

Is it good? Honestly, I'd say no. But more to the point, I'd say wait for the whole thing to come out. So far, they haven't done a great job of making each episode feel very compete on their own. The first episode, for example, is basically just one big fight with 10 lines.

I've got my own gripes with the voice acting, writing, frame rate and direction, but I'd rather you saw it for yourself and not biased by me.

tldr - it's not great so far and just wait for the whole thing if you want to watch it at all

I think he could be pretty good with better voice direction. Given how they cast Menasor's voice, and the Mistress' "sound the alarm", I'm willing to lay a lot of blame on voice directing.

That guy sounds bretty gud. He sounds vaguely recognizable to Cullen's without being some cheap imitation. His Optimus would be neato

Honestly im more worried about Welker passing away, he VAs in 90% of all animated american media.

Hmmmmm, eenie, meenie, miney, moe....

NO YOU DON'T, STAN

DAMMIT HOT ROD NOT AGAIN

Look son, this is what I do. The last one was barely half a meal. It's time to feed again.

Please don't even say things like that

No, I want you to fuck me user.

Let's make a deal. I'll let you choose the souls I consume.

But they have to be well loved or admired. So no suggesting that I consume a politician or anything like that. It needs to be a soul that is full of promise.

Do this and I'll consider sparing these two.

Be my herald.

Kevin Smith.

hopefully you bitch
i'm waiting till they come to my hometown so i can get my g1 optimus/meg signed and also my transformers dvd (g1 movie) signed.

fuck you for even bringing this up

Nice try but no thanks.

I was thinking something along the lines of Adam west, Mark Hamill or David Hasselhoff or maybe a writer like Stephen King.

I'd settle for Bruce Boxleitner... but only if he's working on season 2 of Tron Uprising.

Unicron will give Welker a new body, and new voice acting roles to command.

Stan Lee has a personal bodyguard whose primary responsibility is to catch him when he old man falls.
I learned about this from a podcast, where the guest was recounting a story of the last time he had spoken to Lee, and, as they were saying goodbye, Stan Lee turned sideways on a narrow tile stairway, lost his balance, and started to fall. His bodyguard, who had incredible reflexes, lunged and grabbed Stan Lee in a perfect way to cradle his head and prop him up, no harm or foul.
Apparently it was the fifth time that day

I've always liked Garry Chalk. He doesn't actually sound like Cullen, but I think he's a good alternate Optimus. If they want a Cullen soundalike, they'll have to get looking...

>Cullen crying
Damn...that's an epically miserable sound to imagine.

It really is.

I can't really picture it. I've met the guy but I can't imagine him being strong and optimistic.

It really hurts to think of him sad.

I'm with you, user.

>but I can't imagine him being strong and optimistic.

Meant to say "I can't imagine him NOT being strong and optimistic"

No worries, we got what you meant, user.

When this happens I'm predicting half the comments to be "one shall stand, one shall fall."

>Not "Till all are one"

>I cried when Nimoy died even when he wasn't a huge part of my life.

At least he didn't die on your birthday.

>>Cullen cryingDamn...that's an epically miserable sound to imagine.

1:55. WHen Cullen starts talking about his brother, you can hear his voice crack and see him fighting back tears to finish his speech

youtu.be/A3W_4BLP9ok

That would be messed up but hilarious all at the same time.

I remember reading one of his kids could do the voice well.

Studios should breed genetically engineered children designed to perfectly recreate character voices.

I would have waited an eternity for this.

Find the 2 and tomorrow you will get kissed 55555555555555555555555555555555552555555555555555555555555555555555555 count down 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1... Now close your eyes snd make a wish! Paste this into 15 coments and your wish will come true! Hurry you have 29 mins or opposite of your wish will happen

He will always be, user. He'll just reside in the Matrix.

GET OUT OF THE WAY HOT ROD

user, why.

why don't we just put him and morgan freeman on life support for a few months while they just recite words out of a dictionary so we can splice them together for decades to come?

it's the perfect plan

Because that's not acting.

> Frank Welker dies...

> Meets Orson Welles.

"I have summoned you here for a purpose."

But Orson Welles hated Transformers.

But there's like a billion different ways to say a word.

And it was an unbelievably good performance

It actually wasn't at first.

Welles was in such poor health that they had to modify his recordings into what we hear in the actual movie. The commentary describes it as "nearly unusable".

I can't remember if we actually got confirmation about this, but I remember hearing a bunch of rumors around that most of the later recorded lines for Unicron were actually overdubbed by Nimoy when the Orson Welles recordings were totally unusable.

I don't want to talk about this. That said I should mention I managed to meet Frank Welker at TFCon earlier this year.

Garry is my favourite Optimus ever, I think he has a more commanding yet relatable sound to his voice than Cullen.

TRUCK NOT MONKEY

Roger C Carmel was more natural as Unicron.

Anyone else in Toronto, the Royal is playing the TF movie at 8pm

Neat.

Considering almost every downturn in health of the elderly I've known has begun with them falling badly, that's a very clever idea.

What does Sup Forums think of Transformers Prime? I'm almost done the first season and like it a lot. I love Jeffrey Combs as Ratchet.

It has one of the best Starscreams in the entire franchise.

>Scientists haven't built life-sized optimus and megatron robots for Welker and Cullen's minds to be uploaded into when the time comes.
Why even live.

Didn't watch it. Hated the designs, hated the abundance of humans.

The humans in Prime are pretty based, just so you know. But fair enough.