Monty Python Thread

What was their best movie and why was it The Holy Grail?

youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng
youtube.com/watch?v=zYV-qYeWPkk
youtube.com/watch?v=JgU1DDltHCk
youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9myHhpS9s
youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Pythons themselves seem to think it's Brian. I prefer Grail.

Also, has anyone made it out to John Cleese' recent tours? He's stopping here in November and I'm thinking of going.

He's that old and making a tour? Would definitely attend if I were you.

Well we can all can agree that Meaning of Life was the worst

It has to be the Grail. The peasants scene alone is their peak in ridiculing both the right wing and the left wing aspects of socioeconomics.
>youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng

I like it more than Brian. It's fucking hilarious. Brian always felt too forced to me.

It's definitely Life of Brian

It's the worst one, but still not too bad

Did anyone see the recent reunion live shows they did? It's still funny and fresh after all these years

Any online links? Also post favorite sketches

youtube.com/watch?v=zYV-qYeWPkk

Worst out of the three greatest movies of all time, that is

I actually really liked Meaning of Life because it seemed like they decided to just throw everything at it and say everything they'd been wanting to say before they quit, its mostly quality stuff.

I like brian better

youtube.com/watch?v=JgU1DDltHCk

some guy has uploaded a full version of one of the shows onto youtube, surprised it has never been taken down

Thank you user!

I actually bought the DVD of their reunion show, it was ok.
youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9myHhpS9s
>that coventry city bit

i made my ex watch holy grail. she laughed. we broke up. she got married.

thats what i get for sharing anything i enjoy with a girl instead of just sharing money and jewels/clothes/perfume/cars/houses/holidays/fancy restaurants/concerts/watches,

I like their parody depiction of the middle ages as just people crawling around in mud, it seems close to what people today think actually went on during those times, makes me think of this critique youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco

Honestly they are not that wrong but it's mostly still played for laughs and cannot be taken seriously.

>Honestly they are not that wrong
"lmao just walk around covered in mud"? sure people did that

This. My ex wanted to watch my favorite movies with me even though she knew she wouldnt enjoy them and just wanted more insight into my persona, thankfully we broke up before she had the chance to and all she ruined for me were a few shitty plays.

What?

Peasants probably did in reality, but then again this is a movie where a fucking rabbit is a genocidal machine. Who cares if its historically accurate or exaggerated when its a funny as hell movie?

not talking about the movie. I don't believe people just walked around covered in mud, why would they? as if they hadn't developed the technology that makes them want to clean themselves or some shit, all sorts of animals clean themselves

it wasn't until the blacks came about that the whites started cleaning themselves, so of course they walked around covered in filth. jesus, read a book.

>all sorts of animals clean themselves

Your entire post is retarded but this just highlights it.

I am torn between Brian and Grail
I think BrIan
I went to Cleese and Idle last year
It was good
You have to be a fan it's more of them reminiscing and telling stories than new shtick
That being said I wasn't disappointed
I say go

you're just acting wilfully stupid instead of taking part in the discussion, that's pretty retarded

I went to their second reunion show in London, it was a self-proclaimed cash grab and seemed like the Pythons themselves didn’t have much to do with the creative process but was definitely enjoyable nonetheless.

Ya when I went last year to the Cleese/Idle one, they had no qualms about saying "we are only doing this for the money"

>Ohhh A pestilence on this land, nothing is sacred

His inflection always cracks me up

Modern perception of medieval life largely comes from XVIII and XIX century historians who assumed that because their own poor lived and died in gutters like animals, Middle Ages had to have been worse.

Mind you, urban sprawl + no water pipes and sanitation + medical theories that bathing makes you susceptible to disease = nose horror, but that wasn't a purely medieval issue and actually got much worse once we moved into Renaissance and Enlightenment. The perfume industry arose from the catastrophic filth and stench of nobles and rich middle class townsfolk, not the muckraking peasants.

b8

both grail and brian are great movies, but i have a special place in my heart for the meaning of life.

seems like a joke to me

Brian is a better made movie, and the script is smarter but Grail is just funnier.

>strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government

christ I've seen this movie a dozen times and that still makes me laugh

Life of Brian is the smartest and most well written, but Holy Grail is more quotable and thus more memorable.

Their best MOVIE is Life of Brian.

Their best series of loosely connected sketches is Holy Grail.

>Why are you in England?
>Mind your own buisness!

Always gets me.

The coconut bit will always be my favourite. The timing is perfect.

Saw his show with Eric Idle last year.

Best character coming through

Nice try, but Brave Brave Brave Sir Robin is obviously the best character, since he's not in the least bit afraid of getting his balls smashed.

Childhood is idolising Lancelot
Adulthood is realising Robin makes more sense