Cultural Doomsday (The Twilight Hour Edition)

Hello, ladies and gentlemen to the official thread for the July 28th Cultural Doomsday.

Join with me as we discuss everything related to the coming disaster movie that will eventually kill Sony Pictures for good.

Please take a seat and try not to panic in the middle of twilight hour, enjoy!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=di1XUB0YIzw
youtube.com/watch?v=k6qFJ09KY-A
rottentomatoes.com/m/the_emoji_movie/
youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPDfmcCrY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are you going to do when this movie does exceedingly well and saves Sony?

>kill Sony Pictures for good
>Cultural Doomsday

Pick one and only one. Sony Pictures is a cancer that needs to be excised

i lo ve the poo moji xd

Can't wait to see Sup Forums once again btfo when this hits a billion

Very unlikely. While we're at this conversation here's this little cover: youtube.com/watch?v=di1XUB0YIzw

Maybe you'll call an exorcist.

Reminder we could have stopped this if we weren't all good goys for PlayStation. We all know this is gonna be a megahit and save Sony for good. Never underestimate middle America, spics, and japs who will flock to this in droves.

excise2
JkˈsʌJz,ɛkˈsʌJz

verb
verb: excise; 3rd person present: excises; past tense: excised; past participle: excised; gerund or present participle: excising

cut out surgically.

OOOOOOH, Death by a million cuts for surgery, brilliant!

I hope and pray that the eventual singularity that erases time and space can be traced back to the birth of the person who came up with the concept of this film. It would be the ultimate poetry.

Amen.

I'd fuck Meh's mom and the Wildstyle ripoff emoji.

Let's hope if either Disney or WB sue Sony for stealing their ideas.

Even mr. Satan hates Sony, they're doomed

"Seriously? Who wrote this junk?"

>knowq dozens who are going to watch this '''''''ironicly''''''
godmotherfuckingdamnit its going to be another pixels

Imagine being such a manchild that you get so buttblasted over an animated film aimed at children. Can't get laid, have no job, whining on the internet is all you do.

Every people's reaction "MY GOD, THIS IS PIXELS ALL OVER AGAIN!"

I'd laugh but I saw Batman V Superman in theaters twice, both times ironically.

oh no

Oh no is right.

this movie is going to do amazingly well internationally, it also cost nothing to make.

Sometimes there are movies that just have to do poorly or the universe will be forever doomed. Wild Wild West was one of these. I pray that the Emoji Movie becomes one of these.

send me back

WWW is a cult classic

No, it is not. Just wait til either Dunkirk or Atomic Blonde to eat them to pieces.

I actually like the movie, but I am very thankful it bombed because it bombing prevented steampunk from ever becoming a mainstream thing, and thus saved cinema, as well as probably TV and video games.
note how decades later, Wild Wild West is still the only high profile steampunk film.

Despicable Me 3 is still in theaters and pretty much any parent ever would rather see that.

Reminder if this movie is a success it will change western culture as we know it possibly.

Do not watch this film. Do not speak of this film. Lest you are tainted by the influence of he who shall not be named.

It's only looking at a 20-mil range opening weekend. That will make it the lowest opening weekend of any animated movie in 2017. Captain Underpants cost 12-million less than Emoji and only opened to 25 million, and it's considered a modest success at best. Emoji Movie is seriously not going to do well.

who?

>Captain Underpants
Great visuals wasted on shitty story.

Did the full video ever get uploaded?

(((who?)))

Gooood.... Let the hate flow on that movie so we could make Sony Pictures a lesson.

why do you guys always do this? you assume everyone in THE ENTirE americas is the same as you, then you get mad that someone paid money to be entertained by what you deem to be pleb. nothing you say on this retarded board ever makes a difference, if anything you might provoke some retard to watch it "IRONICALLY". wish there was a marketing board or something, oh wait

Sup Forums btfo'd? No, when it hits a billion, and it will hit a billion at least, it will be the btfo of all of civilization.

>50mil budget
>summer animated movie for kids

You'll want to kys when you find out how much money it will make.

youtube.com/watch?v=k6qFJ09KY-A

>people go to watch it """""ironically"""""
>they make the film over 1 billion
>emoji sequel announced for 2018

Fuck Trump

The Japanese parent company will only take so much of these Jews costing them billions and sinking their movie division.

So I look forward to angry samurai coming in and throwing people out.

Please don't let this sequel happen, I'm begging ya!

ironic that you'd post this since the Emoji Movie will start with a short directed by Genndy Tartakovsky

>he doesn't know the jap part of Sony's business is just as shit
I'm shocked the whole company hasn't gone down the shitter yet.

You mean "Puppy" by Genndy Tartakovsky?

Any thoughts on the cliche storm behind this disaster?

This is gonna make Minions tier numbers, and it's gonna be sad

What the fuck is this?

in terms of cultural significance, what's the difference between this and the lego movie or other kids movies?
kids like emojis so a big company is going to make a tolerable kids movie with emojis in it just like they did with the lego movie and other movies before it
the difference is you weren't introduced to emojis as a kid so you've some bitter autistic rage about it

Kids dont use emojis imaginatively. Thug niggas from the streets do, but not children.

>tfw this movie will do well due to ironic memers
this was their plan wasn't it

Look here bud:

Some user found a roll of film in a thrift store that had an aborted fetus getting a tattoo

bumping for interest

I got to see it early, I work at a movie theater.

Its just as bad as you expect, but its not bad enough to be silly. Just a boring mess and literally every plot point is forced into your face.

Everybody just walked out of the theater and went home without even talking about it, it was rather depressing.

Wait what?!
Any more info on this?

Is it that very, very bad? Like DBevolution bad?
(Note: DBevolution is the nickname for Dragonball Evolution)

Oh dear. Well, that's fitting for a thread about a coming cultural apocalypse.

when are you going to link the thread already

Trips of satan speak truth.

Anything that harms Sony pictures helps consumers.

Butt kids look at thug nigga posts on twitter, so it counts

I'm an expat in China, everybody here wants to see it. This movie was never meant for us.

Why the fuck isn't Sup Forums gonna have a stream of this?

He said he would post more 16 hours from the last thread about it which was like 12 hours ago.
He used the trip Fetusbro

Because Sony doesn't allow pirates to stream the emoji movie.

Hey guys, the review embargo has been lifted... and it is U-G-L-Y!

>It is one of the darkest, most dismaying films I have ever seen.
misunderstood kino confirmed

>it is seemingly afraid to commit to being a coming-out parable
Every fucking kids movie is secretly about fags and dykes.

>As Leondis is gay, he connected to Gene's plight of "being different in a world that expects you to be one thing" and in eventually realizing that the feeling held true for most people, Leondis has said the film "was very personal".

from wikipedia

I wasn't expressing skepticism. I was decrying the situation. It's seriously fucked up and the left is celebrating it.

What really makes me want to join a right-wing death squad is when people pretend to deny it or show skepticism. "You're reading too much into it! There were no left-wing messages in The Force Awakens!"

It's from a indie movie called Forbidden Pictures or something like that. Sup Forums and /x/ got rused.

>Forbidden Pictures
An indie movie?

>Sup Forums and /x/ got rused
Any links to back up your claim?

Scroll down.

>Charles Gatewood
Nice.

>Sony makes a new faith based animation film to pander to christians.
>They make Jesus a sand nigger.

They can't do anything right

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_emoji_movie/

SAD VIOLIN HYPER DISTORTED

>DOONNAALLL TTRRUUMMPPP AARRGGGHHHH,,,
hollywood is a goddamn joke now

>fight Trump

By giving attention to it, you're just working to promote it.

If you say to someone on the street "Careful, don't step on that shit over there", you are not promoting people stepping on crap.

>emoji movie
>progressive values

Are you autistic? It's clearly a joke

That's what your parents said.

Let's bring the drums of war and destroy that greedy machine once and for all: youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPDfmcCrY