Why did it portray escobar sympathetically?

Why did it portray escobar sympathetically?

They wanted the reddit audience.
Redditors LOVE the anti-hero, the love DeadPool, Breaking Bad, Rorschach

I lost interest after like 2 episodes

He really wasn't that sympathetic

dude malparido hijo de puta maricon lmao

he quite literally did nothing wrong

Blame Breaking Bad for making it trendy to excuse the actions of ruthless criminals because they had good intentions for a fraction of a second and muh family

He made the mistake of being a hothead. Literally every consequence and sequence leading up to his death was caused by him and his actions/orders.

Had he been more like Cali he couldve lived to this day

It didn't.

You are just highly mautistic and/or extremely stupid.

but they didn't, he was impulsive, a liar, cheated on his wife, let his anger control him and killed innocent people, heck he blew up a plane.

I don't know, all my friends who watch Narcos talk about what a boss Escobar was.

Was anybody else bothered by his accent? The man clearly isn't a native Spanish speaker, imagine if you got Antonio Banderas to do an Abraham Lincoln biopic.

he shouldve become the president

thats because they're stupid, he lost everything in the end and died like a cornered rat.

which is what the series showed explicitly.

It did? Looks like you're a drug dealer my friend.

he's a hue

It's almost like they're human beings or something. I too feel like criminal characters should be portrayed with as little nuance as possible.

He gave money to the rats to eat.

why were there no threads about CHAPO?

free of memes, better acting.

He was portrayed as a power-hungry psychopath.

>tfw you realize the U.S. and the CIA are the bad guys and Escobar literally did nothing wrong

>bombs more shit than isis
>"""nothing wrong"""

Who thought it was a good idea to hire a hue to play a colombian?
Except for all the terrorism, murder, and torture

You can sympathize with all humans by definition, if you're not autistic, and do not see the world in black and white.

Humans, even the evil ones, come in shades of grey. You can take Hitler, and make a positive portrayal of him, by showcasing all the good deeds he did for the German people. Before he was Le Evil Nazi Sith Lord, he was the German FDR -- who lifted millions out of poverty, and restored hope in a nation struck with despair and fear. He was a very charming person, that cracked jokes with his bodyguards and party members. He loved the arts, dogs, the outdoors etc.

Basically, if you left out most of the WW2 events, Hitler wasn't such a bad guy. One of the biggest mindfucks, is reading Meinkampf and realizing that he was just like everyone else, struggling with existential angst, and a desire for improving, and seeing the nation around him flourish.

Ditto with Che and the Motorcycle Diaries. Most of these bad hombres, were morally gray, and not Sith Lord characters a la Star Wars.

My favorite part of the series is when one of his guys was listening to a talk show on the radio where someone was arguing against prohibition, and he goes "wow boss can you imagine if cocaine was legal, you'd be king of the world!" And escobar knows full well he'd go broke if that happened.

Argiefag who met some people of the region, they clearly messed up spme accents and rarely feel authentic to natives.

Tho it annoys me personally how rarely the swearing is not cliche as shit ( hijooo de putaaaaa!), latinos can be pretty amusing when insulting each other.

Banderas, Darín, hell, tons of great spanish actors could have done it better.

>killing poor plebeians
>bad

>muh injustice
>muh pepes
>muh gobment

fucking anti-social deranged psycho if you tell me

hmmm

never thought about that actually, thats why he was so quiet

It was based Limon who said that btw

El chapo is better

The actor and director are BOTH Leftism retards

>mfw everything meant for entertainment has to be politically correct and fags like you can't enjoy for the sake of it

Dude it totally wanted you to feel bad escobar it went all LOOK ESCOBAR CARED ABOUT HIS FAMILY BRO SEE HES NOT A TOTAL MONSTER BRO

How can someone miss the point this badly

Pablo Escobar is loved by a lot of people and that's one of the most interesting things about him, it wouldn't be much of a show if they didn't explain why.
How nervous would you be if you were the actor playing him and the script called for you to be an asshole? That guy will fucking kill you.

What nuance?

>Episode opens with some shit about Escobar and his bitch
>Mushy stuff
>He goes to do drug dealer stuff and kills someone or sets someone up to die
>Goes back with his bitch
>Drug deal
>Bitch
>This goes on and on until the series ends

Yes, evil bastards have loved ones. We get it. It's an old story. There's nothing complex about self-serving killers that are such egomaniacs the only reason they didn't kill their wife and kids yet is because of the relationship they have with him.

he is a monster, and he cared for his family. must you believe an evil man can have no virtues? are you that retarded?

No news about season 3? There's just one teaser and it seems there's more info about season 4 (El Chapo) because they're going to interview him or something.

Redditors literally belive that you are either saint or le ebil literaly satan that wants to destroy the world.
Thats why they love capeshit they can have their daily dose of heroes that never dindu nuffin and one dimensional antagonists.

But it really hammered it in the second season even though you already understood his character. It felt forceful to me and it made him 100% the protagonist instead of a balance between him and the DEA agent.

Can you guys stop obsessing about what people on reddit do and don't like for 10 seconds? That'd be great.

>he had little kids so exploding a plane full of innocent poeple aint that big of a deal, liberal!
Yikes.

i disagree, they obviously wanted to share the emotional side of being on the run and so explored escobar's side with more depth than they did the agents, but i never felt like he was the protagonist.

Did they? At what point? The show I saw made him out to be charming and intelligent, but also as a paranoid, violent psychopath. By every account I've ever read, that's fairly true to life.

The early part of his career, when he's relatively small time and there aren't yet a lot of civilian casualties, sure, he's kinda sympathetic. He plays up the robin hood angle, tries to do the public office thing. That matches up with public perception of him at the time. Similar to guys like Capone and Gotti in the US, he managed to play down the darker side of his business and be a celeb for a while. But he turns into a true villain very quickly. By the middle of season 1, IIRC, he's killing people off for the smallest of reasons.

Out of curiousity, are these the same asshats that think Tony Montana is a pretty cool guy?

>Was anybody else bothered by his accent?
A lot of people brought that up. Dude is brazilian IIRC? They got him because of the physical resemblance, obviously. Banderas has many talents, but he would be a terrible Escobar.

shit-tier analysis
maybe instead of rooting for the bland, derpy blonde cop, they took enjoyment from seeing the far more interesting bad guy get shit done. which is why people enjoy seeing walter white, darth vader, tony soprano characters, sometimes we enjoy the bad guy doing cool shit
(doesn't mean we condone all his actions you tard but we can at least enjoy watching it)
he was born into a shit country of savages. if he didnt do that shit, someone else would. theres pretty much no hope of legit institutions in columbia when everyone is such shit tier. doesnt justify his terrorism. he did some good shit, lots of bad shit. why do retards say "nothing wrong" when he definitely did some shit wrong and stupidly, theres room for gray area you fucks
pretty much. he was alright at first then got way over his head and started doing dumb as fuck things. like his huehue millitias didnt really have training or bravery there were just alot of them and expendable, why he gets exposed in s2 when he has to bunker down and cant travel anywhere because his network and everything got fucked, and his dumbass soldiers couldnt do anything about it without getting rekt

True enough. Probably a little generous to call it "morally gray" but I agree with your thesis. At the end of the day, though, you're judged by your actions, not what you meant or felt. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", as the saying goes.

Wait, you just described /tv tho

He made that kid suicide bombing himself without his concent.

>blow up plane with 105 people in it
>complain about human rights
hmm

Netflix version of Escobar is subpar to the Colombian one in Escobar, El patrón del mal

But they weren't supposed to do another Escobar series, the shift towards a DEA perspective and now against the Cali cartel is more interesting. Besides I wanna see Pedro Pascal once again

>Netflix version of Escobar is subpar to the Colombian one in Escobar, El patrón del mal
absolutely true. The netflix show was garbage, at least 90% of the details were made up. There was no character called Judy moncada, Pablo never bombed the Cali cartel's wedding and Pena never had any contact with Los pepes. Garbage uninteresting show, would have been much better if it stuck to facts but Netflix as always turns gold into shit

I'm not bothered because I'm not a filthy spic.

They showed both sides. You're just not smart enough to see it.