I'm looking forward to Star Trek: Discovery

Looks like fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Spock having an adopted sibling from a human race which has committed more crimes per capita than any other human race and from a gender which is fundamentally irrational does seem kinda fun.

She was one of the best actresses on TWD but was given one of the shittiest characters.

im completely ignoring this shitty site once this airs. you guys are largely unbearable morons, and that's coming from me

why wait?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I still can't wrap my head around sperglords who want it to be basically TNG re-runs. Evolve the franchise, make it more diverse and more polished.

At least I can share my Trekkie status openly as more people join the nerddom hehe

its gonna be full of niggers and shit because "muh diversity" and those mongoloids wont be able to act for shit

Yeah, anything with Black women is better. That's what happens when you're the prettiest women.

i hate fun. will not watch.

Spock, did I ever tell you about our adopted sister Michael? She was a good friend.

This. I'm psyched, I just hate the new look of the Klingons. Hate them.

It would be nice to see another sexy Amazonian like Andorian female character, not just a stock plug but a character they would actually develop as a plausible person.

If it's ok, at least, ENT-tier I will subscribe to the service because Trek needs our support lest every future show becomes reality TV, GoT or OITNB.

>This. I'm psyched, I just hate the new look of the Klingons. Hate them.
People keep saying this without really explaining why. At the end of the day, they're a warrior species. The more alien and monstrous they can look, the better. I think they could actually look bigger and more threatening but this is a step in the right direction. They look like orcs spliced with dark elves.

no they should look like huns

it's not supposed to look like a shitty fantasy novel

It's so so horrible.
Why aren't they allowed to have hair? Did every single Klingon on Qonos agree to shave their head?

They looked like Huns when exactly? In TOS, they looked like Mongol midgets and since then they've been everything from more of a samurai look to Vikings and raiders. They're warriors and they're aliens. Beyond that and they're going to look different with each incarnation. This is a reboot whether people like it or not or no matter who says this is supposed to be in the prime timeline. It's a reboot and the previous shows aren't going anywhere.

You could ask the same about Romulans and Vulcans. Are they not allowed to have any other haircut?

Doesn't look like it will be censored enough to be considered artistic.

they look like summoned dremora churls

>make it more diverse

Fuck off, you SJW nazi.

I unironically quite liked the way they appeared in Into Darkness. They actually seemed like a fucking terrifying threat, a 7 foot tall monster who could easily pick you up with one hand.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the TNG era Klingons with their healthy dollup of cheesyness mixed in. Gowron and Martok in particular are two of my favourite characters in all of Trek, but you can't deny that the Into Darkness Klingons totally seemed like they could be a barbarian hoarde that would pillage your planet, no problem.

They look shit in Discovery, but I'm willing to set my gripes aside if it turns out to be an entertaining show.

the facial hair dude

But they are not barbarians they have a sophisticated culture and have been exploring space since the 1400s.

I want warrior poets, not dumb fantasy-tier orcs for tween boys.

Adolescence is wanting to watch ST:D; adulthood is wanting to watch The Orville.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0

Except they are barbarians. That's the fucking joke with all the Klingon poetry and opera. The warrior race with an intergalactic empire that is always spoiling for a fight, are also poets. See also: Worf enjoys drinking prune juice.

I'd just prefer a little bit more danger from them. Sure keep all the operas and poetry and all that good stuff, but remind us why they strike terror into the hearts of other races.

I can appreciate both Classic Trek Klingons and JJ Trek Klingons. For me at least, of all the problems those new films have, and there are many, Klingons aren't really one of them.

>But they are not barbarians they have a sophisticated culture and have been exploring space since the 1400s.
Roddenberry was actually against this depiction. He wanted them to be more like animals and less like the stoic Shakespeare-quoting warriors we saw in The Undiscovered Country. That's why you'll notice they became more barbaric and head-butting in TNG onwards.

At least this new series seems to be bringing back some of the sophistication with the faux Egyptian/Hittite armor.

>A Seth McFarlane show
>Adulthood

Everything I've ever seen from him has been aimed at 13 year olds who want to watch something with adult jokes in it.

Also he couldn't even include enough actual humor in that Western "comedy" he made recently, so good luck with an entire live action series.

The Orville is going to be utter dogshit, but be floated by autistic Star Trek fans who lie to themselves that it's good just to spite Discovery, isn't it?

I don't think Discovery looks good so far, but I'm not going to sink so low as to watching a Seth Macfarlane show, no matter how much autistic Trek fans are pushing it as a more palatable alternative.

is that a real spoiler?

it's gonna be great. galaxy quest but for an entire show.

>The Orville is going to be utter dogshit, but be floated by autistic Star Trek fans who lie to themselves that it's good just to spite Discovery, isn't it?

Yes. You beat me to it user.

>The Orville is going to be utter dogshit, but be floated by autistic Star Trek fans who lie to themselves that it's good just to spite Discovery
That will last it maybe a couple episodes but to get renewed it's gonna need the Family Guy audience. Basically people who will watch anything that has shit jokes spliced with references they recognize.

>started watching enterprise for the very first time
>know little about it
>episode 1

who the fuck thought that theme song was a good idea?!

Reddit is that way, safe space faggot

have you seen any other spaceship or space station shows?

You know who'd be sad if you killed yourself?
nobody

Sure, but even compared to those it stands out as the complete worst.

>committing welfare fraud was ....logical

Spock, did I ever tell you about your lunatic half-brother from a Vulcan princess?
He was a good friend.

They look like something made by Giger which in my opinion doesn't fit well in the established aesthetic of Star Trek. I am all for redesigning aliens to look more like aliens, I would love to see Cardassians have tails and look more like lizards, but these look like a whole new species rather than Klingons. Like fuck at least keep the baldric or something.

You can't completely redesign a species that has been around since TOS from the ground up and then just expect us to accept it.

yes

It looks the opposite of fun.

cancelled mid season

>acting like star trek didn't start all this

>You can't completely redesign a species that has been around since TOS from the ground up and then just expect us to accept it.

But they did it before and people accepted it.

It was accepted the first time because people understood the limitations of budget, makeup and prosthetics at the time. This time it's unnecessary because the Klingons have an established look now for 40 years

>warriors
>spiked armor
>that new design

Shit, i bet even the Bird of Prey is going to look like ass.

it was actually brave back then

Although it looks like shit, it would probably do ok on a network channel, but how the fuck can they believe anyone will pay premium to see this ?

Ah the cry of the "everything is perfectly fine now, why are people still complaining about inequality?" brigade.

It's irrelevant as to whether or not it is brave, its showing Roddenberry's future utopia for what it is, both diverse and accepting. The fact that people still sperg out about "too many minorities, OH and the lead is a woman!" is exactly why they did this. Because in Roddenberry's future Utopia, an opinion like that would be considered both as strange and as backwards as the idea of the sun revolving around the earth.

If you don't like that or think it's bullshit, then Star Trek might not be for you.

Wait, so Spock has a black human half-sister? His dad just went and found a new human woman to marry right after his first wife died?

Because nerds will totally pay for it!

In reality, its an experiment they are doing that's being backed up by everywhere outside of the US getting it on Netflix. They can see if people will pay or not, but still recoup their losses overseas.

*adopted sister

Though I'd heard that he was merely her mentor. I might be wrong though.

I didn't even think CBS knew how to shill on the internet. How old are you OP. Majority of CBS's demographic is napping in front of the tv right now.

They're just setting up a huge twist, Michael is Cybok

For all the convoluted plots to destroy worlds and nations in Trek, how come no one ever has slapped a few impulse drives on a big fucking rock and accelerated it into a planet? Wipe out your enemies, Dinosaur style.

Because long-range sensors will see it coming, and they'll shoot it down before it does any damage?

Get out, casual.

>shoot it down
Shoot it down with what? 90% of the time there's a life-threatening event near Earth, the Enterprise is the only ship within lightyears, which is pretty bad considering how much time the Enterprise also spends thousands of lightyears away

They have more ships, they were only pretending otherwise because of Kirk's ego.

what he says. And on other planets it often goes: "Enterprise please lend aid for we have no defences on our planet"

Nice skyrim armor, fuck this looks shit