Horribly Overrated Characters

I'll start.

Everyone's always on about Muh Wally. I read those Waid and Johns books and while they were fine they weren't this masterpiece like people harp on about. Wally isn't some super special unique snowflake that deserve nearly as much of the characterfaggotry and whining he's gotten.

I'll admit DCU Rebirth was great before the wallyfags go balistic.

But muh FEATS and muh jokes! Muh family and girlfriends!

muh hot asian waifu and shitty kids no one liked before they got deleted

One Sup Forumsmrade read those comics, enjoyed the fuck out of them and described them vividly and nicely to somebody asking what he should read.

The guy who asked and got the answer was satisfied with the answer and decided he didn't need to read the comics after all. So he told those descriptions to other anons pretending he read the comics and knows what he's talking about.

Years pass, rec lists are made based on that info, FUCING ATTOSECOND images are made based on that info, newfags keep beating that info to death pretending they read the comics in question but really just stroking each other in safe space of one Sup Forumsmrade's old ass opinion.

Add the fact that Wally disappeared from existence around the time the oldest of current Sup Forums oldfags started getting into regular comics reading and you get the perfect recipe for meme bitching.

Applies to almost every topic with slight alterations to the last paragraph.

Attosecond wasn't Wally. That was in the post Final Crisis "Wank Barry as hard as possible" era.

Ah yes, all those inconsequential traits that definitely would have nothing to do with making a character enjoyable to read.

People love Flash and Wally was the best Flash. There is literally no other Flash stories that can top Wally era so people are fonder of him.

Damning with faint praise.

I'm sure it's just modern readers not like Silver/Bronze age storytelling but Barry's run was legendary. It literally revitalized comics. Wally's run is, at best, an alright run.

Return of Barry Allen and Terminal Velocity were the top height of Flash stories. I can't imagine a silver age or new 52 story coming close to them in story telling, characterization or emotinal wise.

this isn't wrong except wally is actually living up to the hype.

because you're a pleb who skipped WML and skipped a solid third of his character development

Oh yes, the story where a guy from the future forgets who he is, thinks he's Barry Allen because he read Barry's Wife's diary, so much so that magic ring powers can't suss it out, all on the contrived notion of trying to explain Wally getting a power up because they were tired of the post crisis low level powers.

I have also read the WML run and the even worse Baron run. It's just the waid/morrison/johns shit gets wanked to high heaven and there's nothing special there.

It's some sappy power of level shit and a neverending run of uninspired non sense power ups.

>DCU Rebirth was great before the wallyfags go balistic
Literally impossible, since DC Rebirth started with Wally.
Low quality b8, m8

I still can't believe they referenced that shitty scene from that shitty movie

It was great seeing Wally return, but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that page

Who are worse, Wallyfags or Novafags?

I was admitting it was a good comic in spite of how I think Wally is overrated as shit.

Wallyfags. They're both pretty obnoxious but Wallyfags also have the caveat of non stop masturbating over a fictional character's power level to a degree that only falls short of DBZFags.

>Add the fact that Wally disappeared from existence around the time the oldest of current Sup Forums oldfags started getting into regular comics

That was only five fucking years ago. Has anyone here seriously been reading comics for less than five years?

Eh. Wally disappeared in Infinite Crisis more or less. Been basically a decade where the only Wally content was Rebirth (where he was marginalized as heck for the Barry wankery) and that sordid stop gap that happened just before Rebirth.

This whole thread reeks of samefaggotry.

You can just look at the bottom right ya newfag.

Faggot.

No it wasnt. It was during 1000000

Attosecond was from Superman Grounded. Wally outraced himself in Flash 1mil though