Why isn't anyone here discussing the recent trailer for Del Taco's new waterkino?

Why isn't anyone here discussing the recent trailer for Del Taco's new waterkino?

youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realgdt/status/827065272028766208?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it came out last week and now it's the next week and we know as much as we did then as we do now.

Oh you weren't here? Fucking tragic.

Del Taco's directing style 101:

>have something cool/ high-concept
>make it mind-numbingly boring

Interesting until
>Ha ha I, Bad Guy, have now imposed a TIME LIMIT on the plot! Now Good Guys have stakes!

I hope the Fishman eats her after it's free. Or coldly discards her. Otherwise this is as generic and by the numbers as you can get even with a mute that wants to fuck a fish.

Don't forget
>commit to a project then drop it at the last minute

Good idea man but fuck his commitment level

Is it another metaphor for evil whitey?

Basically this. There were already like 10 threads about it.

Mostly of them devolved into some variant of "why are damn SJW's forcing fish people diversity in my 1930's kino!?" within a couple dozen posts. You didn't miss much.

inb4 /poltv/ shitposting about how the girl falling in love with this fish dude is white genocide propaganda or something

So this is the Abe Sapien origin story in the film version of Hellboy

Hellboy 3 when?

LAAAAAAAAME

hot fuck this looks bad

del taco has completely lost any talent he had

Considering that literally everything Del Toro has ever done is, then yes.

I think this guy is actually Spike Lee level neurotic about how much he hates white people, I'm amazed no one noticed it before he flat out said it.

Fatass himself said never, they're already rebooting it as a more dark and grim movie series.

Yeah well I wasn't there then so discuss it now bitch

God it looks bad. Hope Kojima and Del Taco don't make it to 2020.

but like seriously i don't understand
is the twist supposed to be that it's actually connected to hellboy?
or does he just have dementia and forgot abe sapien was a thing

Is this an edit?

>clockwork Nazi
>a del toro creation

>rebooting it as a more dark and grim movie series

could be a vast improvement on what he was doing with it tbqh
the later hellboy comics get very fucking serious in the best way

I'd see why a little girl who tried to cure her mother with mandrake root and milk would think that.

>Hellboy 3

soon but not del taco involved

They will probably have a post-credits scene where the BPRD finds Abe after the events of the movie

I just hope they keep the humor
>Hellboy leaps out of a plane with a jetpack on
>it fucking explodes and only his innate durability keeps him from fucking dying as he plummets through like 3 layers of castle

twitter.com/realgdt/status/827065272028766208?lang=en

Hellboy didn't get that dark, BPRD on the other hand did.

>when the girl you like prefer a amphibious humanoid fish-like than you

I have no game guys.

>Hellboy didn't get that dark
What about Conqueror Worm? That was some grim shit especially the Lobster johnson ghost?

>the spookiest one is Jessica Chastain

I read the Strain books and I couldn't tell if it was satire or not, because the entire premise is:

There are people who secretly control the world. People of an ancient bloodline, who move from country to country, pulling strings, making deals, treating humanity like cattle. Many of the world's business and finance leaders are secretly members of their ranks and party to their conspiracy. This terrible group of manipulators, of course, are the Nazi Vampires, and the only people noble and honorable enough to stop them from destroying humanity are the Jews.

Well that still had a Nazi-robot-gorilla

Best kind of gorilla, and yeah there's always crazy science experment stuff and comedy in Hellboy, just enough though.

>Abe Sapien gets seasick travelling on boats

heh heh

Novak wasn't evil and you ignored Prince Nuada

>movie comes out
>it's confirmed for abe sapien origin story
>title officially changed to abe sapien: the shape of water
>taco announces BPRD extended cinematic universe
>abe sapien along with hellboy reboot turns out to be the first links of the universe
>lobster johnson movie confirmed for 2020

Wait, what did this guy do that was actually wrong?

I mean wasn't his entire role in the movie to attack people who intentionally broke into his house and took his stuff?

It looks decent and I would enjoy it but i don't really get who the target audience for this is, i had a "this is gonna bomb hard, isn't it?" thought after the first 30 sec of trailer.

he was scary looking :(

>be a talented director
>make nothing but horrible geek culture fan-service shit

He couldn't even get funding for a third Hellboy film. This movie is a Searchlight budgeted thing which proves that there is no way it can do anything related to Hellboy other than through visual easter eggs. A GDT Hellboy reboot will never happen

He's just joking right?

>when a little girl takes a grape off your table so you bite her fucking head off

'Ugly mute and the Beast', come pay many shekels for a re-telling of a story told a million times before.

Low budget movie where mute spinster try to communicate and finally rescue fishman from government basement facility.

Fuck Del Taco, and fuck the horse he rode in on

I thought he was a symbol of Franco's fascist regime.

I feel like I've already seen the whole movie from the trailer alone

to be fare the original screen play was bioshock but this is whats left after hollywood mangled it

you can still get a sort of bioshock feel with the old retro 50s ish shit and look and the lab setting having water but some where it all fell apart in the rewrites

>to be fare the original screen play was bioshock

WTF I thought that was A Cure for Wellness by Verbinski, how many motherfuckers copying off the same screenplay?

Because DelTaco is a subhuman libshit sjw who wants to genocide the white race. He can eat shit and die with the rest of subhuman niggers and kikes in Hollywood.
I supported him since Mimic and shilled for him hard. But I will gladly pull the fucking trigger and shoot him in the head if given the chance. Fuck that subhuman.

So this is Abe Sapiens Origins?

>thinking movies need a target audience

That's the Hollywood mindset for you

because Del Toro is a hack who makes shitty movies.

He's barely a half step above Tim Burton. Do you remember Crimson Peak?

Really great creature design on the pale man, Del Toro! Wait...what do you mean it's carbon copied from the Tenome in Japanese legends and artwork? Even the sagging skin and the nostrils and the white skin? So all you did was sharpen the fingers a bit? But there was already a version of it with sharp fingers in old tokusatsu shows?

Hmm... So the reason the Pale Man is pale is because you actually didn't bother changing it from the source material enough to make it original in any way, really makes me think.

Real original, Del taco, you stupid fat fuck hack piece of shit

Hellboy has always been dark, it's just also absurdist

Budget is only $19 mil, it can survive on a pretty small audience

Del Toro doesnt understand how horror or monsters work. Why would people trust him with a Lovecrafta adaprion; he would make Cthluhu the good guy. This may as well be that 'Beastly' film or twilight.

Maybe Mexico has made horror passe for him.

I really don't like Guillermo del Toro, I don't care how "auteur" he is, his movies are always terrible

What are some other reasons for what he meant by this? I refuse to believe he really means to shit on white men so nonchalantly.

He shamelessly pulled this monster from Japanese folklore He is covering his ass for brownie points by blaming white men while simultaneously clearing the Japanese of any guilt
He's also just crazy and washed up these days as well

>Geek culture fanservice shit

Motherfucker del Toro makes what he likes. Sorry you have a problem with weird, visually interesting sci-fi/fantasy stuff. Instead he should make yet another boring movie about WWII or something, right? Or maybe some superhero movies, Sup Forums loves those

>twitter.com/realgdt/status/827065272028766208?lang=en

>He's just joking right?

Imagine an established Hollywood writer/director making similar comments referring to dark skin.

Would such a man ever work again?

Fuck this racist POS.

his movies are fine, its him as a person I dislike.

kek

>Instead he should make yet another boring movie about WWII or something, right? Or maybe some superhero movies, Sup Forums loves those

Nah, he should just cast Perlman again. Maybe buy the rights from Sutter and do a zombie-vampires SoA in fantasy space on giant robot bikes or some shit.

I'm amused at how much a tweet is pissing you off

>his movies are fine, its him as a person I dislike.
Tell me more.

>I'm amused at how much a tweet is pissing you off

It's not just a tweet, it's how almost all those who claim to oppose racism somehow are extremely racist themselves without even noticing it.

Saddens me more than it angers me tbqh.

I'd say about half his shit sucks. I love Hellboy and a few other movies by him but he has some low tier offerings. The fucking Strain is such pure garbage that I feel apprehensive about seeing anything new from him.

Wtf instead of hellboy 3 he makes this literal garbage, literal garbage

Look at the Strain, he ripped off the vampires from Blade 2 for those books.

Oh alright then i see no issues, trailer just has a look of a much more expansive movie.

>literal garbage, literal garbage

The reddit of bait, from the reddit of posters, on the reddit of Sup Forums boards, on the second most reddit websites next to fucking reddit.

You can't rip yourself off, user.

I admire your optimism user

He was fine until the little cunt stole his food

Evil white science man enslaving poor dindu nuffins swamp monster that woman wants to fuck so she destroys all of their life's work to free it because muh emotions

Looks good.

This woman represents everything wrong with modern cinema.

The events Hellboy encounters are really dark, its just the fact he's seen it all before and is incredibly deadpan about it makes it a bit less dark.

Why are white people so evil?

Beneath that milky hide there's emptiness inside.

He basically was. The Comic version was a meek scientist who Del Toro took the design from and adapteded as a killing machine.

I jumped out of my set after the opening title sequence thinking it was a Bioshock movie

Holy crap have I never been more let down in my entire life

It actually got laughs bc it was so cringey

I could almost swear I read an Alan Moore comic with a similar premise that involved rape and handjobs

Post Hell on Earth Kronen got a lot more kill crazy though

This is so clearly Abe Sapien

I don't get how shit like this helps anyone

>franco
>fascist

no!

Neonomicon. Which would be a much better movie.

Well he is not wrong. The worlds strongest people are all white and they are the reason everything is so shit.

>he would make Cthluhu the good guy
No, it would be le ebin kaiju monster that pulls down ships and destroys cities.

>del toro's at the mouth of madness script got put online
>love story
>shoggoths spend most of movie pretending to be humans
>shotgun loaded with rock salt

yes crimsom peak was the milestone for weeb culture

Neonomicon

Cringe. He should just stop.

>le cringe meme

Someone wants the BFC

Underrated

> I wonder if they even bleed

Sup Forums isn't the website for you, kid.

>oh it is okay to give things to immigrants without compensation
>they won't ask for more or be impolite

What's the guy on the middle left from?

I forget: why was she imprisoned with the "monster" in the first place?