Why is it so hard for them to recapture the magic of the original Raimi trilogy?

Why is it so hard for them to recapture the magic of the original Raimi trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Ac4xamCIgY
youtube.com/watch?v=IgL8h_u2PHw
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think it was the music.

youtu.be/0Ac4xamCIgY

It was a different time

Unironically this.

Not enough racism

Other than non nigger president, what was so different back then?

It was made when a superhero film was just a superhero film.

No greater universe or cameos or tie-ins. Just a movie about a kid bitten by a radioactive spider... Fighting a superhuman in a green suit, riding a skyboard. Good times.

The more recent films are largely committee-driven in every respect; Raimi's films were the product of an auteur's directorial vision of the spider-man character and world. This is the reason for the distinction. Raimi sought to create something that he personally felt was artistically appealing while remaining true to the heart of the source material; the more recent films merely serve to throw the brand of the superhero of the month out in the most widely marketable manner possible.

It's strictly a difference in approach and overall intent. For all intents and purposes, the newer films are very good at what they do: ensuring brand recognition. But, it's because they focus on that wholeheartedly, they miss out on the potential for creativity and emotional expression that Raimi so perfectly emphasized.

THEY SAY THAT A HERO CAN SAVE US

Raimi understood that it was a comic book film and played along with its campyness. Also ham af performance by Dafoe

We need political commentary every few minutes nowadays.

The internet was more primitive and there wasn't as big a focus on sjw shit that's about it

woah, tone down the racial slurs a bit maybe?

/thread

>sam raimi
>auteur vision

Sam Raimi is not an auteur, he's a hack that does movies to please an audience and make money

our culture was more willing to accept the impossible. We've since traded whimsy for logic. Plus there wasn't yet an established tone for what a superhero had to be for a mass audience.

I remember SJWewness even back in 2000 when I was just 7 years old, it was present, but the people that preached that bullshit were the outcasts, weirdos and losers. Nowadays they're the "cool kids"

I blame mothers that insist every kid gets a trophy.

Spider-man
>With great power, comes great responsibility.

Spider-man: Homecoming
>The Washington Monument was built by slaves.

Nickelback was thought of as a good enough band to put front and center in your movie's marketing campaign.

>implying the raimi trilogy didn't have political commentary in every fucking scene

Because you're not 10 years old anymore. As much as you'd like to be.

>dude lets hate on it cuz it's new lmao

Fucking retard, also that line that you put there was the set up for a joke that didn't had any relevancy to the main plot or anything

This, a lot of "NEW YORK STRONG" because of 9/11 and don't forget the american flag every two seconds

See, you meme, but this is actually a problem. Not the Washington Monument bit, I don't give a fuck, but they took out all references to Uncle Ben and the sense of personal responsibility and guilt Peter felt over his death and replaced it with nothing in particular. His whole gimmick now is wanting to impress Tony Stark, but FUCK Tony Stark. Even within the world of these movies Tony Stark is a huge twat. Why the fuck would I care about whether or not Peter can impress Tony fucking Stark? The whole movie just felt like being Spider-Man was a minor annoyance. What would happen if he gave up being Spider-Man? FUCKING JACK SHIT! Why should I care about any of this?

Because something's only new once, and there's only so many ways to do capeshit on the big screen.

Ironically Tony Stark is what made everyone want to watch this movie, and the exact reason I'm not interested in it.

Because nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Fuck off with Uncle Ben, we already know that shit why would we need to see it again

You mention Nostalgia but at least back then superhero movies like this were pretty new.
You can't say a Beatles tribute band is as good as the actual Beatles because "you only like the Beatles for nostalgia"

Why the fuck do we need 3 Spiderman sagas to begin with?

Sam Raimi is an actual filmmaker with his own style and vision

And I bet you hate on it without seeing it

No Smartphones. Smartphones brought in the downfall of western civilization.

Why would I "hate" something I haven't seen? I'm simply not interested in the idea. You know, some people sometimes aren't interested in watching every single movie that comes out.

Spider Man is a recognizable superhero and the inclusion of him in the MCU is a big thing

> That scene where he burns down a mosque in revenge for 9/11

How did Raimi get away with it?

I can't say the Beatles is good at all and I don't understand your analogy, modern movies aren't tributes to Raimi's Spider-Man.

inb4buthesonlyinitfor10minutes
The entire plot, and almost every character's motivations, revolve around Tony Stark.

sh-shut up
stop contradicting me
s(u_u)z

Not him and I don't know what you're trying to say, people with nostalgia goggles always prefer the old thing and refuse to like or watch the new thing, finding ways to say why it's shit when it's actually good
Not saying the old thing is bad

An example would be the F13 remake

We don't need to "see it again" you fucking imbecile. Stop listening to the movie's marketing blitz and think for two seconds. Do they start every Spider-Man comic with a ten page refresher on what happened to Uncle Ben? No, but there is an understanding that it happened, and it made Peter who he is. It is an intrinsic part of the character, and it motivates his every action. When you completely take that away and replace it with something arbitrary, it changes who the character is. Now, instead of fighting out of a sense of moral obligation, he's fighting because he thinks the Avengers are cool. Now, if he puts himself or his loved ones in danger, it isn't because he is a tragic figure attempting to right his own wrong the only way he knows how, it's because he's a stupid little shit who wants to look cool in front of his stupid little shit friends. That's not fucking compelling at all.

What would happen if instead of being Spider-Man, Peter just said fuck it and focused on school and his social life in this movie? NOTHING OF CONSEQUENCE. In fact, he'd be better off and so would literally everyone else in this movie. The worst possible outcome is that Thor temporarily loses his magic belt until the Avengers take care of it. Everything in this movie is a colossal waste of my time.

why put that line at all, apologist?

I can picture you autistically screeching and hitting yourself in the head after watching the movie, I can tell you obviously didn't get what the movie was going for which is a new younger and modern Peter Parker, a kid who wants to be an avenger for then to realize that that's not an important thing and the important thing is saving people and becoming a real superhero

No, I get it. What you don't get is that's shit. It was a quickly cobbled together corporate turd. The reason he turns down the Avengers is because Sony needs the character for their own solo films so they sloppily incorporated it into the story. If you want to pretend that had anything to do with storytelling, that's cool, but you're pretty fucking stupid.

Because you're not 10 anymore

They got a director who fucking loved the character and knew how to make decent films. That's it. Everyone wants to cater to sjw retards nowadays and get brownie points

>the important thing is saving people

Do the Avengers not save people? Isn't that their whole thing?

>and becoming a real superhero

What the fuck does that even mean? Seriously, please break it down for me. What, were the Avengers not "real" enough? Is he some kind of fucking indie rock superhero thumbing his nose at all the sellouts?

These movies were not good, let alone magical.

They gave the property to a horror movie director who gave a fuck and let him do whatever. They need to do that shit again instead of trying to appeal to retarded teens and Tumblrites.

Raimi made a film that was universally accessible to all ages as opposed to just 15 year olds. Kids are perfectly willing to look up to adults and not just their peers

Why the fuck is he a hack? He doesn't even make mainstream movies you fucking retard. Spider-man was probably the first film he did that actually appealed to a wider audience. All his other films have cult followings since he has a strange style of writing and directing.

>Everyone wants to cater to sjw retards

That's part of it, but the problem with the way Marvel does business is much bigger than that. Every single aspect of these flicks are decided by committee. There is no directoral voice. Honestly, I feel like they only hire directors because of union requirements. All of them look and feel identical.

Avengers is more like a corporation, haven't you watch the other movies? they always fight with something big or themselves but you never see them saving a person during a robbery, that's why Spider Man is always the "friendly neighborhood Spider Man"

A real superhero because he's a dumb kid trying to be a superhero, he's clumsy, failed at that boat part, and at the end he's crying for help

Raimi Spider-Man was the first superhero movie to feel like the source material. Batman had some good films, but were either grittier to make them an easier sell as an action film or schlock like Batman Forever/and Robin. Raimi Spidey was inarguably Spider-Man.

why was 2 so perfect

Because the Raimi movies have already been done. If you try to make a Spider-Man movie about dorky lower-class Peter Parker struggling with his identity as Spider-Man and his relationships, with a heavy focus on New York as more than just a setting, people will complain that you're just copying Raimi. The reboots had to go in a different direction. They have a lot of flaws, but "they're not like Raimi's movies" isn't really a fair criticism.

Lions gate managed to make a decent film that called back to it about a teen super hero in high school but also appealed to adults. It's called Kick Ass.

Maybe Sony and Disney should stop trying to appeal to little kids by beating the same story again and instead offer something new.

You saying you don't like Hero?

I unironically enjoy it

First one was 6/10
Second one was 8/10
Third one was 3/10

Prove me wrong. You can't.

You have no idea how dated the Raimi Spider Man movies are, back then it was okay since superhero movies were a new starting thing in the early 2000s but today after all the shit we got they just feel dated, corny and stupid like the old Christopher Reeves Superman

They're shit. They may have been good when you were 8 but they're shit. I bet everybody who claims they're masterpieces are between the ages of 19-24. Take off the nostalgia goggles

>First one was 6/10

Delet this

this is the correct answer. The only director that loved the Spiderman comics and wanted to do the movie and characters Justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=IgL8h_u2PHw

>prove my opinion wrong

First is easily an 8. Second one is 9. Third is 5.

I agree with you, don't get me wrong. The Raimi films always felt cheesy and overacted. The entire scene where Osbourn terrorizes Aunt May is so incredibly cheesy it's actually hard to believe that scene made the final cut. But it's still a sign that the movie has a sense of humor about itself and its simplicity is refreshing compared to an era of deconstructions and ironic interpretations of characters.

They've aged poorly compared to some of the better cape films of today, and the trilogy as a whole has some of the worst extras of any action film on the planet, but in many respects they have good content.

They hired top quality actors to play villains with a real sense of evil to them, giving us a Satanic Dafoe and a Faustian Molina.

Three might've worked if they'd replaced Venom with Mysterio played by Bruce Campbell.

>please see homecumming with my twink boyfriend tom holland. His movie isn't shit. He is the best. Please. You'll love it.

You seem defensive. I never said that movie was any good.

Myterio was just supposed to be a cameo by Bruce Campbell you stupid manchild

You can dislike Homecoming all you want but when you dislike it because of your autistic love for the Raimi trilogy that's when you're wrong

Whatever you say Tom ;*

Best Raimi superhero

>people unironically think the raimi trilogy is not bad

take off your nostalgia goles

You call it cheesy; but, I very much feel that was the point. It's not an insult because it's very much designed to evoke that sort of over the top comic book feel in order to endear the world and characters to the audience. If anything, it's the trilogy's greatest strength artistically.

Who says I dislike it because of the raimi movies ? Are you fucking retarded? How stupid do you have to be to assume that a person doesn't like a movie you like because of an older series?

Because you got salty when someone called the Raimi movies shit and you instantly jumped to say they prefer Homecoming and that that movie is shit

>"Pass the popcorn, Peter. The show's about to start."

It really was...

Who gives a fuck, nigga? You don't have to be in a raimi thread if you dont like the movies. If you didn't care you wouldn't be getting all uppity about a negative comment toward it, faggot.

great post.
thanks.

>a bit
>maybe
>?
jesus christ, you cucks can't say anything at all without a shitload of passive-aggressive nonsense. i weep for our generation.

But that's what I'm saying.

umm sweetie it was a funny false flag, ok hunny

Kike

Because they didn't have this guy.

Nobody wants that

That was so fucking stupid.

Remove the negress and HC goes up at least 1.5 star.

Luckily we have Thanos to snapp those shitty secondary characters.

Sam Raimi was a director who had actually already directed cult classics, had a unique style, and was a huge spidey fan. Like almost all MCU directors, Jon Watts is a literally who that has directed jack shit of value and probably only has a cursory awareness of Spider-Man and was simply a puppet who did whatever Disney's boards told him to.

I see you too saw that episode of Half in the Bag, since there's no way you actually read the book Jay referenced.

they're just cashing in on "I KNOW what that IS", they don't actually care about what they're making like some sort of artists, cause then they would make completely new things

because you got shit like this in your fucking movie
*breathe in*

>falling for that
jesus christ, you newfags can't say anything at all without being as newfaggy as possible. i weep for our mongolian throat singing forum.

God I fucking love Danny.

>This, a lot of "NEW YORK STRONG" because of 9/11
Despite everyone seeming to hate his guts, his supporters rally on the bridge to throw hotdogs and cups at Goblin and shout "You mess with one of us you mess with all of us!"

less faggotry
less sjws
better gaymes

Raimi is just a good director.

they could have him in the MCU without having a reboot movie though, I mean he was in Civil War already, just fucking roll with it

>i weep

faggot

finally someone asking the real questions